GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to find it. If I recall correctly, it was in the 2010 region of her LJ. I will look for it now, and add the link.

It took me more than an hour to find this, so I can no longer edit my post to add it in.

"Bipolar runs in my family.
My Dad has it.
Bipolar is brought on by stress.
My Dad only took the medicine for a little while.
He focused on Jesus and that brought balance into his life and calmed him down. His bipolar is no longer active."
http://auroradreams23.livejournal.com/135343.html
Down in the comment area.

Can you link to posts that reference bipolar disorder in her family?

I wonder if she had been sleeping well lately. Lack of sleep for several days often coincides with manic episodes and precipitates psychosis. We know she was up late on the night she disappeared, I wonder if she slept much in the days prior...

Down in the comments.

Thank you for posting this. Could you please provide a link to the entry(ies) where she talks about it? What you stated describes exactly the type of belief I was afraid Tricia had: That her faith in God is all-powerful and that it is going to heal whatever comes her way. This is only my personal opinion, but I think that kind of thinking is very dangerous, especially in reference to one's health, and those suffering from serious mental illness can be especially vulnerable to it. For example, it is not uncommon for someone suffering from auditory hallucinations to claim that he/she has a special relationship with God because God speaks to him/her directly. Currently, there is no cure for mental illness; it is something that must be managed with medication and/or therapy on an ongoing basis. It is not something that can be "healed," unfortunately, as of today. Having a strong faith can be tremendously helpful in dealing with a serious illness, but that alone does not cure those suffering, and this type of thinking can be downright lethal.

I am sort this is somewhat off-topic, and again, this is all my opinion only. And, even if Tricia was suffering from mental illness (of which there is no concrete proof), that does not mean that she couldn't have met with foul play, either. Yes, it could have been purely coincidental, but the "gas can thing" is so weird.

You are not off topic. Some questioned why we were talking about her mental health. My position on this is that if she was in fact mentally ill there are risk factors associated with that. Meaning she would be at higher risk to make poor judgement calls and act impulsively. I am guessing there is probably a general consensus for her family that her state of mind attributed to her disappearance. With all due respect to the family. Sometimes I feel guilty making assumptions as the family is suffering but my intentions are in the right place. Would love to see this woman safe and getting treatment.

It took me more than an hour to find this, so I can no longer edit my post to add it in.

My Dad has it.
He focused on Jesus and that brought balance into his life and calmed him down. His bipolar is no longer active."
I'm not surprised that the family is not speaking out about her issues after reading this disturbing post. That line of thinking, delusions around religion curing mental illness is just that - delusional. As a medical professional who has worked in psychiatry for over 25 years, my opinion on this is solid.

My Dad has it.

I'm seeing more than a shade of Taleka Patrick here ... :(.

Have been embedded in following this case since the beginning. Have read her LJ from beginning to end. Have been following here & everywhere I can find more info.

The burning question for me remains the same: Where is SW?

I am from a large military family & I know he would be able to get emergency leave for this situation. Even if they weren't amicable at the time, this is a man who has loved her since high school. She is the mother of his small child. According to her, he is a Christian man.

If he's completely innocent, *why* is he absent & silent? Wonder if he's lawyered up...
If Steven is innocent he may be angry with her. He may be angry that his daughter is without her mother.
He may also be grieving silently. He may prefer privacy due to his position in the military.
He may be angry that he is placed in a situation that could make him look guilty if he is not guilty. It sounds like Tricia had been a challenging partner. Someone posted recently that she did some " evil " things to Steven and lied about him in the past.
** but as someone posted once or twice before, just because she may be ill, this does not rule out that she could be a victim of foul play..
Would love to hear from someone in the family who is able to speak clearly without scripture on this. I really appreciate reading from the poster who knew Tricia from the Haiti trip. I am curious about some of her " off the wall ideas on child rearing. " interesting read. Tricia sounds like someone who had a lot of love to give.

I'm not surprised that the family is not speaking out about her issues after reading this disturbing post. That line of thinking, delusions around religion curing mental illness is just that - delusional. As a medical professional who has worked in psychiatry for over 25 years, my opinion on this is solid.

She has also said she suffered from bulimia, personality disorders, psychological disorders, and drug abuse in the past, and was healed. She also spoke on a number of occasions about fasting for religious devotion or clarity.

I wonder if perhaps she reached a breaking point, and went into the woods to fast and pray.

