FL FL - Tiffany Sessions, 20, Gainesville, 9 Feb 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope always exists, where are you Tiffany....?

:rose::rose::rose::rose:

Looking forward to watching the 48 hours segment.

http://www.mygtn.tv/story/25855564/...de-the-alachua-county-sheriffs-cold-case-unit
Patrick Sessions' daughter, Tiffany, disappeared in 1989. He has seen four sheriffs come to ASO. He says for decades, unless information was handed to them, the sheriff's office had no priority on finding his daughter. "As far as, you know, 'We're going to go out and start cold today on Tiffany Sessions', it wasn't happening."
And then Sadie came.
"It was one of my very definite priorities for the agency, to concentrate more on cold cases. It's really simple. We know that we've had a murder, so we know that someone out there in our society is still potentially killing other people. And we need to find out who killed the person and then hold them accountable and prevent other murders."

Video from GTN TV News broadcast of the same article.
http://youtu.be/4TcR-zdH7FM

Orlando Sentinal photo gallery from the events last year.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...fany-sessions-case-pictures-photogallery.html

26 years ago today.

I was reading back through info about this today and I sure hope law enforcement looked at missing or murdered women in Tampa / Pinellas area during the time between Rowles release and Tiffany's disappearance - about 4 years I believe. I lived there at that time & it seems like there was always someone missing.

This case is on 48 Hours tonight. It's called, The Lost Daughter.

I caught the episode online. The "2-09-89" in the address book is difficult to dismiss as coincidental. If Paul Rowles was involved, it just makes it all the more frustrating that this case was never solved and that it happened in the first place. It's also entirely possible that someone did call in a tip about him. When you are dealing with a high number of possible leads, it's easy to lose track of them.

One thing for sure is that Tiffany is most likely not in the same area where she was last seen. It doesn't appear that they they left any part of that land untouched during any of their searches. Plus no additional evidence was ever found. Even though Rowles is now deceased, hopefully they can still solve this case. I think it's likely he was responsible.

[video=youtube;eiiv1LebbqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiiv1LebbqA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiiv1LebbqA[/video]

‘There’s still hope’: Cold cases resurface in sheriff’s office
By Giuseppe Sabella, Alligator Staff Writer | Posted 4 days ago

In 1968, Hilary Sessions had a baby.

It was a child she fought for after family urged her to have an abortion, a child whose handprint she took in plaster when Tiffany was just 4 years old.

In 1989, Hilary Sessions lost her baby.

On an evening walk, the UF student disappeared, the plaster handprint a tangible reminder of a body that was never found.

Three years ago, Sessions drove from Tampa to Alachua County forensics to deliver the handprint. From the plaster, they lifted a single fingerprint.

It was one more piece of evidence for finding Tiffany and solving her mystery, one of 27 cold cases that still linger in Alachua County. Last month, the Florida Sheriff’s Association formed a committee to give greater attention to cold cases throughout Florida, a committee that Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell helps lead.

"I know that my little girl will not be walking through the front door," Sessions said. "But there’s still hope for me to be able to give her a funeral."

more at the link

http://m.alligator.org/news/crime/article_14fd776c-633d-11e5-94c1-27d79c62c1a5.html?mode=jqm

Bumping this for Tiffany...

I recently caught the 48 hours special on Tiffany Sessions and I was reminded of Dail Dinwiddie who disappeared when I was a teen around here where I live (South Carolina). I remember the entire city was following the case daily for a good while. It's so tragic for a family to have to go through such an ordeal. I only hope that Tiffany is found in her mother and fathers lifetime to give them some sort of closure.

In regards to the particulars of Tiffany's case, I have waffled on my feelings about Rowles' entry of the date in his address book that is attributed to the date that Tiffany went missing. The more I read articles and watch news reels about it, I do think it makes sense that he's responsible. All of the pieces fit into place as far as him being in the area, him working in the area at the time, and of course his background in having done such horrific acts prior but there's still just a small, albeit it minute, feeling of doubt about that entry.

The thing that I wonder about, though, is why is it did he not write her name down like he did with the rest of his victims, why only a date? I guess it could because he had only put names of the girls that he was stalking. But, if he didn't stalk and do some homework on Tiffany then that puts Tiffany's case a little outside of how he operated. I guess its possible that Tiffanys walking route afforded him the opportunity to find out her patterns of where she would be and when but I wonder why she didn't end up in the book like the others. It seems like he could have easily followed her home and gotten her address like he did for the others being that Tiffany had a routine route.

Another thing that is puzzling is that he wrote 2/9/89 date on a page in his address book that has the year 2002 at the top of the page. Did he later in life get questioned about Tiffany and learned of that date and knew that she was his second victim and then wrote that down to document it? By not writing her name down did he maybe think he wasn't implicating himself?

