FL FL - Tiffany Sessions, 20, Gainesville, 9 Feb 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Wow. After all this time...

Recently, "48 Hours" learned there is a new development in the case. On Thursday, Allen and his colleagues will announce that they believe Paul Rowles, a known serial killer, is a lead suspect in the disappearance of Tiffany Sessions.

Just read about this update and came right here - knew you all would be on top of this already! :)

CNN link:

Police: Now-dead convict likely linked to Florida woman's '89 disappearance
By Eliott C. McLaughlin and Jason Hanna, CNN
updated 12:08 PM EST, Thu February 6, 2014

Snipped:

On Thursday, Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell announced that authorities believe the "long journey" may be nearing its end, as it's "highly, highly probable" that Paul Eugene Rowles, a convicted sexual predator who died in prison last year, is the prime suspect in the quarter-century-old case.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/06/justice/florida-missing-woman/

I remember this case. Her family lives here in jax. I feel so sorry for her family. I sure hope they can find her remains.

I hope they can find Tiffany. This pig should never have been out of prison. How many people do you have to murder before you're locked up forever? What a travesty.

In all the agony and exhaustion and ennui of 25 years of searching for his lost daughter, Tiffany, Patrick Sessions still remembers the exact chilling moment that foretold what he was really up against. Just a few months after Tiffany vanished while taking a walk near her Gainesville apartment, her real-estate developer father had convened a meeting of half a dozen or so frustrated investigators — cops, private detectives, forensic psychologists — who had fruitlessly been chasing the few, fleeting clues in the case.

“We were still wrestling with the question of was there any logic to this,” Pat Sessions recalls. “Had it been done by somebody she turned down for a date? Was it somebody I had fired or somebody who didn’t like me and was seeking revenge? Or was it some drifter who came in off the highway and then left again?

“One of the guys there was from the FBI behavorial analysis unit in Quantico, Virginia. He listened to us for a while, and finally he interrupted. ‘We know of at least 50 serial killers out there,’ he said. ‘We have no idea where they are or what they’re doing or why they’re doing it. And any one of them could have taken Tiffany.’ And I just sat there, frozen, not knowing what to think or say.”

The Sessions investigators didn’t know it, but they were already groping their way along the trail of a serial killer. Its faint outlines wouldn’t become apparent for more than two decades and its end still hasn’t been reached.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/26/4082922/on-the-trail-of-a-serial-killer.html#storylink=cpy

Lots of info in this article. Her poor family.

Interesting article , shocking to think there was a chance for Tiffany to be rescued :-/

still not convinced 100% this was paul rowles who killed her

From "48 Hours: The Lost Daughter"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-search-for-tiffany-sessions/

"In your trying to solve the case, I would imagine you went up and down and up and down this road," Smith commented to Jim Eckert.

"A lot. An awful lot," he replied.

Former Detective Jim Eckert still remembers every step of the walking route he thinks Tiffany Sessions took the night she disappeared.

"This was all thick woods," he pointed out.

"So it would've been fairly easy to snatch someone?" Smith asked.

"It was. It was what you would call a private place," Eckert said. "This was a huge construction site with a lot a people coming and going."

Eckert always wondered if Tiffany's abductor could have worked at the Hunter's Run apartment complex, located on Tiffany's walking route.

"We talked to certainly as many as we could," he said.

"And nothing," Smith commented.

"Nothing," Eckert affirmed.

http://www.mygtn.tv/story/25855564/solving-the-unsolved-a-look-inside-the-alachua-county-sheriffs-cold-case-unit

Patrick Sessions' daughter, Tiffany, disappeared in 1989. He has seen four sheriffs come to ASO. He says for decades, unless information was handed to them, the sheriff's office had no priority on finding his daughter. "As far as, you know, 'We're going to go out and start cold today on Tiffany Sessions', it wasn't happening."

And then Sadie came.

"It was one of my very definite priorities for the agency, to concentrate more on cold cases. It's really simple. We know that we've had a murder, so we know that someone out there in our society is still potentially killing other people. And we need to find out who killed the person and then hold them accountable and prevent other murders."

does anyone know when i forget his name now Larry something i think he was also called the house hermet didn't he live in gainsville and i know he lived in the woods was he still out on the street or the woods when she went missing he is a convicted seriel killer of many i wonder if he has been looked at....

lol ok scratch that idea it was danny rolling i was thinking of and 5 minutes after i wrote that message the 48 hours video clears him lol..

I sure hope the LE are right about Rowles. It's been too long for poor Tiffany and her family, and they deserve answers and Tiffany deserves a proper burial. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back