FL FL - Tiffany Sessions, 20, Gainesville, 9 Feb 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nothing of interest found yet.
"In 1994, he was sentenced to 19 years in prison for kidnapping and sexually assaulting a Clearwater teenager.

When Rowles kidnapped the teenager, he drove her to his home in Jacksonville. Along the way he stopped in Gainesville and passed a wooded area, where he told the victim, “this is the kind of place people dump things they don’t want to be found again,” according to sheriff’s documents.

Allen, a cold case detective, said Rowles had been interviewed about Elizabeth Foster and Tiffany Sessions before he died but was extremely hostile."
New search in Tiffany Sessions case yields no clues

I seem to recall a story that someone driving by saw what was presumably Tiffany shouting for help , but the person that it was nothing and kept driving?

I seem to recall a story that someone driving by saw what was presumably Tiffany shouting for help , but the person that it was nothing and kept driving?
I do recall that. But LE knew about that at the time and investigated the area. But who knows, there may be more specific info.

FEB 29, 2020
New search in old missing woman case yields no new clues – Keys News
The search of a tract of land has yielded no new clues in the case of a University of Florida student who disappeared while on a walk in 1989, sheriff’s officials said.

Investigators searched a pine stand on a tract of commercial timberland after getting a tip corroborating earlier information that a man and woman were seen along the road at the time Tiffany Sessions disappeared. The descriptions matched Sessions and now-dead convicted rapist Paul Rowles, Alachua Sheriff Sadie Darnell said Thursday during a news conference.

[...]

Sessions’ mother, Hilary Sessions, was at the scene and said she remains hopeful.

“God told me I had to learn patience…,” she told reporters. “I can’t tell you how happy I am that we are still out here 31 years later, and I am not going to give up.”

@Markybug it looks like you were right about the tip.
"Hilary told FOX 13 investigators received a tip from a woman, who was a teenager at the time, describing the night Tiffany vanished. The tipster said she drove off a road and spotted what she believed was "the bad guy" and Tiffany. It was dark outside at the time."
"Hilary said the driver recalled Tiffany flagging her down, but the witness "was scared."

"She was only 16 or 17 years old," Hilary said. "She drove off. It wasn't until the 25-year [mark of] the investigation that she came forward and said, 'I think I saw this.'" "

The perp may have moved Tiffany after being seen. I had just had my first child when this happened and couldn't begin to imagine what Tiffany's parents were going through. This is another case which has haunted me all of these years.
Florida investigators empty-handed after renewed search for Tiffany Sessions' remains; mom still 'hopeful'

@Markybug it looks like you were right about the tip.
"Hilary told FOX 13 investigators received a tip from a woman, who was a teenager at the time, describing the night Tiffany vanished. The tipster said she drove off a road and spotted what she believed was "the bad guy" and Tiffany. It was dark outside at the time."
"Hilary said the driver recalled Tiffany flagging her down, but the witness "was scared."

"She was only 16 or 17 years old," Hilary said. "She drove off. It wasn't until the 25-year [mark of] the investigation that she came forward and said, 'I think I saw this.'" "

The perp may have moved Tiffany after being seen. I had just had my first child when this happened and couldn't begin to imagine what Tiffany's parents were going through. This is another case which has haunted me all of these years.
Florida investigators empty-handed after renewed search for Tiffany Sessions' remains; mom still 'hopeful'

the tipster must feel awful with hindsight

Bumping for Tiffany
I was so hopeful when I saw a new post. I think of Tiffany every time I drive into Gainesville. I hope that she's recovered some day so she can be with her family. I never thought that this case would go on this long. When Elizabeth Foster was found, I was sure they would also find Tiffany. Renewed prayers that she's found.

Hilary Sessions, an instructor for R.A.D Kids, is advocating for missing children and the expansion of self-defense programs.

Her daughter, Tiffany Sessions, disappeared in Gainesville in 1989.

Tiffany was a student at the University of Florida when she went missing and the cold case is still open.

Hilary says she feels called to teach women the importance of defending themselves.

“It’s my job to get it out to other families so other families don’t have to deal with what I’ve been dealing with for over thirty years,” said Sessions.

The R.A.D Kids class was held at Newberry Elementary. Participants were taught by Alachua County Sheriff’s Deputies who offered tactics and techniques.

“Doing the physical training with the children, actually trains their muscles and gets their brain engaged,” said Sessions.

Sessions went out for a jog on February 9, 1989, and never returned.
Video: Cold Case of UF student, Tiffany Sessions, remains unsolved after 33 years

Did anyone ever backtrack the routes/trips truck driver, William Earl Talbott, took for 20 years before he was caught by Genealogy DNA? Was he in Florida when Tiffany went missing?

I’m from Gainesville, just saw this on the news , everyone’s wondering. Hopefully ID soon, whoever it is. But whenever remains are found especially in SW part of town, she’s always brought up . She went missing before I was born but it’s not common for Gainesville, even less so when victim is a student. And her dad has planned and funded many searches around town through the years.

Gainesville Police investigating after skull, human remains found on worksite

I’m from Gainesville, just saw this on the news , everyone’s wondering. Hopefully ID soon, whoever it is. But whenever remains are found especially in SW part of town, she’s always brought up . She went missing before I was born but it’s not common for Gainesville, even less so when victim is a student. And her dad has planned and funded many searches around town through the years.

Likely a male victim apparently?

Hilary Sessions, an instructor for R.A.D Kids, is advocating for missing children and the expansion of self-defense programs.

Her daughter, Tiffany Sessions, disappeared in Gainesville in 1989.

Tiffany was a student at the University of Florida when she went missing and the cold case is still open.

Hilary says she feels called to teach women the importance of defending themselves.

“It’s my job to get it out to other families so other families don’t have to deal with what I’ve been dealing with for over thirty years,” said Sessions.

The R.A.D Kids class was held at Newberry Elementary. Participants were taught by Alachua County Sheriff’s Deputies who offered tactics and techniques.

“Doing the physical training with the children, actually trains their muscles and gets their brain engaged,” said Sessions.

Sessions went out for a jog on February 9, 1989, and never returned.
Video: Cold Case of UF student, Tiffany Sessions, remains unsolved after 33 years
Good for her!! Tiffany’s father has done so much good as well. I can’t imagine the emotional impact this has had on them both for decades.

She was a beautiful blonde woman with pretty eyes and a beautiful face...perhaps she attracted the attention of that pair of mental patients...perhaps they acted together feeling proud of their miserable acts...a good woman went to heaven to help aya...
I hope with all my heart that one day it will be known what happened to her and where her remains are...
rest in peace tiffany

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper