Identified! FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for contacting Roselvr, she always knows how to reach me. I appreciate you thinking of Deb, I have submitted her to LE on Debs case, so we will see how it goes. I'm praying so hard for this to be her......
Gail Joyner is still the only ruleout.
MP3980 Debora Sue Lowe has been ruled out being Tampa Girl.

Debora's WS thread:
FL - FL - Debora Lowe, 13, Pompano Beach, 29 Feb 1972

Could this Jane Doe be the remains of Wendy Huggy? She was a little older, 16, when she went missing in 1982 from Clearwater, FL. (29 minutes drive to Tampa) Wendy Lynn Huggy – The Charley Project

View attachment 276961View attachment 276962

My opinion - any decent possibility should be submitted so the experts can decide whether to look into it further. There's just not enough to go on to rule them out ourselves. I think face shape and nose seem similar...

Tinze Huels was the first person I thought of as well. Age is a little higher than the estimate, but she was still a teen. (We've seen estimates be way farther off than that).

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Tammy Akers and Angela Rader went missing from VA and were reportedly last seen hitchhiking together to FL. It's a long shot due to time, distance (FL is pretty darn large and who knows if they even made it that far), and if this is one of the girls, where is the other?? But they were both only 14, which does match the age range here.
I just think of Tammy Jo Alexander being found so far from home... But there is also suspicion that both girls were killed by someone they knew, and much closer to home. A complicated story.... Tammy Lynn Akers – The Charley Project

And I always think of Angela Ramsey and wonder what on earth happened to her. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Angela Ramsey was last seen in Deland, though, and that's like 2 hours from Tampa. Her dentals are fairly unique, so I would think they could rule her out if the UID remains have the front teeth intact

The Doe Network: Case File 2959DFFL

Sherry Lynn Young
Missing since June 1, 1984 from Orlando, Orange County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: August 26, 1970
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 105 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • DNA: Available
SherryYoung.jpg
No more recent pictures available.

I couldn't find an existing thread for this little girl. She is estimated being about 12-14 years old! :(

Thumbnail

Female
White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: January 1, 1994
Location Found: Tampa, Florida
Estimated Age Range: 11-15 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: USF19-018

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Possible Nickname: --

Estimated Age Group: Adolescent
Estimated Age Range (Years): 11-15

Estimated Year of Death: --
Estimated PMI: --

Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased

NamUs Case Created: November 12, 2019
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map
County: Hillsborough County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --
Found On Tribal Land: No

Circumstances of Recovery:
Juvenile female that is likely 12-14 years old.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains:
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered

Condition of Remains:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered
I couldn't find an existing thread for this little girl. She is estimated being about 12-14 years old! :(

Thumbnail

Female
White / Caucasian
Location Found: Tampa, Florida
Estimated Age Range: 11-15 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: USF19-018

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Possible Nickname: --

Estimated Age Group: Adolescent
Estimated Age Range (Years): 11-15

Estimated Year of Death: --
Estimated PMI: --

Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased

NamUs Case Created: November 12, 2019
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map
County: Hillsborough County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --
Found On Tribal Land: No

Circumstances of Recovery:
Juvenile female that is likely 12-14 years old.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains:
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered

Condition of Remains:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Attachments

• 3918_504363026250764_1857087462_n.jpg
    3918_504363026250764_1857087462_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 26
I do not believe the remains were found at USF; rather, I think they are "owned" by the USF forensic lab (explanation for the unique ID number) and were entered on behalf of Hernando County.

I think there's a possibility that this case is related to the several sets of incomplete unidentified remains found on Billy Mansfield's property in Weeki Wachee in 1981. Here's reporting from the 1981 dig. The investigator for Hernando County is the same and the NamUs entries read very similarly. Those "co-mingled" remains were also dated to the late 1970s, which makes the current rule-outs make sense for this UID. In addition, the UID from this thread (USF19-018) has a sequential USF ID that suggests they are from the same lot as this other Weeki Wachee UID (USF19-017) found on Mansfield's property.

To make your day even worse, Hernando County is STILL in the process of finding bodies on the property.

I do not believe the remains were found at USF; rather, I think they are "owned" by the USF forensic lab (explanation for the unique ID number) and were entered on behalf of Hernando County.

I think there's a possibility that this case is related to the several sets of incomplete unidentified remains found on Billy Mansfield's property in Weeki Wachee in 1981. Here's reporting from the 1981 dig. The investigator for Hernando County is the same and the NamUs entries read very similarly. Those "co-mingled" remains were also dated to the late 1970s, which makes the current rule-outs make sense for this UID. In addition, the UID from this thread (USF19-018) has a sequential USF ID that suggests they are from the same lot as this other Weeki Wachee UID (USF19-017) found on Mansfield's property.

To make your day even worse, Hernando County is STILL in the process of finding bodies on the property.
That would make sense and explain why the two counties are collaborating. Was Billy, his dad William, brother Gary and Robby Mansfield known to troll beaches and malls for victims? Sure looks like dad lead the way..... albeit the wrong way.

Fourth buried body identified as missing woman
Snip:
"Mansfield's father, William, was sentenced to 30 years in prison in November for sex crimes involving young girls, but Sheriff's Maj. C.E. Crosby said he was not now a suspect in the deaths of the bodies recovered so far.

A second son, Gary Mansfield, 23, is also in jail in Santa Cruz, charged with being an accessory to the murder there, and a third son, Robby Mansfield, 18, was arrested Tuesday and jailed in Brooksville on a charge of burglary of a dwelling and grand theft of a rifle from a home near Brooksville."

So I noticed that Tampa Girl's NamUs was created November 12th, 2019, and her recon was added June 2nd, meaning this 26 year old case has been heating up quite recently. I must admit I was intrigued to why Hernando county also was named as an investigating agency, so I looked up cold cases in Hernando and came across the unsolved murder of 12 year old Jennifer Odom, who was killed in February 1993. This case has also been heating up lately, due to the possibility of using forensic genealogy to finally catch the perp once and for all. The lead investigator? None other than det. George Loydgren (also the head of the cold case unit). From this link about him solving a rape case from 1983:
The video link posted further down this post is also very informative.

So, here are some questions I've been wondering about: Is there any biological evidence to tie Tampa Girl to Jennifer's case (or another case in Hernando county)? Is Loydgren scouting for potential victims in different counties to tie to a specific case, or gathering ammo, so to speak, against suspected perp to build up a case?

For a case that's been ice cold for as long as Tampa Girl's case with literally no info anywhere, I have a feeling she might be a part of something bigger in the long run, but if that turns out to be a dead-end, I hope this renewed interest in her case leads to her being identified.

Additional sources:

Hernando County Sheriff's Office

Hernando County Sheriff's Office

ETA: Turns out that Jennifer Odom has a thread and that the connection to Tampa Girl's case is also made in that thread! Jeffrey Norman Crum Sr is a POI in Jennifer's case; perhaps Tampa Girl's too?

Jennifer Odom's WS thread:
FL - FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993
It seems like Hernando county (and det. George Loydgren) is no longer named as a contributing investigating agency on Tampa Girl's NamUs page, or at least not on her public page. The page was last updated on April 16th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back