FL - Tracey Nix, two of her grandchildren died in her care in separate incidents (7mo in hot car Nov '22 & 16mo drowned Dec '21)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One thing I don't understand with the little boys drowning is why the grandmother was blamed over the grandfather. She says she was asleep when he left and he says she was awake, she says the little boy hadn't seemed to use door handles and he says he did. And he says the door was shut and secure and she says it was ajar. So she is ultimately saying that she dozed off but the grandfather had not secured the door , where he is saying he secured the door but she opened it for some reason and then went back to sleep.???

I'd like to know more about why the Grandfather isn't as responsible either.
Do they have video footage showing he secured the door and the grandmother purposely unlocked it?

One thing I don't understand with the little boys drowning is why the grandmother was blamed over the grandfather. She says she was asleep when he left and he says she was awake, she says the little boy hadn't seemed to use door handles and he says he did. And he says the door was shut and secure and she says it was ajar. So she is ultimately saying that she dozed off but the grandfather had not secured the door , where he is saying he secured the door but she opened it for some reason and then went back to sleep.???
It’s a question I’ve had about all of the “he said, she said” reports in this case. Ezra’s parents would be able confirm that Grandpa was telling the truth: yes, Ezra opened doors and Grandma saw him do that for weeks, yes, he loved water and baths, etc. Other family members could verify the truth. Moo

I wonder....

Did Grandma fear she would be called upon to raise the grands one day?
Did Grandma despise her daughter's husband?
Did Grandma do (or say) anything else out of the ordinary either of the days the kids died?
Was the children's mother prone to leaving the kids far longer than she (as the babysitter) expected?

I'm just wondering where her head was, and how she might've felt or thought about the kids.

Of course, if she's in the early stages of dementia, that's a whole 'nother thing....

or did her husband resent having grandchildren over? Why is he not being investigated in his part of this? Just curious.

No doubt psychotropic meds -- believe me, I know of whence I speak. I am not disparaging her for having mental health issues. We've all had them (most of us), at times -- whether or not we were treated with medication. I've taken them. Some medications prescribed for mental health conditions can make you forgetful -- even simply antidepressant medication.

Makes me also wonder if her lunch with the girls consisted of alcohol. That, in conjunction with any psychotropic meds, could explain a lot. Falling asleep while the little fellow tottered off to the pond -- anti-anxiety medication? Who knows. But this is not normal behavior (IMO).

That would explain a lot of her strange behavior!

I know you can’t really tell a lot from a picture but that mugshot caused me pause.

I’m not sure she realizes the seriousness of what was going on.

If that had been me, I’d be a complete mess and they would have had to hold me up for the photo.

She looks blank. Unconcerned. It doesn’t appear she is upset or had cried even.

Whoa!

MOO

Almost looks pleased with herself. I hope they test her for mental decline etc...if not there's something very wrong here.

Almost looks pleased with herself. I hope they test her for mental decline etc...if not there's something very wrong here.

IDK’s response.
Photos below are from this link not able to post alongside photos)

Attachments

• 6125C534-71EE-4048-A035-2D0075B3E7D5.jpeg
    6125C534-71EE-4048-A035-2D0075B3E7D5.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 16
  • A544A636-CFA2-4B81-98F2-150ECF78897F.jpeg
    A544A636-CFA2-4B81-98F2-150ECF78897F.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
If you look at the photos above, probably 1-2 years apart, is anyone else seeing a marked change in her appearance? Now that could be from grieving over the first grandchild death, but does she seem pale and as if she lost weight? Might just be how the pictures were taken though.

That would explain a lot of her strange behavior!
I think there is so much more to this story than we are being given, there must be a reason Grandma was so readily blamed for the drowning, I would have thought it should have been both of them because yes she dozed , but the child still got out to the pond somehow so someone isn't telling the whole truth.
But with the car incident Grandma is obviously to blame as she had baby in the car but again where was grandpa, all the time baby sat in the car.
As others have suggested is she on strong meds or does she drink ??
Poor mum and dad I cannot imagine after the first time they would have imagined a hot car death.
On another note I can understand the parents wrath and it is completely normal. But what a difference to the parents in the Khloe cruise ship window case I will never understand the parents in that case, especially as the ' grandfather ' wasn't even a blood relative.

I wonder if this is something ( being Baker Acted) that was requested by her defense attorney or if she exhibited bizarre behavior after being arrested?

“The Baker Act allows for involuntary examination (what some call emergency or involuntary commitment), which can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, physicians, or mental health professionals and close friends and relatives. There must be evidence that the person:

possibly has a mental illness.
is in danger of becoming a harm to self or harm to others, or is self-neglectful.
Both of these are defined in the Baker Act.”

It definitely seems that something is very wrong. I looked at her FB page and looks like she had been a very loving and devoted grandparent to previous grandchildren….

But nothing about the grandchildren that died. :( Not one photo...if a child accidentally drowns on your watch and not even one photo, nothing? But gushing about other grandchildren? I know Fb is only part of what is going on in a person's life...but something is off.

Last edited:
I think there is so much more to this story than we are being given, there must be a reason Grandma was so readily blamed for the drowning, I would have thought it should have been both of them because yes she dozed , but the child still got out to the pond somehow so someone isn't telling the whole truth.
But with the car incident Grandma is obviously to blame as she had baby in the car but again where was grandpa, all the time baby sat in the car.
As others have suggested is she on strong meds or does she drink ??
Poor mum and dad I cannot imagine after the first time they would have imagined a hot car death.
On another note I can understand the parents wrath and it is completely normal. But what a difference to the parents in the Khloe cruise ship window case I will never understand the parents in that case, especially as the ' grandfather ' wasn't even a blood relative.

I hope there isn't some weird bias that women are the only ones that should be responsible for babysitting and childcare, but to not really mention him as if he isn't capable of being a responsible adult as well, especially with the recent death of the daughter. No one heard a young infant crying nonstop.

I hope there isn't some weird bias that women are the only ones that should be responsible for babysitting and childcare, but to not really mention him as if he isn't capable of being a responsible adult as well, especially with the recent death of the daughter. No one heard a young infant crying nonstop.
Based on the articles and public interviews of the family, the grandfather was neither present at the time the first child drowned nor was made aware that the grandmother was watching the second child when the grandmother left the second child in the vehicle in the driveway. Based on those assertions, the grandfather is not at all at fault and should not be implicated.

Rather than a case based on generalized bias, this is a case of a specific grandmother being designated the sole individual responsible for two children’s care, and the children subsequently dying while under her care.

Last edited:
IDK’s response.
Photos below are from this link not able to post alongside photos)

She doesn't look the least bit worried or feel guilt. I wish we knew more about her past. This is odd behavior and strange expression on her face.

Snipped by me. IMO, I totally agree with the above—the article I posted earlier noted that ever since the guidelines changed and babies are now placed in the rear seat facing backwards, instead of in the front passenger seat, the incidence of hot car deaths increased dramatically.

There ought to be buzzers in car seats to alert the driver when a child is left in a car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back