Formal Sentencing - August 24 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

With respect to victims - we don’t have words to describe what they’ve gone through

The pain, suffering, loss, sadness, grief, confusion, anxiety, anger, bitterness.
That’s because of the way these deaths and injuries were inflicted
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 55s56 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Until this case, i have never seen a police officer or 1st responder break down on stand

Oh My..I don't think I will be able to wait out hearing the sentencing. SO will have to view it on video by croakerqueen. I have to head out shortly for visit with my brother...Ohh Well :gaah:

I guess prison is only comparable to a luxury hotel in AZ, lol.
I can't imagine any prison is pleasant, anywhere, although I get the victim's being bitter that they can never see their love ones again, but the murder's family could visit him, and how unfair that is to them, IMO

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
#TheaterShooting Judge: "No words justify anguish victims & families feel. Victim impact statements were gut-wrenching. I read them all."

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 2m2 minutes ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge: 'I have never had an officer break down on the stand' -
http://bit.ly/7NEWStheatertrial …

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 1m1 minute ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge: 'It is gut-wrenching and heartbreaking to hear the victim impact statements.'
LIVE:http://bit.ly/7NEWStheatertrial

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 45s46 seconds ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge quotes Ashley Moser as saying: 'There is no punishment that could equal even a fraction of the suffering.'

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 50s51 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting Judge quotes victim: "There is no punishment that could equal 1 fraction of what we've experienced as result of his horror"

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting Judge: "That anguish was accomplished by someone who set out to cause mass murder -- to kill as many innocents as possible"

#theatershooting

“no punishment that could equal a fraction of the suffering as a result of JH horrific crime"

#theatershooting

If we subscribe to an eye for an eye mentality, we are no different than the criminal

#TheaterShooting Judge: "Eye-for-eye makes us no different than criminals. It's hard to see thru suffering, but that's why we went 2 trial

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 2m2 minutes ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge says 'If we subscribed to the 'eye for an eye' philosophy we’d be no better than [the gunman.]'

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

How do I go about the other charged? I have to consider the jury’s guilty verdicts

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Law requires me to impose a sentence of life in prison without parole for each deceased victim

#theatershooting

Whatever mental illness he had - a significant component of his conduct had nothing to do with it

#theatershooting

Mental illness and evil are not mutually exclusive

#TheaterShooting Judge agrees w/ DA @GeorgeBrauchler: "Mental illness & evil are not mutually exclusive." Watch live: http://link.kdvr.com/1NHTrf2

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 1m1 minute ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge: ‘It’s hard to see through suffering but that’s why we went to trial.’
LIVE: http://bit.ly/7NEWStheatertrial

I am searching to find out WHO makes the decision in Colorado, where a prisoner will serve his LWOP time. So far not finding much.

My DH said, if many of the victims/families do not want him to serve his time is a prison close to them....that may be the issue. I do not know how many prisons in Colorado 'house' LWOP inmates. All that may come into play.

I did find in one article it mentioned....'where the inmate lived'....so that would indicate to me, CA....close to his folks but that is MO....I am still searching while I listen.

If anyone find out anything please post it. Thanks

Megan Verlee ‏@CPRverlee · 1m1 minute ago
Samour: I agree w DA's comment yesterday, "mental illness and evil are not mutually exclusive." #theatershooting

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 57s57 seconds ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge says the gunman would have killed more people "if he had his way
#theatershooting

He played video games. A few months later, he actually killed people

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 56s56 seconds ago
#theatershooting

In the end, what JH did is unacceptable

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 57s58 seconds ago
Judge: (Holmes) once escaped through video games until he decided to view people in #theatershooting as characters in his video games.

#theatershooting

The jury says he must be held fully accountable
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m2 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting Judge: Holmes had chances 2 better life amid adversity but rejected them. And he didn't just quit, but took others w/ him

#theatershooting

Impossible to comprehend anyone is capable of doing this.

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 1m1 minute ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge quotes victim: 'He took life from hundreds or thousands who are still breathing.'
LIVE: http://bit.ly/7NEWStheatertrial

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 51s51 seconds ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge: 'Many of the young victims in the theater were destined for greatness

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 49s49 seconds ago
#theatershooting

The victims in theater who died were destined for greatness.
They were making this world a better place
Judge names victims

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 53s54 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting Judge: "Victims either had potential 2 make world better or were already doing it. Defendant robbed their families & world"

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 1m1 minute ago
'We will never know what they would have accomplished,’ Aurora #theatershooting judge says of victims.
#theatershooting

Some of you made requests of what the court to order. I can’t order any of those things

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 45s46 seconds ago
#theatershooting

I can’t order him to be placed in a certain facility, take meds, or no visitation

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 32s33 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting judge: I understand some of the victims are disappointed in the outcome. Your healing is not tied to the defendant’s fate.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 36s36 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting Judge quotes victim: "We r still standing. We came together & became something stronger than defendant could ever imagine

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 52s52 seconds ago
Aurora #theatershooting judge reads statement from victim: 'We won. All the survivors and the victims’ families.'

It is so good to hear this judge being candid and what his thoughts are. I love that he is encouraging the victims in their strength and finding it admirable. I hate that we are here at all, but I am so glad that this judge was able to preside over this trial.

I watching the live feed....there are 2 security officers sitting at the entry to the area where the judge/lawyers/felon are. The one officer keeps looking back at the public area. I know he is being watchful, but something must be bothering him as at first he was sitting straight forward. I know there are other security in the public area. Just wondering what is going on.

I am searching to find out WHO makes the decision in Colorado, where a prisoner will serve his LWOP time. So far not finding much.

My DH said, if many of the victims/families do not want him to serve his time is a prison close to them....that may be the issue. I do not know how many prisons in Colorado 'house' LWOP inmates. All that may come into play.

I did find in one article it mentioned....'where the inmate lived'....so that would indicate to me, CA....close to his folks but that is MO....I am still searching while I listen.

If anyone find out anything please post it. Thanks

I wonder if its due to mental health treatment?

So far I have not found a clear cut answer on where the felon will possibly serve his sentence.

DH just said...maybe he will be going to a hospital for further evaluation, sent by corrections...so being given the LWOP, going to the hospital, even if he gets well or finishes being observed, he still has to go back to a prison, but who know where.

I guess we will have to wait and see if the news ever reports it. I do not know if we can ever check his status in the prison system like we can Felon JA in AZ.

Here are two links I have found with some information.

EPC question/answers
http://www.executiveprisonconsultants.com/id59.html

Colorado Felony Sentence Law and Practice Link
http://www.philcherner.com/Articles/cherner2.htm

I watching the live feed....there are 2 security officers sitting at the entry to the area where the judge/lawyers/felon are. The one officer keeps looking back at the public area. I know he is being watchful, but something must be bothering him as at first he was sitting straight forward. I know there are other security in the public area. Just wondering what is going on.

I see what you mean about the security officer looking back - I wonder if something caught his attention in the gallery.
I also noticed Mr King rocking in his chair during while the Judge was addressing the court. I know he can't be looking forward to standing witht the murderer for sentencing, but he must know what to expect, IMO.

I wonder if its due to mental health treatment?

Yes Zoey, that is what DH said. 'That Felon' may be going to a mental hospital or prison for further evaluation and treatment. When that is complete he will be then sent to a prison, but which prison would he go to? I still have not seen anywhere, in any state, that felon, serving LWOP for a state crime, goes to another state to serve their sentence for the crime committed in one state.

This is sure is a question I want an answer to....hope the media picks up on it. I wonder if the victims/families were aware of this statement earlier before the court day started.

I thought the judge might say something directly to the convict, but his words about the actions of this guy, said it all. He doesn't feel the need to tell him directly what he thinks of what he did. He isn't worth speaking to directly, esp. after not wanting to be held accountable by pleading NGRI. Judge is eloquent, as always.

Shooter is standing before the judge for sentencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7