Former President Jimmy Carter has entered into hospice care.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My husband recently watched the documentary "Rock and Roll President" which is about Jimmy Carter. I wasn't home to watch it, but he gave it very good reviews so I thought I'd pass the recommendation along.
I'm pretty sure I saw it on CNN! You could probably get a DVD at the library if it isn't streaming.

My husband recently watched the documentary "Rock and Roll President" which is about Jimmy Carter. I wasn't home to watch it, but he gave it very good reviews so I thought I'd pass the recommendation along.
It was a fun and different campaign, the summer before my senior year in college. Rolling Stone magazine did a cover story on Carter and we were all interested in what he had to say. It was a refreshing break from the drawn out end of the Vietnam war and the corruption of the Nixon/Agnew administration.

While not the greatest President- he ranks #1 in impactful post-presidency and no one else even comes close.
Outlier is a great biography of Jimmie Carter if you're interested. It is available in audiobook too.
Yes, his post-presidency years are inspiring and his bio before his presidency is impressive too:

Congratulations to President Carter on his 100th birthday.
His vital contribution to our national defence is overlooked or forgotten. In the post Vietnam backlash against the military he modernized a balanced military capable of deterring the Soviet Union and China during the cold war.
Inspite of opposition by both parties and many high ranking military commanders he refused to disband the paratroops. He built the highly successful Rapid Deployment Force around his paratroopers. He quietly enhanced Special Operations capabilities. He was the only President I ever saw visit Fort Bragg or other Airborne posts. He was the only President I remember thanking us on behalf of our nation and expressing personal gratitude for our service.
I am grateful we had a President of his integrity during those tumultuous times.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colibri_pi
Back