Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they nail this woman's behind to the wall and any and all others who may have had a hand in this. It's the ultimate betrayal. Someone Taylor cared for and trusted took her life and tried to cover it up by making it look like she had abandoned her loved ones. What scares me most is that with Ashley's background and the way so many were willing to accept Taylor's disappearance as her own doing, this woman could have actually gotten away with this. It seems as though even LE was buying into her story.

If Fleurde and Nancy hadn't stood their ground and insisted that something was wrong, this could have ended up as a cold case. Taylor was blessed to be loved by these two women and I hope that knowing they were there for her to the very end will bring them both comfort in the days to come.

I hope they nail this woman's behind to the wall and any and all others who may have had a hand in this. It's the ultimate betrayal. Someone Taylor cared for and trusted took her life and tried to cover it up by making it look like she had abandoned her loved ones. What scares me most is that with Ashley's background and the way so many were willing to accept Taylor's disappearance as her own doing, this woman could have actually gotten away with this. It seems as though even LE was buying into her story.

If Fleurde and Nancy hadn't stood their ground and insisted that something was wrong, this could have ended up as a cold case. Taylor was blessed to be loved by these two women and I hope that knowing they were there for her to the very end will bring them both comfort in the days to come.
While I won't get into anything that was discussed I can say that based on my conversation with Det. Ghigliotti on September 23rd that this was not a situation where this would have been a cold case. Taylor would be found alive or deceased as it was rather clear to me he was determined to get to the bottom of this and know one way or the other.

Fleurde stated to me and many times throughout the thread that she trusted the detective and felt confident that he was looking for Taylor. So yes, props to him. My point is that she and Nancy had enough faith in Taylor to know something was wrong, to sound the alarm bells and to stick up for her when she couldn't stick up for herself. Every victim should be that lucky, but sadly, that's not always the case.

If this was all about the money and Ashley suddenly popped up with tens of thousands of dollars, how did she explain that to her family? She won the lottery? If I walked in with that kind of money, my hubby would be like WTH? If she took the money, she had to have used it for something, otherwise she could have just given it back when Taylor asked for it. So I wonder what she did with it.

I expected to wake up this morning feeling sad.
And I am, but the overriding feeling is fury.

I've seen comments that with Taylors work history, that she might not be so trusting as to hand over her money to someone else.
I've seen comments that Ashley was considered by her to be a best friend.
I've seen comments that Taylor probably didn't know Ashley that long, given her recent move.
And I've seen Abudrake state repeatedly that Taylor was extremely social, and made fast, close friendships.

I think that is what happened here, and that in spite of her background, perhaps Taylor was naive when it came to offering trust to those she felt kinship with. And this hunter smelled it on her, and took advantage of that quality. Taylor bonds easily, and was willing to hand over the money to someone she felt she could trust. That money was probably out of the box and spent/hidden within days of her receiving it, and then it was just a count down to the day she had to face Taylor about it.

How dare she take a mother away from her son, a daughter from her family, all for what amounts to a few shekels! I am furious.

<modsnip>

That makes me think back to what fleurde said about the conversation she had with Taylor regarding the money. She said something didn't feel right. I'm wondering if Taylor had tried to get the money back prior to the day she went missing and Ashley came up with some excuse. Maybe she told her she had removed it from the SDB for whatever reason and that it was at her house or at the farm. It doesn't make sense to me that she would take Taylor to the bank if she knew good and well the money wasn't going to be there.

I agree. I never thought for one minute she left on her own. Her poor gf and family had to defend her and now this.. RIP taylor

That makes me think back to what fleurde said about the conversation she had with Taylor regarding the money. She said something didn't feel right. I'm wondering if Taylor had tried to get the money back prior to the day she went missing and Ashley came up with some excuse. Maybe she told her she had removed it from the SDB for whatever reason and that it was at her house or at the farm. It doesn't make sense to me that she would take Taylor to the bank if she knew good and well the money wasn't going to be there.

It was stated by some one in the earlier threads that the money was not in the SD box anymore and Taylor knew the money was gone. I think Taylor was lured to the farm to ride and collect the money. JMO

maybe Taylor had been asking to go to the bank for sometime and Ashley kept putting it off, after all Taylor had to have Ashley to access it. Finally Ashley took her and had a plan from there. Maybe that&#8217;s the premeditated part? Autopsy outcome is big here.

It was stated by some one in the earlier threads that the money was not in the SD box anymore and Taylor knew the money was gone. I think Taylor was lured to the farm to ride and collect the money. JMO
my memory is poor(lol). Wasn&#8217;t that just a theory?

