France - 5 shot, 4 dead in French Alps, may have int'l ramifications, 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The key question is if he is the same motorcyclist who was seen by Brett Martin about 5 or 10 minutes before arriving at crime scene. The two forest workers saw the motorcyclist about 3 p.m, (and was strange that if he was the killer, he had shown his face). If he left the area at that time, then he has nothing to do with the crime and certainly can not contribute anything. In that case, another motorcyclist, surely the killer, crossed with Martin.

But If he is the same who was seen by Martin, the mystery would be multiplied by 100, since then, how escaped the killer? The place of the crime is a mousetrap, with only two exits with a vehicle. A witness has said that no vehicle passed through the Col de Chérel (exit to the south) at the time of the crime. And the only other way out was the route towards Bret Martin (north). If the motorcyclist who was seen by Martin was not the killer, how escaped ?, walking?

Moreover, dismiss someone for his professional profile, when they have no idea who could have committed the crime or the motive, ...It is more than daring. How professions are discarded? A doctor yes, a lawyer not, a miner yes, a farmer not ... I am afraid they are being guided by prejudice, and that is very serious when investigation has collapsed completely.

Or they change their way of thinking, or this crime never will be solved.

Hardly the diehard criminal who wants to wipe out all witnesses.

we don't really know his intent. Just because he spoke nicely to officials doesn't mean he is innocent. I am not saying he is guilty, but rather that he should still be kept in mind. And, in fact, LE has said that they may question him further. The original point I was concerned about was the mention of his profession, and that that had been a factor in not considering him a suspect. Anyone of any profession can commit a crime.

When there are no answers to why and who, perhaps it is time to put all the eggs in this questions:

How, when and from where the killer came to the crime site?

How, when and to where he escaped?

Maybe they can not respond directly, but can go puting away options, one by one.

When there are no answers to why and who, perhaps it is time to put all the eggs in this questions:

How, when and from where the killer came to the crime site?

How, when and to where he escaped?

Maybe they can not respond directly, but can go puting away options, one by one.

Oh how I wish we had answers to these questions!

From Jimmycrackcorn's link:

"Former commando 'arrested for taking pictures of home of girls who survived shooting"

"A former soldier was arrested for taking pictures of a ‘safe house’ for two girls orphaned in the Alps Murders bloodbath, it was claimed today."

"Probe: Eric Maillaud, who is leading the probe into the murders of Saad al-Hilli and his family
The man - also described as "special forces" - was stopped and then arrested by British police, telling them he wanted ‘to buy a house in the area’ and had been taking pictures for research purposes."

"The matter stopped there. British law does not allow further investigations," claims Le Parisien, implying that the French were annoyed by this, and wanted to know if the man even had the funds to buy a house."

doesn't matter that it's a tabloid or not the info came right from the head of the probe.

I think I have not explained well. I meant that I believe the "former command" was working for a tabloid. Or maybe he was looking for a house indeed. In any case, I am pretty sure that the British police investigated him, and the proof is that we know that he was a former soldier.

"The matter stopped there. British law does not allow Further investigations,". This is a big nonsense.

And the head of the probe .... is the same that from the very beginning said to look outside France.

A book about the murders:

Amazon Uk

Yesterday they gave the possibility of a preorder on May 29.

I hope: A well documented book, with new information, good arguments and avoiding sensationalism.

I am afraid: The same information we already have, loose and sensationalist arguments and fantastical hypothesis.

The description of the book in Amazon does not give me much hope: nothing new and bizarre hypothesis about Mossad or Saddam. But perhaps this is the work of the publisher...

In a few days we'll know.

The mystery with this case continues. The brother of the Iraqi victim was in the paper recently saying the target was the cyclist and the police know this... I am not convinced.

The mystery with this case continues. The brother of the Iraqi victim was in the paper recently saying the target was the cyclist and the police know this... I am not convinced.

The cyclist is my pick also.

I'm not sure that the target wasn't the al Hilli family, however, it does seem strange that the cyclist was dismissed as a potential target so quickly by French LE. That just doesn't seem right to me.

I also haven't dismissed the "witness" as being involved in some way. Things just seemed too convenient to me.

Former French Foreign Legion soldier who killed himself is 'top of the chain' of suspects in Alps murders of British family

Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ain-suspects-Alps-murders-British-family.html

A former French Foreign Legion soldier who killed himself is 'top of the chain' of suspects in the murder of a British family in the Alps, it has been reported.

Patrice Menegaldo was initially interviewed as a witness after Saad al-Hilli, 50, his wife Ikbal, 47, and her mother Suhaila al-Allaf, 74, were shot dead on a forest road in Chevaline, France in September 2012.

But now it has emerged that Menegaldo, who was found dead last year at the age of 50, has been identified as a 'real suspect' in the murders.

Investigators think he fits the profile of the gunman who carried out the killings and are examining his movements before the massacre unfolded, according to The Sunday Mirror.

The executed family members were discovered in their BMW car by cyclist Brett Martin.

The couple's two young daughters survived the attack, while local cyclist Sylvain Mollier was murdered.

State prosecutor Eric Maillaud told the Sunday Mirror that Menegaldo was from the nearby community of Ugine - where Mr Mollier also lived - and knew the cyclist's partner.

'The hypothesis at the top of the chain for the investigators is a local killing,' he said. 'We have a real suspect. I am referring to the Legionnaire from Ugine.
Here is a middle-aged man who kills himself and to explain his act leaves a letter saying he couldn’t handle being considered a suspect.'
He said Menegaldo had been interviewed as a witness because he knew the family of the cyclist's partner.
Mr Maillaud added: 'Could it, by chance, have been him? Did he regret his actions afterwards and take his own life?'

BBM

It now looks like the cyclist was the intended target after all, and not someone who happened to pass by.

Zaid al Hilli has always maintained that cyclist Mollier was the real target of the attack and claimed that police were covering up for him.

This is fantastic. Eric Maillaud, finally, almost three years later, no longer look to other countries in search of the murder. Well, now the suspect is dead and:

1) He is no longer a danger to anyone, nor may scare tourists and hurt the economy.

2) he is dead and can not defend himself.

He is the ideal suspect. I fear he will be charged with the crimes.

¿Suicide because he regreted his actions? He had psychological problems.

To convince me, they will have to explain HOW.

- How could follow Mollier if witnesses are clear about anyone was following him?

- How could he prepare an ambush if nobody knew, not even Mollier, that he was to be in that place at that time?

I think the only way, highly unlikely, is a casual encounter.

(snipped)

- How could he prepare an ambush if nobody knew, not even Mollier, that he was to be in that place at that time?

From my post #138 of first thread: (after seeing the documentary)

I did learn that Sylvain Mollier, the French cyclist had a baby on the way. He was told to take that road by his girlfriend's father. The girlfriend is an heir to a pharma fortune. Maybe someone did not want him to be around.... I think he was the target. The family in the car was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nch-Alps-may-have-int-l-ramifications-2/page6

I did learn that Sylvain Mollier, the French cyclist had a baby on the way. He was told to take that road by his girlfriend's father. The girlfriend is an heir to a pharma fortune. Maybe someone did not want him to be around.... I think he was the target. The family in the car was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nch-Alps-may-have-int-l-ramifications-2/page6

It is possible, although I consider it unlikely. Let's wait to see the information that comes in the book.

His girlfriend's father was the one who recommended a route, and he is the source for that information.

The recommended route is not the one that took Mollier. Everything indicates that he take the wrong turn.

It is possible that the father of his girlfriend lie, but then, why say that recommended a route?

The road was not suitable for the bicycle of Mollier, reinforcing the idea that he was in the wrong route.

But what is missing is the motive. He was no married and had no access to money from his in-laws.

Perhaps more information in the book about a possible motive on the part of the family.

Anyway, I get the impression that the suspicions of Maillaud go in the direction of a crime of passion, not a motive of money.

The baby had been born in June already and mr Mollier was on paternity leave.

http://www.20minutes.fr/societe/100...iste-tue-pere-famille-discret-victime-oubliee

Unfortunately, the documentary is no longer available... :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back