Forensic Astrology - SUSAN POWELL, missing West Valley,UT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what a chart about Josh's trip in the rent a car would look like? Cadaver dogs are amazing creatures, I wonder if LE had dogs go through both the van and the rental. There is no mention of dogs hitting in the house either. At least preliminary DNA should be back by now.
Astros............what time would we use for the rental trip? I will work up the chart if we can figure a time.

Vaire

I was wondering what a chart about Josh's trip in the rent a car would look like? Cadaver dogs are amazing creatures, I wonder if LE had dogs go through both the van and the rental. There is no mention of dogs hitting in the house either. At least preliminary DNA should be back by now.
Astros............what time would we use for the rental trip? I will work up the chart if we can figure a time.

Vaire

Vaire, we would need the Date/Time/Place that Josh rented the car, likely recorded on the rental invoice. I have not seen that information and don't know if it was divulged.

Thanks,
Soulscape

I know it was from the airport (rental car) and am sure I can find the date but the time... not so sure

I will attempt to take the torch and run with it from here. One thing is for sure, this Mama knows how to point and click. IF it is posted out there anywhere, I will find it and drag it back here for us to dissect.

Vaire

Well, I have come up empty handed. No verifiable info on the rental. We will have to wait for more of the solid facts to come out on this one. Much like the situation with Morgan H. I suppose. Remember all the conflicting info that was flying around out on the internet about that poor girl? (And still is !)
Time to watch, and wait, and weave.............

Vaire

Police gathering evidence in Powell case
Published: Saturday, Jan. 16, 2010 10:27 p.m. MST
<snipped>
"Some of the forensics have been completed some have not, police cannot comment on specifics as it could impact the ongoing investigation," Cox wrote.

Susan's friend and Cox family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford said West Valley police have been providing Cox with regular updates.

"The investigation is complex. We're happy they report back to us and are making progress. We're confident they're dotting all the i's and crossing the t's," she said.

As for Cox's comment regarding the forensic test results, Gifford said it was only meant to be an update that the case was moving along.

"There's a whole series of tests to be run. There are a lot of components to it," she said. "It isn't a specific item."

Gifford said Cox had not seen Josh since the last week of December and also had not seen his grandsons, Josh and Susan's two boys, ages 2 and 4.

Gifford said the family was planning on a new campaign this week to keep Susan's face and story alive in the public eye.

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705359021/Police-gathering-Powell-evidence.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susan Powell's father asks for prayers for those in Haiti and his daughter
Last Update: 1/16 10:42 pm
<snipped>
Chuck Cox, father of Susan Powell, is asking people to keep praying for the victims of Haiti, but to also pray for the continued search and safe return of his daughter.

Some of the forensics results have been completed but any access to the results has been denied for now, said Cox.

ABC 4 contacted West Valley Police to confirm that results are in, and what type of information is known based on the forensic results, but were told Police will not comment because it could impact the ongoing investigation.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...prayers-for-those/GLvB15b5aki8F9EZSpJ0IQ.cspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father of Missing Utah Mom Still Holds out Hope
9:38 PM MST, January 16, 2010
<snipped>
The father of missing Utah mother, Susan Powell, says police have recently received results of some forensic evidence in the case. In a Facebook page posting, Chuck Cox wrote that police wouldn't share any specifics because of the ongoing investigation.

West Valley City police declined to comment but the Cox family spokesperson, Shelby Griffard commented that the family is confident Susan is still alive and the West Valley Police Deparment is doing everything they can to find her. Griffard also tells FOX 13 the family have not seen their grandchildren since Josh returned to Seattle after moving out of the Powell's Salt Lake City Home.

Josh still remains the only person of interest and police have not named a suspect in the case.

Video: Father of Missing Utah Mom Still Holds out Hope 1:40
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=15081854-0f74-481c-823d-4bb7e8ddf647&src=front

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-father-of-missing-utah-mom-holds-out-hope,0,846685.story
A perpetrator-friendly mentality
Last Edit: 17 hours 6 min ago (Jan 16 2010 - 5:20pm)
<snipped>
Does it seems to you, or am I the oddball in thinking that our criminal justice system and some of our collective U.S. citizens have a perpetrator-friendly mentality?

Joshua Powell, the husband of interest in the disappearance of wife Susan in West Valley, got emotional and physical support from some of his neighbors in moving from Utah back to Washington state last weekend.

He is moving back without his wife. What do his former classmates, friends and relatives say to him when he moves back to his home state minus a package he brought to Utah from Washington state? Do you think Mr. Powell's friends and relatives who attended his wedding would reverberate words in their etched memory where both partners agreed to be loyal to each other and always be concerned for the other's personal safety and welfare?

What can we collectively do to think of ways our legislators could help law enforcement officials to do their job, in my opinion, more properly when a spouse goes missing?

In other words, is our criminal justice system so limited that it has no absolute power to deduce that suspicious and circumstantial evidence could lead to prosecution?

In 2002, Michael Blagg hit the airwaves crying crocodile tears that his wife and daughter went missing as well. Later in that year Scott Peterson cried and lied to us that Laci was last seen walking the dog. Drew Peterson, an ex-cop from Decatur, Ill., declared that his wife Staci ran away with another man.

Now let us count the ways how many of those missing cases panned out. Tara Grant's partial torso was found in her home in the garage after several other pieces of her were found in nearby woods. Lori's body was found in a Salt Lake County landfill similar to Jennifer's body being found at a Mesa County, Colo. landfill.

Although Abby Blagg's body was never found, she was never heard from again. Like Abby, Staci was yet to resurface after three years. Laci Peterson's body washed ashore with a dead fetus also being discovered within a day or two of each other.

One thing we do know, you can turn a "truth" into a "lie" but one can never turn a "lie" into a truth.

In other words, those husbands lied to us on national television about the whereabouts of their wives. The truth told a different story from what their original accounts stated.

The West Valley Police Department is doing all it can in the case of Susan Powell. The Constitution limits them on what they can do. All persons are innocent until proven guilty according to the Constitution.

For the record, this is my public opinion, and I have the right to voice my opinion; Susan Powell, in my opinion, is not coming back to us. Spouses and children will continue to go missing until Jesus puts a stop to all this foolishness.

In the interim, we can encourage our lawmakers to develop an anti-perpetrator stance, Legislators against perpetrators!

Article:
http://www.standard.net/topics/opinion/2010/01/16/perpetrator-friendly-mentality

:angel:

Facebook deletes page discussing Susan Powell after complaints
Removed Thursday » Another media blitz to raise awareness may be forthcoming.
Updated: 01/18/2010 08:34:57 PM MST
<snipped>
The social networking Web site notified the page's creator, Leslie Bleak, on Thursday the page was deleted, according to a posting on Bleak's personal Facebook page.

A Facebook spokeswoman on Monday said, due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, she was unable to investigate why the page was removed. Facebook's terms of use warns content can be removed if it violates copyrights, other laws or the "spirit" of its terms.

