France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All eight attackers died: seven in suicide blasts while the eight — also wearing explosives — was shot by police, according to a senior European intelligence official familiar with the investigation.

French officials have managed to recover fingerprints from at least four of the men, with French, German and other European law enforcement agencies seeking possible matches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl..._paris-blurb-desktoponly1043pm:homepage/story

So Germany decided to reinstate border controls after starting this mess and inviting 1 mil refugees and then INSISTING that other EU countries accept the refugees while threatening non-EU countries (i.e. Switzerland) with penalties if they tried to control their own borders.

Hmph.

Germany, Austria, Slovakia and the Netherlands have all announced that they will reinstate temporary border controls -- breaking from a core tenet of EU policy to keep borders open. These decisions will also create major repercussions for the hundreds of thousands of refugees who continue to seek new lives across central and western Europe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...back-border-controls_55f5ffbfe4b063ecbfa4b23b

If this had happened in Sweden they probably would have tried to cover up the fact they were even from the Middle East. As it is they don't want to publish the photos or origin of ME criminals.
???? If you by this mean the fact that Swedish newspapers don't publish the name and photo of a suspect until there is a guilty verdict in court, it doesn't have anything to do with from where a person is, be it Sweden, the Middle East or the U.S. It has to do with a person is presumed innocent until judged by a court, and not to have his/her life trashed by media before a conviction.

All eight attackers died: seven in suicide blasts while the eight — also wearing explosives — was shot by police, according to a senior European intelligence official familiar with the investigation.

French officials have managed to recover fingerprints from at least four of the men, with French, German and other European law enforcement agencies seeking possible matches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl..._paris-blurb-desktoponly1043pm:homepage/story

Yesterday during the attacks, it was reported a few places that an arrested man said " I am with Isis" ( paraphrasing) . Did that end up being a false report? Because if all attackers are dead, then who was the arrested man? TIA

As human beings, should we just turn our back on refugees? I completely understand that some of the refugees may not be who they appear to be, but at the same time should we just let people who are suffering just go back to where they came from, and let them suffer and die? I'm lost between helping innocent people, and what to do with people coming in who are terrorists. Honestly have no idea what the right thing is, but I can't imagine that most people would want harm to come, and not help innocent people fleeing destruction.

As human beings, should we just turn our backyard on refugees? I completely understand that some of the refugees may not be who they appear to be, but at the same time should we just let people who are suffering just go back to where they came from, and let them suffer and die? I'm lost between helping innocent people, and what to do with people coming in who are terrorists. Honestly have no idea what the right thing is, but I can't imagine that most people would want harm to come, and not help innocent people fleeing destruction.

I wholeheartedly agree.
I'm of Latin background. Have lived in the USA (3 years Miami) and now in Canada for over 25 years. All 5 of us (mom, dad, 2 brothers and i) have worked and gone to school. We are married and have children and are contributing members of society. We dont have a criminal record. I hate to think what would be of us if in the 80s they would have told us that we can't live here because we are Latinos/catholic. It's a very sad world when we categorize someone for the group they belong to.
No, I don't have the answer to the situation.

I wish I could provide a link but I read the article a bit ago. Anyhow Canada is set to accept thousands of Syrian refugees over the next three years. One of the screening criteria to aid in speeding the process up would be accepting those under the age of 18. Viewed as a lesser threat. And now I read one may have been as young as 15 :scared:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/14/exclusive-u-s-targets-isis-in-libya-airstrike.html

"A day after reportedly killing "Jihadi John" in Syria, the Pentagon announced it killed the top ISIS operative in Libya, Wisam al Zubaidi.

The Pentagon announced Saturday a U.S. airstrike killed the leader of ISIS in Libya Abu Nabil, aka Wissam Najm Abd Zayd al Zubaydi.

The announcement confirms The Daily Beast's original report that the U.S. targeted a senior member of the group on Friday, according to two senior U.S. administration officials.

The strike, which was carried out by F-15 aircraft, marks the first time the U.S. has directly gone after ISIS outside of Iraq or Syria.

The strike hit Wisam al Zubaidi, a.k.a. Abu Nabil al Anbarian, an Iraqi national who once led al Qaeda operations in part of Iraq.At some point after that, he moved to eastern Libya to lead ISIS operations there.

