Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, and most are very messy - dripping with butter, cheese, special sauce, etc. Brioche buns are popular these days, and they are made with butter and milk. Way too much dairy for my digestive system :eek: Even at home, I cut my burger in half and usually save the other half for lunch the next day. Maybe we'll have burgers tonight. We're tired of eating Turkey Divan.
Burgers are very messy these days and if I try to eat one using my hands, I go through a pile of napkins and have to go wash up afterwards! I don't eat burgers often anymore.

I don't know who the diners are that these burgers are made for. Big men with giant jaws? Instagram photo? :) :)

How was the veggie burger? They can be hit or miss, in my experience. I don't like it when they are mushy.
This one was a miss, actually. It was much too soft and fell apart when I tried to eat it.

The fresh veggies actually made a good sandwich without the mushy veggie burger.

I haven't eaten beef in nearly twenty years but all this burger talk is making me hungry!
There are a lot of really good veggie burgers at restaurants, and good recipes to make at home.

I used to miss meatloaf but several years ago I found a great lentil loaf recipe that is wonderful served with mashed potatoes and gravy.

I’m in agreement with y’all on the oversized burgers with fancy buns. I want a regular burger on a regular bun. I prefer my homemade burgers but if I get a fast food burger I’m a fan of Sonic. It might not be a popular choice but I like them.
I also agree, it's always sad when you have to smush the burger down so it fits in the mouth :p

I'm a fan of Wendys junior bacon cheeseburger with fries and a Frosty. My friend took me to Wendys a few days after my wisdom tooth extraction. I can still smell and taste that food!

@neesaki I've tried growing micro greens with not much success. They need a lot of attention and a good set up. I found that it takes more than some soil and a seed packet, which is basically all I did & tried to DIY :confused: A kit will probably be a good investment!! I think the trick is in the shallowness of the tray, the growing medium, the height of the lights and the quality of the water. A fun project tho, let us know how it turns out!

I always look around at my apartment and think it's about the equivalent of a small trailer home or a tiny house. Very long and somewhat narrow except not mobile. Therefore I cannot wheel myself away from the other tenants (who like singing Disney and Backstreet Boys songs... he's not half bad tho).

15 months we’ve been in the camper. It’s a destination camper so 42’ long and has 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with common living area so it’s not horrible. Still will be nice to be able to soak in a hot bath and cook in real kitchen. I’m already using the washer and dryer which means instead of 8 small loads on the weekends I can get all the laundry done in 3 loads in full sized units.

The turkey enchiladas were really good in the air fryer, definitely will be making those again with leftover chicken.

I’ve been trying to do high protein diet lately, getting 100-120 grams of protein per day so I’ve been having a vanilla protein shake with a shot of espresso in it for breakfast. It’s sort of like a latte but I get 30 grams of protein. Helps cut the sweetness of the protein shake too.
I like that idea of the protein shake with espresso. Do you just put ice on the espresso to get it cold before mixing with the protein shake?
I don’t do espresso so to speak, but I can do really strong coffee, lol.
TIA

I like that idea of the protein shake with espresso. Do you just put ice on the espresso to get it cold before mixing with the protein shake?
I don’t do espresso so to speak, but I can do really strong coffee, lol.
TIA
I bought some of the premade Starbucks stuff to try it out while waiting for MIL espresso machine to arrive. It’s refrigerated so it works quite well. Once I’m making my own I’ll probably make a batch on weekend to use through week.

I’m in agreement with y’all on the oversized burgers with fancy buns. I want a regular burger on a regular bun. I prefer my homemade burgers but if I get a fast food burger I’m a fan of Sonic. It might not be a popular choice but I like them.
I think restaurants are making the huge, tall burgers for photo ops. Apparently the pictures on Yelp and Instagram are good advertising.

I often see photos of various restaurant's Bloody Mary on Instagram. The drinks have strips of bacon, long string cheese, celery strips, etc. hanging on the glass. Then cheese cubes, olives, lime slices on toothpicks sticking out of the top.

Beautiful (I guess?) but you would have to disassemble to drink it.

I think restaurants are making the huge, tall burgers for photo ops. Apparently the pictures on Yelp and Instagram are good advertising.

I often see photos of various restaurant's Bloody Mary on Instagram. The drinks have strips of bacon, long string cheese, celery strips, etc. hanging on the glass. Then cheese cubes, olives, lime slices on toothpicks sticking out of the top.

Beautiful (I guess?) but you would have to disassemble to drink it.
And the milkshakes!

I haven't eaten beef in nearly twenty years but all this burger talk is making me hungry!
We don't eat a lot of red meat (maybe 3 or 4 times a month), but every once in a while, I like a medium rare burger with blue cheese. Harkens back to my college days when there was a restaurant in Ann Arbor called The Red Bull. First time I ever had a blue cheese burger, and I've been hooked ever since. Gotta have blue cheese on my burger :D
Red Bull Restaurant | Ann Arbor District Library

Last edited:
That isn’t just a drink, it’s a meal!
I have only had one of the giant Bloody Mary drinks once, during a team meeting at a restaurant in Wisconsin. In addition to all the cheese, onion rings, etc. it was served with limp, barely cooked bacon strips hanging on the side of the glass and dangling down into the drink. I only took one small sip and it grossed me out because it tasted like raw bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor