FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for taking your time to search & also for being part of TES. I also am a proud member. Do you know if the woods by his home were searced? Were any lakes searched? What about any place known to the Hutto's?

:blowkiss:
Hi LeLe I am wondering about lakes too. And especially if one as large as Lake Apopka (125 km2 though relatively shallow mean depth 1.6 m) would be attempted in the absence of specific leads and some further indication (other than process of elimination if ground searches prove futile). The sheer number of lakes w/in radius are of course daunting (Starke Lake, Lake Olympia, Windemere, etc) yet it seems two in particular stand out. Starke for it's range (JVH lives literally minutes from here); and of even greater interest IMO is Lk Apopka--very near which police found JVH after George vanished, claiming only to be "looking for his lost friend." :rolleyes: We don't yet know exactly where on Binion Rd LE was searching but it could be Magnolia Park ie Lk Apopka boat ramp area. Images of TES using sidescan sonar are familiar to me, I just didn't know what the criteria was, or under what circumstances this expensive equipment is employed. Heartfelt prayers always for TM, TES, search volunteers and others who donate their valuable time and resources so generously.

:parrot:

:blowkiss:
Hi LeLe I am wondering about lakes too. And especially if one as large as Lake Apopka (125 km2 though relatively shallow mean depth 1.6 m) would be attempted in the absence of specific leads and some further indication (other than process of elimination if ground searches prove futile). The sheer number of lakes w/in radius are of course daunting (Starke Lake, Lake Olympia, Windemere, etc) yet it seems two in particular stand out. Starke for it's range (JVH lives literally minutes from here); and of even greater interest IMO is Lk Apopka--very near which police found JVH after George vanished, claiming only to be "looking for his lost friend." :rolleyes: We don't yet know exactly where on Binion Rd LE was searching but it could be Magnolia Park ie Lk Apopka boat ramp area. Images of TES using sidescan sonar are familiar to me, I just didn't know what the criteria was, or under what circumstances this expensive equipment is employed. Heartfelt prayers always for TM, TES, search volunteers and others who donate their valuable time and resources so generously.

I just have to have faith LE has good reasons for searching where ever they have & for helping to map out where TES should go. I don't know if they have done any water searches or not. It really is like looking for a needle in a haystack & takes not only a lot of skill, patience, endurance but also just praying God will help lead us in the right direction.
I know this search was so hard on everyone, it was so hot from what I am told. I hope everyone will help by giving of their time and sending what ever they can to help TES continue to search for loved ones.

(bbm) LE of course has now concluded there evidently was no "accident." Rather George's car was brought there and set up or staged to appear George ran off Ocoee-Apopka Rd. and thru fence prior to "wandering off." I did add this to map--where intersects w Keene Rd--as site George was last spotted. And location where Jennifer's car was found. I did not add Jenn's condo yet (since I wasn't certain it pertained directly to movements immediately prior to her disappearance), but will add if helpful in reconstructing those. Personally I think it's the Taproom that's the common hunting grounds for this predator. And Lake Apopka (or some other nearby large body of water) his preferred method of disposal. ITA if even one can ever be recovered, there will assuredly be more from where he/she comes.
:(

I did not move away from Orlando area until June, 2008. I seem to remember that LE searched Lake Apopka for Chris (Onda) George. Is that an accurate memory? I always thought there was something really weird about the story of Onda George's disappearance - I think we are onto something we Hataway and heaven knows the gory details . I hope enough evidence is uncovered soon to keep him behind bars - for good. I remember going past the intersection where Jennifer Kesse's parents would stand with their sign, and my heart just broke to see them standing there in the relentless sun, desperate for any lead, however small, about their daughter. Maybe LE should listen again to the inmate who stated he had info about Jennifer's disappearance.

I did not move away from Orlando area until June, 2008. I seem to remember that LE searched Lake Apopka for Chris (Onda) George. Is that an accurate memory? I always thought there was something really weird about the story of Onda George's disappearance - I think we are onto something we Hataway and heaven knows the gory details . I hope enough evidence is uncovered soon to keep him behind bars - for good. I remember going past the intersection where Jennifer Kesse's parents would stand with their sign, and my heart just broke to see them standing there in the relentless sun, desperate for any lead, however small, about their daughter. Maybe LE should listen again to the inmate who stated he had info about Jennifer's disappearance.

(bbm) I'm not aware of Lake Apopka having been searched at all, nor any water searches to date for Chris George or Tracy. That doesn't mean there haven't been, but I know only of ground (including atv) and aerial (helicopter) searches after George was first reported missing. And the only reference to any lake I have run across is Lake Meadow in following article from Sentinel (dated June 6 by which point Jennifer's parents were beginning to suspect link to Tracy's disappearance).

"Kesse case still open
Investigators disclosed Friday that, based on tips, they had searched Lake Meadow, a wooded area with a lake off Clarke Road, and a nearby stretch of Lauren Beth Avenue.

No sign of Ocasio was found, said Conyers, a department spokesman.