Wasn't it just $30,000 in cash? The rest was cashiers checks right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That $30,000 amount came from the friend (Ashley), I believe. Fleurde told us she knew Taylor had taken out the $100,000 in June but she did not know any money was being kept in a safe deposit box until Taylor told her the day before she went missing. Fleurde also told us she did not know how much was in the SDB or how much Taylor was going to the bank get that day. IMO, the $30,000 figure is probably a lie Ashley told. It always seemed strange to me that Taylor would have the same amount in cash and checks. I wonder if Ashley accidentally said Taylor had $30,000 in cash one time and then another time talking about it she changed her story to $30,000 in cashiers checks, but realized what she did quickly and explained away her mistake by saying there was $30,000 cash AND $30,000 cashiers checks-- and in 2 backpacks! Or maybe she didn't want to slip up in her story and forget the amounts so made the amounts the same so she could remember-- $30,000 might be a significant figure to her that would help her remember it. JMO.

It's been alluded to that perhaps the money was gone from the SD box, but nothing was confirmed.
That said, I think you are likely correct. Ashley picked her up and gave her some line like 'Hey, I closed that box, I have your money at 'X' location, let's go get it'. I can't imagine that she would risk actually taking her to the bank, with all the cameras, for her to learn there that there was no money.

It's also possible that the money WAS still in the SD box, and they did go get it, and then went to a location where the money was taken from her. But I think your idea is more likely.

But Ashley had to know LE would check the cameras at the bank? Surely? So maybe that's where the "running errands" came into play. An excuse to stop at the bank and be caught on camera before going to the farm.

But Ashley had to know LE would check the cameras at the bank? Surely? So maybe that's where the "running errands" came into play. An excuse to stop at the bank and be caught on camera before going to the farm.

We still don't know if Ashley's story to LE was the same as what she told Fleurde or not. But if she DID maintain that they went to the bank, I'm thinking you are correct that she could have used the "Taylor went with me to run errands" story to push back the time when she should have appeared on camera at the bank. I'm wondering if she actually went to the bank after killing Taylor and hid a gun or some other important piece of evidence in her SDB. Anyone know if LE will normally get warrants to search the SDB in a case like this?

That was just a theory someone had. At this point we don't even know if they went to the bank or not. We don't know that Taylor had any plans to ride a horse that day or knew they were going to the farm-- she left the house wearing shorts! There is more info we don't know than what is known at this point. The timeline is based on the stories told to Fleurde by the suspect. Anything Fleurde was told by the suspect should be thrown out the window or at least heavily scrutinized as a possible lie. JMO.

PNJ updated their story this morning:
A former Escambia County Sheriff's Office employee has been arrested for first-degree murder in the death of the private investigator Taylor Wright.

Escambia County Sheriff's Office deputies found Wright's body in a wooded area on Britt Road in North Pensacola around noon Thursday.
Ashley McArthur has been arrested on a charge of first-degree homicide in the case. Pensacola Police Department spokesman Mike Wood was able to confirm McArthur and Wright knew each other, but deferred further information to ECSO as the case is now in their jurisdiction.
http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime...e-investigator-taylor-wright-found/782741001/

BBM is the new part, I think. With Ashley Mcarthur being a former employee of the sheriff's office, it is no wonder that she was initially believed to be trustworthy and telling the truth. I'm so glad the detectives kept digging and saw the discrepancies in her story. She DID have an arrest for larceny back in August so they must have known something was going on with her money-wise that gave her a motive.

Former Jacksonville police officer killed in Florida

Pensacola, Fla. (WKRG) &#8212; The Escambia County Sheriff&#8217;s Office in Florida says a body found around noon Thursday is believed to be that of missing 33-year-old Taylor Wright, who 9 On Your Side has confirmed is a former Jacksonville police officer.

The body was discovered in a wooded area off of Britt Road, the ECSO tweeted.
http://wnct.com/2017/10/20/former-jacksonville-police-officer-killed-in-florida/

Coverage out of Jacksonville, NC.

Another one:
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - A former Eastern Carolina police officer has been found murdered in Florida.
The Escambia County Sheriff's Office says the body of Taylor Wright was found around noon Thursday in a wooded area.

Wright was a former police officer with the Jacksonville Police Department.
Jacksonville says Wright worked for them from January 2008 through August 2009, and then again from July 2012 to December 2013.
http://www.witn.com/content/news/Fo...urdered-in-Florida-arrest-made-451854383.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381