Bleak's page was titled "Susan Powell" and had about 6,000 members. Many of the postings on the page accused Powell's husband, Joshua Powell, of having a role in the disappearance or implored him to cooperate in the police investigation.

Bleak, who was unavailable for comment Monday, told The Salt Lake Tribune last month she started the page because she did not like the speech restrictions on a page started by Susan Powell's family. Bleak has said she received angry messages from people asking her to remove or edit her page.

Susan Powell's family established a Facebook page shortly after her disappearance titled "Friends and Family of Susan Powell." It had 42,790 members as of Monday afternoon. Its administrators have been vigilant in deleting posts speculating why the 28-year-old wife and mother went missing or who may have been involved in her disappearance.

Shelby Gifford, a friend and spokeswoman for Susan Powell's parents, said Monday the family did not complain to Facebook about Bleak's page.

Since Bleak's page was deleted, another page titled "susan powell part 2" has been created. It had 50 members as of Monday afternoon.

*Much more at link!

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14218073

FYI: We have a DOB for Susan's oldest son Charlie now!!!

Charlie's DOB-1/19/05!!!

Susan Powell's son, then husband, have birthdays
Party pending » Boy's grandparents want to celebrate.
Updated: 01/19/2010 11:58:36 AM MST
<snipped>
His mother is not around to celebrate with him, but Susan Powell's oldest son, Charlie, turned 5 years old on Tuesday.

A Facebook page dedicated to Susan Powell was filled with birthday wishes for Charlie on Tuesday. Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, are trying to arrange a time this weekend for Charlie to come to their home for a birthday party, said Shelby Gifford, a friend of and spokeswoman for the Coxes.

Charlie and his 2-year-old brother, Braden, are in Washington with their father, Joshua Powell. Joshua Powell turns 34 years old on Wednesday.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14222625
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 of 2 Powell Facebook pages deleted
January 19th, 2010 @ 8:26am
<snipped>
A Facebook page related to the disappearance of Susan Powell has been deleted.

Two rival Facebook pages with information about the West Valley City mother's disappearance were available on the social networking site.

The group page titled "Susan Powell" had about 6,000 members. The Salt Lake Tribune reports it has been deleted.

Usually, a page must be reported for it to be deleted. But a spokesperson for Susan's parents in Washington state says the family did not complain about the page.

AUDIO: Andrew Adams reporting
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/310/31000.mp3

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9391743

Susan Powell Search Continues
It's Been Nearly Two Months Since Susan Powell Mysteriously Disappeared, And While There's Still No Sign Of Her, Family And Friends Decorated Her House In Hopes Of Keeping Her Story In The Public Eye
1/27/10
<snipped>
"Obviously we miss her, we love her, we want her to know that," says Jennifer Graves. Signs of hope and love at the Powell home, now decorated with purple ribbons, Susan's favorite color." Josh Powell's sister says, "We're doing this in an effort to keep her name and her face in the media. We want Susan to come home and our best chance is to keep her face and her name out there so that as many people as possible will see her."

One person that was noticeably absent from this house is josh Powell. However his sister and brother in law are in support and say they are disappointed. "I am disappointed with his behavior. His chosen to walk away from the media which is that is our biggest tool right now." Josh Powell's sister has visited him and the kids since he moved to Washington State but says he isn't saying a word about Susan's disappearance, "What his job right now is to talk to police and continue to get her name out there he hasn't been doing his job." says Jennifer Graves. Susan's friend says, "We want the person to know who took her that we won't stop until we find her again until justice is served."

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/susan-powell-search-house-decorations,0,4632884.story
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATED: Friends, Family Honor 'Susan Powell' by Decorating Her Home
2:27 PM MST, January 27, 2010
<snipped>
Nearly two months after the disappearance of West Valley City mother, Susan Powell, friends and family decorated her home Wednesday to keep her story alive and to remind the public they are not going to stop their support or give up hope. Signs in front the home of the 28-year-old mother of two young children said "We Will Bring You Home" and "We Love You Susan." Purple ribbons are also displayed on the home, representing Susan's favorite color.

Susan's husband, Josh Powell, was not present at the home on Wednesday. He moved to Washington State with his two young sons on Jan. 11 after he was fired from his job as a computer programmer for a trucking and warehousing company. Powell's sister and brother-in-law came out to visit him in Washington State and said he is not being cooperative.

"I am disappointed with his behavior. His chosen to walk away from the media which is that is our biggest tool right now," said Josh Powell's sister Jennifer Graves. "His job right now is to talk to police and continue to get her name out there, but he hasn't been doing his job."

West Valley City police at this time are not releasing any more details about the case.

Video: Sister Of Susan Powells Husband Says He Is Uncoperative 1:37
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ec4a68a5-c136-4c37-9687-2d321b84b97b&src=front

Video: Friends, Family Honor 'Susan Powell' by Decorating Her Home
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-susan-powell-home-decorated,0,2819697.tivideo

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-home-decorations-honor,0,2957747.story
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friends, family holding on to hope for Susan Powell
Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2010 1:50 p.m. MST
<snipped>
On Wednesday, Jennifer Graves and her husband, Kirk, were among those hanging signs and ribbons at Susan's house.

Kirk Graves said his family went to Washington last Friday and had dinner with Josh and his sons.

"We had a great time spending time with the boys," he said.

During dinner that night, Graves said the topic of Susan and her disappearance was not discussed. Asked whether he talked about Susan with Josh after dinner, Graves declined to answer.

But when speaking about Josh Powell, both Jennifer and Kirk's tones sound increasingly disappointed. Jennifer Graves said Powell's attitude and demeanor toward her and her husband has completely changed since Susan disappeared. While Powell used to very talkative every time he was around, he now rarely talks to them at all.

Furthermore, they don't believe he has done all he can to help find his missing wife.

"I've been disappointed with his efforts. He hasn't put enough effort in, in my opinion," Jennifer Graves said. "He's chosen to work away from the media, which is our biggest tool right now."

As for the Powells' two young boys, Jennifer Graves said they are for the most part fine.

"They are aware she is lost, that is what they've been told. Other than that, they seem to be OK," she said.

Jennifer Graves (Facing camera), sister of Josh Powell, hugs JoVanna Owings while friends of Susan Powell decorate her West Valley home on Wednesday.
2392574.jpg

Jennifer Graves (Facing camera), sister of Josh Powell, hugs JoVanna Owings while friends of Susan Powell decorate her West Valley home on Wednesday.
2392577.jpg

Nia Hellewell and friends of Susan Powell decorate the Powell's vacant West Valley home on Wednesday.
2392589.jpg

John Hellewell decorates Josh and Susan Powell's vacant West Valley home on Wednesday.
2392596.jpg

Kimia Mulyangote and her children, Jasmine and Jordan, plant purple flowers in the lawn of Susan and Josh Powell's vacant West Valley home on Wednesday.
2392607.jpg

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705361464/Friends-family-holding-on-to-hope-for-Susan-Powell.html
Family, friends of missing mom put up ribbon display at her WVC home
January 27th, 2010 @ 12:01pm
<snipped>
Susan has been missing for nearly two months, with still no sign of her whereabouts.

