FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is to highlight yet-another-potential-piece of the puzzle that could suggest DG as a potential POI / Suspect.

That animals, weather and people could purposefully or inadvertently move crime scene items is a given.

If she was 145 miles from her original location, you think he would have dismembered her? Maybe.

Regarding the calls in the search warrant. No calls between 9:26 pm on June 26 until 1:11 am, then not again until 6-something am. His car was seen in McCleary near where Lindsey was last seen around 10 pm. This is the perfect amount of time for DG to drive to the Ellensburg area, dispose of her body, and return by the 6 am phone call he made.

To the poster implying that it wasn't your typical "hunters" who found Lindsey and that they may have been looking for something specific, can you elaborate on that more? I can't find any articles about unknown remains found in eastern WA in Sept 2017. What do you know about this? Can you give some further insight?

To the poster implying that it wasn't your typical "hunters" who found Lindsey and that they may have been looking for something specific, can you elaborate on that more? I can't find any articles about unknown remains found in eastern WA in Sept 2017. What do you know about this? Can you give some further insight?

Yes, please! I spent time until the wee hours searching for anything specific using various terms & came up empty. Any hints greatly appreciated, thanks.

This news hit me hard yesterday So heartbroken for Melissa.
Thank God Lindsey has been found.

I'm updating the Case Archive, adding a justice section.Since I no
longer can organize the site, you can see "latest updates" with this link:

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/profile/

Here is Lindsey Baum Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Lindsey Baum -WA-?sort=6&page=1

Latest articles and pics will be on the last few pages, helter skelter, in no particular order.

THANK YOU! to everyone providing links and pics, and good to see everyone back.

DG and SC have FB. Does he have children? Did she have children when they married?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2079576755395400&id=112779115408517&_rdr

News is still available on FB, please do not post screenshots as it is against TOS

Here is also msm
The remains of missing girl Lindsey Baum, who disappeared in 2009, were found in Eastern Washington.

The remains were found in September 2017 by hunters, and Baum was identified through a DNA match in the follow-up investigation.

Baum was 10 years old when she disappeared while walking home from a friend’s house in the small town of McCleary on the night of June 26, 2009. Her disappearance sparked a nationwide investigation.
https://www.kiro7.com/news/sheriff-...-of-lindsey-baum-missing-since-2009/747152047

In the Case Archive, I saved a lot of Dale Golder info. It begins on page 18 (I think).
My apologies for bad quality of my work back then. I was just beginning and had no idea how to give credit, post articles, etc.
Anyways, it is mostly gone from the news sites after all these years and that is why I do what I do.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Lindsey Baum -WA-?sort=6&page=18

You are amazing! Thank you! Everything I have found is no longer available! :facepalm:

RIP Lindsey. :rose:

Question for the mods - isn't her tread going to get 'found deceased' added to it? It kept popping up in "today's posts" so I finally checked to see what was going on and read Lindsey's remains have been found and identified.... Was just wondering, because like me a lot of people probably don't have time to follow all cases here, and it's 'nice' (you know what I mean :( ) to see the announcement added when a status changes.

Tricia or another WS Admin will move Lindsey's entire sub-forum as soon as possible. It's a little more complicated to move an entire forum than it is to move a thread to Located. We'll get it moved as soon as possible. :)

This news hit me hard yesterday So heartbroken for Melissa.
Thank God Lindsey has been found.

I'm updating the Case Archive, adding a justice section.Since I no
longer can organize the site, you can see "latest updates" with this link:

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/profile/

Here is Lindsey Baum Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Lindsey Baum -WA-?sort=6&page=1

Latest articles and pics will be on the last few pages, helter skelter, in no particular order.

THANK YOU! to everyone providing links and pics, and good to see everyone back.

You are awesome AmandaReckonwith!

Tricia or another WS Admin will move Lindsey's entire sub-forum as soon as possible. It's a little more complicated to move an entire forum than it is to move a thread to Located. We'll get it moved as soon as possible. :)

I figured it had to do with the thread being located in a sub-forum. Thanks liltexans, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. :)

Heartbreaking.
At least her family can properly lay her to rest.

The DP is not enough punishment for the perp..... for putting people through this kind of hell for so many years.

If she was 145 miles from her original location, you think he would have dismembered her? Maybe.

From a 2009 FBI report:

According to a 2002 federal study on missing children, 99.8 percent of children reported missing were located or returned home alive. The remaining 0.2 percent either did not return home or were not found. The study estimated that most of missing children cases involved runaways from juvenile facilities and that only an estimated 0.0068 percent were true kidnappings by a stranger. The primary conclusion of the study was that child abductions perpetrated by strangers rarely occur. However, when they do occur, the results can be tragic.

