Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can help clear things up..
1)Hataway lived with his father. I believe the father is deaf or very hearing impaired.
2)Also, below is a map i made showing where Hatway's house is in relation to where the car is found. I know the area and he could easily dump the car and walk down the railroad tracks unseen and basically be right at his house without anyone seeing him.
If his concern was that he would be seen walking around ocoee at 2:30am, he is right to have that concern b/c the police are always around and would have picked him up had he been walking any great distance.
3) Ping info. 8:30am call ping was from tower around Hatways house and tracy's car. Phone still has not been recovered.
4) Although police have not released the physical evidence if any found in the car (i did see an article where they claim to have some but that could be as simple as fingerprints), they have released the fact that the car was unlocked, her phone, keys, etc were not in the car. There was no information released as to the direction the car was facing, however the people who own the house where the car was left did hear the car drive up (they have given police a timeline that was not released). It's possible that the car was parked straight into the dirt driveway, but you'd think tiretracks would say which direction the car came from. I do not believe there was any mechanical problems or lack of gas in the car.

Thanks. And I made some logic errors too...that'll teach me to tackle thinking in the wee hours of the morning :bang:

Radius increases to something like 22-23 miles... that's not much help...only to rule out locations of wild speculation really.

Ping info & POI info the following morning would be huge insight.

Also - car being left so close to POI's house w/o anything for tracking K9's to pick up @ his place or the car if I'm reading correctly is something to work with too.

To be objective...placing the car so close to his house when he was known to have been seen as the last person with her could also be a frame.

• No signs of struggle re: the car?
  • Keys with the car?
  • Purse found?
  • Key tag w/ w keyless entry fob?
  • Car headed in which direction when found (pointed towards his/her house...which shoulder on if not pulled off onto a side road)?
  • Gas situation / mechanical condition of the car...would it start when found?

Since POI had to get home and no other witness claims to have knowledge of how he got there it seems safe to assume he got there w/ her car...either before or after an incident...seems simple I know...:doh: Since he would've had to have gotten back by 2:30AM to be seen and have an alibia (sorta) he would've needed to park close enough to walk. Need to subtract out the walking time from the radius calc (using 4mph for the distance).

He says they went to his place to smoke'em and then he showed up @ his father's place?

I know I'm glossing over some things that have already been provided...I'm just not caught up yet.

I can help clear things up..
*snipped*

Thanks much.

Any chance you are using a Google map that you can make mark & make available for sharing? Adding the key points of interest markers along the way would allow us all to work from the same base of information.

For example. If we go down the walked-back-to-house via railroad tracks we can use Google Map to determine that distance and use an ave walking speed...say 4mph...to keep chipping away at timeline possibilities.

Dunno how tight the father's story is gonna be as a bookend for all of this...esp. if he is impaired in some way. IOW...easy enough for POI to slip back out after being seen for his alibi in order to conduct whatever business he needed/wanted to IYKWIM. Can you point me to the extent of what the father said? (e.g. saw? heard? in what context? coming in?, etc.)

No tracking or cadaver K9 results around the house. No K9 results around the car. Yet, the phone pinged in the area (really, really need the CID(s) of the 4:30 & 8:30 transmissions). Just thinking out loud...but to go further with these results would be to suggest if something nefarious took place...it could've happened before he got back to the immediate area of his father's home. IOW...if not bright enough to realize the location of the car was going to point to him...he may still be bright enough to realize a discovery better d@mn sure not be nearby IYKWIM. Simplicity would mean the car would've been used to get to a location that would work for his needs before arriving in the area of his father's home. Unfortunately, that doesn't bode well for a search area around the car where found. If the 8:30AM ping was near the car/house, it would suggest the purse may contain the phone and they were tossed together after abandoning the car. IOW...if something happened he didn't deal w/ personal effects until he was dealing with the car. If he staged the car to look like it was heading back to her place and she had to stop for some reason (can't tell how well it was staged based on what little info released) then it seems he would've considered what to do w/ the purse (& phone) along the same lines. CID on those pings would narrow things down considerably.

If we flip it a bit...and the two of them toked it up a bit in the parking lot of the Tap Room before they left. Well, then, it would've been easier for him to overpower her and take things from that point. That would put him in the driver's seat (literally and figuratively) from the Tap Room location. That would line up better w/ description from the paragraph above, IMHO.

I'm getting the bits of suggestion of a connection to Kesse. IF there is...then perhaps a little more emboldened this time after not being caught. Perhaps a little less cautious.