Meanwhile, Apopka police are investigating whether Hataway, who has an extensive arrest history, was involved in the disappearance of his friend Onda Christopher George, 29, who vanished in February. Police saw Hataway and two other men near George's abandoned car on Ocoee-Apopka Road. Searches have come up empty."

I will need to revisit Jennifer's thread, can not recall inmate nor specifically what info they were able to provide LE.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-tracy-ocasio-060509,0,2057126.story

Bond,

Sorry for the delay in your request, I quickly edited the map to include a "11.25 Mile Radius" using your reference points.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...38386,-81.522675&spn=0.154423,0.2108&t=h&z=12

Updated map to reflect 2 Hutto houses. House#1 in Ocoee pool drained & searched. House #2 not searched AFAIK. Both within the radius of possible disposal locations.

Also updated to highlight (blue area near Hutton House#1 in Ocoee) what appears to be min. security access to the Sidney Lake Waste Water Treatment Plant (not sure of its proper name) via the Sarah Lee Lane cul de sac on the west side. "Appears" since I don't know how current the Google Map sat view is now. Surprised to find a decent street-level view of the Sarah Lee cul de sac and it appears the area is fenced. Curious if any of this crew would ever be involved in hauling waste from this facility (i.e. have access through that fence?) :waitasec:

Also updated to highlight (orange area adjacent to Sara Lee Lane cul de sac) what appears to be a public park w/ gated access to the remote west side of WWTP from Spring Lake Circle.

Waste water treatment plants must dispose of the solid wastes that are removed from the water they treat in landfills designated for this type of waste after processing. What better place to dispose of something you don't want found...than in a location most people wanna avoid :waitasec:. I have not reviewed the sat image closely yet to determine their solid waste collection & loading facility...will do that now.

Retention ponds located on same site also a consideration to a lesser degree since people generally avoid the WWTP's.

As an aside, I dunno if JVH is still in the dredging & debris disposal business, but, would expect him to know about the solid waste going outta the WWTP, FWIW.

ETA:

Just praying dna has been collected in even one case w which JVH is connected, w/out which even CODIS results from his comparison sample will be of limited value (if no bodies recovered). So frustrating, hopefully some of JVH's dna in storage from at least one of his crime victims, somewhere...
:prayer:

Updated map to reflect 2 Hutto houses. House#1 in Ocoee pool drained & searched. House #2 not searched AFAIK. Both within the radius of possible disposal locations.

Also updated to highlight (blue area near Hutton House#1 in Ocoee) what appears to be min. security access to the Sidney Lake Waste Water Treatment Plant (not sure of its proper name) via the Sarah Lee Lane cul de sac on the west side. "Appears" since I don't know how current the Google Map sat view is now. Surprised to find a decent street-level view of the Sarah Lee cul de sac and it appears the area is fenced. Curious if any of this crew would ever be involved in hauling waste from this facility (i.e. have access through that fence?) :waitasec:

Also updated to highlight (orange area adjacent to Sara Lee Lane cul de sac) what appears to be a public park w/ gated access to the remote west side of WWTP from Spring Lake Circle.

Waste water treatment plants must dispose of the solid wastes that are removed from the water they treat in landfills designated for this type of waste after processing. What better place to dispose of something you don't want found...than in a location most people wanna avoid :waitasec:. I have not reviewed the sat image closely yet to determine their solid waste collection & loading facility...will do that now.

Retention ponds located on same site also a consideration to a lesser degree since people generally avoid the WWTP's.

As an aside, I dunno if JVH is still in the dredging & debris disposal business, but, would expect him to know about the solid waste going outta the WWTP, FWIW.

ETA:

Thank you bjb... btw wasn't sure if there might be a way to perhaps distinguish cases by color coding landmarks for each of the cases (ie yellow for Tracy, red for George eg) That's the only reason I'd not chosen traditional car or house symbols etc but will plot now using these if you think it's clearer. :crazy:

If all the water weren't enough JVH's resume re dumping and disposal methods must be presenting LE w an exceptional, and rather rank, challenge.

:(

kiki the parrot thanks for your info. I appreciate the clarification. I wonder if the "info" from that jail inmate had anything to do with Hataway or any of his cronies. I saw JK's parents on JVM about a month ago. They spoke briefly about an inmate saying he had info on Jennifer's appearance, but LE did not take the inmate seriously. Nothing more specific was said. Do you remember this, and has anything more specific been said?

http://http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19825365/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A badly decomposed body was discovered Monday in Orange County, sheriff's deputies said.

According to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, a 911 caller reported at about 11:30 a.m. that a body was located at 2525 W. Kennedy Blvd.

Deputies said because the body was badly decomposed, they were unable to determine whether the body was that of a male or female or if foul play had been involved.

Thank you bjb... btw wasn't sure if there was a way to perhaps distinguish cases by color coding landmarks for each of the cases (ie yellow for Tracy, red for George etc) That's the only reason I'd not chosen traditional car or house symbols etc but will plot now using these if you think it's clearer. :crazy:

I see what you mean 'bout using different colors to correspond to the different cases...allowing that when layered they might be less confusing :thumb:

Easy to change any/all of it...so have @ it and we can tweak as-needed.

http://http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19825365/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A badly decomposed body was discovered Monday in Orange County, sheriff's deputies said.

According to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, a 911 caller reported at about 11:30 a.m. that a body was located at 2525 W. Kennedy Blvd.

Deputies said because the body was badly decomposed, they were unable to determine whether the body was that of a male or female or if foul play had been involved.

Added 2525 W. Kennedy Blvd. location to the map for the time being. Just for reference. Easy to remove later as appropriate.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19825612/detail.html

there was a badly decomposed body found (so badly decomposed not known if male or female)...fwiw

Thank you for the link. It doesn't seem like a location where any of the three missing people we have been discussing would be found. This location is in Eatonville, right around Maitland. But, who knows. It will be interesting when this person is ID'd.

Bond,

Sorry for the delay in your request, I quickly edited the map to include a "11.25 Mile Radius" using your reference points.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...38386,-81.522675&spn=0.154423,0.2108&t=h&z=12

Thank you for the link. It doesn't seem like a location where any of the three missing people we have been discussing would be found. This location is in Eatonville, right around Maitland. But, who knows. It will be interesting when this person is ID'd.

FWIW...IF (big, huge IF) JVH is involved, anything within the circle shown on the map linked above would be fair game based on the time available to drive to/from the Tap Room and to the final location of Ocasio's car @ a driving speed of 30mph (based on Google Map speed of route 'tween Tap Room & JVH's house).

Not saying this find IS involved...only pointing out that the location on W. Kennedy is within the radius, FWIW.

I hope I am never a suspect in a crime. I turn the phone off and watch True Blood every Sunday. I watch the First 48, Forensic Files, The Investigators, Serial any chance I get. I read the Vampire Chronicles with great delight. If LE searched my computer they would see TONS of websites regarding missing people, unsolved murders, serial killers (just reading about EAR, Zodiac and Bundy) this past week in regards to some threads here.

I get what they are saying but I don't think an interest in the macabre really says a lot about a person's character. I understand there are degrees of interests but the way this article to me seemed pretty sensationalized.

What kids were telling you this??? OMG! Did you urge them to go to LE and report what they know????? Holy cow! Were these kids searching?

Bless you for your time and effort on the search!

The Ocasio's have a website.... A lot of the locals are going to continue the search. I am not familiar with the area, but they are going to set up a command center on a trail...... and take their ATV's and continue foot searches.

These kids were telling us what a this guy was......
He would tell girls he abused he would cut their main arteries and throw them in the lakes...what the gator did not eat the snapping turtles would finish you up. He terrorized these girls..... But according to the interview I saw of the neighbor...he was such a nice guy and kept to himself.

We drove and searched around his house, where the accident was with his friend who is missing, and the area where her car was found and the last ping. This was an organized search so much was going on I do not know any details.... I just searched on foot for days and on the ATV's with some of her friends. LE was wonderful and even though it will take longer to find her, she will be found and God knows who else or what else will be found during the continued searches.

If any of you are able to donate to TES it would be greatly appreciated. TES is not just for Florida...TES does so much good all over. This is a wonderful organization and runs completely on donations it is a 501 c3 charity. I am so glad I am apart of this organiztion and all of the members and volunteers feel the same. Tim works exhaustedly 24/7 and he has the biggest heart in the World.

Anyone else notice how heavy with markers the Northwest quadrant of the map is? That lake is HUGE - ....:eek:

I heard early in this case on the local news that Hataway had been seen on video purchasing beer in a convenience store on the night Tracy went missing. Never heard another peep about it.

Anyone else remember hearing this? What time was it? Did it really happen? Where? What store? Did the yellow car show in the video? Anyone visible in the car? arghhhhhhh:waitasec:

I never heard that - i'll search around and see if i can find the article! I'm still curious if the police and say one way or another if any toll booths on the 429 caught her car on cam.
I heard early in this case on the local news that Hataway had been seen on video purchasing beer in a convenience store on the night Tracy went missing. Never heard another peep about it.

Anyone else remember hearing this? What time was it? Did it really happen? Where? What store? Did the yellow car show in the video? Anyone visible in the car? arghhhhhhh:waitasec:

What kids were telling you this??? OMG! Did you urge them to go to LE and report what they know????? Holy cow! Were these kids searching?

Bless you for your time and effort on the search!

Yes, the girls told LE this as well as TM and all LE that was working with us. A young girl, friend of Tracy's was with us, she was at the bar that night and is consumed with guilt because she saw Tracy last leaving with this . They met him the week before..... He was such a nice person!!!!!!!!!

And that is when all the people who have known him all this time began talking after Tracy went missing. They did not see this side of him...... They grew up together and thought all of this was showing off..... the girls he threatened happened over a period of time....fear kept them from talking about it and they avoided him at all cost.

THe neighbor in a TV report.....he was such a nice boy.....
It is said he would put firecrackers in cat's butt's and set them off...in their mouth's with duct tape and set them off.... I can not believe he was under the radar for years. He is one sick SOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18