Formal Sentencing - August 24 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This lady was at the theater with her 2 kids!!!!!!! OMG! Was she shot?

I sure wish I could shush some of those tweeters..Take a break you guys..Your fav got LWOP not DP..NOW go away!! Go get a life!! and stop interrupting the thoughts coming from the victims of Monster's massacre and Evilness...

In short Buzz off hurtful twits! :gaah:

I haven't read any of the tweets. I'm glad too. I reckon I would have something to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

She knows bad people do exist and you can get murdered on your birthday

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

This knowledge was gained on the day she entered the 4th year of her life

#theatershooting

Her kids were curled up on concrete floor

#theatershooting

She couldn’t comfort them during this terror.

#theatershooting

Her 4 year old asked if she liked her birthday because mom is always sad on that day

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
Naria Carbonell, #theatershooting survivors whose had 2 of her kids w/ her: Smells/images of scene r "burned into every cell of our bodies

#theatershooting

No child should ever live with this kind of stuff

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 2m2 minutes ago
Maria Carbonell says her kids will always know “sound of human suffering.” Like others she says #TheaterShooting killer failed in his goal

#theatershooting

She asks JH be given meds for his mental illness so he can live with his actions with clear mind

#theatershooting

Like we do everyday

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
Naria Carbonell, #theatershooting survivor, asks court 2 force Holmes 2 take meds so can "live w/ clear mind & recall what he did. Like us."

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 44s44 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Nicole and Patty Goeke. She was in theater 8. They made it out ok but her life’s never been same

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 50s50 seconds ago
#theatershooting

She always saw best in people. Since then her outlook has changed. Never feels safe

Ms Teesch-Maguire looks exhausted. It can't be easy for her as she's been the one dealing with the victims since the beginning.

I know it's unlikely but can the judge sentence the shooter to death for the attempted murder convictions?

No, he can't, but punishment for attempted murder can be somewhat harsh. Dunno what it is here in Colorado.

In NC, if there are no prior penalty points, the sentence can be from 8 -- 13 years; if the defendant has the maximum number of penalty points, it can be 26 -- 33 years. All gradations in between can be charged, depending on penalty points (penalty points are assigned according to prior convictions). So this could add up to lots and lots of years.

And, IMO, there could never be a sentence given to this defendant that would be too harsh. If the attempted murder penalty adds up to, say 160 years (this is a big figure I just made up as an extreme example), that is not too many, IMHO. If the murder convictions were somehow overturned (never in this case, IMO), then there are the other charges that would be valid and enuff to keep his smirking mouth in prison for a long time. Pile 'em on, I say, pile 'em on.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
Nicole Goeke, who was unharmed in Theater 8, asks court to consider impact #theatershooting had on those who weren't psychically injured

No, he can't, but punishment for attempted murder can be somewhat harsh. Dunno what it is here in Colorado.

In NC, if there are no prior penalty points, the sentence can be from 8 -- 13 years; if the defendant has the maximum number of penalty points, it can be 26 -- 33 years. All gradations in between can be charged, depending on penalty points (penalty points are assigned according to prior convictions). So this could add up to lots and lots of years.

And, IMO, there could never be a sentence given to this defendant that would be too harsh. If the attempted murder penalty adds up to, say 160 years (this is a big figure I just made up as an extreme example), that is not too many, IMHO. If the murder convictions were somehow overturned (never in this case, IMO), then there are the other charges that would be valid and enuff to keep his smirking mouth in prison for a long time. Pile 'em on, I say, pile 'em on.

This is SUCH a good point and bears repeating. Thank you so much for this

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 39s40 seconds ago
#theatershooting

John Larimer’s sister says life is appropriate even though no sentence is really justice for crime

Thank you! It makes sense to have sentences for every single part of this crime to make sure he never walks free again.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 57s57 seconds ago
#theatershooting

His niece was born weeks after the shooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 30s30 seconds ago
#theatershooting

She has PTSD. Her body and mind have changed to intense fight and flight response

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 43s43 seconds ago
#theatershooting

She fears for her children’s safety now more than ever

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 58s59 seconds ago
20 min break in #theatershooting

I wonder how many days of statements there will be. I think someone tweeted sound 100 people will speak.

I need to get a few things done----so I'll follow on Kindle

On break until 330PM their time ( 1030 Maisie time) ..Has anyone kept count on actual impact statements so far?? I gaging at least 25 including the statements made by prosecutors?? Is there an actual count?? My eye's are burning+++ Must try and get some eye drops to soothe them!! Tho unable to even put drops into my own eyes..my biggest disability I've had all my life!! Thank Goodness never had to use contact lenses LOL

On break until 330PM their time ( 1030 Maisie time) ..Has anyone kept count on actual impact statements so far?? I gaging at least 25 including the statements made by prosecutors?? Is there an actual count?? My eye's are burning+++ Must try and get some eye drops to soothe them!! Tho unable to even put drops into my own eyes..my biggest disability I've had all my life!! Thank Goodness never had to use contact lenses LOL

I could never put contacts in! I would freak right out! My daughter wears them and she lost one in the top of her eye once!

I must say that the defense table looks & acts all the same as the criminal! Blank looks, don't care about a thing! I do enjoy that they all have to shut up & stay seated for the first time ever!

I must say that the defense table looks & acts all the same as the criminal! Blank looks, don't care about a thing! I do enjoy that they all have to shut up & stay seated for the first time ever!

Me too although you can see King is itching to object!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7