Forensic reports in

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the prosecution could infer from this evidence:

They (the criminalists) find one hair in the trunk of the sunfire usually driven by Casey (but accessed by members of her family). The hair (upon microscopic analysis) is indistinguishable from the hair on Caylee’s hairbrush. Typically, when viewed under a microscope, hairs are easily seen as being different in length, color, thickness, evidence of bleaching, and so on. The hair towards the root shows what is known as a “death band” or dark band that appears when a human dies and decomposition begins. To see “whose” hair it is the remaining “debris” is sent for MtDNA testing. Mitochondrial DNA is DNA that is passed down from female to female (and so Cindy’s mitochondrial DNA would match Casey and Caylee). The mitochondrial DNA comes back as a match to Casey (and Caylee). As Casey and Cindy are alive and accounted for, then it would lead us to believe that Caylee is in fact the donor of the hair and deceased.

Then we have heard about the stink in the trunk. The tow yard guy smelled it and likened it to a suicide he’d smelled previously. George had smelled it and admitted he did not like it at all. Cindy told the 911 operator that there smelled like there was a body in the damn car. I think we can agree that the sunfire was reeking. Air tests are performed by the Body Farm to determine the chemicals in the air of the trunk. The chemicals come back showing: 1) chloroform, 2) evidence of human decomposition (especially in its early stages).

The Body Farm rules *out* the chemicals found during pizza and animal decomposition.
The Body Farm narrows down and focuses only on the chemicals omitted during the human decomposition and they find way over the normal amount in that trunk (to put it lightly). They also run their tests against control samples to see which chemicals are naturally occurring in a sunfire trunk. Their opinion is that there was human decomposition in that sunfire’s trunk. We have heard no evidence of the sunfire being used to transport dead bodies (like a morgue van) or any logical reason for there to be human decomp in there.

It is also noted that the chloroform found (perhaps this was the “stain”) is more concentrated (perhaps this is the wrong term) in the spare tire cover area. Four areas or swatches were tested from the tire cover and they all come up positive for chloroform. The trunk “liner” area shows “consistent with chloroform” which one could assume is a less concentrated or definitive amount. Why would the chloroform be less concentrated in the trunk’s liner but more concentrated on the spare tire and spare tire cover? Perhaps was the trunk cleaned but the spare tire area missed?

So, to sum, we have 1) a hair indistinguishable from Caylee with a death band in the trunk, 2) a stink of decomposition in the trunk, 3) Air tests showing chloroform and evidence of human decomposition, and 4) physical samples showing chloroform on different parts of the trunk. What did I miss?

a 2-year-old child that as not been accounted for in 4 months

Am I reading this right? There was no pizza in the car, rotting or otherwise??? :eek: (page 21-22 of the report in the pdf file)

That's the way I understood it. What happened to the " pizza rotting in the trunk for 11 days, full of magots"

I'm late to this report (just reviewing now)...

When they are talking about anaerobic....are they saying the body was in an oxygen deprived PLACE (i.e. trunk) or referring to MANNER OF DEATH?

I think this is what Casey was doing the days she backed in the garage.

The thing is, I can't find anywhere that confirms KC had access to the house (garage or other). If you recall, CA and at least LA stated they had no idea where KC was for a month. Im thinking if she was scrubbing the trunk out at the house, they would have staked it out. Also the whole money stealing thing- I cant see them letting her have access to potentially their mail, account statements, etc..

The only time I know that is alleged for sure she got in, was on the 30th(potentially) where the contents of her shopping bag came from her parents home. That is also the week GA and CA were going to be on vacay I believe. IIRC, I think CA switched her vacay week a week later, which might be why KC moved the body on the 24th, thinking the two of therm being home for a week and the pending "pavers project" meant that she needed to move her then. She would have no "window" while they were there 24/7.

Besides CA has anyone else read or heard there were maggots in the trunk? I know maggots would not be able to live on a old dried out pizza, but if there were maggots in the bag it would be very telling I would think.

IIRC maggots were present on the outside of the bag of garbage tossed (then retrieved by LE) outside the Amscot.

No I agree with you, I was more referring to if she had placed in the car following drowning, a suit, etc, would contain the chems from the pool and would seep into the liner, imo.. Anyone with a Chem background weigh in!

K - gotcha. FWIW, I don't think she was placed in the trunk immediately following her death, so I'd imagine the question of whether or not any trace amounts of chlorine, etc., would have made it into the trunk depend upon (1) where she was placed/interred initially and (2) how much chlorine would have to remain on her skin following its drying there to show up in the test results.

Wow...one single hair with a death band found in the debris from the left side of the trunk liner. It's amazing to think that one hair from Caylee's head may be all there is to prove that Caylee is dead.

Makes you think someone vaccumed.

I was thinking the same thing!! Get that shop vac from the A's! Oh yeah that trunk was cleaned out and but good.

If you were going to clean out this kind of "debris" (nice code name for Caylee), you wouldn't use your own shop vac. You would go to a car wash and use the handy dandy pay vac.

The pizza was found in a plastic bag that had been removed from the car and thrown into a dumpster close to the Tow Yard. It wasn't found in the car.

I was shocked that there is no mention of the bag the pizza was in. Also that they say there were no maggots. Could analysis of the bag be on a separate report???

Just catching up on today's reports. You are probably right to assume the bag on a separate report. Maybe some of the evidence with held for right now. hard reading with all the scientific jargon.

The thing is, I can't find anywhere that confirms KC had access to the house (garage or other). If you recall, CA and at least LA stated they had no idea where KC was for a month. Im thinking if she was scrubbing the trunk out at the house, they would have staked it out. Also the whole money stealing thing- I cant see them letting her have access to potentially their mail, account statements, etc..

The only time I know that is alleged for sure she got in, was on the 30th(potentially) where the contents of her shopping bag came from her parents home. That is also the week GA and CA were going to be on vacay I believe. IIRC, I think CA switched her vacay week a week later, which might be why KC moved the body on the 24th, thinking the two of therm being home for a week and the pending "pavers project" meant that she needed to move her then. She would have no "window" while they were there 24/7.

well, I agree she may not have had *access* to the house, but she would have at some earlier point in time, so if they determined to deny her access at some point, where's the locksmith's bill for changing the family home's locks? IF GA and/or CA tell LE that they had denied Casey access, hope LE does due diligence on whether or not the locks were changed.

My thoughts on these tests.
Someone definately tried to clean out that car ie because of the one hair found.
The hair on the shovel not being Caseys or Caylees is because that was the neighbors shovel, and was not used in burying Caylee (as I said all along). PS I think Caylees in WATER not buried.
Lastly this evidence may not seem like all that much, but it is enough and keep in mind this is not all the evidence IMO. The rest will come out in trial.

I really have to commend those researchers for such a thorough investigation of that trunk. I was really amazed reading it, how they were not only able to break down the odor composition and pinpoint how much of each was present, but also able to say from the amounts of each chemical just how long approximately the body had been in the trunk. not only is that obviously very scientific and technical work that I could never do, but that Body Farm is absolutely disgusting - I would have probably vomit a lot and have nightmares if I ever went there. It's a dirty job but someone has to study that stuff, and I'm always amazed at what they are able to find from such a small amount of material to work with.

Am I reading this right? There was no pizza in the car, rotting or otherwise??? :eek: (page 21-22 of the report in the pdf file)

The bag with the pizza, maggots, etc. was taken out of the car at the tow yard. So the "chain of evidence" was broken, it was recovered by LE, but the csi's cannot say it was in the car. Although we all know it was.

If you were going to clean out this kind of "debris" (nice code name for Caylee), you wouldn't use your own shop vac. You would go to a car wash and use the handy dandy pay vac.

'xactly. That's always been my favorite answer to the question of "where was Georgie?"

IIRC & i dont even know where to begin to look - whos statement...but one of the A's said that all of them had access to the house all the time by entering the code into the garage door opening panel...

so...anyone think LE might want (in their spare time LOL) to go check out the CARWASH(ES) they believe Casey used??? :eek: :eek: :eek: We know for sure she took TonE's to one for a washing...maybe she likes the same one and frequents it... just a sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties