FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Since Butler, the Secret Service has reassigned members of Mr. Biden’s advance team to Mr. Trump and Ms. Harris, provided special glass to surround Mr. Trump during campaign events and received additional resources from the Pentagon.
Its parent agency, the Department of Homeland Security, has also deployed 1,500 investigations agents of its own to bolster the Secret Service’s ranks."

(If you can't access the link, a free account allows access)

Nurse who knew attempted assassination suspect reported his 'volatile' behavior in 2022​

Chelsea Walsh encountered Ryan Routh in Ukraine, and raised concerns about his behavior

Walsh, a 34-year-old travel nurse who said she’s been doing humanitarian work since she was 17, traveled to Ukraine shortly after Russia invaded. She said she met Ryan Routh in Kyiv in May while she was delivering food to the eastern part of the country.

WPTV reviewed time-stamped text messages provided by Walsh confirming that she was communicating with Routh in 2022 about the war effort in Ukraine, and that she and other volunteers were concerned about his “volatile” behavior.

Last edited:
This makes me very angry. Common sense would suggest that the more people learn the SS isn't careful to provide protection, the more likely someone decides they have a chance to kill Trump. And yes, I believe there could be copycat attempts because of this. MOO

That's because Trump decided to go there at the last minute. SS didn't have time to sweep the entire course.

That's because Trump decided to go there at the last minute. SS didn't have time to sweep the entire course.

Yes, too many unknowns.

When was it decided to play a round of golf?
Was it agreed by all that a hole-by-hole sweep was sufficient?
If they had swept the whole course earlier, what is to stop a gunman setting up after the sweep of an entire golf course? Perhaps a hole-by-hole sweep is better. Immediately prior to the players entering that hole.

A gunman was first seen by Secret Service agents, who were sweeping the course. Agents usually go one hole ahead to perform security checks, according to police.

Nurse who knew attempted assassination suspect reported his 'volatile' behavior in 2022​

Chelsea Walsh encountered Ryan Routh in Ukraine, and raised concerns about his behavior

Walsh, a 34-year-old travel nurse who said she’s been doing humanitarian work since she was 17, traveled to Ukraine shortly after Russia invaded. She said she met Ryan Routh in Kyiv in May while she was delivering food to the eastern part of the country.

WPTV reviewed time-stamped text messages provided by Walsh confirming that she was communicating with Routh in 2022 about the war effort in Ukraine, and that she and other volunteers were concerned about his “volatile” behavior.

Wrong link, but I hunted down the article. It's quite informative!

Another thing that the Secret Service should have done was to post agents/officers at certain points along the perimeter to prevent an armed person from setting up for a kill shot like this assassin did. JMO.

I am really curious about how this guy knew about this "off the record event" which is what acting director Rowe called it. I don't think this was coincidental or luck.

I also would like to know when exactly Trump decided to go golfing and informed SS. Is there a link for the timing? Did SS have minutes to scramble a plan together, or hours?

I also would like to know when exactly Trump decided to go golfing and informed SS. Is there a link for the timing? Did SS have minutes to scramble a plan together, or hours?
I suspect the former, rather than the latter, but MOO.

I agree. That's very important information to have in order to fully understand what happened. JMO.

From what Trump has said the couple of times I've heard him he said he was "golfing with friends". Maybe the friends had the game planned and Trump joining was last minute? Just throwing that out.

If the Secret Service had not been such a failure in providing President Trump with adequate security there would be zero talk about how it's his fault that this assassin got so close to killing him.

All I see is deflection from the real problem. The Secret Service. JMO.
I haven't seen anyone saying that this was his fault in the media. Do you have a link? IMO.

So it's possible that the Secret Service had plenty of time on Sunday morning to do a proper perimeter sweep. Well before President Trump arrived at the golf course in the afternoon.

JMO.
No, not possible for them to do a sweep that morning. As it's been reported in the media and in the pressers, this was an unexpected golf outing that afternoon. This is not the same type of incident as the one a couple of months ago. IMO.

No, not possible for them to do a sweep that morning. As it's been reported in the media and in the pressers, this was an unexpected golf outing that afternoon. This is not the same type of incident as the one a couple of months ago. IMO.
Do you have a link that tells us exactly when the Secret Service was told that President Trump would be golfing Sunday afternoon.

I haven't seen one. So that's why I said it's "possible" they could have done a sweep in the morning. JMO.

Another thing that the Secret Service should have done was to post agents/officers at certain points along the perimeter to prevent an armed person from setting up for a kill shot like this assassin did. JMO.
They did a forward sweep way ahead of DJT. An agent spotted the weapon. Opened fire. Suspect didn't even get a shot off. All of this with next to no notice of DJT's golf plans. And Suspect is not an assassin, thankfully. Would-be assassin, sure, and should be prosecuted as such. IMO.

They did a forward sweep way ahead of DJT. An agent spotted the weapon. Opened fire. Suspect didn't even get a shot off. All of this with next to no notice of DJT's golf plans. And Suspect is not an assassin, thankfully. Would-be assassin, sure, and should be prosecuted as such. IMO.
I don't know about the next to no notice because we don't know how much notice the Secret Service got.

The rest of your post I agree with. JMO.

If they have enough agents available. Some of the recent news stories state that agents are having to be reassigned from other duties to give extra coverage to Trump, including agents from Homeland Security. This sounds like the job of protecting Trump is has begun to use up large numbers of agents and assets. Its not like they can go out and hire new SS, FBI or DHS agents.

The arm of the Secret Service that protects presidents, vice presidents and their families is nearly 10% smaller than it was a decade ago despite warnings from Congress and a government watchdog that it needed to add agents or risk compromising its mission.

This article is from 2021

Perhaps Florida could offer the services of their National Guard to do things like sweeping the golf courses before Trump arrives to play golf.

Last edited:
If they have enough agents available. Some of the recent news stories state that agents are having to be reassigned from other duties to give extra coverage to Trump, including agents from Homeland Security. This sounds like the job of protecting Trump is has begun to use up large numbers of agents and assets. Its not like they can go out and hire new SS, FBI or DHS agents.

The arm of the Secret Service that protects presidents, vice presidents and their families is nearly 10% smaller than it was a decade ago despite warnings from Congress and a government watchdog that it needed to add agents or risk compromising its mission.

This article is from 2021

Perhaps Florida could offer the services of their National Guard to do things like sweeping the golf courses before Trump arrives to play golf.
I addressed this in a post above.

I addressed this in a post above.
The "doing more with less" argument doesn't work, especially when the agency is chronically understaffed for decades.

If you need more people, you have to hire them, not borrow them from here, there and yon. They're highly skilled protection agents, not grocery store security guards. JMO

You either professionally staff a critcal agency or you go the cheap route and end up with problems.

Perhaps Trump should hire his own security people to sweep his own privately owned golf course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suns12035
Back