FL FL - Sumter Co, 'Little Miss Panasoffkee', WhtFem 17-24, 470UFFL, Feb'71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was just wondering if these cases have been excluded as possible matches. The first 2 have some Native American ancestry, which was mentioned in the article and case file. This area where the UID was found really is no-man's land it is so desolate. I often traveled it going from Tallahassee, FL to Fort Lauderdale, FL.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cook_mary.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/johnson_leah.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sheehy_denise.html

I want to bump this and bring up Mary Cook again. She fits in every respect except weight and dental work. It's hard to tell because the photo of Mary is not great, but she does look very much like some of the sketches, especially her nose. Investigators believe that if her husband killed her (which there is a bunch of circumstantial evidence pointing to), she would have been dumped not more than a couple hours from her home, and Polk County, where she disappeared, neighbors Sumter County, where Jane Doe was found. She had apparently told her mother she was making a new green dress. Could she had made a green outfit or poncho instead, and someone just misremembered? (I get the idea that much of what is in the NamUs file was reported by her oldest son after the fact, or her husband who likely had something to hide, but I may be reading too much into it.)

But the biggest thing to me is that Mary Cook reportedly had a discolored (or scarred?) right ankle, and the Jane Doe had surgery on her right ankle. Mary Cook and Jane Doe were both mothers. The big difference I can see is the dentistry, but again, if this is relying on someone's memory — or her husband's report to the police — it may not be 100% accurate. I still think it might be worth checking out.

Attachments

• LakePan004.jpg
    LakePan004.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 69
  • GreekImmigrant.jpg
    GreekImmigrant.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 76
I want to bump this and bring up Mary Cook again. She fits in every respect except weight and dental work. It's hard to tell because the photo of Mary is not great, but she does look very much like some of the sketches, especially her nose. Investigators believe that if her husband killed her (which there is a bunch of circumstantial evidence pointing to), she would have been dumped not more than a couple hours from her home, and Polk County, where she disappeared, neighbors Sumter County, where Jane Doe was found. She had apparently told her mother she was making a new green dress. Could she had made a green outfit or poncho instead, and someone just misremembered? (I get the idea that much of what is in the NamUs file was reported by her oldest son after the fact, or her husband who likely had something to hide, but I may be reading too much into it.)

But the biggest thing to me is that Mary Cook reportedly had a discolored (or scarred?) right ankle, and the Jane Doe had surgery on her right ankle. Mary Cook and Jane Doe were both mothers. The big difference I can see is the dentistry, but again, if this is relying on someone's memory — or her husband's report to the police — it may not be 100% accurate. I still think it might be worth checking out.

The eye color is off and Mary was married to her husband for 8 years, whereas Little Miss P was estimated to be in Florida within 2 months prior of her death and a year prior to her US arrival from when they had tested her hair.

Fingers crossed this will be the last year she goes without a name.

Her case was on UM last week... I wish they could update the case with the findings we have now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Unsolved Mysteries

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bump

what new news that I have on this case is that I came across another website called Hellbeasts and the admin, Cleo recreates human-like photos from the skulls of these identified does and their composite photos.. i have commented in that thread as well.. and with the skull i found from the UM original broadcast Cleo recreated what Little Miss P may have looked like in real life..

http://www.hellbeasts.com/?p=4550

Do you still have the skull? If so can you share it with Carl so he can do one?

I wonder if she were a flight attendant.
Does anyone know if investigators contacted anyone in Greece about this victim?

I was gonna share her album today after linking her in another thread, found out her album was accidently deleted. I almost have her narrative redone and am gonna tag it with the location in Greece and see if we can get people o share it there. I have a few people from Hungary on my profile; hopefully they'll help.
Thanks, Rose.

I wonder if she were a flight attendant.
Does anyone know if investigators contacted anyone in Greece about this victim?

I linked her in another thread this morning, and changed her location to the town in Greece and share it but found it had gotten accidently deleted. I have everything saved again and rote her narrative, hopefully I can redo the album tomorrow to get her shared. I have FB friends that live in Europen hopefully they will share it.

This is the first I've heard of her. Very sad!

IMO, it's no wonder decades worth of officers remember her. This is such a tiny, old school Florida type of fishing town. If you ask someone where a grocery store is in Lake Panasoffkee, they will direct you to the Dollar General Store. That is how it currently is. I can't image how slow things were back in the 70's. (There are bigger grocery stores if you travel to Wildwood or Inverness. But to the locals, the DG store is gold)

JMO

Poor woman. I've been a (silent) follower of this one for a long time... Though I hadn't read that article before!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back