GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the trolls continue to taunt the Tristyn's family and now someone is claiming that he was hacked. I suppose that's possible but what is wrong with some people? I hope there are laws so there are harsh consequences for such behavior. Good grief.

"As the investigation into 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey’s murder continues, social media trolls continue to taunt her family and friends.

Some social media accounts have posted troubling messages, claiming to be involved in her death, even though St. Johns County detectives say her schoolmate 14-year-old Aiden Fucci is the only person suspected in the case.

As News4Jax previously reported, numerous online accounts continue to post disturbing comments about Bailey’s death, with some users claiming to be involved. The pages, which appear to be run by teens, make false claims, taunt Bailey’s family and friends and even feature a picture of what is claimed to be the murder weapon.

News4Jax is not showing the pages due to their graphic and potentially harmful content. The comments garnered thousands of negative responses from Bailey’s friends and the community as a whole.

“I had no clue [about the case],” said Levi Whitehouse, a 15-year-old from Nashville, Tennessee, whose pictures are being used on the pages. Whitehouse said the accounts even used a picture of him standing by his friend’s tombstone.

He said these internet bullies are framing him, claiming he’s involved in the murder.

Whitehouse’s face has been plastered on social media, where the pictures and videos have been viewed millions of times — all, he said, without his permission. Now, his father said, the Whitehouse family is receiving death threats."

Teen claims social media trolls are framing him in Tristyn Bailey case
This is terrible. If Whitehouse is not involved there is an innocent victim dragged into a murder investigation for someone's amusement. Could this be another incidence of "deepfake" framing like the Victory Vipers Cheerleading debacle in Pennsylvania? Am I allowed to speculate that from a recent case? If not, I apologize and will remove my post.

Not true. I almost posted about girls who kill. And more often than not, they do it to their friends.

There’s the Slender Man case, where they are obviously mentally ill, so it’s different but still premeditated and that child will forever be scarred for the violent attack her “friends” subjected her to.

But there’s another case, I don’t remember their names, but it’s two older teenagers that picked up a younger teen in the middle of the night, they killed her and disposed of her body. I don’t remember their names but they were friends too.

Generally speaking, girls ARE mean to each other. I was mean to other girls and other girls were mean to me, it would eventually be fine and we would be friends again but you get my point. It’s a different type of killing, I believe. When a boy that is attracted to girls kills a girl, is a different type of crime when a girl kills another girl because she stole her boyfriend or said mean things behind her back. I’m not saying one is more serious than the other, murder is murder. But women are killed by men every single day for simply being female, and now it happens to little girls too.

I also find it interesting that when a girl is murdered by a male, it’s usually one boy, but when a girl is murdered by a female it’s usually a pair of girls, usually a girl doesn’t kill alone.
Maybe you are remembering Skylar Neese, stabbed by high school friends Sheila Eddy and Rachael Shoaf in WV. There was another case in Florida where social media played a big role: Rachel Wade convicted of stabbing romantic rival Sarah Ludemann over a boy playing both of them.

Maybe you are remembering Skylar Neese, stabbed by high school friends Sheila Eddy and Rachael Shoaf in WV. There was another case in Florida where social media played a big role: Rachel Wade convicted of stabbing romantic rival Sarah Ludemann over a boy playing both of them.
Yes, it was Skylar! I did not know about Sarah’s case, I will check it out!

Virginia tech ….Nicole Lovell was murdered by Natalie Keepers and David Eisenhauer (is the murder you we’re trying to recall.)
They were college students, weren't they?
not just college students but apparently brilliant college students , possessing all the accoutrements for success that I at least lacked as a kid and envied, parents , drama club, track team, car, great school on the fast track to success. Then bam! They murder a little kid. Totally insane and heartless.

What Treatments Do We Have for Children and Adolescents Who Have Killed?
http://jaapl.org/content/jaapl/20/1/47.full.pdf

Placement in juvenile offender institutions is a not infrequent disposition for the child or adolescent who has committed a murderous act, and may be the only "treatment" that is afforded. Typically, a bare minimum of mental health care is available at best, and reasons for this are usually due to insufficient financial resources and an inadequate understanding of this population's psychological needs. Interestingly, the institutional placement approach seems to work in a significant number of cases when lack of recidivism (no committal of further serious crimes) is used as the criterion for successful treatment.

