FL - Trenton Giachetti, 5 mos, drowned in bathtub, Ormond Beach, 6 April 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I could be wrong, but I don't think a single mother gets through it all without a fantasy or two about how nice it would be to NOT be raising kids. Maybe I'm wrong, but certainly all my close mommy friends have had these feelings.

That's different, of course, from wanting to kill your kids, IMHO.

SSM- I see what youre saying, but we dont kill our children or are negligent enough to get hooked on drugs when we are tired. We are responsible and you would be surprised the amount of work it is to be both mother/father/chauffer/etc........Yes, I have thought about "how fun it was when I was single", but even when I go away from he weekend and leave my kids with gp's, I miss them so much I dont have fun- I love my kids and cant imagine life without them.

It sounds like maybe this chick hasnt been a pill head all her life, but what she did is horrible. I also ticked at how the gp's are discounting what the older boy had to say bout mom. Yes, Im sure he was angry, but those are raw emotions that he needs to be validated for feeling that way. What a shame all the way around!!!!!

I didn't realize they had a special section for this story.

There's a picture of little Trenton being held by his so called "mother", but this is my favorite one of him:

baby.jpg

:rose: RIP little Trenton

It seems like this woman had help caring for Trenton - in fact it sounds like she repeatedly pawned him off on anyone and everyone. I don't feel any sympathy for her at all and hope her punishment fits the crime - and that means probation alone won't be nearly enough. And, IMO she should be prevented from every having another baby.

link to "Special Reports" page:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/special/infantdeath/

I'll side with Kevin over Giachetti's parents...

"DAYTONA BEACH -- The parents of the woman charged in the bathtub drowning of her infant said Tuesday the suspect's 13-year-old son spoke badly about his mother to Volusia County sheriff's investigators only because he was angry about his baby brother's death.

Kevin Giachetti told sheriff's detectives in April his mother Christal Giachetti had killed his baby brother Trenton because she was "messed up on pills," an arrest report states.

But at the 30-year-old mother's first appearance hearing Tuesday at the Volusia County Branch Jail, the suspect's mother and stepfather -- Lorretta and Robert Owens -- said 4-month-old Trenton's death was an accident and Christal Giachetti was a good parent who had single-handedly raised Kevin.

"Kevin is a good boy and he's just angry because his brother died," Robert Owens said. "A lot of people are feeding him negative information."

more at link:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/EastVolusia/evlEAST03052009.htm

Shocking :eek:, her parents are defending their daughter, blah, blah, blah, blah....

Shocking :eek:, her parents are defending their daughter, blah, blah, blah, blah....

Hey girl, :blowkiss:
I agree. What a beautiful, healthy-looking boy Trenton appeared to be. Those cheeks are in my heart. :)

How do you go from her ADMITTING she put him in a bath, got a tummy ache, and since she was in the bathroom already, she would rather go use the opposite bathroom and do her business and leave Trenton alone- uh-oh, I mean FORGET about Trenton while she fell back asleep. :furious::furious::furious: What a dumb-a$$ peice of work. Wonder what her reason is for changing bathrooms? I cant imagine. I remember bringing my infant into the bathroom in her car seat while I alone, so she would be supervised at all times- You never LEAVE!!!!

I admit, I gave her the benefit of the doubt in the beginning, but now, all niceties are off. May she suffer a sentence for crime for the rest of her life. :bang:

The real victim left is her 13 year old son Kevin, who has had to raise his baby brother and now lose his mother to he system also. I doubt the step dad is a suitable, let alone a legal placement either. I hope he has the family in NY who seem a little more stable and can get him away from the memories of what has happened- Poor guy!! Age 13 is such an impressionable age. I cant imagine all he has seen if the claim from dad in jail are true about her falling asleep standing. I believe every word. IMHO

I could be wrong, but I don't think a single mother gets through it all without a fantasy or two about how nice it would be to NOT be raising kids. Maybe I'm wrong, but certainly all my close mommy friends have had these feelings.

That's different, of course, from truly wanting to kill your kids, IMHO. I can't count the number of times I've told a girlfriend or a spouse that I was going to sell mine on Ebay - cheap!

When I've been angry about the house being trashed and everybody leaving their stuff all over the place, I've threatened to get my own place where everything can stay "pretty" and visit them in their hovel on the weekends.

They didn't seem to believe me.

I would die if anything ever happened to one of my children, but there are times where I feel like smacking the carp out of them, but I feel guilty enough for yelling at them to pick up their messes.

Christal Giachetti

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 02/26/2010

Offense: Aggravated Manslaughter
Sentence: 14 years DOC and 10 years Probation

Projected Release Date: 04/16/2023

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics