FL FL - Sumter Co, 'Little Miss Panasoffkee', WhtFem 17-24, 470UFFL, Feb'71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Side by side. Sure looks like it could be the same girl.

PanasoffkeeKonstantinaComparison_zps181246a7.jpg

the nose and eyes look like a match... i hope the caller sends in more pictures...

i am sorry for the double post, but here is the YouTube link of this case on the Greek TV Show, go to the 34th Minute... and to re-explain what someone missed...basically, they introduced her in the last episode and they were following up again and re-showing her photos, and the outfit she was supposedly found in and the jewelry. She was basically translating in Greek everything that Sumter County had already and said how multiple people called in... few called in to say that the girl in the composite photo looked like Konstantina, and another lady sent in photos of the girls that were supposed to go to AMERICA that year. They showed 2 additional photos of 2 girls who they thought MIGHT look like the composite photo, in addition to another photo of Konstantina.

ΦΩΣ ΣΤΟ ΤΟΥΝΕΛ S17E06 ALPHA MELITINI28 - YouTube

also clearer pictures...

another photo of konstantina
knstatina1.jpg

the two other girls that COULD be Little Miss P who were traveling to the US
demegirl.jpg

demegrl2.jpg

they basically want to find these 2 girls who may know what happened when they went to the US and about Konstantina...

If I'm understanding you correctly, all three girls are missing?

Are they entered in any European or US missing persons sites?

If I'm understanding you correctly, all three girls are missing?

Are they entered in any European or US missing persons sites?

I don't know if they are missing...more of lost track of? Like you lost track of your old high school buddies but they aren't lost. They want to talk to the girls who went to the US and see if they know anything, but they aren't sure where they are now.

That is my take on it.

Deca is right. The daughter of a DEME employee at that time sent in a group photo of the girls that were supposed to go to America that year probably in 1969 or 1970 and she thought those 2 girls could have resembled the composite photo. That's why now Aggeliki, the TV host wants to find those 2 girls, in addition to Konstantina's relatives to see what happened when the girls went to the US and possibly rule them out.

Deca is right. The daughter of a DEME employee at that time sent in a group photo of the girls that were supposed to go to America that year probably in 1969 or 1970 and she thought those 2 girls could have resembled the composite photo. That's why now Aggeliki, the TV host wants to find those 2 girls, in addition to Konstantina's relatives to see what happened when the girls went to the US and possibly rule them out.

Okay, thanks for clarifying :)

demegrl2.jpg

the daughter of this lady called into the show and she said her mother is alive and well...but was sleeping at the time of the broadcast. The daughter said she went to australia during that time and not to the USA.. but would try to have her call in at a later time.

in addition, there was a jewelry store in downtown Athens at that time before the 1970s that sold Baylor watches.

Also Aggeliki, the TV host is perplexed at the fact that they have been showing the picture of Konstantina for the last two weeks and no one has come forward to "claim" her, i.e. relatives or really close friends of her... and she is really starting to think that the composite photo is really her. People from Lavrio had requested to see the two side by side photos again to see if they recognize either of them... a new episode will show on Jan 11th.

bump

There hasn't been any new information regarding her on the Tunnel show, but I am trying to research information about the Hellenic Navy where this "Stelio" Konstantina's brother served while she was at DEME before she came to the USA...I found that the Hellenic Naval base is on Salamina Island which is very near to Lavrio and K. Margaritis was the Vice-Admiral during the time of 1968-1973.

Also - since Little Miss P was found in that area, officials were quick to say that she could have been from Tarpon Springs since St. Nick's is there and there's a huge Greek population, but there are at least 3 other churches in that area where she was dumped that she could have been a member of. One of the churches in St. Augustine, has old photos and i'm trying to go through them to see if there is anyone that semi resembles the composite photo... i'll see what i can find out...

10 Mysterious Cases Involving Unidentified People
#10 Little Miss Panasoffkee
On February 19, 1971, in Sumter County, Florida, the decomposed body of a young woman was discovered beneath a bridge in Lake Panasoffkee. She was believed to be in her early twenties and had been strangled to death with a man’s belt which was still wrapped around her throat. She had no identification and since no one ever came forward to claim her body, she was nicknamed “Little Miss Panasoffkee” and laid to rest in the area.

Years later, her body was exhumed in an attempt to identify her. One of the most curious discoveries they made was that a form of surgery called the “Watson-Jones” technique had been performed on her ankle. She had extensive dental work and a recent study of the lead isotopes in her teeth has led to the theory that she may have been a resident of Lavrion, a fishing port near Athens, Greece. It is also believed that she had given birth to a child at one point. In spite of these very distinct clues, her real identity has yet to be uncovered.

Links to story Clues emerge in cold case murder that may be tied to Tarpon Springs

bump

what new news that I have on this case is that I came across another website called Hellbeasts and the admin, Cleo recreates human-like photos from the skulls of these identified does and their composite photos.. i have commented in that thread as well.. and with the skull i found from the UM original broadcast Cleo recreated what Little Miss P may have looked like in real life..

http://www.hellbeasts.com/?p=4550

bump

what new news that I have on this case is that I came across another website called Hellbeasts and the admin, Cleo recreates human-like photos from the skulls of these identified does and their composite photos.. i have commented in that thread as well.. and with the skull i found from the UM original broadcast Cleo recreated what Little Miss P may have looked like in real life..

http://www.hellbeasts.com/?p=4550

Huh. That one bears a very strong resemblance to the most recent reconstruction of the Lady of the Dunes a few years later (1974).

http://www.examiner.com/article/lady-of-the-provincetown

There's been quite a few depictions of what Lady of the Dunes may have looked like. I think the most recent depiction looks like Jennifer Aniston somewhat - who, coincidentally is Greek.

There's been quite a few depictions of what Lady of the Dunes may have looked like. I think the most recent depiction looks like Jennifer Aniston somewhat - who, coincidentally is Greek.

i can see it... even in the composite is similar to her... Greeks are known to have prominent bone structures/cheekbones.. in 1 picture i even thought my face resembled the composite photo.. lol it's crazy. Aniston's (Anastassakis) family is from Crete though, whereas Little Miss P is from Lavrio, a town outside of Athens.

I haven't found anything new... still researching some angles

annoulzz and others - your dedication and research on this case is incredible - I really hope this mystery is solved soon and this girl gets her name back.

No follow-up by that Greek TV show on Konstantina?

annoulzz and others - your dedication and research on this case is incredible - I really hope this mystery is solved soon and this girl gets her name back.

No follow-up by that Greek TV show on Konstantina?
Not yet. I watch it constantly and check their website regularly. Sometimes I like to step away from the case for a few weeks and come back with a fresh pair of eyes research and see if I miss anything. I definitely think the konstantina angle would have worked but I'm not sure if she had a child prior to leaving for the states. Whether this girl had a child out of wedlock then was sent away to the US to be with family is possible because in order to come to the US then, it was by a lottery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back