FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on a news site about an hour ago and just sat here stunned. I am ashamed to say that I didn't think little Lindsay would ever be located after this length of time.

I finally signed up on WS after reading for years back in 2008. Little Caylee Anthony's case was going strong just before Lindsay's disappearance but I still followed Lindsay's case as well. I recognize so many of your names as having been here in the beginning.

I feel such a deep sadness for little Lindsay and her family. While I am grateful she has been located, I am heartbroken she had lain there all alone for that many years.

I am grateful, sad, and furious (at the killer) all at the same time.

No.. Golder. He was looked at when Lindsey first went missing. He lived in McCleary. He worked at the nursing home that was along the street that Lindsey walked home from Makayla's house. He was also following Melissa around one night while she was out looking for Lindsey. I believe he said he went to Eastern Wa that night and was communicating with someone in Eastern Wa. I'm pretty sure the whole story is on the earlier threads of hers. His mom was also at the command center for the search for Lindsey and was acting strangely. I spent many weekends in McCleary search for her. The 3 men in Seattle men that were arrested were said to have a missing person flier of Lindsey's in one of their homes along with child *advertiser censored* and other horrible stuff.

First let me say, today's news is just devastating. I have been here since the beginning and I always held out hope that Lindsey was still alive. REST IN PEACE SWEET ANGEL. This is so heartbreaking.

Now to go back and read what you guys have been discussing today. I remember DG and I remember something about a camp counselor and a trip to eastern WA and I think something about his truck and a car wash. Going to refresh my memory.

I moved this post from #1 POI Dale Golder .Thread link is in the following post from Karenintheclaw back in Oct 6,2009.
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]10-06-2009, 10:25 PM[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]#677[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]karenintheclaw[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]
user-offline.png
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]Registered User[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Join Date[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Oct 2009[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Location[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Enumclaw[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Posts[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]9[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]
quote_icon.png
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold] Originally Posted by [/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]Jules71[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]I agree this should be explored more. We should do a "where was dale" timeline between 6/26 and 8/26 or 8/27. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]6/26/09, 10 pm: Seen by someone by Beehive / gf also states he had to work at 10.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]6/28/09: Returned to work (Youth Camp)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]7/16/09: Ellensburg (sw says gf had to drive him back to ELMA)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]7/17? - 7/20/09: sw says gf stayed with him in MCCLEARY[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]7/31/09: At work (Beehive) stopped by LE after followMB[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-SemiboldItalic]8/26 or 8/27/09 seen at shop by tomato man[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Where is that car?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]To the world, you are one person.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]To a rat you are the[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?89778-POI-Dale-Golder-1/page2[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

I would like to know what DG's behavior has been like since this morning.

Thinking of Eastern Washington. I do believe the killer would have to be someone familiar with the area. Eastern and Western washington are different worlds. I believe it would need to be someone who visits or has visited the area, not just driving through.

Interesting tidbit of information that has my wheels spinning. Dale married that girlfriend SC on June 16, 2012. They divorced on August 7, 2017 (just prior to Lindsey's remains being found).

Background of the case

Videos released in investigation

In May 2010, the Sheriff’s Office released surveillance video from a Shell gas station in McCleary showing a white truck as well as one of a man who went into the convenience store. It was recorded on the night of Baum’s disappearance. According to the Sky Valley Chronicle.

Police said the man was not a suspect, but they wanted to talk to him as well as the people in the truck, a white Honda Ridgeline, to find out if they saw anything that could help with the investigation.

In October 2011, several search warrants were served at the business, storage unit and home of a man who police said was a person of interest in the case. The man's business was on the route Baum would have taken to get home the night she vanished.

In 2012, authorities released surveillance video from a McCleary minimart, also recorded on the night Baum disappeared. Sheriff Scott said they had the video since the start of the investigation, but didn’t want to release it until they could investigate further.

In the video, two women are seen in the market talking to the person of interest who had told police he was not in McCleary the night Baum disappeared, though the video showed otherwise, MyNorthwest said. Police identified and interviewed the women, who turned out to be sisters from the McCleary area.

No arrests were made.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/uncut-surveillance-video-of-truck-for-lindsey-baum/130265070
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Age-progressed photo released in 2013

https://www.kiro7.com/news/lindsey-baums-mother-hopes-new-photo-will-lead-to/140049093

On June 26, 2013, four years to the day when Baum disappeared, an age-progressed photo done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was released showing what Baum would look like at age 13. Baum's mother, Melissa Baum, helped by contributing photos of herself and Lindsey's father when they were roughly the same age.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/new-photo-shows-what-lindsey-baum-missing-2009-wou/246500927

>>RELATED: New photo shows what Lindsey Baum, missing since 2009, would look like today (2013)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Baum would now be 19.

In February 2014, the age-progressed photo was added to Gordon Trucking trailers as part of the Washington State Patrol's Homeward Bound Program.

At that time, posters of Baum at age 10 had been traveling around the country on 10 Gordon Trucking trailers since 2010.

See home video of Lindsey below, then scroll down to continue reading. (see link at end for home video).

Police investigate connection to brothers in child *advertiser censored* investigation
Last summer, the sheriff’s office said it was investigating whether three Seattle brothers who police say collected child *advertiser censored* for decades had any connection to the southwest Washington girl’s disappearance.

Police have not described any connection between Baum and the Seattle brothers.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/co...igation-be-tied-to-missing-children/597121038

>>RELATED: Could brothers in life-long sex abuse investigation be tied to missing children?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The search extended to Shelton, about 30 minutes from McCleary, where the brothers also owned a property. The Emerys' now-deceased brother remained in the Shelton home until 2016.

Shelton property owned by brothers searched last year
Sheriff Rick Scott confirmed to KIRO 7 News that a flier about Baum was found in the Shelton home. The property was searched with cadaver dogs and help from the Department of Homeland Security.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/ca...ton-home-in-sex-abuse-investigation/597578846

>>RELATED: Cadaver dogs will join search of 3 brothers' Shelton home in sex abuse investigation
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“When we heard of the link to the Shelton property, and its proximity to McCleary, and the nature of the paper work they found at the [Seattle home] … We immediately began to see if there’s anything that would link to our investigation,” Scott told KIRO 7 News last August.

So far, no known connection between the brothers and the disappearance of Baum has been found.

There was a $35,000 reward to find Baum.

KIRO 7 Executive Producer Casey McNerthney contributed to this report.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/sheriff-...-of-lindsey-baum-missing-since-2009/747152047

Oh golly. I am so sorry. I apologize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like that man who confessed to Jon Benet's murder. I was working in Bangkok (where he was) at that time and knew a woman who had worked with him, and when the news broke, she said to me 'No, he is a fantasist, he used to tell us stories about being a spy and being rescued from obscure locations by Navy Seals or Israeli operatives'.

Sheriff Press Conference -- take note he invited law enforcement from Mason, Lewis, and Pacific County to attend.

https://www.kiro7.com/video?videoId=130265070&videoVersion=1.0

Maybe those are neighboring counties that may have been lending assistance or support over the years. They did say her remains were founds hundreds of miles from home, and they did say a remote location in eastern Washington. Then the blip that came up on a local news station's FB page about Kittitas County. My gut tells me she was found close to Ellensburg and that they've already looked at the suspect. I hope I'm wrong.

It is a miracle that she was recovered and returned home, after all of this time. May she rest in peace and fly with the angels...Sweet Lindsey:rose:

I would love to see the screen shot that says her remains were found in Kittitas County.

All JMO.

a9adaf7965b833a823e325739350413b.jpg

Hopefully this is allowed as it’s from an official news source. It may have been edited out of the news after as I can’t find it again.

If not please accept my apologies, thank you!

a9adaf7965b833a823e325739350413b.jpg

Hopefully this is allowed as it’s from an official news source. It may have been edited out of the news after as I can’t find it again.

If not please accept my apologies, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I also just noticed the wording "partial remains" which immediately made me think of when DG told SC that Lindsey had been cut into pieces. It looks like he might live in Portland now.

Thank you. I also just noticed the wording "partial remains" which immediately made me think of when DG told SC that Lindsey had been cut into pieces. It looks like he might live in Portland now.

He told his wife that and she stayed married to him?

You can rest now, sweet girl. Justice is coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I'm gonna throw this out here because it's something I've thought about a bit over the years.

Search teams (LE included, i'm sure) really hammered away at both directions of highway 8 & highway 108 leading out of town (all the way to highway 101)

One area that just didn't have the equal search power is Mox Chehalis, generally speaking.

Minus 1-2 public entries to capitol forest much of the east side of Mox Chehalis is privately owned (often open land, but included gated cap. forest access roads) - it was truly inaccessible nearly all the way down to Malone. (minus behind it, capitol forest itself)

The west side of Mox was less of a concern partially because of elevation/terrain. It's not near as inhabited as the east side.

Mox Chehalis is a really long road.

Next would be highway 12, both directions coming out of Malone. This is really an area that just didn't get enough attention.

In the beginning, the Klaas team/Brad did actually focus on some areas on highway 12. There was just so much to comb over closer to town that the later search teams just didn't have the time/power to branch out to these areas as hard.

Both directions of highway 12 need to be looked at. If a team was to be assembled today i'd strongly suggest the lower 1/2 of Mox Chehalis & both directions of 12.

-

I am now just reading this thread since Lindsey's remains have been found and identified...

I wonder if her remains were in the area this poster suggested back in May of 2013?

:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member