Her devotion comes across as fanatical and frantic to me at times, as if she replaced the "control" of bulimia with controlling herself through religion. She was raised religious, but only in 2009 became hard core, and it just seemed to ramp up from that point on. I have absolutely nothing against any belief or religion, and I would never want to offend anyone or their beliefs, but her entire life - what she wore, watched, listened to, was friends with - everything was decided based on her belief.

I'm doing a poor job of expressing myself, I think, and I apologize. I just don't think her LJ blog always reflected the thoughts of a healthy person.

If Steven is innocent he may be angry with her. He may be angry that his daughter is without her mother.
He may also be grieving silently. He may prefer privacy due to his position in the military.
He may be angry that he is placed in a situation that could make him look guilty if he is not guilty. It sounds like Tricia had been a challenging partner. Someone posted recently that she did some " evil " things to Steven and lied about him in the past.
** but as someone posted once or twice before, just because she may be ill, this does not rule out that she could be a victim of foul play..
Would love to hear from someone in the family who is able to speak clearly without scripture on this. I really appreciate reading from the poster who knew Tricia from the Haiti trip. I am curious about some of her " off the wall ideas on child rearing. " interesting read. Tricia sounds like someone who had a lot of love to give.

It may also be a financial difficulty for him to leave, or the police and/or family have asked him to stay away. (If LE or family suspected him of doing harm to her, would they want him participating in searching? That seems like possible evidence could be contaminated by him.)

I am pretty surprised he hasn't at least issued a statement of support for her family, with his wishes she be found safe. That just seems off.

I'm finding it difficult to see her taking off on her own considering there has been no activity on her credit/bank cards. I'd like to believe she took off to Haiti, but how she would have/be funding it impedes that hope.

I don't think I've seen this mentioned about her car being parked in her neighbor's spot: it sounds to me like someone who knew her address, but not her regular parking spot, may have driven the car back.

The placement of where she parked her car I read somewhere was not so unusual. I think it is a mobile park but I may be wrong.

Tricia’s journal entry with my notes in [ ]
•
• Apr. 26th, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Your mind is the most ethereally beautiful thing.. [SHE IS ADMIRING SOMEONE, MAYBE A MAN.]
And now is the time to tell you what's been on mine. [THUS FAR, SHE HAS HELD BACK TELLING THIS MAN WHAT IS ON HER MIND, BUT IS GOING TO TELL HIM IN THE NEXT LINES]
I'm broken over your zodiac photography coinciding with God speaking to me about it. [SHE IS UPSET THAT THIS MAN’S PHOTOGRAPHY FROM ZODIACS (A BOAT) OR OF ZODIACS IS HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME GOD WAS SPEAKING TO HER ABOUT IT]
Whatever he sets on my soul is not for yours. [GOD WAS SPEAKING TO HER ABOUT ZODIAC PHOTOGRAPHY, BUT THIS MAN IS BASICALLY OVERSHADOWING THE DIALOGUE SHE IS HAVING WITH GOD ABOUT IT. ALMOST MISAPPROPRIATING IT. IT IS A PERSONAL THING BETWEEN HER AND GOD AND NOT FOR HIM]
I do still believe he separated us intentionally. [IN SOME WAY, SHE HAS BEEN SEPARATED FROM THIS MAN, EITHER PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY]
I believe it was for the good of both of us. [THEY DIDN’T WANT THE SEPARATION, BUT IT WAS FOR THE BEST. RED FLAG]
However ugly and hurtful it was when it went down. [THEIR SEPARATION WASN’T VERY CALM AND AMICABLE.]
Your path is absolutely different and can't be compared to mine in any way. [PERHAPS THEIR PATH IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE SHE IS GOD-INSPIRED/FOCUS, WHEREAS HE IS NOT]
My rules don't need to be a distraction to you. [SHE DOESN’T WANT HER BELIEFS AND RULES/PRACTICES CONCERNING HER RELIGION/SPIRITUATILY TO BE DISTRACTING TO HIM. MAYBE THEY GOT IN THE WAY OF THE RELATIONSHIP]
My opinions block what the Lord is doing in you organically. [SHE BELIEVES THAT WHEN SHE TALKS ABOUT HER OPINIONS ON GOD, THEY MAY GET IN THE WAY OF THIS MAN DISCOVERING AND EXPERIENCING GOD NATURALLY, I.E. ON HIS OWN ACCORD AND WITH HIS OWN NATURAL EXPERIENCES APART FROM HER INFLUENCE]

