Found Deceased FL - Susan Mauldin, 65, Fleming Island, 23 Oct 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nearly two dozen longtime friends and neighbors of 65-year-old Susan Mauldin gathered at the missing woman’s home Sunday to say they are still hoping to learn what happened to her.

Mauldin’s husband passed away years ago and she has no relatives in the U.S. Her friends say they are all she has.

Friends of Fleming Island woman missing nearly 3 months want answers

Nearly two dozen longtime friends and neighbors of 65-year-old Susan Mauldin gathered at the missing woman’s home Sunday to say they are still hoping to learn what happened to her.

Mauldin’s husband passed away years ago and she has no relatives in the U.S. Her friends say they are all she has.

Friends of Fleming Island woman missing nearly 3 months want answers
I saw that on the news last night. Glad that she has these wonderful neighbors to look out for her. If they could only find her.

Hopefully, Binderim gave them a tip or phone pings, sightings, etc led them to this landfill. So sad. So he apparently moved as far away from Clay County, Florida as he could. It's been so long that I hope they can find her.

"The Chesser Island Road Landfill [in Georgia] is where Clay County Sheriff’s Office detectives found the body of 7-year-old Somer Thompson in 2009. It’s also where the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office searched for the body of Joleen Cummings in 2018 without success."
I wonder why that location is so popular. Is it because it is in a very rural, so unpopulated, area and not monitored or do a lot of these perps just know Georgia better? Weird. I can't imagine Florida using a Georgia landfill but I guess anything is possible.
FBI searching landfill in connection with Clay County woman’s disappearance

Last edited:
JAN 24, 2020
'We just hope, pray that they find something': Friends thankful FBI searching for missing Clay County woman
[...]

After learning the FBI began searching the Chesser Island Road Landfill in Folkston, Georgia this week, she [Neighbor, PR] said she is thankful for their search efforts. She said it gives her a glimmer of hope in learning details about Mauldin's sudden disappearance.

"I would be grateful because I know she's not alive," she said. "She would be here if she was alive."

[...]

4cfdd0fb-4972-41a8-9b7d-97f3f3f7b7ff_750x422.png

Corey Binderim is a person of interest in the disappearance of a Clay County woman. He has been arrested on unrelated charges. CCSO

He was doing remodeling work on Mauldin's home. He was arrested in December in Duval County on a forgery charge unrelated to her disappearance. Ritchie says she's thankful law enforcement agencies are putting a focus on finding her.

[...]

The Clay County Sheriff's Office released a statement Friday about another location of interest: the Rosemary Hill Solid Waste Management Facility, but they couldn't comment on why it was on their radar or if anything was found.

[...]

The FBI says search teams are tentatively scheduled to continue to look through the landfill next week.

Hopefully, Binderim gave them a tip or phone pings, sightings, etc led them to this landfill. So sad. So he apparently moved as far away from Clay County, Florida as he could. It's been so long that I hope they can find her.

"The Chesser Island Road Landfill [in Georgia] is where Clay County Sheriff’s Office detectives found the body of 7-year-old Somer Thompson in 2009. It’s also where the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office searched for the body of Joleen Cummings in 2018 without success."
I wonder why that location is so popular. Is it because it is in a very rural, so unpopulated, area and not monitored or do a lot of these perps just know Georgia better? Weird. I can't imagine Florida using a Georgia landfill but I guess anything is possible.
FBI searching landfill in connection with Clay County woman’s disappearance
Yes, north Florida ships it's trash out. GA makes money accepting it. Not much land left here.

Last edited:
That landfill needs a security guard at a minimum. More than one murdered person has been found there.

FEB 5, 2020
Florida contractor charged with murder of missing woman after her body is discovered in Georgia landfill
[...]

Corey Binderim, 45, of Fleming Island, Fla., was charged with murder and evidence tampering Friday night, Nelson said. ...

[...]

A lead brought investigators to the landfill, where 70 to 90 FBI agents and sheriff’s deputies searched the area each day beginning at sunrise, scouring thousands of tons of garbage, FBI Jacksonville special agent in charge Rachel Rojas said.

[...]

On Jan. 29, the ninth day of the search, a deputy found a human skull, Rojas said. In the same area the next day, an FBI agent discovered more human remains. Mauldin’s dental records were a match.

[...]

“The recovery of Susan Mauldin’s remains now sadly confirms what we believed to be true since October,” Nelson said. “Now, Susan Mauldin can be properly laid to rest, and we will begin our work to seek justice on her behalf.”

That landfill needs a security guard at a minimum. More than one murdered person has been found there.
It's not like people are taking bodies to the landfill, they're putting them in the trash and they make their way there. We should be appreciative of that particular landfill for having whatever systems in place that even make it possible for bodies to be found versus the landfills where bodies have never been found.

I agree but it would be cost prohibitive, unfortunately. However, I certainly hope LE is familiar enough with trash pick ups, landfill processes, local dumps in their jurisdictions to have a process in place for discovery when a body is missing. LE restricting, or halting trash pick up schedules immediately after a murder, could prevent bodies from ending up there. It would be hard to know when to make that call tho.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back