France France - Cotes d'Azur, 4 Sets of Remains, 'Death to Paedophiles' on 1 skull, Feb'13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure this is a serial killer ridding the world of pedophiles just yet. It could be just a sick joke, a delusion or something the person did to throw the investigation off the right track, in case his bone stash gets discovered one day. Maybe he is connected to the inscribed victim somehow?

Watch me fail to be magnanimous here:

I hope this means there's really one less pedo in the world.

This is all really fascinating.. particularly as the other bones seem to be adult, or close enough? I'll be watching this thread for developments.

My first guess is, this is somebody's disposal site, that one of their victims was a known pedo.. and the person responsible hates those, in particular.

From what we've been told the 17 yo victim had not been connected in any way to pedophillia. But back then they probably weren't looking for a connection to that. I'm sure they are now. The pedo death skull was a 50 yo or younger man and we have no other info on him, so he could have been a pedo.

And we know nothing about the two woman except their approximate age of 30.

But it's hard to ignore the pedo connection when you've got a human skull screaming "DEATH TO PAEDOPHILLES" at you.

I wonder I ask one of super sex sleuths nicely if she'd try and find out how Stephane's family searched for him. If they had any leads that could help authorities now. Like miss Plumy!

http://www.atlantico.fr/decryptage/enlevements-disparitions-enfants-105908.html

Here's an interview with his cousin. It says that the police never took it too seriously and there was not much of an investigation and little communication with the family to let them know what if anything they were doing and finding out. The family has tried to search for themselves and written to several organizations asking for help but with few results.

http://www.atlantico.fr/decryptage/enlevements-disparitions-enfants-105908.html

Here's an interview with his cousin. It says that the police never took it too seriously and there was not much of an investigation and little communication with the family to let them know what if anything they were doing and finding out. The family has tried to search for themselves and written to several organizations asking for help but with few results.

LE thought he was just another young teenage "runaway". Doesn't sound like LE did much of anything.

I don't know what to think about the pedo angle either. Two young women, teenage boy, middle-aged man. Such a strange combination of victims.

But then you'd have to assume that the DEATH TO PEADEOPHILES skull had nothing to do with the other remains. That would have to be a pretty big coincidence IMP. Or he could have kept the man for some time after he killed him,waiting for the flesh to fall off, and thrown (assuming he is the killer)killed the man and kept him for some.

Stephane was in the water for 2 decades, skull pedo was in the water for 1 decade.

bbm - where did you read that? I only read that the bones had been in the water for at least a decade, but not that Stephane's bone had been in the water for longer.

Just a few thoughts:

1. Defleshing bones doesn't have to take very long, you can do it by careful boiling/scrubbing..
2. You can get waterproof permanent markers for outdoor use
3. This is a freaky case!

Wonder if whoever did this originally kept the bones as trophies and then had to ditch them for some reason?

Just a few thoughts:

1. Defleshing bones doesn't have to take very long, you can do it by careful boiling/scrubbing..

Wonder if whoever did this originally kept the bones as trophies and then had to ditch them for some reason?

Aha!

The bones may have been saved as "trophies" for a while.... Then dumped...

Interesting theory! :thumb:

I am going back to the hospital angle...

I wonder if these people had all been at the facility for something like recovery from addiction (alcohol/pills/?)...

In recovery programs there is a great deal of group therapy... And the clients have opportunities for revealing very sensitive/intimate parts of their lives...

I wonder if someone preyed on these people who had shared some particular aspect of their lives that offended the perp...

ETA... Or something he really hated about himself...

:dunno:

Just a few thoughts:

Would boiling bones destroy DNA?

Would boiling bones destroy DNA?

I had a google - this was interesting http://archlab.uindy.edu/documents/CleaningBones.pdf (1997)

[/quote]It is preferable to take a DNA or toxicology sample from forensic cases before boiling. Remove and freeze an entire bone (such as a clavicle or a rib) before any processing is started. However, it should be noted that recent research has suggested that boiling may actually increase the eventual
DNA yield, and so retroactive sampling after cleaning has already occurred is feasible.[/quote]

Other papers I found were less certain.

If these four people were all kind together there must have been more than one killer, is my guess. Maybe Stephane simply hitched a ride with them and they got carjacked.

It's just such a random group, ya know? I know not always, but usually a serial killer has a type. I'm thinking they were all killed at the same time as well. Staphane is the one that doesn't seem to belong. Car jacking is a possibility and maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And the pedo skull, it wasn't even as if the killer wanted to make a point by leaving it somewhere where it was likely to be found. In fact, he put it somewhere where it was likely to never be found. But we know they were killed somewhere else and brought there later, if we are assuming they were all killed at the same time.

I had a google - this was interesting http://archlab.uindy.edu/documents/CleaningBones.pdf (1997)
It is preferable to take a DNA or toxicology sample from forensic cases before boiling. Remove and freeze an entire bone (such as a clavicle or a rib) before any processing is started. However, it should be noted that recent research has suggested that boiling may actually increase the eventual
DNA yield, and so retroactive sampling after cleaning has already occurred is feasible.[/quote]

Other papers I found were less certain.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for researching this, :wolf: Dreamer!

Very interesting! :seeya:

It's just such a random group, ya know? I know not always, but usually a serial killer has a type. I'm thinking they were all killed at the same time as well. Staphane is the one that doesn't seem to belong. Car jacking is a possibility and maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And the pedo skull, it wasn't even as if the killer wanted to make a point by leaving it somewhere where it was likely to be found. In fact, he put it somewhere where it was likely to never be found. But we know they were killed somewhere else and brought there later, if we are assuming they were all killed at the same time.

Good point!

the "message" on the skull would be lost to the world when submerged in the ocean/sea......

so... For whom was the message intended?

:dunno:

Found an article with a bit more information:

Although the diver came across the remains in February, an inquiry into "murder, sequestration, abduction, and hiding corpses", opened this week on Wednesday.

Gael Marchand, group commander of the Alpes-Maritimes gendarmes, told the Daily Telegraph : "This place is no marine cemetery where bodies wash up, so this is an exceptional discovery."

Georges Gutierrez, the prosecutor in the inquiry in Grasse, said the probe would "try to discover to whom these bones belonged and if these people were deliberately killed", but that they were :faced with a series of engimas".

Mr Gutierrez said there were a lot of question marks hanging over the inquiry. "Why was just one bone per individual and not more parts of the skeleton?" he said. "This is just one of thousands of questions."

One theory is that the diver has unearthed an underwater cemetery of a serial killer.

Cap d'Antibes is home to one of France's most exclusive hotels, the Hotel Du Cap-Eden-Roc, which accommodates the rich and famous, from aristocracy to movie stars, particularly during the Cannes Film Festival.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/11/07/...h-to-paedophiles-found-french-riviera-seabed/

I haven't been able to find any new information regarding the ongoing inquiry, but I'll keep checking and post as soon as I find anything. This has definitely piqued my curiosity!

Found an article with a bit more information:

Although the diver came across the remains in February, an inquiry into "murder, sequestration, abduction, and hiding corpses", opened this week on Wednesday.

Gael Marchand, group commander of the Alpes-Maritimes gendarmes, told the Daily Telegraph : "This place is no marine cemetery where bodies wash up, so this is an exceptional discovery."

Georges Gutierrez, the prosecutor in the inquiry in Grasse, said the probe would "try to discover to whom these bones belonged and if these people were deliberately killed", but that they were :faced with a series of engimas".

Mr Gutierrez said there were a lot of question marks hanging over the inquiry. "Why was just one bone per individual and not more parts of the skeleton?" he said. "This is just one of thousands of questions."

One theory is that the diver has unearthed an underwater cemetery of a serial killer.

Cap d'Antibes is home to one of France's most exclusive hotels, the Hotel Du Cap-Eden-Roc, which accommodates the rich and famous, from aristocracy to movie stars, particularly during the Cannes Film Festival.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/11/07/...h-to-paedophiles-found-french-riviera-seabed/

I haven't been able to find any new information regarding the ongoing inquiry, but I'll keep checking and post as soon as I find anything. This has definitely piqued my curiosity!

I wonder if there have been people "Gone Missing" historically at the
Cannes Film Festival...

but that the news of these missing persons is kept at a minimum... So as to keep "negative" news from interfering with the tourist trade during the Cannes Film Festival...

Just some thoughts...

rsbm

This is a really good thought, Wolf Dreamer.

Trophies kept in a killer's home is a pretty feasible explanation for why there's only one bone per victim, as well as a possible reason for the message (display, triumph over the victim). As well as why they're all found together like that in a clump - the whole lot dumped in the sea. Maybe the killer was being eyeballed for some other crime and was panicked enough to dispose of the evidence of former ones.

I so hope they find some answers to this, for both curiosity's sake and of course the families of all those people..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back