Florida Bar Allegedly Prepares Case against Baez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They word it very carefully to make it sound like Hornsby is that man. But he is just a DUI and Criminal atty that is used as a resource for the media. per his website.)

Okay,i s the state attorney's office and the bar the same entity?
in the wftv article they write that "someone complained to the state attorney's office". :confused:

Whatever happened to citing your sources?:confused:
Exactly who at the Fl bar?

Aaaagh! They did cite their source. They just didn't name them. There's nothing wrong with that. It's common journalistic practice and has been for a long, long time.

To me all this means is someone has suggested some impropriety, filed a claim and the powers are looking into it, as they should.
We had another case where a member from a board filed the claim after having discussion. We don't have the first clue.

Hi, JB!

Pretty sure you have it right--a filed complaint means the Bar is required to looking into allegations of attorney misconduct. Does not mean it is well grounded or proved.

Very interesting, however.

There has been a lot of sensationalized reporting in this case and this is a really good example.
The irony is, whomever is perpetuating this or filing a claim is probably laying the ground work for KC's appeal in the event she is convicted. KC and Company have been saying all along that things are being twisted in the media and reporters like this are fortifying that claim.

Part of our job here is to separate the fact from the fiction just have you have done here BeanE. More often than not,we need to take these news accounts and see what is really going on.

JMHO of course.

EVERYONE either keeps forgetting or unaware - Casey will get an automatic appeal no matter what JB does, or what the press does or what her parents do, or what joe schmo does - her constitutional right gets her an automatic appeal that will go to the appeals committee for the State of Florida who will then after reading very detailed briefs from both the defense and prosecution will either grant her appeal and she will get a new trial OR they will deny her appeal in which, her appeals lawyer will go back to the drawing board and try for another appeal

It's basic procedure for these kinds of cases

Ehm...lemme see...according to Baez, it is by someone who merely has an axe to grind. So, we are looking for a lumberjack? :crazy:

It could be the people who filed the complaint and they could be other attorneys. Often those complaints are filed by other members of the bar.

Aaaagh! They did cite their source. They just didn't name them. There's nothing wrong with that. It's common journalistic practice and has been for a long, long time.

I know this.

Doesn't mean I agree with the practice.

It could be the people who filed the complaint and they could be other attorneys. Often those complaints are filed by other members of the bar.

Oh! See, I was going with the one of or both of the Anth family.

Okay, this is just a thought. Could it be the A's?? George said in an FBI interview that he was "suspicious" of JB.

Maybe they feel that KC isn't getting the best representation. Just a thought.:confused:

Ehm...lemme see...according to Baez, it is by someone who merely has an axe to grind. So, we are looking for a lumberjack? :crazy:

Lol! Some people are speculating that it is the u$ual $u$pect$. I am only passing along material here. :)

Okay, this is just a thought. Could it be the A's?? George said in an FBI interview that he was "suspicious" of JB.

Maybe they feel that KC isn't getting the best representation. Just a thought.:confused:

I doubt it's the A's - if they did this, then they will need to either shell out a lot of money to retain another lawyer OR give Casey a court appointed lawyer - if either of these happen, Casey WILL lose her dream team because there will be no money to pay them

It's doubtful that the A's did anything

My guess it's someone within the entertainment company that someone is working with who is maybe getting this stuff from did it - tho I'm not too sure about that either because it would cost the company too much money

Just curious, but, IF JB has done something unethical or at least questionable, AND he has KC's permission to do it, would this still give her grounds to claim ineffective counsel in a bid for appeal?

Yes, I believe so. Casey could claim through her new attorney that whether he had her permission to do something untoward is irrelevant because she is not a member of the Florida Bar and as such has no expectation of legal knowledge or experience. The burden falls on her Attorney to advise her of the law and it's consequences on every decision made in her case.

Many of the more learned minds on the subject here please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. But that is my understanding from past experience with Attorney Malpractice/Ineffective Counsel.

*gigglesnort*

You're funny. Stick around. ;)

I think this is funny,

"Baez confirms he is the subject of an ongoing Bar investigation. He said it was filed by people with an axe to grind and has nothing to do with allegations of unethical financial dealings."It's all a crock," he said.Baez declined an on-camera interview, but added that he has nothing to hide."

Sure doesn't sound like the camera lovin' Baez we all know.
http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18523723/detail.html

What has he done unethical?

Respectfully, only an investigation by appropriate entities can decide that.

But potentially, refusing to answer questions about funding of his services, as an officer of the court, from a technically indigent client, and without his own personal means to "front" costs is a red flag at a minimum, is evidence that a conflict of interest might exist. And should be checked out, it is actually a common practice in high profile, high cost cases..

EVERYONE either keeps forgetting or unaware - Casey will get an automatic appeal no matter what JB does, or what the press does or what her parents do, or what joe schmo does - her constitutional right gets her an automatic appeal that will go to the appeals committee for the State of Florida who will then after reading very detailed briefs from both the defense and prosecution will either grant her appeal and she will get a new trial OR they will deny her appeal in which, her appeals lawyer will go back to the drawing board and try for another appeal

It's basic procedure for these kinds of cases

Excellent point!

However, in my twisted way, I wouldn't mind much if the Bar held Mr. Baez's feet to the fire for a little while.

I know this.

Doesn't mean I agree with the practice.

Then you don't think any story that might embarrass the person doing wrong or any politically sensitive story should ever be reported.

Watergate would never have been made public without this exact practice.

O/T my apologies! Is Nancy off tonight? Its 8:10 and no thread on Nancy yet! Anyone watching that can tell us what is happening? I lost the coin toss to American Idol:confused:

I don't think Nancy is live tonite, do you? Did she have any guests on or anything? All I am seeing is reruns of old police interrogations with no commenting or anything. What a bummer. Nancy must have the day off.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg
Back