GUILTY France - Fiona Chafoulais, 5, Clermont-Ferrand, 12 May 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you so much Marynice ! I hope this helps to find her.

So her mom has not had the other baby yet, correct? So shes' heavily pregnant and in jail? tia

Hi Zwiebel, good to see u :)

I have a horrible feeling that this will end the same way as another little French girl a few years ago...mother on TV and in the newspapers pleading and crying for her 5 year old. They found her body in Belgium, just over the border from her home and mother and boyfriend are now locked up for a long time.
I guess I shouldn't be pessimist but this really seems like a copycat disappearance.

Oh my gosh I am so shocked!!! I thought French police would take forever and a day - I'm so sorry! Je suis desolee! and sorry if I've spelt it wrong, I am so happy there has been some progress.

Thank you, Marynice, and Schmae for letting me know. I have French radio and TV here, but can't understand much. I know someone who can though, so will be back with an update soon.

I don't hold out much hope Fiona is still alive. I do hope she can be brought home though, I really do.

Thank you Mods for the arrest banner ! YEA !
It's something and I agree the outcome will likely not be
very miraculous but it is something. It's movement in a case
of a precious , adorable, harmless, innocent angel !
Bring FIONA home !

Dang my French translator (aka DH) is on the phone, to a French person. I'm trying to think up an emergency. I'll try I've set the oven on fire again. That usually works.

I am hoping that the arrests can lead to new information and Fiona being found.

I am hoping that the arrests can lead to new information and Fiona being found.

Thank you for starting this thread ! I was about to PM you , as well, to see
if you heard the news. Hopefully this little doll will be found soon !

Dang my French translator (aka DH) is on the phone, to a French person. I'm trying to think up an emergency. I'll try I've set the oven on fire again. That usually works.

I admire someone who can think on their feet when push comes to shove! :)

It worked. :) I am so naughty, and actually, it was true.

http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-dive...-ferrand-la-mere-et-son-concubin-8276285.html

Summary of this article;

Mom and StepDad were placed under arrest Tuesday, just as the investigation seemed to be slowing.

Cecile, 25, and Berkane "have been in custody since 6.15pm Tuesday", announced prosecutor Pierre Sennes. He refused to specify where they were found, even though the daily paper La Montagne has already claimed they were interrogated in Perpignan. This is where the couple recently moved and where the mother's family lived when Fiona disappeared May 12.

The article then rehashes the fact that authorities refused to issue an abduction alert for Fiona for 48 hours because there was no witness (good, imo! They should be reminded of their foolishness - Fiona is five years old and they suggested she might have 'gone for a walk'!!!)

The article also details how a judge/magistrate ruled that Cecile's rape allegations against the ex she pointed the finger at, were a completely separate issue from Fiona's disappearance. ( I hadn't known that before and find it very interesting. Seems like the judge was suggesting Mom's finger pointing was BS?)

There is a bit more there, but it is all general stuff about Fiona's disappearance we are already very familiar with.

ETA Another summary coming up, from La Montagne.

http://www.lamontagne.fr/auvergne/a...de-a-vue-a-perpignan-mise-a-jour-1703394.html

Summary of this article;

The Mother of Fiona Chafoulais, age five, and her boyfriend, have been taken into custody in Perpignan.

They were taken into custody in Perpignan, where they currently live, and it's not the first time the enquiry has turned towars the region (state) of the Pyrenees Oriental.

Police from Clermont Ferrand have been interrogating the couple since 6.15pm Tuesday. They are also searching the residence in Perpignan. In June, the prosecutor in Clermont Ferrand asked for assistance from police in Perpignan in questioning Fiona's maternal grandmother about verifying the timeline that mom ( Cecile Bourgeon) had given.

The article then goes on to mention the witness who saw Fiona playing on the beach in Perpignan, and the other sightings, and says the prosecutor in CF specifically asked for help from authorities in Perpignan, to 'clarify why Cecile and her boyfriend Berkane Maklouf had moved to Perpignan'.

The strange visit to the doc two days before Fiona disappeared, (where Fiona was not present) asking for permission/sick note for her not to attend school, is also mentioned again.

This is just my personal opinion, but I found it very disturbing the way Fiona's Mom seemed to be trying to supress a smile in all her interviews. Even a smirk. She appeared to be enjoying the media attention but not to be too concerned about her daughter - certainly, she didn't seem to appreciate little Fiona's case being publicised. I was extremely concerned about the welfare of her other child, and the child about to be born. Now, I am a little more reassured.

Our little petite chou may be coming home soon. I hope so. I hope, hope, she is alive. But she needs to come home to love and warmth even if it is from strangers a thousand miles away - whatever the outcome turns out to be.

They are searching the residence in Perpignan - so do they think think Fiona was taken down there?

Here is a map. You can see that Mom and boyfriend travelled from the middlish bit of France, right down to Perpignan, which is really near the border with Spain (the red lines are the border).

I can tell you from personal experience that there are no checks, no border guards there. Perpignan is an ideal place to quickly cross the border into Spain, then drive across Spain and head to Algeria, without being noticed. If you have Algerian nationality, it wouldn't be any problem to go straight from Spain to Algeria, either, where it appears it is difficult for French authorities to gain access to suspects.

It may just be coincidence of course, but I think it's worth noting that both Cecile and her boyfriend seem to have the right to live in Algeria at least, or even have citizenship there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 35
So Fiona never made it to the " park " she was reported missing from ? Is that the feeling you are getting? That seems to be what LE think here. ::(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back