We know LE w assistance from TES has searched and cleared over 700 acres including illegal dumping grounds, doing foot searches of many wooded areas, but I've yet to hear any reports re search of waterways. Bjb or amytlake, can either of you narrow the bodies of water to which JH would have had access w/in alloted time span/radius? Of course Starke Lake jumps out, is this such a large body that it isn't considered until all (land) options have been exhausted? TIA you're both doing such a great job of mapping and visuals, constructing timeline etc, I'm really grateful we have people w your familiarity and expertise.

:parrot:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-tracy-ocasio-061809,0,2909098.story
Ocoee police seized a computer from the home of James Hataway, the only person of interest in the case of missing Tracy Ocasio.

Police served a search warrant at 147 Lyle Street today at 2 p.m. after detectives discovered Hataway is obsessed with "murder, suicide, cannibalism, vampires and serial murders," according to a press release.

Detectives urge anyone with information to contact CrimeLine at 407-423-8477.

Company donates Ocasio website. Now searching for Chris George. (Article, video, website links below.)

"Texas based search group Equusearch has been assisting in the search for Ocasio all week and now they are helping to search for Chris George, a friend of Hataway's who disappeared from Apopka in February."
*snipped*

OT...

Hope you don't mind, Kiki. I carried your post over to the Kesse thread speculating on the potential that Onda "Chris" George may have had some knowledge of James Hataway's alleged involvment in the Kesse case, and was spooked by the release of the security video ~Jan-Feb '09, IIRC. Hence, the potential cause & effect timing of his disappearance.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL-Jennifer Kesse, 24yo Orlando 1/24/2006 Missing Part # 9

We know LE w assistance from TES has searched and cleared over 700 acres including illegal dumping grounds, doing foot searches of many wooded areas, but I've yet to hear any reports re search of waterways. Bjb or amytlake, can either of you narrow the bodies of water to which JH would have had access w/in alloted time span/radius? Of course Starke Lake jumps out, is this such a large body that it isn't considered until all (land) options have been exhausted? TIA you're both doing such a great job of mapping and visuals, constructing timeline etc, I'm really grateful we have people w your familiarity and expertise.

IIRC, 2 murky pools from abandoned homes nearby were searched and I thought I heard last night on the news that they were going to be draining a pond today. I didn't see the news story, it was coming on towards the end of the news hour. It was FOX35 news at 10 PM. I will try to find the story because I believe I heard them say something about a friend of Hataway's being linked to Jennifer Kesse. Not sure if I heard what they said correctly since I was 1/2 asleep. I will link if I find it.

FWIW...created a Google Map anyone should be able to edit @:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...38386,-81.522675&spn=0.154423,0.2108&t=h&z=12

Marked w/ Tap Room, JVM's house and car location based on what Amy provided already in the screenshots.
Marked one potential route.
Marked the rough radius of driving distance that could've been covered from the Tap Room based on timing we've been given, FWIW

Thanks Bond!!! It haunts me to see that we're dealing with another Colonial Drive in this case.

I knew the bio-Mom of Hataway was hearing impaired but I didn't know his father was...

http://www.wftv.com/news/19648776/detail.html

Updated: 7:16 am EDT June 4, 2009

...Donna Hataway is James' mother. She told Eyewitness News Wednesday that she's lost touch with her son over the years. Donna says she spent a lot of time with him in juvenile court, but hoped that he would turn his life around.

Donna said James was soft spoken. Donna, who is hearing impaired, says she heard about her son James' most recent trouble on the news...

amytlake, thanks so much again. I read the article about the search at his house. It seems to me that if she had actually been in the house that something would have been found - some hairs, some fibers, etc. Unless LE is keeping the details close to the vest.
It occurred to me that he may not have gone back to the house with Tracy at all, but whatever occurred happened somewhere nearby. Then Hataway parked her car, disposed of the phone and keys, and returned to his house. Somehow I think he is calculating enough not to take her to his house, but to somwhere secluded where no one could see his coming and going. JMHO

Hi guys,

I have not read a paper or seen the news since saturday....just drove by his house and all the news crews were there. Apparently, another search warrant was issued and searched today.

I am so tired I can not read. I am soaked, I feel like I pee'd in my boots and I am freezing. Hopefully, the search will turn up something tomorrow.