You've wondered why I've lived this way.. and why I had to suddenly obey.. There was something that I didn't tell you.. and I won't. I can't. I'm afraid. [THE MAN HAS QUESTIONED WHY SHE IS LIVING NOW WITH RELIGION AND IT BEING A FOCUS IN HER LIFE AND HOW SHE FELT THAT HER PRIOR WAY OF LIFE FORCED HER TO TURN TO RELIGION/GOD. THERE WAS A SPECIFIC INSTANCE THAT PROPELLED HER FINALLY TO EMBRACE GOD, RELIGION AND A NEW GOD-FOCUSED WAY OF LIVING. SHE IS NOT TELLING HIM YET WHAT THIS SPECIFIC INSTANCE/EVENT CAUSED HER TO EMBRACE GOD AS A WAY OF LIFE. SHE IS TOO AFRAID TO DO THAT YET.]
As soon as I enter the pool down the steps, the proper way, I'll reveal why I've been so paranoid, if you care to know. [SHE NEEDS THE RIGHT PREPARATION BEFORE SHE TELLS HIM THE REASON]
You warned me about her. I'm glad you did... but I'm still terrified by her words.. she claimed they were his.. and some of them were.. but perhaps not the threat at the end... one.. ... off and my life will be pain and disaster... God help me.. the picture that was shown me. I've been terrified. [MAYBE HER DAUGHTER OR MOTHER SAID SOMETHING THAT SCARED HER, AND HER DAUGHTER/MOTHER CLAIMED SHE WAS REPEATING WHAT SOMEONE ELSE HAD SAID – FATHER? EX HUSBAND? – AND MAYBE SOME OF THE THINGS SAID TO HER WERE SAID BY HER FATHER OR HUSBAND, BUT PROBABLY NOT ALL OF IT, LIKE THE “THREAT” INCLUDED IN WHAT THE PERSON SAID]

I posted this in my journal because I am afraid you didn't want to hear from me. Also, I don't want to be making excuses for how I hurt you. If you come here to read this, than it's on you. [SHE DOESN’T WANT TO REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO THIS MAN, WITH WHOM SHE SEPARATED, TO SAY ALL THIS BECAUSE SHE WAS CONCERNED HE MIGHT NOT WANT HER TO CONTACT HIM. ALSO, SHE IS SCARED THAT SHE WILL BE PERCEIVED AS USING ALL THE ABOVE AS AN EXCUSE FOR HOW SHE HURT THE MAN (SO SHE PROBABLY INITIATED THE SEPARATION]

So many clues in here. A recent separation, probably from a man. A break-up that was “ugly”. But regardless, photographing zodiacs (or photographing FROM them) is something that was on her mind very recently. Shouldn’t people be checking where zodiacs are rental? Not the closest to Hobe Sound but here’s an example of a zodiac rental place:
https://www.facebook.com/coastalrhib/

Not sure a zodiac could be taken to Haiti from Florida. But are there zodiac boat rentals in Haiti? I dunno. This zodiac boat thing is just sooo specific to ignore.

Tricia’s journal entry with my notes in [ ]
•
•Apr. 26th, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Your mind is the most ethereally beautiful thing.. [SHE IS ADMIRING SOMEONE, MAYBE A MAN.]
And now is the time to tell you what's been on mine. [THUS FAR, SHE HAS HELD BACK TELLING THIS MAN WHAT IS ON HER MIND, BUT IS GOING TO TELL HIM IN THE NEXT LINES]
I'm broken over your zodiac photography coinciding with God speaking to me about it. [SHE IS UPSET THAT THIS MAN’S PHOTOGRAPHY FROM ZODIACS (A BOAT) OR OF ZODIACS IS HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME GOD WAS SPEAKING TO HER ABOUT IT]
Whatever he sets on my soul is not for yours. [GOD WAS SPEAKING TO HER ABOUT ZODIAC PHOTOGRAPHY, BUT THIS MAN IS BASICALLY OVERSHADOWING THE DIALOGUE SHE IS HAVING WITH GOD ABOUT IT. ALMOST MISAPPROPRIATING IT. IT IS A PERSONAL THING BETWEEN HER AND GOD AND NOT FOR HIM]
I do still believe he separated us intentionally. [IN SOME WAY, SHE HAS BEEN SEPARATED FROM THIS MAN, EITHER PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY]
I believe it was for the good of both of us. [THEY DIDN’T WANT THE SEPARATION, BUT IT WAS FOR THE BEST. RED FLAG]
However ugly and hurtful it was when it went down. [THEIR SEPARATION WASN’T VERY CALM AND AMICABLE.]
Your path is absolutely different and can't be compared to mine in any way. [PERHAPS THEIR PATH IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE SHE IS GOD-INSPIRED/FOCUS, WHEREAS HE IS NOT]
My rules don't need to be a distraction to you. [SHE DOESN’T WANT HER BELIEFS AND RULES/PRACTICES CONCERNING HER RELIGION/SPIRITUATILY TO BE DISTRACTING TO HIM. MAYBE THEY GOT IN THE WAY OF THE RELATIONSHIP]
My opinions block what the Lord is doing in you organically. [SHE BELIEVES THAT WHEN SHE TALKS ABOUT HER OPINIONS ON GOD, THEY MAY GET IN THE WAY OF THIS MAN DISCOVERING AND EXPERIENCING GOD NATURALLY, I.E. ON HIS OWN ACCORD AND WITH HIS OWN NATURAL EXPERIENCES APART FROM HER INFLUENCE]

