France France - Cotes d'Azur, 4 Sets of Remains, 'Death to Paedophiles' on 1 skull, Feb'13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could the under 50 yr old have been the pedo and the others , who seem much younger, been the victims? And somehow another person knew this was going on and killed the pedo ? Or .... could the 'death to pedo' be a trick to throw someone off the trail?
Interesting !

The women are said to be in their 30's, so I don't think they could be victims of a pedo.

And I thought about the throwing someone off the trail thing too, but then why put it somewhere where it was probably never going to be found?

Dangit this is driving me nuts! The one bone from each victim is so bizarre!

What a fascinating and macabre case!

OK, my thinking is that it somehow involves prostitution. The murderer is a SK who may be a bit like Eric Newman (I don't use the name he made up for himself). He would have been a poor, young prostitute. In this theory, poor Stephane would have fallen into prostitution or that crowd, too :(

The dead pedophile is the SK's pimp. The women were prostitutes he knew/met.

That's how I get the disparate group of people all together, dead, and only one known missing that we know of. I doubt that the SK thought all of the victims were pedophiles, but they all could have been involved in something that includes that -- by way of prostitution of young folks.

I don't know whether he would have killed the others just because he's a SK or whether he had grievances with each of them. Presumably since he kept trophies (and I do think that's what the bones are), he is just a SK.

I bet the bones were in a chest or box or something. So interesting and sad :( I hope they catch him!

This is one heck of a mistake!!!!!! How could such a thing happen? Bone does not belong to NOT STEPHANE HIRSON!

A MYSTERY over a pile of human bones found off the French Riviera deepened on Monday as investigators said parts of the remains did not belong to a missing Parisian teenager.
Police had in November said DNA tests indicated that the remains of 17-year-old Stephane Hirson - a psychologically disturbed teenager who disappeared from his home near Paris in 1994 - were among the bones of at least four people discovered by an amateur diver in the sea close to the resort of Antibes.
But today the prosecutors' office in Grasse, which is leading a murder investigation into the case, said new tests had disproved that.
The development leaves investigators with few leads in a case that fascinated France after the bones were discovered in February.

More at link:
http://www.news.com.au/world/dna-te...-stephane-hirson/story-fndir2ev-1226784499375

I just dont think he would risk keeping 4 bodies in his possesion while waiting for them to become skeletons .Like most serial killers he prolly just kept going back to the kill site where he had left the 4 bodies and once he could he took the skull and wrote on it

This just dumbfounds me. Has anyone ever heard of such a mistake being made? The DNA an initial match with the mother but not the father?

Quote from article:
Tests based on the DNA of Stephane's mother had initially indicated the bones were his, but later tests on samples taken from his father showed this was not the case

http://news.sky.com/story/1183138/riviera-bones-not-from-missing-stephane-hirson

This just dumbfounds me. Has anyone ever heard of such a mistake being made? The DNA an initial match with the mother but not the father?

Quote from article:
Tests based on the DNA of Stephane's mother had initially indicated the bones were his, but later tests on samples taken from his father showed this was not the case

http://news.sky.com/story/1183138/riviera-bones-not-from-missing-stephane-hirson

It's unbelievable. :facepalm: I have never heard of such a mistake, one would think that they make sure before making such an announcement.

Just based on the sentence you quoted one could think that maybe he had a different father. It sure sounds like it. Very confusing.

What a roller coaster for the mother to go through! I hope there is more to this story, someone with a good command of the French language should go through the media reports.

It's unbelievable. :facepalm: I have never heard of such a mistake, one would think that they make sure before making such an announcement.

Just based on the sentence you quoted one could think that maybe he had a different father. It sure sounds like it. Very confusing.

What a roller coaster for the mother to go through! I hope there is more to this story, someone with a good command of the French language should go through the media reports.

BBM That's what I was thinking! That dad is not really the biological father! Maybe he doesn't KNOW he's not the bio dad. Hmmmm.

I know there were a few people that posted here that spoke french, hopefully they can read some of the French articles that google translate kind of mangles.

La première expertise avait pourtant conclu que l’os correspondait à l’ADN de la mère de Stéphane Hirson "avec une probabilité supérieure à 99,95%". Mais des analyses complémentaires, effectuées avec d’autres échantillons familiaux, dont celui du père, remettent tout en cause et relancent cette énigmatique affaire.
http://www.metronews.fr/nice-cannes...e-hirson-on-repart-a-zero/mmlp!D6G5uk0sYvpno/

According to this the odds that the remains were a match to Stephane's mom are more than 99,95%. But they don't match the father.

JMO but I would reinterview the mother (if she is still alive?) and ask her about skeletons in the familial closets, other relationships, artificial insemination, etc. It seems like quite a coincidence that some other dead person would just accidentally match a missing boy's mother that closely.

http://www.metronews.fr/nice-cannes...e-hirson-on-repart-a-zero/mmlp!D6G5uk0sYvpno/

According to this the odds that the remains were a match to Stephane's mom are more than 99,95%. But they don't match the father.

JMO but I would reinterview the mother (if she is still alive?) and ask her about skeletons in the familial closets, other relationships, artificial insemination, etc. It seems like quite a coincidence that some other dead person would just accidentally match a missing boy's mother that closely.

Thank you Donjeta. The mother IS still alive, and me thinks there may be a family secret she doesn't want known? This is beyond peculiar. So the bone is a match to the mother but not the father so the police announce it is not Stephane, instead of the obvious assumption that most of us are making? I know it must be incredibly painful, but I would want to know the truth.

I have just come across this case and yes it is fascinating and yes it is obvious that it is probably Stephane and dad is not biological dad..........think mum had better spill the beans.

I wonder if there are many unidentified bodies that cannot be matched with DNA to their families because the people who think they are biologically related to the MP aren't really.

A study from Liverpool John Moores University in the UK has found up to 1 in 25 fathers are unknowingly raising another man's child.

The research, reported in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, was drawn from studies of men and women wanting proof of paternity from testing as well as studies based on genetic health screening. The researchers in Liverpool found that rates of cases where a man was not the biological father of his child ranged from 1% in some studies to as much as 30%.
Experts have generally agreed the number of men unknowingly bringing up a child they believe to be their own is below ten per cent. A rate of four percent would mean one in 25 families is affected.

http://menshealth.about.com/od/lifestyle/a/paternity.htm

*Bump*

There doesn't seem to be a single update on this weird and creepy case since 2013/2014. w u t

That is utterly ridiculous. Any 100$ autosomal DNA test will show whether someone is the mother or not. She matches him but it may still be not him? How can that be?
The possible nonpaternity of his father is a different issue... but at least it should be clear from the amount of shared CM if 2 people are related at parents/child level.

Maybe they only did a MtDNA test... not sure why those still are widely used in forensics as you share the same haplogroup with thousands of people...
To illustrate it further, tongue in cheek, I share the same haplogroup with the Cheddar Man and Queen Arnegonde of the Merovingian Empire. Would it help identifying me? Not one bit.

Last edited:

Quote from article:

Well, the DNA from the father would not match to the son, if someone else was the father of the son.

So if the son was the result of an, uh, affair then someone else would be that dna contributor.

All this tells me as a normal non medical person, is that his mother matched the dna, but his dad did not match with his. That opens for his father not being the one who was... How to say this respectfully, the second half of the contribution in his conception.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back