Identified! FL - Wildwood, WhiteFem UP11284, 25-55, in woods, Apr'13 *Jane Wever*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently she worked at the chik a fila.

it was quite simple/ I search missing woman jane 2013 on google, and searched images. If it was not for the news article and image, I would not have seen her in the list.

what is proving to be much more difficult is trying to find an email address for the mcdonough police dept.

The namus profile never gave any cause of death.

http://www.sumtercountysheriff.org/pics/466745910_truckstopmurder.pdf

Bushnell, Fl (April 26, 2013) – The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
continues to investigate the murder of an unidentified female
whose body was discovered in a wooded area near S.R. 44 and
Interstate 75 in Wildwood. Sheriff’s Detectives have released a
composite of the murder victim prepared at the University of
South Florida where the victim’s remains are being examined.
The victim is described as a white female, 25‐55 years of age,
5’2”‐5’9” tall, 160‐170 pounds, with red or auburn colored hair
with a red scrunchy, and a tattoo of “Jane” on the left shoulder
blade. The victim had no teeth and may have worn dentures.
She was wearing a light colored floral design shirt, size 3XL, Grey
colored “Jersey” sweatpants, size 36‐38, Pink & Grey colored
glasses, and white ladies tennis shoes, size 10W.
The victim was discovered in an advanced state of decomposition
by two men searching the area for a lost wallet. The area is often
frequented by ATV riders and used as a campsiteby transients; it
has also been the site where a transient was murdered several
years ago. Sheriff’s detectives needs the publics assistance in
identifying the victim. If anyone has information related to this
case, please contact the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office, Criminal
Investigations Division at (352) 569‐1680, or call Crimeline where
callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward.

the namus profile couldn't estimate weight

however, the sumter co info suggests 160-170 pounds.

Jane Huff's info does not give a weight but appears to be more than 160-170 pounds in the photo but these things are often hard to tell in a photo.

the sun sentinel article posted above suggests she may have worn dentures, as does the sumter sherrif info.

the mcdonough police department have a picture of the person Huff was believed to be travelling with. The photo is on the 11alive article page. A suspect?

"While authorities have been following up on clues about the woman’s identity, “we really need the public’s help to identify her,” said sheriff’s Lt. Bobby Caruthers.
The woman’s badly decomposed body was discovered in woods near State Road 44 and Interstate 75 on the morning of April 22.
Because the area is known to attract transients, local authorities have already traveled to Las Vegas and to Alabama to interview people who may have stayed near the site where the woman’s body was found.
“It’s just another stone we’ve turned over to eliminate suspects,” Caruthers said."

http://www.sumtercountytimes.com/content/who-she-cops-seek-clues

The Sumter police put the case very fast on namus. She was found on April 22 and the namus profile was created on May 01/13. Jane Huff, however, does not even have a missing person profile on namus. And the Sumter police have travelled all the way to Nevada and Alabama to investigate....

"Anyone with information is urged to contact the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office, Criminal Investigations Division at 569-1680 or call Crimeline (800-423-8477) where callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Authorities were scheduled to have a press conference Wednesday at the site where the body was found in hopes of generating additional leads".

http://www.sumtercountytimes.com/content/who-she-cops-seek-clues

Fin, did you call it in? there is a reward. don't let someone read this and cash in your hard work.

I emailed it to babyslims link at sheriffsoffice@co.henry.ga.us (but that is just a general mailbox)

I also emailed it to khofecker@sumtercountysheriff.org

However, it is Sunday, and I suspect no one will see the email until tomorrow.

Webrocket, If you want to call, you have my blessing, I would be pleased to see the money go to support this website.

I've only called a few in where I felt very strongly about it. my concern was that since there is a reward offered out there, any stranger reading this site could have called in Jane Huff already and if it is her, claim money that could have gone to you.

there have been a few cases with rewards where I have submitted a possible match to LE, then after receiving acknowledgement that they got the tip, then I've posted it here on WS. I've never gotten any reward money on any case but you never know and I'd hate to lose the opportunity on such a case.

It is interesting to note that the FL investigators have been to Alabama to investigate. The person thought to be travelling with Jane Huff (identified in the 11alive news article) has an address listed in Alabama. He also has three different mugshots online.

Any updates today? What a great match!
FWIW, the victim's shirt is described as "3X". I'm pretty sure that people who are 160-170 lbs do not wear size 3X. I think the decedent was heavier, like Jane Huff.

I received an email back from the SO in FL stating that they had passed my information on to the case agent. I have received no reply from the SO in GA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back