You've wondered why I've lived this way.. and why I had to suddenly obey.. There was something that I didn't tell you.. and I won't. I can't. I'm afraid. [THE MAN HAS QUESTIONED WHY SHE IS LIVING NOW WITH RELIGION AND IT BEING A FOCUS IN HER LIFE AND HOW SHE FELT THAT HER PRIOR WAY OF LIFE FORCED HER TO TURN TO RELIGION/GOD. THERE WAS A SPECIFIC INSTANCE THAT PROPELLED HER FINALLY TO EMBRACE GOD, RELIGION AND A NEW GOD-FOCUSED WAY OF LIVING. SHE IS NOT TELLING HIM YET WHAT THIS SPECIFIC INSTANCE/EVENT CAUSED HER TO EMBRACE GOD AS A WAY OF LIFE. SHE IS TOO AFRAID TO DO THAT YET.]
As soon as I enter the pool down the steps, the proper way, I'll reveal why I've been so paranoid, if you care to know. [SHE NEEDS THE RIGHT PREPARATION BEFORE SHE TELLS HIM THE REASON]
You warned me about her. I'm glad you did... but I'm still terrified by her words.. she claimed they were his.. and some of them were.. but perhaps not the threat at the end... one.. ... off and my life will be pain and disaster... God help me.. the picture that was shown me. I've been terrified. [MAYBE HER DAUGHTER OR MOTHER SAID SOMETHING THAT SCARED HER, AND HER DAUGHTER/MOTHER CLAIMED SHE WAS REPEATING WHAT SOMEONE ELSE HAD SAID – FATHER? EX HUSBAND? – AND MAYBE SOME OF THE THINGS SAID TO HER WERE SAID BY HER FATHER OR HUSBAND, BUT PROBABLY NOT ALL OF IT, LIKE THE “THREAT” INCLUDED IN WHAT THE PERSON SAID]

I posted this in my journal because I am afraid you didn't want to hear from me. Also, I don't want to be making excuses for how I hurt you. If you come here to read this, than it's on you. [SHE DOESN’T WANT TO REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO THIS MAN, WITH WHOM SHE SEPARATED, TO SAY ALL THIS BECAUSE SHE WAS CONCERNED HE MIGHT NOT WANT HER TO CONTACT HIM. ALSO, SHE IS SCARED THAT SHE WILL BE PERCEIVED AS USING ALL THE ABOVE AS AN EXCUSE FOR HOW SHE HURT THE MAN (SO SHE PROBABLY INITIATED THE SEPARATION]

So many clues in here. A recent separation, probably from a man. A break-up that was “ugly”. But regardless, photographing zodiacs (or photographing FROM them) is something that was on her mind very recently. Shouldn’t people be checking where zodiacs are rental? Not the closest to Hobe Sound but here’s an example of a zodiac rental place:
https://www.facebook.com/coastalrhib/

Not sure a zodiac could be taken to Haiti from Florida. But are there zodiac boat rentals in Haiti? I dunno. This zodiac boat thing is just sooo specific to ignore.