Family and friends say they fear people are forgetting about her, so they put up the ribbons as a reminder. There are 200 streamers on the front lawn of the Powell home, dozens of bows and hearts taped on the garage door and signs that express love to the mother of two.

Susan's sister-in-law, Jennifer Graves, was also at the house helping with Wednesday's display. She says it's hard being at the home now that Susan's husband Josh, the only named person of interest in the case, and her two boys have moved to Washington state. She says Josh plans to visit Utah soon to fix up the house to help it sell.

"It is difficult to know that she is not here, the kids aren't here. I wish it were different," Graves says.

Graves says she and her husband went to Washington last weekend to visit the Josh and the boys. She says right now the kids are doing as well as can be expected and Josh still hasn't spoken to police about the case.

Police say they have no new details about the case that they want to release.

*Video Included In Article Link!

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9483212
Neighbors decorate Susan Powell's house to keep attention on case
Updated: 01/27/2010 03:35:20 PM MST
<snipped>
The effort, organized by Powell's best friend Kiirsi Hellewell and other neighbors, was designed to bring renewed attention to the case of Powell, who has now been reported missing for 52 days.

"The motivation is to make sure the [public] knows Susan is still missing," said Kirk Graves, Powell's brother-in-law, noting he's hopeful the decorations on the Powell home will prompt anyone with information about her to contact police with potential leads.

"This is as much as we can do," he said.

Graves said he and his wife, Jennifer, Joshua Powell's sister, traveled to Puyallup, Wash., over the weekend to visit with Joshua Powell. He said he can't comment about whether Joshua Powell spoke about the case or the efforts to find his missing wife during their encounter.

Kirk and Jennifer Graves said they had a chance to see their two nephews, ages 5 and 3, and had dinner and played games with the boys, who appear to be doing well. They also visited with Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, who also live in Puyallup.

West Valley City police say the case is moving along but they are not able to comment about specifics, including results of forensic testing conducted on the Powell home.

"The detectives are still doing a lot of follow-up. We still are getting information and contacts. Some credible and some totally not credible. We check them all out," West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Wednesday.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14279845
Friends of Susan Powell Decorate her Home with Love & Hope
Last Update: 9:13 am
<snipped>
The decorating party - that is covering the house with purple hearts and signs includes Susan's brother and sister in law Kirk and Jennifer Graves. Jennifer says a lot of purple is being used to honor her because "Susan's favorite color was purple.&#8221;

Susan&#8217;s friends say, while being at the place where she disappeared in December isn't easy, it's better than doing nothing. JoVonna Owings says, &#8220;I think it is harder to not do something. I had about two weeks off. I thought I needed that two weeks off, but sitting there not doing anything - I think that was harder."

Of course, the hardest part is not knowing what happened to Susan and not knowing where she is today. But those unanswered questions are on hold. Today, as Susan&#8217;s sister-in-law told us, is all about love and hope. "We'll keep hoping, we'll keep praying and we'll keep trying."

We contacted West Valley police today for an update into the investigation, but our calls were not returned. Neighbors did tell us that the family van and Josh Powell&#8217;s motorcycle and trailer are still at the home and they expect him to come back and get all of them. They also say Josh plans to rent out the house in the near future.

Video: Susan Powell's Home Decorated with Love & Hope 1/27/10 2:41
Family, friends and neighbors create a message of hope and love in the front yard of Susan and Josh Powell's West Valley home.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95955@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...ate-her-Home-with/OCMb3l6lekCMGIxIS3B0mw.cspx

Husband of Missing Woman Returns to Utah
11:49 AM MST, January 29, 2010
<snipped>
John Hellewell, a friend of Powell, told FOX 13 News he is back in Utah to find tenants to live in his West Valley City house. Hellewell said Powell has spoken very little about his wife and his new life in Washington, and that Powell is still holding out hope that Susan will be found.

"He called me last week some time [and] said he was going to be coming back and asked if I would pick him up," Hellewell said. "Originally, he was planning on coming back on Tuesday, but he said he hadn't gotten around to gettting a flight booked."

Friends say there are still several pieces of furniture inside the house, and that Josh plans to finish the basement and deck. Powell remains the only person of interest in the disappearance of Susan Powell, and police say he has not been cooperative. Investigators are aware Powell is back in West Valley City and they would like to talk to him.

Video: Husband of Missing Woman Returns to Utah
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-josh-powell-back-utah,0,652213.tivideo

Video: Husband Of Susan Powell Returns To Utah To sell Home 2:35
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=7c43f7dc-88df-47e3-9363-3d85e5e439fb&src=front

Video: Family & Friends Decorate Powell Home To Remind Search Is Still On 2:09
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ad47fabc-72bf-4213-90f5-8cced13a9b27&src=front

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-josh-powell-back-in-utah-2,0,5095859.column
Joshua Powell returns to Utah -- again
Updated: 01/29/2010 11:20:33 AM MST
<snipped>
Joshua Powell, the husband of missing West Valley City mother Susan Powell, has returned to Utah to prepare to sell or rent his home.

Joshua Powell was picked up from the airport by John Hellewell, a friend of the Powells who along with his wife, Kiirsi, has been instrumental in organizing campaigns to bring awareness to Susan's disappearance.

Joshua Powell told friends he appreciated the decorations on the home, Kiirsi Hellewell said Friday.

"When [Joshua Powell] saw the ribbons, he said 'That's a good idea,'" Kiirsi Hellewell said.

West Valley City police say the case is continuing to progress, but that they cannot publicly comment on specifics of the investigation, including forensic testing done on the Powell home.

Joshua Powell has repeatedly declined to speak to the media since his wife's disappearance.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14295001

Josh still plans to finish the deck and basement? Are you kidding me? This man is out of his mind making statements like this. How 'bout searching for your missing wife... how about cooperating with Law Enforcement. This guy really has NO CLUE how to even begin to behave as if he even gives a damn.

I certainly hope this case is quiet because LE is shoring up the case with Forensic evidence etc and are just buying their time until Josh is arrested and charged with murder. Honestly, this is the strangest case ever, more so than the Caylee Anthony case, in terms of lack of info from LE and media coverage. We drove through Utah recently on our way back from Vail and there wasn't a word about Susan in the Deseret Newspaper that I could see. Please let there be a break soon...

Police seize Joshua Powell's van
WVC » Husband of missing woman return to Utah to fix up home.
Updated: 01/29/2010 07:58:30 PM MST
<snipped>
Police have seized Joshua Powell's blue minivan that he said he drove the night his wife disappeared.

Powell, whose wife Susan has been missing since Dec. 7, had moved back to Washington state with his two young sons, but returned to Utah today to fix up his West Valley City home to sell or rent, said his brother-in-law Kirk Graves. Powell had driven a moving van to Washington and left the family's minivan at the home.

Powell was out with friend John Hellewell today and returned to his vehicle to find a West Valley City police officer waiting with a tow truck and search warrant for the car, Graves said. The vehicle was returned Friday evening.

Kiirsi Hellewell, John Hellewell's wife and a close friend of the Powells, said Joshua Powell spent much of the day Friday with her husband. Joshua Powell was using John Hellewell's computer to draw up lease agreements for potential renters at his West Valley City home.

He parked his minivan at a nearby Walgreen's to avoid media parked outside his home at 6254 W. Sarah Circle (3935 South), Kiirsi Hellewell said. When Powell returned to his vehicle, police served him the warrant, she said.

Powell seemed "pretty rattled, pretty shaken" when police handed him the warrant (1/29/10) about 4:30 p.m., Hellewell said.

Though Graves wasn't present when the warrant was served on Joshua Powell, he said he had been told Powell turned "white as a sheet" when the incident unfolded.

West Valley City police Capt. Anita Schwemmer said officers picked up the vehicle Friday afternoon and by 7:30 p.m. they had returned it.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_14297167
Josh Powell returns to Utah
Last Update: 5:17 pm
<snipped>
Although Josh Powell tried to dodge ABC 4 cameras Friday, he was seen getting out of a van to visit with one of his friends in West Valley City. &#8220;I'm probably one of his few friends that he has left,&#8221; said John Hellewell.

His friends and family tell ABC 4 he's back to finish the basement and work on the deck of his West Valley home. &#8220;He wants to try to rent out the house and so he wants to finish the basement before doing that,&#8221; said Hellewell.

But he won't be in town for long; ABC 4 is told he plans to make the trip to his former home as short as possible.

&#8220;When we talked to him, we thought it'd be a couple weeks before he'd be back,&#8221; said Kirk Graves, Powell&#8217;s brother in-law. While he was gone they got together with Susan's friends and decorated his home. Some were worried he'd come back and take it down.

&#8220;We don't really know how Josh would react to it,&#8221; said Graves. As of Friday night, the decorations are still on the house.

As far as police go, ABC 4 also talked with them Friday. They wouldn't comment on whether or not they plan to get in touch with Powell while he's back, but they said he has a standing invitation to meet with their detectives. Powell remains the only known person of interest in the case so far.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...l-returns-to-Utah/ckmzPoqC2Ua0_MwBrnOmgA.cspx
Police impound car of missing Utah woman's husband for second search
January 29th, 2010 @ 6:10pm
<snipped>
Family and friends of Josh Powell -- the husband of missing woman Susan Powell -- told KSL News that Josh's car was impounded by police early Friday evening. They say investigators took the car for a second search on an existing warrant. Police have not yet confirmed this information.

Friend and neighbor John Hellewell has kept in touch with Josh and talked to him on the phone several times last week. He gave Josh a ride from the airport around 9:30 Thursday night.

Hellewell said Josh was concerned there would be reporters waiting for him outside his home and was happy when there was no media there.

As for Josh's reasons behind renting the home, Hellewell told KSL, "[Josh] needs the money, and he said that he hopes that Susan will be found and that they'll be able to go back to living in that house afterwards."

Hellewell says that was the only thing Josh has said about Susan.

Josh's homecoming was a bit of a surprise to his family. Brother-in-law Kirk Graves says he knew Josh planned to come home to work on his house but didn't expect him so soon.

Graves says Josh has shown no emotion. Their relationship, he says, has been strained, partly because of that. "We wish he would be more open, that he would talk to the press, that he would get his story out there," he said.

*Video Included In Article: Police impound car of missing Utah woman's husband for second search

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9507165
Police search van of missing Utah woman's husband
Friday, January 29, 2010; 9:12 PM
<snipped>
West Valley City police Capt. Anita Schwemmer said investigators impounded Josh Powell's minivan on Thursday after obtaining a search warrant.

Josh Powell, 34, has been called the sole person of interest in the case, but has not been arrested. He moved away from Utah weeks ago to stay with family in Washington state.

Article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/29/AR2010012904318.html
Police seize Josh Powell's van for second time
Published: Friday, Jan. 29, 2010 8:06 p.m. MST
<snipped>
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Susan Powell seized the family's van again Friday after her husband temporarily returned to Utah.

He returned to Utah from his new home in Washington state Friday to fix his West Valley home so that he could offer it for sale, according to Kirk Graves, Josh Powell's brother-in-law.

Powell parked the van in a parking lot near his home while he went to visit some neighbors. When he returned to the car a few hours later, a police officer was waiting by the van with a search warrant and a tow truck.

"Unfortunately, Josh didn't let anybody know what was on the warrant," Graves said. "I'm assuming it was to look for something specific."

West Valley Police Capt. Anita Schwemmer confirmed that the minivan was seized Friday as part of a search warrant. She gave no other details except that the vehicle was expected to be returned to Powell Friday evening.

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700005809/Police-seize-Josh-Powells-van-for-second-time.html
Video: Police search van of missing Utah woman's husband 2:35
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=108182

Video: Susan Powell's Home decorated With Ribbons 2:41
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=107142

From the above photos of decorating the house, it doesn't look fridgid or snowy to me.
The snow has melted and yet no search of that area for SUSAN????
Does the charts say anything about no one looking?

Also we entered the Wolf moon, largest and closest of 2010.

The charts indicate that this is a moment to seize in developing a case because the Full Moon was directly opposite Part of Fortune for the Last Seen chart of December 6. Some good may come from issuing the latest warrant on Josh Powell's van. The FM was in House 3 of vehicles and short trips but close to the cusp of the Powell home. I do not see evidence of field searches under this Full Moon, no.

JoVonna Owings clears up a misconception about the day Susan Powell disappeared
January 30, 2:22 AM
<snipped>
JoVonna Owings and Susan Powell were friends. Owings is the last person, other than Susan&#8217;s husband, Joshua Powell, to see Susan before she went missing nearly two months ago.

JoVonna said, &#8220;Susan and I knew each other from church for about a year and became close friends about a month before she went missing. I was with her on the day she disappeared and I&#8217;ve often wondered what I could have done differently, is there something I should have seen or heard that would have raised a red flag?"

&#8220;The only thing that I thought was a little unusual was that Josh took so long to prepare brunch," she said, "Susan took the kids to church in the morning and walked home around noon. I came to their house for the afternoon to spend time with the family and to help Susan untangle some yarn."

&#8220;Josh had already started cooking before we got there and didn&#8217;t have the meal ready until about 4 p.m. I just figured he didn&#8217;t have much experience in the kitchen. When we did eat it was a pleasant meal. He made us scrambled eggs with onions and bell peppers and pancakes with cream cheese.&#8221;

"He served us individually. He served the food and gave each person their plates - Susan, Charlie, Braden, himself, and me. I thought he did that for portion-control," she said.

JoVonna remembers things went well during their late brunch and that Josh and Susan showed no signs of trouble.

&#8220;Not long after we ate Susan was tired and wanted to take a nap,&#8221; Owings said.

&#8220;One misconception I&#8217;d like to clear up is that Susan did not say she was sick and she did not appear sick. She was just tired and wanted to rest for a little while."

She went on, &#8220;Josh said he&#8217;d take the kids out sledding while she rested, and I left at the same time he and the boys left, between 5 and 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 6.&#8221;

&#8220;I never went back into Susan&#8217;s room to tell her goodbye, something I have regretted not doing. Of course I never thought that might be the last time I&#8217;d ever see her."

JoVonna said she offered to bring the yarn back that evening but Josh said no, not to worry about it because Susan wouldn't get a chance to work on it until her next days off.

&#8220;A neighbor reported he heard the Powell&#8217;s car alarm go off at around 11 p.m. for about two minutes - that&#8217;s a very long time late at night. I&#8217;m surprised no one called the police. Women are taught to push the panic button to raise attention in an emergency situation and I have always wondered if that&#8217;s what Susan did the night she went missing.&#8221;

&#8220;I feel like Susan stepped into a black hole. I just can&#8217;t see Josh doing anything physically to hurt her. But then again people do things you wouldn&#8217;t expect them to, so who&#8217;s to say.&#8221;

&#8220;Whatever it is that&#8217;s happened to Susan, I don&#8217;t believe it something she&#8217;s doing. It&#8217;s something being done to her. She wouldn&#8217;t leave her kids - it&#8217;s not in her to walk away from her children.&#8221;

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...eption-about-the-day-Susan-Powell-disappeared
Joshua 'Josh' Powell back in Utah, police issue a warrant and seize his van
January 30, 1:50 AM
<snipped>
Susan's best friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, said that her husband John picked Josh up from the airport around 9:30 p.m. Thursday.

JoVonna Owings, a friend of both Susan and Kiirsi, said, "I talked to Kiirsi today and she said Josh planned to meet her and her husband for lunch Friday. On his way to meet them, Josh saw reporters and didn't want to be confronted. He contacted the Hellewells who agreed to meet him outside a grocery store."

Josh got in their car and joined the Hellewell's at their home for lunch, leaving the van behind. When the three returned to the grocery store parking lot so Josh could retrieve his van they were met by police with a search warrant and tow truck.

&#8220;Police seized the van at 4:30 p.m. and returned it to Josh about three hours later,&#8221; Kiirsi said in an email this evening.

During a phone interview this evening with JoVonna Owings, she said Josh left his van at his home in West Valley City when he moved to Puyallup nearly three weeks ago, "knowing he would return to make repairs to the home's deck and basement so he could either put the house up for sale or rent."

Owings stated she believes Josh has plans to lease the home where he, his wife, and two children lived before Susan disappeared, to a neighbor.

Friends and family have noted that Josh has been less talkative since Susan went missing, and that his demeanor has changed. &#8220;Yes, though he is more talkative with us now than he was,&#8221; Kiirsi said.

Josh&#8217;s sister, Jennifer Graves, said in a phone interview this evening that, &#8220;Josh hasn&#8217;t opened up at all. He used to be talkative to the extreme, dominating conversations to the point you couldn&#8217;t get a word in edgewise.&#8221; &#8220;Now,&#8221; she says, &#8220;He just goes on about things that don&#8217;t matter.&#8221;

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m1d30
Family: Missing mom's Facebook support page disappears
Story Published: Jan 30, 2010 at 4:20 PM PST
Story Updated: Jan 30, 2010 at 4:27 PM PST
<snipped>
A Facebook page devoted to missing mom Susan Powell has disappeared, and now her family and friends are asking the social networking site to restore the page.

The "Friends & Family of Susan Powell Facebook page" was launched to aid in the effort to find her, and had attracted more than 45,000 members, said Shelby Gifford, spokeswoman for the family.

"An entire database of people willing to help with searches and provide other services was deleted from Facebook as of approximately 2 p.m. Friday," Gifford said.

She says Susan's Facebook page has also been plagued by a "troll" who visited the page under assumed identities, even pretending to be Susan Powell herself at one point.

She said Susan Powell's family and the page administrators have made repeated complaints to Facebook and have not received a response.

"Obviously, our reason for using Facebook is that it can reach such a large audience quickly," said James Hofheins, social media coordinator for the Friends & Family of Susan Powell group. "Their lack of response is causing great frustration among Susan&#8217;s friends, family and supporters."

In the meantime, a new page called "Friends & Family of Susan Powell Part Two" has now been launched to replace the original page, but it lacks much of the photos, information and membership.

"Friends & Family of Susan Powell Part Two"
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=s.../group.php?v=wall&ref=search&gid=280658659931

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/83172857.html
Susan Powell Update: Susan Powell Facebook group vanishes, not the first time
January 29, 11:51 PM
<snipped>
Today without warning and with no word from Facebook as to what happened one of the Susan Powell Facebook groups, like Susan Powell, mysteriously vanished, leaving family and friends devastated - and this is not the first time.

When asked what she thought happened, Kiirsi said in an email this evening, &#8220;I don&#8217;t know.&#8221;

The West Valley City Police Department was notified today. Kiirsi said, &#8220;The police are just as upset about it as we are.&#8221;

Kiirsi doesn't know for sure what they will do but says this will not be tolerated. Susan's family will consider issuing a press release involving media in putting pressure on Facebook.

Facebook has been less than cooperative when issues arose in the past.

Not the first time
On Jan. 14 the creator of the &#8220;Susan Powell&#8221; Facebook group, Leslie Bleak, was notified by Facebook that her "Susan Powell" Facebook account was removed. Bleak&#8217;s group had about 6,000 members and provided a place where people could share information without it being censored.

While there was speculation that Bleak&#8217;s account was removed at the urging of friends and family of Susan Powell, Shelby Gifford, a friend and spokeswoman for Susan Powell's parents, said the family did not complain to Facebook about Bleak's group.

JoVonna Owings said in a phone conversation this evening, &#8220;A person signed onto the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook group as Susan and said awful things. The &#8216;troll&#8217; says he has a friend in high places at Facebook and he would take the site down.&#8221;

It is believed the same &#8216;troll&#8217; recently warned Kiirsi that he/she had purchased the URLs to www.susanpowell.com, .net, and .org.

A search revealed the URLs had in fact been purchased years ago.

The susanpowell.com URL has been owned by Banyan Productions in Philadelphia since Feb. 3, 1999.

Threats he/she purchased susanpowell.net were also false. That URL is owned by Susan Powell in Tustin, Calif., is administered by Emerald Publications, and was created on Dec. 2, 2004.

The susanpowell.org URL was created July 16, 2006, and is registered privately.

However, that URL, and the others, were all created long before the threats were made by this &#8216;troll&#8217;.

Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook Group
The Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook group was created by Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell&#8217;s best friend, as a place for friends and family to provide support for one another after Susan Powell disappeared Dec. 7.

A discussion group was set up where people offered their time and resources for a ground search for Susan Powell, if and when the need arises.

There were hundreds of photos and links to articles and websites.

But most importantly, people from around the globe left tens of thousands of posts with words of comfort for Susan&#8217;s parents, friends, and other family members.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...ell-Facebook-page-vanishes-not-the-first-time
Susan Powell Facebook page disappears
Online » It had more than 45,000 members and was intended to help in the search for the missing mother.
Updated: 01/30/2010 07:08:28 PM MST
<snipped>
The Friends and Family of Susan Powell" Facebook page, which claimed more than 45,000 members, stopped functioning about 2 p.m. Friday, said Shelby Gifford, the administrator of the Facebook page and a spokeswoman for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox.

She said the page has been plagued by a "troll" -- an online term for a person who attempts to get reactions or cause controversy by posting hurtful messages. At one point, the troll assumed Susan Powell's identity and posted comments on the page as the missing mother, Gifford said. Administrators have passed threats made on the page to law enforcement agencies, she said.

Administrators also have made repeated complaints to Facebook and haven't received a response about the missing page, Gifford said. Susan Powell's father applied online for a job with Facebook to try to get the company's attention, she said. Cox did not get a response from his job application.

We would like to talk with a representative from Facebook so we can remedy this problem once and for all. Their lack of response is causing great frustration among Susan's friends, family and supporters."

The Salt Lake Tribune could not reach a Facebook representative for comment Saturday evening.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14302774
Susan Powell Facebook page disappears, Shelby Gifford &#8216;complaints to Facebook ignored&#8217;
January 30, 5:15 PM
<snipped>
Even before the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page disappeared yesterday, the family had been plagued with problems from an anonymous poster threatening to take the group down. &#8220;The &#8216;troll&#8217; claimed to have control over the Facebook site,&#8221; Gifford said

When asked if the family has captured information from the missing page, Gifford responded, &#8220;We have captured some but not all of the information from the page. Since the 72-hour media blitz we have developed a substantial email data base but obviously were not able to reach everyone.&#8221;

&#8220;We don&#8217;t have evidence the group was taken down by Facebook,&#8221;
Gifford said, &#8220;If a page violates the Terms of Service of Facebook they would normally send a warning and no administrators have received any warnings from Facebook.&#8221;

&#8220;We don&#8217;t know why this person or these persons are not happy with the site. We have made police reports and will continue to be in contact with the police about this issue,&#8221; she said, &#8220;We will continue to pursue those avenues as needed.&#8221;

Asked if she knows who might be doing this, Gifford responded, &#8220;None I&#8217;m willing to speculate about right now.&#8221;

The Cox family and administrators of the site have sent dozens of complaints to Facebook regarding this individual and possible associates. &#8220;None of the friends and family of Susan Powell and Facebook administrators of the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page have been contacted following their complaints.

The family is not planning to start a new Facebook page at this time. Their hopes are that enough attention will be drawn to Facebook that they will restore the group and all its contents. Something James Hofheins, Administrator for the page, believes is possible.

Gifford indicated an announcement will be sent out Tuesday about a secure server webpage that is being set up.

For now, people may visit:
Find Susan Powell
http://www.findsusanpowell.blogspot.com/

Hearts Knit for Susan
http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...Shelby-Gifford-complaints-to-Facebook-ignored

Facebook Page To Find Susan Powell Deleted
Saturday, Jan 30, 2010 @11:48pm CST
<snipped>
It's been a multi-media drive to find Susan Powell.You tube, twitter and a facebook "friends and family of Susan Powell" Page. But now the facebook page has mysteriously disappeared.
Police return van to husband of missing Utah mom
January 30th, 2010 @ 6:12pm
<snipped>
West Valley City police Capt. Anita Schwemmer today declined to comment on the purpose of the search and whether it netted any evidence.

She says officers picked up Josh Powell's van Friday afternoon and returned it to him Friday evening.

Schwemmer says investigators impounded Powell's van after obtaining a search warrant.

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9522814
UPDATE: Susan's FB is back up just as it disappeared...it was back. No idea why or what is going on! Troll did it??? They just don't know!

Video: Facebook Page To Find Susan Powell Deleted 3:06
The creator of the page talks to Brian Mullahy about what she thinks happened.
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=108301

Video: Josh Powell In Town Again 10PM 2:35
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=108182

Article:
http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=73501
Powell Facebook page temporarily disappears, reappears
Online » It has more than 45K members, is designed to help in search for missing mother.
Updated: 01/30/2010 11:10:12 PM MST
<snipped>
"The Friends and Family of Susan Powell" Facebook page, which claimed more than 45,000 members, stopped functioning about 2 p.m. Friday, said Shelby Gifford, the administrator of the Facebook page and a spokeswoman for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox.

The disappearance prompted Gifford to issue a news release on Saturday asking Facebook to restore the page. By 10 p.m. Saturday, the page appeared to be working again.

The deleted page resurfaced recently on Facebook under the name of "Susan Powell 2" and was functioning Saturday evening.

Barry Schnitt, a director of policy communications for Facebook, said the page was temporarily inaccessible due to a technical issue.

"The group was not taken down by Facebook admins, and there's no evidence of any security breach. We have restored the group and been in touch with the adminstrators," Schnitt said in an e-mail.

"As part of the investigation, we also removed several fake accounts that were interacting with the group's admins. We'll investigate any future reports of harassment and take action as quickly as possible."

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14302774?source=most_viewed

Missing woman's family concerned over lack of contact with kids
February 1st, 2010 @ 4:43pm
<snipped>
The family of Susan Powell says it has not seen the missing woman's children for nearly a month.

Family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford told KSL Newsradio Monday the last contact came Jan. 3, and Susan's parents have little information about the boys' well-being.

"There's tremendous concern," Gifford says. "They really want to take advantage of the fact that they're just down the street. Unfortunately, that just doesn't seem to be happening."

Gifford says the Cox family has reached out to Josh Powell a few times to try to see the children.

She says, "He has declined for reasons that we don't necessarily understand."

Audio: Andrew Adams reporting
http://real.ksl.com/video/slc/3/311/31122.mp3

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9541537
Susan Powell's parents keep hope alive
Published: Monday, Feb. 1, 2010 10:02 p.m. MST
<snipped>
Susan Powell should be ordering garden seeds with her friend Shelby Gifford. She should be sharing a funny story with her mother. "I would always hear her giggle, and I miss that," Judy Cox said. Most of all, the missing West Valley woman should be with her two boys, 5-year-old Charlie and 3-year-old Braden.

The Cox family had planned to hold a press conference Monday in Washington but postponed it at the last minute.

"For an investigative reason, we've been told to hold off," said Powell's friend and family spokeswoman Gifford.

Although she declined to give any hints about what the press conference was going to entail, she promised, "It will be worth it when it's time."

The Coxes say they have strong faith in the investigation being conducted by the West Valley Police Department and that "if there's a rock, they've uncovered it."

On Friday, police seized Josh Powell's minivan for a second time to serve a search warrant.

At their home in Puyallup, Wash. &#8212; where Susan Powell grew up and where she met Josh &#8212; Chuck and Judy Cox have a purple ribbon hanging from their front porch. A large portrait of their daughter sits near the fireplace. Her family and friends all wear purple wristbands. Chuck Cox fidgets with his as he looks at photo albums of his daughter and talks about what life has been like for her family since she disappeared.

Susan Powell's mother, Judy, who also has been dealing with health problems due to diabetes, said the past two months have not been easy.

*Much More Info At Link!

Chuck Cox holds up a picture of his missing daughter Susan Powell.
2423026.jpg

Chuck and Judy Cox, parents of missing West Valley woman Susan Powell, have tried to keep their daughter's name in the media in hopes that she soon will be found.
2423027.jpg

Chuck and Judy Cox, parents of missing West Valley woman Susan Powell, up a picture of their missing daughter.
2423024.jpg

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700006396/Powells-parents-keep-hope-alive.html

In Davis County, 4 missing-person cases open and active
Police » Bountiful police sergeant strongly suspects foul play in one case.
Updated: 02/03/2010 04:14:16 PM MST
<snipped>
Sarah Ann Norfleet disappeared from Bountiful in 1993 at age 18. Stephen L. Hughes hasn't been seen since his truck was abandoned at his business in 1986. Fifteen-year-old Shelby Marie Glasgow-Simpson left home in May 2008 but may have been recently seen in Layton.

While much of the state's attention has been focused on missing West Valley City wife and mother Susan Powell, a state Web site lists about 55 Utahns as missing. Four of them disappeared in Davis County.

Bountiful police Sgt. Ed Biehler, who was assigned the Norfleet case about a year ago, said he is actively investigating it, adding, "I don't think it's a missing-person case." Too much is suspicious, he said. Norfleet did not take any belongings. She was close to friends and family. No one had any hint she was leaving. Because of those reasons, Biehler believes she is not alive. Norfleet was last seen in June 1993 when the father of a friend picked up his daughter and Norfleet at Bountiful's recreation center and dropped Norfleet off at her home.

The lone suspect has been Richard L. Sattler, who worked as a janitor at Bountiful Community Church and quit that job about the time of Norfleet's disappearance. In October 1993, Sattler was in a Las Vegas jail on suspicion of kidnapping and robbery in an unrelated case. Bountiful police visited him there but he said he knew nothing about her disappearance, according to news reports at the time.

Biehler said he wants to interview Sattler again but has been unable to find him. Biehler has re-interviewed Norfleet's friends and family and submitted her dental and DNA records into national databases.

Sarah Norfleet
20100129__dav_missing_020410~3_GALLERY.jpg

Shelby Marie Glasgow-Simpson was 15 years old when she left home on May 23, 2008. Glasgow-Simpson is white, 5 feet 6 inches tall, 125 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. She has scars on her back and right hip in the shape of cigarette burns and has Duane syndrome in her left eye, which limits the eye's mobility. Layton Lt. Quinn Moyes said the department believes she ran away. She was last reported seen in Layton on Dec. 21, 2009. Anyone with information in the case can contact Layton police at 801-497-8300.
20100129__dav_missing_020410~4_GALLERY.jpg

» Stephen L. Hughes was 46 when he went missing Jan. 13, 1986. Hughes is described as white, 5 feet 11 inches tall and 185 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes. His truck was found abandoned at his business in Bountiful. He was last seen wearing a baseball cap and a red plaid shirt. Hughes had heart problems and may be in need of medical attention. Biehler said one angle of investigation has been Hughes' relationships with multiple women, some of whom were married. Anyone with information about Hughes or Norfleet can contact Bountiful police at 801-298-6000. No picture available.

» Teresa Greaves was 23 when she was last seen Aug. 5, 1983. Greaves is described as white, 5 feet 4 inches tall, 160 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. Greaves lived at a trailer park that was then near 900 W. 500 South in Woods Cross and was last seen leaving for a job interview on Aug. 5, 1983. She spoke with a friend by telephone in Salt Lake City at noon. Woods Cross police Chief Paul Howard said in the last few years he has re-interviewed Greaves' roommate in an effort to generate new leads. Anyone with information in the case can contact Woods Cross police at 801-292-4422.
20100129__dav_missing_020410~2_GALLERY.jpg

You can find Utah's Web site listing missing state residents at:
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/missingpersons.html

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/davis/ci_14299010

Newspaper's lawyer will look at sealed documents in Susan Powell disappearance investigation
Arguments pending » Police have served at least four warrants.
Updated: 02/05/2010 06:14:09 PM MST
<snipped>
A judge on Friday permitted a Salt Lake Tribune attorney to view sealed documents concerning the Susan Powell police investigation. Those documents may include search warrants, which have been shielded from public view. The Tribune has filed a lawsuit to have them disclosed.

Third District Court Judge Judith Atherton told the newspaper's attorney, Mike O'Brien, he may view the materials but cannot share or discuss them with The Tribune .

Atherton's decision came at the end of a short hearing Friday to schedule written and oral arguments for the lawsuit. The Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office has until March 5 to file a written argument for keeping the search warrants sealed and O'Brien must respond 10 days later.

Deputy District Attorney Sandi Johnson said she also will argue The Tribune does not have standing to file a lawsuit over the warrants. Atherton said Johnson may make that argument, but the judge sounded suspicious.

"The press has a pretty strong interest in access," Atherton said.

O'Brien said the Deseret News and the Society of Professional Journalists also will join the lawsuit as plaintiffs.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14343086
Powelll disappearance approaches two-month milestone
Updated: 02/05/2010 06:06:22 PM MST
<snipped>
Friends and family of Susan Powell will observe the two-month anniversary of her disappearance in the same manner they've spent preceding days: encouraging people to keep looking for the 28-year-old West Valley City mother.

Powell's best friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, is working to highlight the case of her missing friend by organizing a "Week of Service" from Feb. 8 through Feb. 15.

Joshua Powell has repeatedly declined interview requests from The Salt Lake Tribune.

"Week of Service" ~ More information is available at:

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14343879
Friends plan &#8216;Week of Service' in honor of Susan Powell
February 5th, 2010 @ 4:02pm
<snipped>
Kiirsi Hellewell, a friend of Susan's, says Feb. 8 through Feb. 15 will be a "Week of Service" in Susan's honor.

Hellewell went to four yarn stores Friday to drop off thousands of fliers, which were donated by some printing shops. The fliers have information about the week of service, and stores will hand them out to customers.

Hellewell says it's is a good way to remember Susan and remind the public that she is still missing. "We just have to keep hoping," Hellewell says. "I know that her father, Chuck Cox, posted on our Facebook group a couple of days ago: We still believe Susan's alive. We still believe she's out there, and we believe that police are going to find her."

Josh moved to Washington state but came back to Utah last week. Friends and family say he is finishing his basement so he can rent out his house.
:waitasec:

*Video Included at link!

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9588583

Friends come together on 2 month anniversary of Susan Powell's disapearance
Last Update: 9:43 pm
<snipped>
Powell's loved ones gathered at Kiirsi Hellewell's home today, to observe the 2 month anniversary of Powell's disappearance. Hellewell is organizing a "week of service" for susan from february eighth through the fifteenth. The purpose is to share something that susan loved doing.

It will begin with a kick-off party on monday night at 7 p.m. at the Hunter Library, 4740 West 41 hundred south in West Valley.

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...th-anniversary-of/p0u9iqnf0U6ba8n9wwDpYw.cspx
Friends honor Susan Powell with week of service
6:45 PM MST, February 7, 2010
<snipped>
Family and friends of a missing West Valley City woman, Susan Powell, want to keep her story in the media spotlight. They will kick off a week of service to honor a favorite pastime of Powell's on Monday. "She was always making baby blankets. She was always making homemade gifts and items for other people," JoVonna Owings said.

Video: Friends honor Susan Powell with week of service 2:00
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/?watchId=43e8898b-f118-47f6-a773-474803392b84

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-friends-of-susan-powell-service-week,0,4551186.story

Susan Powell: A good friend and person of service, always there for us
February 7, 10:35 PM
<snipped>
Susan Powell has been missing for two months and her friends and family still hope she will be found alive. They have organized the "Week of Service for Susan Powell" campaign that will run from Mon., Feb. 8, to Fri., Feb. 12.

Debbie Caldwell, who babysat Susan's kids, said, "She was always doing things for me. Josh contracted for a certain number of hours and would sometimes keep the kids at my house longer. I didn't charge them extra. Susan would always make it up to me by doing my hair for free."

Debbie said Susan came to her house and helped move gravel to the children's playground area. She was there all day. "The last thing we did together was Susan came and helped us plant a mimosa tree in our back yard. The tree will have purple and pink flowers when it blooms and is beautiful. It will shade the playground and is now called 'Susan's tree'."

"She has a wide circle of friends," Debbie said, "She gravitated to Kiirsi who is like Susan - they go the extra mile. I personally believe Josh should be helping out and doing what Kiirsi's doing. But since he's not, I'm glad Kiirsi's doing all she can to get the word out about Susan."

She said, "Susan and I would sit and talk about anything and everything. She's a great friend and though sometimes I fear the worse, I still hope she will return to us safely."

Debbie said, "Jennifer (Graves) really loves Susan, and Susan really loves Jennifer. If I had to choose anyone to raise Susan's kids in her absence, I would recommend Jennifer." Jennifer watched Susan's two boys for about four months when she went back to work. Then Susan found Debbie.

*Much More At Link!

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...end-and-person-of-service-always-there-for-us
Susan Powell Week of Service
Last Update: 3:27 pm
<snipped>
It&#8217;s been two months and still no sign of Susan Powell. But friends and family say they &#8220;won&#8217;t give up&#8221; on the missing West Valley woman.

&#8220;We want to honor her by helping people who maybe need the gift of a blanket or need some mittens for their kids. It's something Susan would have done, but's also something that helps us to stay busy while we wait&#8221; says long time family friend, Shelby Gifford.

Events are planned all over the world every night this week to honor Susan.

In Utah, the kick off party will start at seven o&#8217;clock Monday night in the Hunter Library located at 4640 West 4100 South in West Valley City.

For More Info On "Week of Service":

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...l-Week-of-Service/CFCMKdcqcEmjxd21jIDP4w.cspx
Susan Powell friends organize weeklong homemade donation event
7:04 PM MST, February 8, 2010
<snipped>
"I have the feeling there will be a lot of scarf-making and hat-making and just simple projects, but something that comes from the heart," says Blazing Needles employee, Danielle Ludwig.

For every purchase at the Blazing Needles shop, each customer will receive information about a project in honor of Susan Powell.

Video: Friends Of Missing Utah Woman Organize Service Event 1:50
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/?watchId=114dba8e-0069-4e33-b987-87f4e3752693

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/thesea...powell-friends-donation-event,0,4862628.story
UPDATED: Susan Powell's parents have a message for Josh
Last Update: 2:38 am
<snipped>
When news of Susan Powell's disappearance spread, the Cox family was careful not to put pressure on Josh or criticize him publicly. Despite the seemingly incredible tale he told of taking his little boys camping in the middle of the night and during a winter storm, they refused to point fingers.

But in the interview conducted by ABC 4 for the two month anniversary of her disappearance, their tone had changed. They are alarmed by Josh Powell's lack of cooperation with West Valley Police. Chuck Cox said, "He asked me if I understood. Basically he said, 'You understand?' And I said, 'No, no I don't.' Because I don't understand. He's got an attorney now. He's the last person who saw my daughter -- his wife -- alive ... He's got to know something. He's got to help out. He's thrown a roadblock without his cooperation."

The Cox family expects Josh to do the same. But when ABC 4 asked if they believed Josh had thus far done anything to find his wife, Chuck answered, "Not that I'm aware of." And Judy said simply, "No." Chuck Cox said the lines of communication remain open with Josh. He said, "I can talk to him. Right now I could probably talk to him about his car or the weather or whatever and it would be fine. But as soon as I go toward anything ... 'Well, can you tell me anything at all?' I get shut out immediately. As far as I know, everyone has."

What's more, Susan's parents have not been allowed to see their grandchildren since January 3, 2010. "I've asked, and I was told no," Chuck said. Now Josh will only allow visitations at his father's house, something that Chuck said was unacceptable, "We would like to see them more. We prefer to see them over here just 'cause it's awkward. Josh hasn't helped. And I don't know what's going on there."

For now, Judy and Chuck Cox know there is little they can do about any of it. "I can't force him to talk to police. I can't force him to let us see the children," said Chuck. "It's just beyond my control right now. All we can do is be patient and pray."

*More At Link!

Video: Susan Powell's parents have a message for Josh 2/9/2010 - 04:08
The tone had changed. That much was apparent as ABC 4 sat down to talk with Chuck and Jody Cox for the two month anniversary of their daughter's disappearance.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=96128@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...-message-for-Josh/V9UjCSrVaUSnVub2mVQ9gQ.cspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member