Tiffany Sessions case still officially unsolved

[video=youtube;STy_YoOdR1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STy_YoOdR1k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STy_YoOdR1k[/video]

28 years later, Tiffany Sessions cold case remains open

http://www.wcjb.com/local-news/2017/02/28-years-later-tiffany-sessions-cold-case-remains-open

28 years ago today, University of Florida student, Tiffany Sessions disappeared in Gainesville.

Detectives named Paul Rowles, a serial killer, responsible for her death, but Sessions' body hasn't been found.

"Everybody thinks this case has been solved when it hasn't," said Hilary Sessions, Tiffany's mother.

"It would break my heart for me to pass away and I didn't try anything that was in my power to give her a Christian burial," Sessions said.

The answer may be like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

"We know who's responsible for it. There's only one person in the world who knows where she is and he's dead."

This has went sadly quiet, her dads website is inactive. Hopefully she can still be found.

Are LE 100 per cent they have the right suspect?

This has went sadly quiet, her dads website is inactive. Hopefully she can still be found.

Are LE 100 per cent they have the right suspect?
Can LE ever be 100% when no body has been found? It sounds like they're as sure as they can be. The date would have to be one heck of a coincidence otherwise.

Were remains found in all of Rowles' other victims? I am wondering there was something about Tiffany that he was unhappy about, how it started off that threw off his plans, it did not turn out to his "satisfaction", or he messed up according to his own "procedure"....

Can LE ever be 100% when no body has been found? It sounds like they're as sure as they can be. The date would have to be one heck of a coincidence otherwise.
I'll reply to myself just to clarify: Yes, they can be 100% sure without a body, but they need compelling evidence. A date written down in a notebook would not be enough for a conviction, but they're pretty sure.
Rowles buried anothet murder victim in a shallow grave. He probably did the same thing to Tiffany but got lucky in that Tiffany's body hasn't been found.
It's disturbing to think that Knowles was convicted of first-degree murder yet let out after nine(?) years. If he had gotten life, Tiffany and Elizabeth Foster would never have been murdered by him.

30 years missing...

TSessions.jpg
TSessions1.jpg
TSessions4.jpg
TSessions5.jpg

TSessions6.jpg

Tiffany Louise Sessions
Missing since February 9, 1989 from Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: October 29, 1968
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 125 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: She has a crescent shaped scar on her left knuckle.
    • Dentals: Available. Bottom front tooth chipped.
    • Clothing: Red sweatpants; a long-sleeved sweatshirt with gray horizontal stripes and the word "Aspen" stitched in green letters on the front; and blue or white Reebok sneakers. She also wore a two-tone silver and gold ladies' Rolex watch, which had a blue tinted face and serial number R-6009006. She was also carrying a black Sony Walkman radio.
    • Other: DNA available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Sessions was a finance-student at the University of Florida when she disappeared on February 9, 1989. She lived in the 2630 block of southwest 35th Place in Casablanca East Condominiums.
She told her roommate that she planned to take a walk at approximately 18:00. Nothing was missing from her apartment to indicate she left on her own. Foul play is suspected.
Sessions left her wallet, keys and identification inside her home.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Sessions' case, please contact:

Alachua County Sheriff's Office
Cold Case Unit
Detective Robert Dean
352-367-4161
Email
OR
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Alachua County Sheriff's Office Cold Case Unit
Investigator Larry Ruby
800-226-6481

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: G01569-89

NCIC Number: M-475053251
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

30 years later, Tiffany Sessions remains missing
February 09, 2019
"In February 1989, the University of Florida junior went for her routine hourlong jog in Gainesville. She was never seen again.

"She was the life of the party, a lot of fun, very outgoing, very social," Sessions' brother, Jason Sessions, said. "It wouldn't surprise me if somebody stopped at the side of the road if she was walking by, for her to approach the vehicle and speak with them."
Five years ago, Alachua County detectives named Paul Rowles the prime suspect responsible for the disappearance of the 20-year-old college student.

"Rowles died in prison six years ago while doing time for kidnapping and sexual battery."
The site where investigators recently searched is where the body of another victim was found in 1992.

Rowles' first victim was a woman from Miami whom he was convicted of killing in 1972, but he was released from prison nine years later.

"If you look at his previous victims, his first victim in the '70s was kind of a spitting image of my sister," Jason Sessions said."
"If you have any information about this case, you're asked to contact Alachua County sheriff's Detective Kevin Allen at (352) 384-3323."

Rowles was in Gainesville working as a pizza delivery man and for a construction company at the same time Sessions and another woman, whose body was discovered, lived there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back