The strike in Libya is completely unrelated to the series of terror attacks that took place across Paris Friday night, leaving at least 127 people dead, said the senior official, who was not authorized to speak publicly and therefore requested anonymity."

As human beings, should we just turn our back on refugees? I completely understand that some of the refugees may not be who they appear to be, but at the same time should we just let people who are suffering just go back to where they came from, and let them suffer and die? I'm lost between helping innocent people, and what to do with people coming in who are terrorists. Honestly have no idea what the right thing is, but I can't imagine that most people would want harm to come, and not help innocent people fleeing destruction.

Exactly!
I cannot fathom the lives of most refugees who would have to leave their homeland due to violence. And if we close our doors, it's almost inhuman. But just like you said, these terrorists use this as an advantage for easy access to enter. I don't get why all these terrorists are perfectly brainwashed. They have been killing people for years but what have the gained out of it? Some say their family was killed. So now they are ruining innocent lives instead? Sigh...

....police operations ongoing in Brussels directly linked to the attacks.......a French citizen with a gun arrested at Gatwick ....

As human beings, should we just turn our back on refugees?

If it was really about helping "refugees" then large camps could be built to house them until they can return home. That keeps them safe while containing any terrorists in their midst. It may not be super comfy but if they are fleeing for their lives they should be happy even if they only receive the basic shelter and supplies.

The majority are NOT refugees they are immigrants which is why they pass through several "safe" countries and then demand to enter Germany, Sweden, or another country of their choosing.

....many arrests made in Brussels......directly linked...due to car number plate used in Paris....

IF they were true refugees, NO, I could not turn my back. So far I've seen nothing but well dressed, fit young men with a few women and children thrown in for effect. The only bodies floating off Greece or anywhere else are children. I wonder how that happened.

I used to be a bleeding heart, oh I had sympathy for everyone - until the snake bit me once too often. These people are not all fleeing from war (WE and are allies are doing the bombing), many are moving for economic reasons - they want our homes, money and welfare, things WE worked for, to give to our children and old people.

I've always wanted to ask, and now I will, WHY haven't these people overthrown their own governments? Why haven't they had a civil war? Why should we, who have done all of the above, with great cost to ourselves, take them in and let them out vote and out breed us? Do some of us WANT to become the country these "refugees" are "supposedly" fleeing? I know I don't. I want my country, and some of my ancestors have been here forever, to stay the country WE built. I do NOT want SHARIA laws, I want the freedom the Constitution and Bill of Rights, which some politician wanted to wipe their azz with, to remain the mainstays of our country.

Yeah, I feel sorry for them, if they came to my door I would feed them. Soon enough I fear, we will not be able to feed ourselves. Yeah, I feel sorry for them, but I will protect my own on the soil I was born on and maybe they should find the balls to do the same.

My opinion only

Really a minor point here but in all of this nightmare of a mess these people dont even care of they are caught or die for their so called cause :maddening:

Really a minor point here but in all of this nightmare of a mess these people dont even care of they are caught or die for their so called cause :maddening:

<modsnip> To die for their "cause" makes them a martyr and that has many perks.

WSJ: Paris Attacker With Explosive Vest Was Blocked From Entering Soccer Stadium

http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker-tried-to-enter-paris-stadium-but-was-turned-away-1447520571

At least one of the attackers outside France&#8217;s national soccer stadium had a ticket to the game and attempted to enter the 80,000-person venue, according to a Stade de France security guard who was on duty and French police.

The guard&#8212;who asked to be identified only by his first name, Zouheir&#8212;said the attacker was discovered wearing an explosives vest when he was frisked at the entrance to the stadium about 15 minutes into the game. France was playing an exhibition against Germany inside.

While attempting to back away from security, Zouheir said, the attacker detonated the vest. Zouheir, who was stationed by the players&#8217; tunnel, said he was briefed on the sequence by the security frisking team at the gate.

A police officer confirmed the sequence, adding that police suspect the attacker aimed to detonate his vest inside the stadium in order to provoke a deadly stampede.

BBM

(Do they (suicide bombers) think 72 or 77 virgins or how ever many are waiting for them or has that been proven to be a myth? Just asking, seriously.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd