France - 5 shot, 4 dead in French Alps, may have int'l ramifications, 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe the cyclist was the target and the Saad family, collateral damage.

It's possible the assassin didn't see the mom, grandmother, and 4yo in the car, thought the car was abandoned. Shot the cyclist then the father and 7yo came running back, the assassin saw them and shot them all, except the 4yo as the mom was hiding her with her body.

Nope! I think LE should be looking in the backyard of the murders,....... in their own country.

JMHO
fran

I just watched the video. It seems the g/f's dad, or was it his wife and FIL? Anyway, the person who told the cyclist to take that route, said he told him to take a different road and he must have taken a wrong turn.

Yeah, right! :slap:

Seems everyone is saying, not here! One guy even tried to blame the U.S. or Israel! :slap: :slap:

Nope! NO ONE wants to believe the crime was generated on their turf!

JMHO
fran
Its a spy game situation, hence the secrecy. We'll never know unless an Ed Snowden or Bradley Manning sticks his head above the parapet.

CIA and Mossad are possibilities, as are DCRI and MI6.

French don't want to entertain any of that, so want to blame it on a local nut.
I personally am not buying the local nut theory.

MOO and slap me if you will.

I believe the cyclist was the target and the Saad family, collateral damage.

It's possible the assassin didn't see the mom, grandmother, and 4yo in the car, thought the car was abandoned. Shot the cyclist then the father and 7yo came running back, the assassin saw them and shot them all, except the 4yo as the mom was hiding her with her body.

Nope! I think LE should be looking in the backyard of the murders,....... in their own country.

JMHO
fran
Saad, his wife and mother in law have an extremely interesting background.
Look into it if you have the time.
Craig Murray's blog is a good place to start, especially the information that the poster 'bluebird' unearthed.

Saad's wife was a dentist. Look into the shack at the bottom of the garden and what the technical equipment there was capable of.

#Zirconium

I've still never seen anything mentioned in print or heard from 'documentaries that go behind the headlines' talk about the broken and missing part of the roof rack on Al-Hillis' car.

#Zirconiumtubes

Also, the testimony of a farmers wife to the south of Annecy talking about a motorbike going back and forth (a few hours before the shooting) on the remote roads that afternoon and upsetting her cows was kept hush hush.

I think that was the getaway route out of the area.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/10/french-alps-shootings-calls-romania

"We believe the brother was in contact with Romania and we are looking to identify the calls. We would like to know why he was calling people in Romania," Maillaud told the Guardian."We have made an official request to the Romanians to verify the numbers."

Maillaud said so far they had not been traced, but insisted it was not a "firm lead" into the murders. "We are just leaving no stone unturned," he added.

The prosecutor said he was unable to confirm reports in Le Parisien that Mrs Hilli's sister Fadwa al-Saffar also made calls to Romania from her home in Reading.

On Sept 5, 2012 at about 3:45 PM, while the al-Hilli family and SM were being killed, PM was bicycling up the same road. PB was hiking up that road a little behind PM. There are reports that SM passed PM on his bicycle (apparently he was a faster cyclist) and a motorcycle going down the road passed PM just before he came upon the crime scene. Presumably, both vehicles also passed PB as well. From what I can tell, PM (and presumably PB were not passed by the motorcycle going up the road, and neither the Al-Hilli vehicle nor the mystery right-hand drive 4x4 vehicle, that had been reported going up that road perhaps 45 minutes earlier.

The significance of this is that we have two independent witness that can establish that the al-Hilli's and the two possible "assassin" vehicles (if they even exist) arrived at the Lay-by well before SM yet the attack was not initiated until SM had arrived at the scene. This would completely rule out al-Hilli as the only target since there was plenty of time to carry out the assassination before SM arrived on the scene. SM as the intended target would seem even more improbable.

The location of SM's bicycle and body are telling. It is not clear if SM was on his bicycle or on foot when he was shot but the bicycle, all of his blood splatter and his body were very close to the al-Hilli vehicle and well off of the road. Splatter from SM was on the top of al-Hilli and Zeena's shoes; evidence that they were "on foot" and very close to SM when he was shot. Apparently SM was interacting or initiating interaction with the al-Hillis when the shooting began.

This seems to suggest that either the assassin was aware of a planned meeting between al-Hilli and SM and choose to kill them together OR a "deranged" killer choose to include both SM and the al-Hillis in his murder spree. The former would almost certainly involve some sort of spy/espionage/spook action. The later could be a planned mass killing by someone who waited for the right situation or an unplanned outburst. It has occurred to me that al-Hilli may have been engaged in some sort of verbal altercation with a local (who happened to be heavily armed) and SM's intervention somehow triggered the shooting.
Scenarios where either al-Hilli or SM was the target of a planned killing and the other was just in the wrong place at the wrong time just don’t work. The killer was obviously intent on killing both men

http://news.sky.com/story/1107468/alps-murders-man-held-over-al-hilli-killings

Police arrest a 54-year-old man in Surrey over the murders of three members of the same family and a French cyclist near Annecy.

"A man has been arrested over the murder of three members of the same family and a cyclist who were shot dead in the Alps.

Husband and wife Saad and Ikbal al Hilli, Mrs al Hilli's mother Suhaila al Allaf and cyclist Sylvain Mollier were all shot dead near Annecy in September last year.

The couple's two young daughters, aged seven and four at the time, survived the attack on the family's estate car.

Older sibling Zainab was shot in the shoulder and hit in the head by her attacker, but recovered from her injuries.

Her four-year-old sister survived by hiding under her mother's skirt in the back seat of the vehicle.

Police believe Mr Mollier was an innocent bystander, killed because he was passing at the time of the attack on the family."

- Sky News

Sky News confirming it is Saad Al-Hilli's brother Zeid who has been arrested.

ETA: Arrested on conspiracy to commit murder

Does anyone know if the brother managed to obtain that inheritance? I'd hope the surviving child could have at least received her father's share. It will be a great injustice if it is all gone, or gets spent on legal fees.

Reading between the lines in the Telegraph article, it sounds like those calls to Romania were to line up the killers and the Nigerian fellow was hired by Zaid to try to access the father's Swiss bank account.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pklav69
Back