Interesting! I think you might have nailed the interpretation of her cryptic writing! (& I had no idea that zodiac was a boat. I thought she was talking about THE zodiac... as in ASTROLOGY!)
LOL

Don't really like the stereotypes of bipolar in this thread. I'm bipolar and I don't write incoherent messages about God. She might be delusional, but can we stop with the "I know someone who's bipolar and they act this way and this way"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting! I think you might have nailed the interpretation of her cryptic writing! (& I had no idea that zodiac was a boat. I thought she was talking about THE zodiac... as in ASTROLOGY!)
LOL

Not so sure about the full interpretation, but it seems to me that we can assume: (1) there was a recent tumultuous relationship; (2) it was with a man who had something to do with a specific boat -- a zodiac. I would assume that LE would be interested in trying to find and speak to this man, whom the missing person was quite involved with emotionally and refers to an ugly breakup. Any info on photographing from or of zodiacs (or just renting or owning a zodiac) should lead them closer. If I were there, I'd be asking around rental places that rent out zodiacs and asking if they'd ever seen Tricia.

Don't really like the stereotypes of bipolar in this thread. I'm bipolar and I don't write incoherent messages about God. She might be delusional, but can we stop with the "I know someone who's bipolar and they act this way and this way"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian, I am bi-polar too and I understand your frustration. I just read a little of her writing to my DH not 5 minutes ago.
I then asked him if I ever did anything like that and he paused and said not really.

When I had a bad case of manic psychosis summer of 2011, I was loud, mean and wanted to kill my DH. He was so scared he called 911.
All I really wanted to do was sleep and I can remember taking a handful of Lyrica which made things much worse. I never got to sleep till a week later.

The ER treated me like crap and kept me in a holding cell for 3 days without giving me my pain medication that I so desperately need so I was in the throws of withdrawal and they didn't care. I was not under arrest.

I wanted to burn that hospital down, especially after I saw my $15,000 bill and we had zero insurance then.

I don't take Lyrica anymore, those meds make me suicidal and I guess homicidal. Hopefully soon I will get the proper meds.

The last page was addressed to a female friend. The female friend is a photographer who has a collection titled zodiac photographs which may be coincidental.
I firmly believe she is speaking to her female friend who she earlier apologized to because this friend said she felt used by Tricia and Tricia felt she needed to stop with the zodiac astrology charting. They seem to have an interesting relationship.
i actually was thinking that maybe she was struggling with her sexuality but because this was against her religion it would be a secret. I know that sounds crazy perhaps , I sometimes go overboard in my creative thoughts :)

Not so sure about the full interpretation, but it seems to me that we can assume: (1) there was a recent tumultuous relationship; (2) it was with a man who had something to do with a specific boat -- a zodiac. I would assume that LE would be interested in trying to find and speak to this man, whom the missing person was quite involved with emotionally and refers to an ugly breakup. Any info on photographing from or of zodiacs (or just renting or owning a zodiac) should lead them closer. If I were there, I'd be asking around rental places that rent out zodiacs and asking if they'd ever seen Tricia.

I really appreciate your interpretation of her post.

About the zodiac- I'd never thought of it as being a zodiac boat. For some reason I thought it was to do with astrology too. I'm not sure how photography goes along with astrology though, so I just sat there confused.

There's an earlier post regarding zodiac as well.. perhaps that holds a clue. It's written Feb. 29, 2016 http://auroradreams23.livejournal.com/362548.html#comments

"
Gave in with grasping

I just gave in for good. I deleted the zodiac charts.. never looking back.. God has called me to place BOTH feet in the spirit..
Even as I deleted them, I found myself grasping...like Lot's wife.. I could have turned to salt! God, take my hand, don't let me look back! God keep me strong...

I wrote a beautiful Southern Gospel song. It's called, "Both Feet In the Spirit."

rushed got to gto"

There's three comments below this post that are all marked "Screened" (no info on what they say or who they're from)
Then Tricia leaves her own comment below the screened ones saying

So he does not take one thing without giving us something better.

I am sorry that you felt used over and over. I do not take you as an example of the negative that God uses. I feel bad that you see it that way. You know, that I was too dependent on you before.. and that's why we are where we are today. Please forgive and pardon my failing. That's all I can ask. About the zodiac, It's just that he told ME no more. I know other Christians who look at it. It's a stumbling block for me. Walk your amazing path with the Lord's hand in yours.. do what he says when he says it. .... I know what you are saying tho. I'm confronted with it every day, the Christians at the Bible college who feel that they have more light than me.. I'm not saying I have more light than you. I'm saying our walks are different.

So I came away from this post and reply with the feeling that she was talking about Zodiac Charts as in astrology, she knows other Christians who "look at it".

Not sure how this helps at all.. it's all JMO, IMO and all that MOO stuff :)

I hope she's found soon.

Edit - just saw Bruins post above ^^ thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads