FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one has upset me disproportionately. I also feel for her brother who was only a child himself, and went home without her (no blame). I bet that he he will say 'if only' for the rest of his life. Many victims in all these cases.

Rest in peace sweet little girl. May justice come swift.

I believe there is a suspect and he will be arrested very soon. I am wondering if Killer kidnapped Lindsey, to central or eastern WA, and kept her alive for sometime. Or, did Killer take the body on a 3-4 hour trip to bury her. I feel so sorry for Lindsay's mother.

I am hoping Kryon is found soon, and found alive.

I am reading the Dale Golder thread. Where were Lindsey's remains found? By Ellensburg by any chance? According to a post on that thread that I made, Dale was in Ellensburg on 7/16/09. I will keep reading there and be back.

I read up-thread that DG lives in Portland. He must still have ties in MCCleary as he was recently cited by Grays Harbor County Sheriff for not having a valid operator's license. As it wasn't driving with suspended license, I wonder if he's just avoiding getting an Oregon license and trying to "stay out of the system" i.e., keep a low profile.

http://www.thevidette.com/news/public-records-district-court-july-27/

From DATELINE cold case spotlight June 2017:

‘The years keep passing’

There have been more than 40 people who have “held the interest of authorities” over the years. No one has been completely exonerated, yet none have risen to the level of “suspect.” ...Sheriff Scott says more than 20 search warrants have been executed, and nearly 40 polygraph tests have been given in the case over the years.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/col...ington-girl-lindsey-baum-s-mysterious-n599316

From DATELINE cold case spotlight June 2017:

‘The years keep passing’

There have been more than 40 people who have “held the interest of authorities” over the years. No one has been completely exonerated, yet none have risen to the level of “suspect.” ...Sheriff Scott says more than 20 search warrants have been executed, and nearly 40 polygraph tests have been given in the case over the years.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/col...ington-girl-lindsey-baum-s-mysterious-n599316

And how awful is it that LE can identify so many suspects? So many men out there with histories or behavior that make them suspect.

I just logged in! R.I.P Lindsey! I'm so glad you were found. Prayers for her mom, brother, and her little friend. May justice come swift.

I'm really happy the Lindsey's friends and family get to bring her home, but sad because this should of never have happened to her. I feel hopeful that others who've been missing to long will be recovered someday.

Now lets just put Lindseys monster where he belongs.

I hope they’ve also found at least a little something that might tie this to her abductor so justice is done for this family!

Not the typical image that may come to mind for most.

They were primed to find the object that's led this case to moving on once more.

So they were out specifically searching for her or someone else? My heart breaks it took 8 months to ID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is wonderful news. Looks like 2018 is the year that several of these cases are getting solved. Glad to a part of this and hoping that the families get the peace that they have been looking for all these years.

http://people.com/crime/lindsey-baum-update-missing-washington-girl-found-dead/

Sheriff Scott on Thursday said one imminent step would be a forensic examination of the area where Lindsey was found dead. He did not specifically discuss any suspects.

He said Lindsey’s remains were “unknowingly” found in September by hunters in Eastern Washington, after which they were sent to an FBI crime lab for DNA analysis, which confirmed Lindsey’s identity in recent weeks.

The delay was due to the fact that the remains were randomly discovered and did not appear to be linked to an ongoing investigation, so they were not prioritized over other materials at the lab, Scott said.

He declined to identify the exact area where Lindsey was found — beyond noting that it was largely used for hunting, with no one living there — or further describe the condition of her remains. He said that the “vast majority” of questions people were going to have about the case would be unanswerable at this time due to the ongoing investigation.

“We have a location that we can search forensically and that’s being planned for the immediate future in the hopes of finding additional evidence that in a perfect world will point to a suspect,” said Scott.

Police say the area where Lindsey was found is so remote, hunters are the only people who would normally go there.

Now police face a difficult task – figuring out exactly how Lindsey died and search for any clues that could identify the killer.

“It could be anything, quite frankly, from forensic evidence to something that will speak to cause and manner of death,” said Scott. “I mean the gamut is wide open in regard to that.”

Investigators have shared new fliers regarding this case hoping to drum up new tips that could solve the murder.

http://q13fox.com/2018/05/10/sherif...dsey-baum-washington-girl-missing-since-2009/

“We have a location that we can search forensically and that’s being planned for the immediate future in the hopes of finding additional evidence that in a perfect world will point to a suspect,” said Scott.

Police say the area where Lindsey was found is so remote, hunters are the only people who would normally go there.

Now police face a difficult task – figuring out exactly how Lindsey died and search for any clues that could identify the killer.

“It could be anything, quite frankly, from forensic evidence to something that will speak to cause and manner of death,” said Scott. “I mean the gamut is wide open in regard to that.”

Investigators have shared new fliers regarding this case hoping to drum up new tips that could solve the murder.

http://q13fox.com/2018/05/10/sherif...dsey-baum-washington-girl-missing-since-2009/

From the sounds of this, whoever left her out there in the middle of nowhere is quite likely very familiar with the area. That should narrow the suspect pool down considerably.

RIP Lindsey. :rose:

Question for the mods - isn't her tread going to get 'found deceased' added to it? It kept popping up in "today's posts" so I finally checked to see what was going on and read Lindsey's remains have been found and identified.... Was just wondering, because like me a lot of people probably don't have time to follow all cases here, and it's 'nice' (you know what I mean :( ) to see the announcement added when a status changes.

I'm surprised that the remains were not given priority to test since she was only 10 years old. Her bones are juvenile and that should be obvious. JMO

I am now just reading this thread since Lindsey's remains have been found and identified...

I wonder if her remains were in the area this poster suggested back in May of 2013?

:thinking:
Those are all areas that are in and around McCleary where she went missing in the western part of WA state. She was found over the mountains on the eastern side of the state.

Warning ... graphic speculation follows:

Hopefully this is allowed as it’s from an official news source. It may have been edited out of the news after as I can’t find it again.

If not please accept my apologies, thank you!

That news headline reads: "partial" remains... which might be confirmation of DG's having once claimed LB was "dead and dismembered"...

Warning ... graphic speculation follows:

That news headline reads: "partial" remains... which might be confirmation of DG's having once claimed LB was "dead and dismembered"...

Not necessarily. Her bones may have been scavenged and moved around by animals. In the case of Canadian girl Cedrika Provencher, her bones were moved by animals, including her skull. This is another example of a young victim who was hidden in the woods and found by hunters.

Not necessarily. Her bones may have been scavenged and moved around by animals. In the case of Canadian girl Cedrika Provencher, her bones were moved by animals, including her skull. This is another example of a young victim who was hidden in the woods and found by hunters.

My point is to highlight yet-another-potential-piece of the puzzle that could suggest DG as a potential POI / Suspect.

That animals, weather and people could purposefully or inadvertently move crime scene items is a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member