The Washington State Attorney General’s Office also conducted research on child abduction murders and made the following observations based on its review of over 775 cases between 1968 and 2002:

• in 76 percent of the murders of an abducted child, the child was murdered within 3 hours of the abduction;
  • in 89 percent of the cases, the missing child died within 24 hours of disappearing;

• in nearly 60 percent of the cases, more than 2 hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified; and
  • the primary motive for the abductor was sexual assault.

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/FBI/a0908/chapter3.htm

Given the rarity (.0068%) of "true kidnappings" of children and that 76% of murdered abducted children are murdered within 3 hours of the abduction, and in 89% of cases the missing child died within 24 hours of the abduction we might derive to the following speculation:

1) re: 76% of murders of abducted children occur within 3 hours:

Since LB's remains were discovered far across Washington state, we may assume LB was not murdered within 3 hours since the drive time from McCleary to the <unpublished recovery location> would absorb most of or more than 3 hours, depending on how close the location is to Washington state's eastern border.

Since primary motive is sexual assault and given the above speculation, we may safely conclude LB's case likely categorizes to the next statistic point:

2) re: 89% of cases, the child died within 24 hours:

. We can not directly derive from these statistics when the sexual assault occurred in this case because we are no longer bounded within 3 hours... we not only have the 24 hours statistic, we also have almost 9 years between abduction and recovery.

Did assault occur within McCleary or within the <unpublished recovery location>?

Would a perp risk travelling with an awake/unconscious abductee or a deceased abductee in their vehicle?

How long did the perp keep LB alive, less than ~24 hours or was it days? Given what we know (statistics) we should lean toward the at-least-3-hours and the less-than-24-hours time frames.

That's more than enough time to assault and dismember, but why dismember?

Possible Answer: to reduce chances of discovery.

At this point we can not assume LB was recovered fully intact (all bones within immediate discovery location) or partially recovered, where components are scattered randomly between McCleary and <unpublished recovery location>.

I was not able to locate statistics on the condition of recovered body / remains but, we do have the alleged statement by a one-time POI, DG: ~"she's dead and dismembered." That alleged statement, plus the screen-captured headline, "partial remains" steers us toward the possibility.

Given the facts that we have so far regarding where she was found and the info we have on DG, here is my theory:
DG was at a BBQ the day of 5/26/09 which he left at around 9:00pm (his words)shortly before Lindsey would be leaving her friend&#8217;s house. Throughout the day, he texted SC up until 9:26pm when all communications stopped (possible time of abduction). During this timeframe there is a lot of inconsistencies with DG's story and witnesses. DG states that he left the BBQat 9:00pm and went home to watch TV and passed out, and was not in town. Someone stated they saw DG's white Del Sol in front of the Bee Hive retirement center (near the route that Lindsey would have been walking) around10:00pm. DG then stated that that could not have been his car,because he was at work at the youth center (believed to be Black Lake Bible Camp). This would not only contradict his own story of going home and passing out after the BBQ, but this was also refuted by is supervisor at the youth camp, because she stated that DG had been suspended from work during that time. There is also mention (I believe from Lindsey&#8217;s friend) that a manin a white car was following them a little during the day. DG was known to drive a white 1995 Honda Del Sol.

My theory is (of course speculation):

I believe that DG abducted Lindsey around 9:26pm (when communications stopped), and that night he had plenty of time to do whatever a sick *advertiser censored* does. I believe he buried the body somewhere local (perhaps his own tomato garden). Around the middle of July he was probably feeling some heat from the search, and investigation, so he moved the body to Ellensburg (explanation for the 7/16/09 trip there when his car breaks down).

I have a few questions regarding things:

Do we know what happened to his white 1995 Del Sol?

Do we know who he was with at the BBQ (there was mention that a woman there was questioned)?
Did anybody go with him on his trip to Ellensburg on 7/16/09, and what was his reason for the trip?
Was the Bee Hive Retirement home ever searched for evidence? I don&#8217;t think hewould do something with her there due to possible witnesses, but if it isaccurate that his car was there at 10:00pm, then this time frame would definitely be shortly after the abduction occurred.

This article from April 24, 2017 has a quote from Lindsey’s mom I’ve never seen before:
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/04...ing-persons-of-interest-lie-to-investigators/

The quote is a ways down. Here it is:
"There was two incidents in the week prior to her disappearing," said Melissa Baum. "The girls had been up at the park in the bathroom and they said a man came in on them, but then he left and took off on a bike. The other incident was her and her friend said that they thought somebody was following them. A man in a white car."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd