GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Comments following this article disagree that the village failed.)

Action News Jax

58m ·

"When the child commits a crime, the village has failed. I do have questions about what neighbors observed, what his parents observed and what the school observed."

ACTIONNEWSJAX.COM
Tristyn Bailey case: Juvenile law expert questions murder suspect Aiden Fucci’s past

BULL. I take this personally because I work with children and we have a kid who is for sure a future killer. All the signs are there. But there’s nothing we can do. You’ll see me on Investigation Discovery one day talking about how we all saw it coming. But you can’t get a child committed or locked up because they have no empathy, go into rages, has trauma, doesn’t care about consent etc. You can’t make a kid to benefit from therapy and not manipulate every situation. There’s only so much a village can do.

BULL. I take this personally because I work with children and we have a kid who is for sure a future killer. All the signs are there. But there’s nothing we can do. You’ll see me on Investigation Discovery one day talking about how we all saw it coming. But you can’t get a child committed or locked up because they have no empathy, go into rages, has trauma, doesn’t care about consent etc. You can’t make a kid to benefit from therapy and not manipulate every situation. There’s only so much a village can do.
Has anyone looked at the child you are speaking of's home life?

IMO the emphasis on these kids, or at least Trystyn, being from a wealthy community is misplaced. Perhaps in a wealthy community there is less random street crime, but this is a crime of a personal nature. That can happen in any community.
I've lived all my life in a very nice middle-class neighborhood in NYC. I've known people in two murder cases. One in my community was a roommate who stabbed his other roommate in some drunken rage. I've lived on this particular block for over 50 years and it's the only murder that has occurred here.
The other murder was in a very wealthy enclave a few miles away. It is one of only two gated communities in NYC. An adult woman killed her mother and grandmother with a policeman's nightstick. I knew them--they used to be in-laws. I knew them since the mother was a teenager. Wealth did not protect them.
I agree with those who say that actually some wealthier kids develop an arrogance and aren't used to not getting what they want. I don't know if AF was even wealthy, though. I know he attended the same school as TB, but he may not have lived in the same community. Personally I wouldn't like to think that his father, with an extensive criminal record, would even be able to live such a high-class life.
The car selfie and the comment about anyone having seen Trystyn is just the worst, and shows the complete lack of remorse. I hope he's tried as an adult and gets a life sentence.

(Comments following this article disagree that the village failed.)

Action News Jax

58m ·

"When the child commits a crime, the village has failed. I do have questions about what neighbors observed, what his parents observed and what the school observed."

ACTIONNEWSJAX.COM
Tristyn Bailey case: Juvenile law expert questions murder suspect Aiden Fucci’s past

Has anyone looked at the child you are speaking of's home life?

Yeah. Their Forever Family does try and does love him. It’s the healthiest environment theyve ever been in. In their life before, there was trauma...now the trauma gets brought up as an excuse for their unfavourable behaviour. I think the family is overwhelmed and ill equipped.

Which is a real shame. They did a wonderful thing.

But When puberty hits...yikes.

My heart goes out to Tristyn's family, and I am so sorry for their loss. I hope there will be justice.

I have so many questions (only some are answerable) - like was the suspect in therapy or on medications; did he have any diagnoses, what does his mother do for a living (& what schedule does she work, was she around during the day?), what are her feelings about this tragedy and her son, is she cooperating fully?

My heart goes out to Tristyn's family, and I am so sorry for their loss. I hope there will be justice.

I have so many questions (only some are answerable) - like was the suspect in therapy or on medications; did he have any diagnoses, what does his mother do for a living (& what schedule does she work, was she around during the day?), what are her feelings about this tragedy and her son, is she cooperating fully?
Why are you only asking about his mother? Does his father have no responsibility?

It appears that except for public criminal records (Aiden’s father) the media is respecting the parent’s privacy on both sides. The police have requested respecting the parent’s privacy.

Families usually speak out when there is a lengthly search for a missing person. It’s probably best for them not to say anything once a body has been found and a legal prosecution is pending.

Once the parents step out of the private sector and onto the public stage they are then “fair game” for the media.

Tristyn’s parents will probably speak when they are ready. It will likely be difficult for them to say much while preserving the integrity of the prosecution’s case. IMO.

Of course, it is only logical for the public to want to know more about all parents in such an extreme case involving minors. Most of the speculation, analysis and commentary will come out after the trial, especially if Aiden is tried as an adult.

Last edited:
Why are you only asking about his mother? Does his father have no responsibility?

I only asked about his mother because it was said upthread that he lives with her. I assume his father isn't in the picture; it was alleged upthread that his father has a serious criminal history, so for me, it goes without saying that that explains a lot. But I'm trying to focus on the current situation in front of us. I do hold both parents to equal account for their roles as parents; I just didn't think his father is around. (Huge mea culpa for me if he is!)

@ChatteringBirds - my thinking aligns with yours, based on what I’ve read here. I am haunted by how I imagine this girl spent her last moments: She thought she was taking a late night walk with a boy. She was already thinking about writing about it in her diary. :(

ETA clarity: this is my imagined scenario. (I do not claim to read Tristyn’s mind.)

@ChatteringBirds - my thinking aligns with yours, based on what I’ve read here. I am haunted by how I imagine this girl spent her last moments: She thought she was taking a late night walk with a boy. She was already thinking about writing about it in her diary. :(

ETA clarity: this is my imagined scenario. (I do not claim to read Tristyn’s mind.)

Yes, it makes me so sad for her. Teenage girls just think boys will want the same things they do - real friendship, a connection, essentially. (Or so I thought in my youth and even beyond.) She would have had no idea someone she's known for years could not care less about those things and be untrustworthy and dangerous. I don't even want to imagine it when she realized. :( IMO.

Durbin Crossing is a community right down the road from my community. Tristyn hung out in my community all the time and has many friends in my neighborhood. As someone that works with high risk families, all types of people live in all types of areas. The biggest thing in this community is the willingness to help the investigators with the case. We have a lot of communities that don't want to get involved because they are scared.

Anyway, Aiden's dad lives in TN and his mom is remarried.

She would have had no idea someone she's known for years could not care less about those things and be untrustworthy and dangerous.

Tristyn hung out in my community all the time and has many friends in my neighborhood

I'm new to this thread and am not throughly informed. I agree that TB likely thought she was taking a walk with a boy and could've have a crush on him or just was hanging out. But did he have a reputation for being a bad boy or something? She seems to have been a "good girl," certainly didn't expect that she was in danger, but maybe like many "good girls" she, being 13, found him a little thrilling? Or else she completely only knew him as a neighborhood boy? How heartbreaking, either way.

I'm an old grandma now, but never snuck out at night when I was a kid. @Lisa Macky, was it common, do you know, for younger teenagers to hang out in their or your communities in the middle of the night? Safe neighborhood, warm Florida weather, is that just a thing? My guts just churn thinking of what Trystyn endured and what her parents are going through.

Last edited:
Durbin Crossing is a community right down the road from my community. Tristyn hung out in my community all the time and has many friends in my neighborhood. As someone that works with high risk families, all types of people live in all types of areas. The biggest thing in this community is the willingness to help the investigators with the case. We have a lot of communities that don't want to get involved because they are scared.

Anyway, Aiden's dad lives in TN and his mom is remarried.
So Aiden lives with his mom and stepfather? Wonder what the dynamics were in his family? How does someone get to the point of killing someone at only 14 years old? Another thought, was he on something? I hope they will have a toxicology test done on him. I know antidepressants make peope violent and committ suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder