Forensic evidence

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Eagle1 said:
If you were going to have to wait hours in someone's home, wouldn't you find something to do and at least look around a bit, familiarize yourself?
Question for IDI's....if no intruder has ever been found, how do we know how long he/she waited in the Ramsey's home?

Ames said:
Question for IDI's....if no intruder has ever been found, how do we know how long he/she waited in the Ramsey's home?

Nobody's claimed to know that, Ames. Ask Super Duper Dave if we haven't worn him out already. Need an Assistant?

Editing to add that IF the perp was the walker that the Barnhills saw who so resembled John Andrew, we know he had to wait while the R's were at the Whites'. But nobody's said it had to be the walker. Don't go putting words in our mouths, necessitating a lot of extra posts to keep denying what we didn't say, okey dokey?

Eagle1 said:
Nobody's claimed to know that, Ames. Ask Super Duper Dave if we haven't worn him out already. Need an Assistant?
LOL...I think that HE does need one. So many questions....so little time.

I am RDI.. I have heard SO many times that the intruder was in the home for "hours"....waiting for the Ramsey's to get home. I believe that was John's assumption...I imagine to explain the long ransom note, and the time it took to find rope, tape...fashion a garotte...etc.

Ames said:
Patsy said that the size 12's undies were kept in the bathroom drawer...in one of her interviews, but that does not make it true...(Interview can be found on acandyrose....)

Ames,

Sure , but they were not, as the susbsequent police search discovered. What Patsy states and what the evidence confirms may differ, to such an extent that the Ramsey's handed in a set or size-12 underwear years later. Now if only one set was purchased as gift, how could the remaining size-12 underwear be in two places at the same time e.g. JonBenet's toilet drawer, and their new address?

Yet this intruder who was there for "hours" left no forensic evidence of having been there...no hairs, no fibers, no prints (even when he came up from the basement (good catch, Tea, that's really paying attention - DOI is jammed full of comments like that)...nothing except a ransom note that Patsy could not be excluded as author of....

Ames said:
LOL...I have heard SO many times that the intruder was in the home for "hours"....waiting for the Ramsey's to get home. I believe that was John's assumption...I imagine to explain the long ransom note, and the time it took to find rope, tape...fashion a garotte...etc.

Funny, I don't REMEMBER ever hearing such a flat statement. Are you doing it again, putting words into our mouths? Anyway, you seem to have been elected spokesperson for this thread. But I've put off as long as I can signing off and finishing putting away Christmas things.

UKGuy said:
Ames,

Sure , but they were not, as the susbsequent police search discovered. What Patsy states and what the evidence confirms may differ, to such an extent that the Ramsey's handed in a set or size-12 underwear years later. Now if only one set was purchased as gift, how could the remaining size-12 underwear be in two places at the same time e.g. JonBenet's toilet drawer, and their new address?

Well, the Ramsey's could have somehow gotten them out of the house....Pam could have gathered them up and took them out with all of those "funeral clothes" that she packed the trunk, and back seat of a police cruiser with.

Eagle1 said:
Agreed, Ames, PR saying where the large panties were kept doesn't make it true. They would not have been hard for anyone to find, though. Maybe the killer was that walker that the Barnhills saw, and he was going through their things for hours. Not that it would take hours to find panties. If you were going to have to wait hours in someone's home, wouldn't you find something to do and at least look around a bit, familiarize yourself?

UKGuy's right too, that there's no proof of where the panties were stored, or whatever he said. By the time I get around to replying, I sometimes forget exact words.

Eagle1,

Whats agreed though by Patsy and Nedra is that only pack of size-12 underwear was purchased.

If that pack had been anywhere in or close to JonBenet's bedroom/toilet they would have been removed during the house search.

That the remainder turned up years later to be handed in by the Ramseys demonstrates even they realize a mistake had been made!

Eagle1 said:

Editing to add that IF the perp was the walker that the Barnhills saw who so resembled John Andrew, we know he had to wait while the R's were at the Whites'. But nobody's said it had to be the walker. Don't go putting words in our mouths, necessitating a lot of extra posts to keep denying what we didn't say, okey dokey?
But for one word, that word on your part being ....maybe, all Ames did is reply to what you wrote. I'd be more inclined to believe it was John Andrew than a stranger walking about that resembled John Andrew. I hope I am breaking no rules cause I sure don't mean to be but I have a simple request. Lets keep it nice here and friendly ok. no need throwing out challenges or waving red flags towards the bull pen. This has been a really great forum to this point. Lets not bring old habits over from anywhere else. Ok? Lets all try really hard. Myself included to not do that. When you put something out there even if it has the word maybe prefacing it, expect a reply in return. Its okay no one is saying that your maybe isn't even remotely possible just not probable. Barnhills knew John Andrew very very well. And to be walking across the lawn. Put that person in very close proximity. I am more inclined to think if anything Joe Barnhill confused days not people. But either way. No proof yet of an intruder has ever been substantiated. The intruder being there in any way shape or form is theory to this point. However I do respect your right to the theory you believe in.

Eagle1
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1272738", true);

Right, Not Necessarily True
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames
Patsy said that the size 12's undies were kept in the bathroom drawer...in one of her interviews, but that does not make it true...(Interview can be found on acandyrose....)

Agreed, Ames, PR saying where the large panties were kept doesn't make it true. They would not have been hard for anyone to find, though. Maybe the killer was that walker that the Barnhills saw, and he was going through their things for hours. Not that it would take hours to find panties. If you were going to have to wait hours in someone's home, wouldn't you find something to do and at least look around a bit, familiarize yourself?

Eagle1 said:
Funny, I don't REMEMBER ever hearing such a flat statement. Are you doing it again, putting words into our mouths? Anyway, you seem to have been elected spokesperson for this thread. But I've put off as long as I can signing off and finishing putting away Christmas things.
Am I doing WHAT again? I have only been on this board for a couple of days. I didn't say that I had read that just from IDI posts. I have heard it on numerous news programs. My question was how does anyone know how long the intruder was in the house, if the intruder has never been found...one can only speculate.

Spokesperson???

Ames said:
Well, the Ramsey's could have somehow gotten them out of the house....Pam could have gathered them up and took them out with all of those "funeral clothes" that she packed the trunk, and back seat of a police cruiser with.

Ames,

Of course, the evidence and the Ramsey action in returning the remaining pairs confirms even they recognize a pack of missing underwear including a potential size-6 pair, must mean something?

Not unless Lou Smit wishes to blame it all on an intruder who wants brand new underwear as trophies?

coloradokares said:
But for one word, that word on your part being ....maybe, all Ames did is reply to what you wrote. I'd be more inclined to believe it was John Andrew than a stranger walking about that resembled John Andrew. I hope I am breaking no rules cause I sure don't mean to be but I have a simple request. Lets keep it nice here and friendly ok. no need throwing out challenges or waving red flags towards the bull pen. This has been a really great forum to this point. Lets not bring old habits over from anywhere else. Ok? Lets all try really hard. Myself included to not do that. When you put something out there even if it has the word maybe prefacing it, expect a reply in return. Its okay no one is saying that your maybe isn't even remotely possible just not probable. Barnhills knew John Andrew very very well. And to be walking across the lawn. Put that person in very close proximity. I am more inclined to think if anything Joe Barnhill confused days not people. But either way. No proof yet of an intruder has ever been substantiated. The intruder being there in any way shape or form is theory to this point. However I do respect your right to the theory you believe in.

Eagle1 http://websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_1272738", true);
[url="http://websleuths.com/forums/images/misc/im_yahoo.gif"]http://websleuths.com/forums/images/misc/im_yahoo.gif[/url]

Right, Not Necessarily True
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames

I agree with everything you have posted....I was only referring to what this poster said...."If you were going to have to wait hours in someone's home....."

Ames said:
LOL...I think that HE does need one. So many questions....so little time.

I am RDI.. I have heard SO many times that the intruder was in the home for "hours"....waiting for the Ramsey's to get home. I believe that was John's assumption...I imagine to explain the long ransom note, and the time it took to find rope, tape...fashion a garotte...etc.
Eagle1....above is the post that I posted to you....you took my post, snipped it and when you quoted it, you took it out of context. The LOL...was regarding the statement that you made about Superdave needing an assistant...you snipped it to make it look like I was laughing at the IDI's for thinking that the intruder was in the house for hours....whether you intended to do that or not, I don't know.

Ames said:
I agree with everything you have posted....I was only referring to what this poster said...."If you were going to have to wait hours in someone's home....."
Yes and she took it as your replying to the maybe the walking stranger killed.... I know it was not my place to just jump on in. But at least for
me from here on in it remains civil and fair discussion or ....well I don't know
what... but I thought it was not fair to call you on posting a reply to say she had not said something that she had in fact just said but prefaced with a maybe. I think I am not open to the kind of problems I just left behind .....and I said so as nicely as I could think to say it. I know Ames it was your right to defend yourself. But its unfair to us all so I stepped up to say so. Hope you don't mind this time. Thanks CK

coloradokares said:
Yes and she took it as your replying to the maybe the walking stranger killed.... I know it was not my place to just jump on in. But at least for
me from here on in it remains civil and fair discussion or ....well I don't know
what... but I thought it was not fair to call you on posting a reply to say she had not said something that she had in fact just said but prefaced with a maybe. I think I am not open to the kind of problems I just left behind .....and I said so as nicely as I could think to say it. I know Ames it was your right to defend yourself. But its unfair to us all so I stepped up to say so. Hope you don't mind this time. Thanks CK
Nope I don't mind..., thanks for jumping in. I don't feel that I was in the wrong, though. All I did was asked a simple question...and then, my post gets snipped and taken out of context...if this post goes toward the way that the "other" board did....it wasn't my fault.

coloradokares said:
I agree with you that the size 12's were ready and accessible. One thing that is only something I tossed around in my mind, is were the size 12's significant in any other way. IE. What if JonBenet did want them...And for expample Patsy said they are to big for you Jonnie B. That became another verbal issue and point of rebellion? Let your mind wander with that for a bit. Not one bit of proof only some speculation there..... was that the significance of the size 12 being on her body. She was granted her wish to wear a pair? Far fetched perhaps? I know....but my mind won't let go of the size 12's when they were so obviously out of place.
good thought ! and out of guilt,maybe placing them on her body was PR's way of granting JB her last wish? Perhaps they were in the basement and PR was getting the gifts ready, and it all started there...

coloradokares said:
Somebody had their thinking cap on for this one. :) One thing is certain the used size 6's have yet to surface. And the Ramseys had possession for a very long time of the size 12's. Does anyone know was that courtesy Aunt Pam when she hauled out alot more than funeral clothes?
could have been? JR was asking for his golf bag for some reason.maybe they were hidden in that somewhere?

Nuisanceposter said:
Definitely good thinking, guys. I really think the underwear, both old used size 6 and brand new size 12s, were removed by Aunt Pam, and that the size 12s had been in the basement all along, wrapped for Jenny. Pam could have even stuffed them inside something else - and that police cruiser she filled up with "some clothes for the funeral" was stuffed back seat and trunk with boxes and bags filled with items, according to ST.

I simply can NOT believe police not only allowed Pammy Paugh to raid the R house and take out things that could be evidence, but provided her with a police jacket to wear while doing it and a cruiser to drive her to and from the house...plus the Happy Meal with a large Diet Coke and lots of ice that Officer Chromiak bought for Pam afterwards (right after Pam sat there telling Chromiak that she had made a million dollars by age 30...when she was really a department store cosmetic counter attendant.) Now if Pam was a millionaire, why didn't she buy her own Happy Meal and large Diet Coke with lots of ice?
She was too busy whininggg about the gloves? get them off,get them off,GET THEM OFFFFFF !!! LOL

JMO8778 said:
could have been? JR was asking for his golf bag for some reason.maybe they were hidden in that somewhere?
Exactly. What was his big concern with the golf bag? He needs to play a few holes while he avoids the pesky police and their questions, too distraught to do anything except make television appearances on CNN? Who the eff cares about golf when your daughter has just been murdered and your wife is so destroyed by it she needs other people to literally spoonfeed her?

Nuisanceposter said:
Exactly. What was his big concern with the golf bag? He needs to play a few holes while he avoids the pesky police and their questions, too distraught to do anything except make television appearances on CNN? Who the eff cares about golf when your daughter has just been murdered and your wife is so destroyed by it she needs other people to literally spoonfeed her?
Maybe he intended to look on the golf course for JB's killer....you know...just like OJ did when he was searching for the killer of Nicole. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch
Back