Florida Bar Allegedly Prepares Case against Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is odd. On Jane Velez Mitchell they just had a thing on about this and said its all hogwash. The prosecutors etc have said there is no investigation going on with him and his office denies it also. They said this wasn't true.

Now I'm confused. I thought there is a conflict of interest here, with JB shopping this case to the TV execs, is that not what they are alleging with this investigation?

"Baez declined an on-camera interview, but added that he has nothing to hide. "
ok...

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18523723/detail.html

I like Atty Hornsby. I believe he is the one who spoke of "how clean" the trunk of the car was.

"Hornsby said he most surprised about how clean the trunk was, and believes a second suspect will surface.

"If the hypothesis that Caylee was in the trunk is true, whoever helped Miss Anthony was very intelligent, and I would have to think they had some law enforcement background," Hornsby said.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/10/24/forensic_evidence_released_in_caylee_case.html

Bold me - geeze well thats pointing the finger isnt it ! to GA or the Ex b/f

Hi, all.

From what I can glean, looking at other blogs, the issue may be a financial one--possible allegations that Mr. Baez may have signed contingency contracts with media (movies, etc) based on the outcome of the case. Apparently, making money--almost betting as it were--on a case in which one is counsel is an offense to the Fla Bar *advertiser censored*'n.

(o/t I heard say via wesh or wftv that LE released 300 pp of docts to JB this afternoon)
Mrs. Peel,
Pip! Pip! and all of that...good show!

This is odd. On Jane Velez Mitchell they just had a thing on about this and said its all hogwash. The prosecutors etc have said there is no investigation going on with him and his office denies it also. They said this wasn't true.

The story in the link at the top of this thread is about the BAR ASSOCIATION doing an investigation. It doesn't mention anything about prosecutors.

No problem at all with this being posted here but some are apparently taking it as directly relating to the WESH story cited above, which it is not.

The WESH story quotes a bar association source, not the prosecutor's office. This statement, if it is genuine, is in response to the story from yesterday, not this one.

BTW, keep in mind professional associations do investigations all the time. That doesn't mean the allegations have any merit and won't until and if the association announces the outcome of its investigation.
It is odd that they say this information came from "The Florida Bar" but they don't have any name at all.

The article said The Florida Bar and on JVM it was the state attorney's office. I think we're all forgetting about the "huggies" JB was giving KC in jail. Ah ha - remember those - it was stated back then that there would be an investigation. So, I kinda think that is what the Florida Bar is looking at NOW. But the rumblings of the financial mess are also heating up.

I'm not sure that JB would be "incompetent" enough to even think he could violate an ethical canon and get away with it but then again - you never know. Money makes for stange bedfellows and all..........

JMHO

Now I'm confused. I thought there is a conflict of interest here, with JB shopping this case to the TV execs, is that not what they are alleging with this investigation?

Hey LL!

post #17--better written would haves said Fla Bar ethics code violation based on Mr. Baez's *contingency* (case outcome) financial deals with media....Per Blink34 and others at SM this afternoon. An allegation of misconduct so far.

Hi Spud :) I agree. Don't want her to have too many opportunities for appeal, the trial is going to take long enough. On Jane V. tonight they said that there is no investigation going on with Baez. ? ? ? Hopefully we will hear more soon.

Hiya Crafti!

Here's the thing... JB confirms, Randy Means did state that SA is aware, and the original WFTV article from Mary N. cites multiple sources about the investigation, so I'm leaning towards the 'smoke = fire' theory. Not that I am implying there is anything to the investigation/allegation for sure, just that Jane V. seems to be odd-man out in this one.

Just curious, but, IF JB has done something unethical or at least questionable, AND he has KC's permission to do it, would this still give her grounds to claim ineffective counsel in a bid for appeal?

I posted this in another thread but maybe should put it here,
If JB is taken off this case, I am wondering if any and all photos or pictures would mysteriously end up "where inquiring minds what to know." If he knows this case is going down and he knows he is going to LOSE with what evidence the prosecution has, what a wonderful time to bail out and make some money after he gets kicked off the case. Let me know if that is a possiblity. I am not familiar enough with lawyers laws. ty

Whatever happened to citing your sources?:confused:
Exactly who at the Fl bar?

They word it very carefully to make it sound like Hornsby is that man. But he is just a DUI and Criminal atty that is used as a resource for the media. per his website.)

Hey LL!

post #17--better written would haves said Fla Bar ethics code violation based on Mr. Baez's *contingency* (case outcome) financial deals with media....Per Blink34 and others at SM this afternoon. An allegation of misconduct so far.
Thank you.

The Fla Bar investigation is a fact, if what appears in print from media can be said to be factual. :confused:

For the Bar to proceed, there needs to have been a filed complaint.

Probably not SA since it goes against interests and, for them, does not really affect prosecution of the case. SA is worried about mistrial / appeals down the road.

Speculation has it that the complaint may have been filed by ---------Nope, work for it! Who is really, really concerned about Ka-Ching! in this case?

To me all this means is someone has suggested some impropriety, filed a claim and the powers are looking into it, as they should.
We had another case where a member from a board filed the claim after having discussion. We don't have the first clue.

No problem at all with this being posted here but some are apparently taking it as directly relating to the WESH story cited above, which it is not.

The WESH story quotes a bar association source, not the prosecutor's office. This statement, if it is genuine, is in response to the story from yesterday, not this one.

BTW, keep in mind professional associations do investigations all the time. That doesn't mean the allegations have any merit and won't until and if the association announces the outcome of its investigation.

TY. Is there anything that governs if/when outcome would be released? i.e. as a currently high-profile lawyer (at least in relation to this case), would the Bar association automatically release the results, even if found to have no merit?

It is odd that they say this information came from "The Florida Bar" but they don't have any name at all.

JBean, it's not odd, unusual or a bad thing in any way for a reporter to write a source based story that only identifies the source in a general way. I've written hundreds of such stories.

The source simply doesn't want their name attached to the story. There can be any number of very innocent reasons for doing that, ranging from not wanting to have to field calls from umpteen other reporters to not being an official spokesman in an office that doesn't want anyone else's name used in a story to not wanting their boss to get mad at them for talking to reporters, etc.

If the reporter has a source in the bar association, I'm sure the story is true. But like I said, an investigation is only that. I'm sure if there are any allegations out there at all, the bar would rather investigate and make sure everything is okay than to ignore it.

The Fla Bar investigation is a fact, if what appears in print from media can be said to be factual. :confused:

For the Bar to proceed, there needs to have been a filed complaint.

Probably not SA since it goes against interests and, for them, does not really affect prosecution of the case. SA is worried about mistrial / appeals down the road.

Speculation has it that the complaint may have been filed by ---------Nope, work for it! Who is really, really concerned about Ka-Ching! in this case?

Ehm...lemme see...according to Baez, it is by someone who merely has an axe to grind. So, we are looking for a lumberjack? :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back