A significant proportion of juvenile murderers in Florida are sent to a specific youthful offender institution that is de- signed for violent offenders. Juvenile murderers make up 10% of the population (50 of 500) of the inmates in this facility who are 14 to 19 years old. The only psychologically oriented treatments available in this institution are a substance abuse program and one weekly group therapy meeting. This group can accommodate just 1% to 2% of this population at any given time.
The lack of individual and specialized treatment for the psychopathology of youthful offenders in this and similar institutional settings is a serious concern in light of evolving knowledge about the high prevalence of psychiatric illness and other vulnerabilities in this population. Furthermore, there is undoubtedly a subgroup of juvenile murderers who
would benefit from a "corrective emotional experience'' that could theoretically be provided in at least some juvenile institutions. This subgroup is composed primarily of youths with some degree of psychological problems (e.g., adjustment disorders, depression), disturbed family functioning, and concomitant stressful life events.
Additionally, they have murdered during interpersonal conflict and not during the commission of a crime.
The value of placement in a therapeutically designed institution that affords: (1) consistent exposure to genuinely interested adults who would be empathic, supportive, prosocial role models; (2) sensitivity to the individual's psychological and mental health treatment needs; (3) educational or vocational programs tailored with the youth's ability, and; (4) a structured, limit-setting environment should not be underestimated.
Such a placement would likely be of significant therapeutic benefit to this subgroup, in addition to having a positive impact on their long-term prognosis.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if AF has cuts on his fingers or hands as that is typical in stabbings with a knife. Could anyone see his fingers well enough in the photo of him from the police car?
Wow, excellent question. Many do slice their hands from the object being wet and the force used. Their hand slides down the object unless there is a stop. I suppose the stop could bruise the hand with force.

I think what you are thinking of is defence cuts to fingers and hands to the victim. I am not sure that the stabber cuts himself.
That's another aspect. I'm hoping she had none because that would mean it was quick and she didn't see it coming. I know we all wish it didn't happen at all, but since it did I'm hoping she suffered minimally. :(

Wow, excellent question. Many do slice their hands from the object being wet and the force used. Their hand slides down the object unless there is a stop. I suppose the stop could bruise the hand with force.
I thought about this the other day and looked but couldn’t see any wounds on his hands or wrists in the hearing video where he puts his hands behind his head, but I don’t have great eyes and didn’t slow it down so can’t say definitively. Others may want to check that video. JMO.

No visible injury and no mention of injuries in arrest report was part of the reason I suspected he was wearing the light colored sweatshirt during the crime (a bit of protection, perhaps helped with grip?) and must have washed it. But of course there could be injuries and LE just hasn’t released that info. JMO.

This kid was not a “skilled” professional killer. The victim suffered head trauma which is possibly indicative of a struggle. A knife used in a struggle is part of a fight. It is violent. It is not clean. Even a high level marshal arts expert has to expect to be cut in a knife fight. It’s not like in the movies. Everyone usually gets cut. Sheriff Hardwick said that the victim was stabbed a “horrific” number of times. Chances are that the killer’s hands were cut or suffered some kind of trauma, maybe.

Last edited:
I'm new to this thread and am not throughly informed. I agree that TB likely thought she was taking a walk with a boy and could've have a crush on him or just was hanging out. But did he have a reputation for being a bad boy or something? She seems to have been a "good girl," certainly didn't expect that she was in danger, but maybe like many "good girls" she, being 13, found him a little thrilling? Or else she completely only knew him as a neighborhood boy? How heartbreaking, either way.

I'm an old grandma now, but never snuck out at night when I was a kid. @Lisa Macky, was it common, do you know, for younger teenagers to hang out in their or your communities in the middle of the night? Safe neighborhood, warm Florida weather, is that just a thing? My guts just churn thinking of what Trystyn endured and what her parents are going through.

I snuck out of the home a few times to hang out with friends in the neighborhood. I also know kids who do it now as well.

The area in the neighborhood that the crime occurred is seeing a lot of increase traffic and vandalism. Some people in the neighborhood are worried about safety.

I wonder if AF has cuts on his fingers or hands as that is typical in stabbings with a knife. Could anyone see his fingers well enough in the photo of him from the police car?
Maybe someone can bump the zoom court hearing again, he touches his face and pulls his hair back in the video. I saw no cuts, but I wasn't really looking for them at the time.

Maybe someone can bump the zoom court hearing again, he touches his face and pulls his hair back in the video. I saw no cuts, but I wasn't really looking for them at the time.
I watched carefully and I did not see obvious cuts or bruises on his hands, face, neck. I did notice what could be a red injury on his left middle finger, mid knuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member