Good night.

amytlake, thanks so much again. I read the article about the search at his house. It seems to me that if she had actually been in the house that something would have been found - some hairs, some fibers, etc. Unless LE is keeping the details close to the vest.
It occurred to me that he may not have gone back to the house with Tracy at all, but whatever occurred happened somewhere nearby. Then Hataway parked her car, disposed of the phone and keys, and returned to his house. Somehow I think he is calculating enough not to take her to his house, but to somwhere secluded where no one could see his coming and going. JMHO

IIRC, 2 murky pools from abandoned homes nearby were searched and I thought I heard last night on the news that they were going to be draining a pond today. I didn't see the news story, it was coming on towards the end of the news hour. It was FOX35 news at 10 PM. I will try to find the story because I believe I heard them say something about a friend of Hataway's being linked to Jennifer Kesse. Not sure if I heard what they said correctly since I was 1/2 asleep. I will link if I find it.

(bbm) I don't believe he ever took her back to his house either, and I think it may have been earlier--soon after leaving bar and allowing him into her car-- that she was attacked. Her car was then likely used to both dispose of her body as well as his means of returning home. Surely LE's noted the frightening proximity of this to Starke Lake as well. I know about two small ponds that were drained in search for Onda "Chris" George. I'm referring to large bodies of water--and Starke Lake is only 3 min. drive (due E. on Oakland to Lakeshore) from his house. An area and lake w which he's no doubt intimately acquainted, including secluded access which could've been quickly and discreetly visited under cover of night. I know it was mentioned Hataway fished but has it been reported whether they owned boat? I agree 100% BJB that if also responsible for JK, perp was surely only emboldened. Also thanks so much for cross referencing posts.

I also don't think he took her inside his home. But, what bites my butt everytime I see him on TV is the fact that he knows what happened to Tracy. All of the searches, and most importantly the he_ _ that her family and friends have been through could all be avoided if he would just be honest. When I saw the video of him in court in Seminole County this week and he had the nerve to give the finger to the camera made me want to go through my television. I am sorry for the rant...

http://www.wftv.com/news/19793378/detail.html

OCOEE, Fla. -- Frightening new details were revealed Thursday about the suspect in the disappearance of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio. Detectives say James Hataway, who is in jail right now, was involved with the so-called "dark arts," including cannibalism, vampires and serial killers.

If there was a TV show coming on about vampires or serial murders, Ocoee detectives say Hataway would watch it. Websites about cannibalism, suicide, or serial murders, detectives said Hataway's ex-girlfriends told them, he had a heightened interest in.

Yes - There was a search warrant issued on 6/2/2009 (which is how he got arrested for the drug paraph. charges for what they found there). The Police brought both cadavdar dogs and bloodhounds. The dogs did not find her scent anywhere on the property. There is no garage. The police spent the day searching the surrounding area with both dogs. No hits.
(I'll look for the links to articles)

I also don't think he took her inside his home. But, what bites my butt everytime I see him on TV is the fact that he knows what happened to Tracy. All of the searches, and most importantly the he_ _ that her family and friends have been through could all be avoided if he would just be honest. When I saw the video of him in court in Seminole County this week and he had the nerve to give the finger to the camera made me want to go through my television. I am sorry for the rant...

No need to apoligize for the rant - I feel the same. But I did not know he gave the finger to the camera. Truly he is a sociopath. Sometimes I wish it were still the same as the old days - "we have ways to make you talk". I hope the other jailmates are keeping their ears open and at least one will inform LE if anything connected to Tracy is heard.

Thanks Bond!!! It haunts me to see that we're dealing with another Colonial Drive in this case.

Hope it helps, Lil. Amytlake's bein' doin' such a stellar job. And I know it takes some time for her to do all the annotation and load up those images for individual posts. Hats off to Amytlake for all the hard work :clap: :thumb: :clap:

Map is set-up so that ANYONE can edit it. So please feel free to mark it w/ additional info. I've done a hack job of it so far...just thought it'd help to get the ball rolling.

If I can get a little help from Georgia PI I'll add some radii in circles (vs. the 'x' currently). If/when we get some cell pings we'll add 'em too.

I'm thinking to make a copy of this one and try to overlay some of the key locations from the Kesse case (and O. Chris George if we have that info) to see if there is an intersection...or likely intersection that might give us cause to focus on any particular area IYKWIM.

It is actually the same road - state road 50. The Amscot lot is on the east side of Colonial, and this case involves the west side of Colonial. It has been listed as one of the most dangerous highways in the US for number of fatal accidents. Since the Caylee Anthony case, and now this case, perhaps it is gaining another dubious distinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18