France France - Cotes d'Azur, 4 Sets of Remains, 'Death to Paedophiles' on 1 skull, Feb'13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now they are saying "at least" four people. More quotes from article:

This is an exceptional case, I've never seen that in my career." The prosecutor of Grasse (Alpes-Maritimes) in charge, George Gutierrez, said Wednesday morning during a press conference that they are human bones belonging to at least four people....
Other human remains have not yet been identified. "All the bones are less than thirty years, the skull was less than fifty years but none is a child" simply said the magistrate. He also said it is too early to tell if they have been abused. The skull has however an inscription "Death to pedophiles" written in indelible ink on the forehead.

http://www.metronews.fr/nice-cannes...ee-sur-un-crane-a-antibes/mmkf!QGW9O17gHSzHg/

http://www.parismatch.com/Actu/Faits-divers/Le-mystere-des-ossements-d-Antibes-535718

According to this article:

I am thinking someone carved a shooting target on his skull and used tattoo ink to write the message.

Have anyone else read this about the shooting target?

Do you think there is something lost in translation here? Read the following paragraph:

A skull on the front door to a disturbing indelible ink inscription: "Death to pedophiles." According to the information of the " Parisien "on the same skull would also designed a shooting target.

What does that mean? A skull on the front door? And by shooting target I'm thinking gunshot wound? So are they saying that's the cause of death?

Do you think there is something lost in translation here? Read the following paragraph:

A skull on the front door to a disturbing indelible ink inscription: "Death to pedophiles." According to the information of the " Parisien "on the same skull would also designed a shooting target.

What does that mean? A skull on the front door? And by shooting target I'm thinking gunshot wound? So are they saying that's the cause of death?

I'm sure something is lost in translation. I read about the "shooting target" in the Norwegian internet papers as well, but no better explanation was given.

Seems like even the journalists are using Google Translate.

I think we have some French Canadian WS members that speak French, I just wish I could remember their names. :blushing: I know the dialects are different but should be close enough to get a better translation than Google, if someone can remember their names and invite them to this thread?

Needless to say... This is one bizarre case! :what:

Thanks, Snoods, for bringing it to our attention! :seeya:

Here are some articles from papers in the UK.

Hirson was reported missing in February 1994, days before his 18th birthday. He had been released from a brief stay in a psychiatric hospital and was due to meet a friend when he disappeared without trace.
A family member told French radio the missing youth had "no reason to be in the Côte d'Azur when he had told his mother he was planning to go to Spain".
"The family has no connections in the south-east" of France, she said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...dophiles-found-in-french-riviera-8927925.html

The skull, discovered by a diver whilst he was searching for urchins, bears a handwritten inscription in indelible marker, which reads: ‘Mort aux pédophiles’ (‘Deathto paedophiles’). Alongside the inscription a mark has been drawn, believed to depict a shooting target.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/07/skull-marked-paedophiles-bones-french-riviera

Mother is still holding out hope...

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but the mom's choice of words, "On the other hand" was probably not the best.:blushing:

Almost spat my coffee all over the screen reading that!

Guessing "front door" is a very poor translation of "forehead" jmo

Okaaayyyy...

Sooo.... In a "nutshell" ...

- 4 Bones were found-

1 humerus -male - ID'd as Stephane Hirson - 17 year old

1 humerus - female

1 jawbone - partial

1 skull - having "Death to Paedophiles" (in indelible black marker) -
and a "Target" displayed on it

- Bones belong to 2 males - 2 females

- All under 30 years of age -except the skull is at/or below 50 years of age

- bones found in water NOT having major tides currents - therefore LE assumes they were placed there - not moved by currents/tides

Just had to get this organized in my lil' ol' brain...

JMO

Yikes! this is beyond bizarre.....

Anyone else think of Natalie Holloway? Still hope of finding her remains in the water if these were there at least a decade and have still legible magic marker writing! Magic, indeed. Could be an ad for them if not so creepy....

Could it be possible that someone found the skull well after the person was killed and then drew stuff on it before it ended up in the ocean or water? Just saying.

Guessing "front door" is a very poor translation of "forehead" jmo

Un crâne porte sur le front une inscription troublante à l’encre indélébile: «Mort aux pédophiles». D’après les informations du «Parisien», sur ce même crâne aurait également été dessinée une cible de tir.

No, it's a mistranslation. Porte may mean door but in this case it's a third person verb form from the verb porter (carry)

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/translate/french-english/porter

More or less this means "the skull carries on the forehead a troubling inscription "death to the pedophiles". According to the Parisien the same skullthere is also a drawing of a shooting target."

I think we have some French Canadian WS members that speak French, I just wish I could remember their names. :blushing: I know the dialects are different but should be close enough to get a better translation than Google, if someone can remember their names and invite them to this thread?

If you can scout any out that would really help! THanks a lot!

Yikes! this is beyond bizarre.....

Anyone else think of Natalie Holloway? Still hope of finding her remains in the water if these were there at least a decade and have still legible magic marker writing! Magic, indeed. Could be an ad for them if not so creepy....

Wow! I didn't even think of Natalie. The mom said that her son was found really far away from where he was originally I'll go back and look at one of the reports and see how many miles from home he really was.

Un crâne porte sur le front une inscription troublante à l’encre indélébile: «Mort aux pédophiles». D’après les informations du «Parisien», sur ce même crâne aurait également été dessinée une cible de tir.

No, it's a mistranslation. Porte may mean door but in this case it's a third person verb form from the verb porter (carry)

More or less this means "the skull carries on the forehead a troubling inscription "death to the pedophiles". According to the Parisien the same skullthere is also a drawing of a shooting target."

Holy cow you speak French, you brilliant Goddess? Can you check in on us every once in a while?

Thanks for your translating powers!

:yourock:

Please stick around!

:seeya:

So many questions running 'round my brain...

- why were these 4 bones "chosen" (if they were).... From all the other bones at the perp's disposal?

- I wonder, too, if the magic marker "message" and target was made independent of the original perp...

- Could the other remains belong to people from Hirson's social/work/? circles?

- were the bones all placed there at the same time? (I imagine forensics could get an estimate of times of immersion into the Cote d'Azure?)

- It will be interesting to see if there were any knife/gun/etc. marks on the bones.

WHERE ARE THE REMAINING BONES OF THESE POOR PEOPLE???

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back