France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, found deceased, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Le Dauphiné Liveblog, Day 4 afternoon

19:33: Cécile Noyer, Arthur's mother, now takes the stand.

Cécile Noyer:

19:37: "I am Arthur's mother. On 13 April 2017 I received a call from the 13th BCA to ask me if he was at home, he was absent at the roll call. I called Didier, Quentin, nobody had any news. On the evening of the 13th, we arrived in Chambéry."

19:44: "The next day when we got up. We saw Arthur's photo in the Dauphiné Libéré, 'a missing soldier' and we burst into tears. The following days, all our friends arrived. The gendarmes did a job... very quickly. Thanks to them, we have all the evidence we have today. We realise this today. A week later, there was a judicial inquiry and we had to hire a lawyer. For eight months, the phone was left switched on... it was hell. So when you tell me (to Lelandais) that you had bad nights after killing Arthur, I'll tell you something else. One day I had a nightmare Arthur was calling me 'mummy come and save me I'm cold'. I woke up but there was no call."

"We came several times to Chambéry, each time I had a knot in my stomach, we were not told much because of the secrecy of the investigation."

7:51pm: "On 18 December, Didier was called and told that someone had been arrested and placed in police custody. A journalist called me and alerted me that Nordahl Lelandais had been taken into custody and that he was the suspect in the Maëlys case."

To Nordahl Lelandais: "When you kill by accident you have the least of guilt. You got rid of his body and continued your life. And you denied everything."

19:55: Cecile Noyer now speaks directly to Nordahl Lelandais. "You stole his life and even his last wishes. He wanted to donate his body to science and be cremated. Even that you stole from him. I have anger in my voice but I am indifferent. In this room there have been many testimonies. Sincere ones. Yesterday we were moved. Yes, Arthur drank barrels, he was 23 years old, he was taking advantage, and he was right."

20:03: "When your friend said 'free your conscience'... you were closing yourself off. There is a physical person but he is cold. I have spoken to your mother and sister. They tell me that they didn't see it coming, but you are the one responsible, the only one. So you're going to have to take responsibility and own up to your actions.

I will end with a word for Arthur. I miss him every day, I won't be able to hold him in my arms, I won't be able to see him grow old, I was forced to bury him, it's horrible. Arthur was a good kid. I didn't realise the impact he had in his everyday life. Because he was humble, he was important to many people. The town of Bourges paid him a beautiful tribute. The new skate park bears his name. The first of his friends had a little boy.... his middle name is Arthur... This is the most beautiful thing. We miss him very much, you have destroyed Arthur's life."

Cécile Noyer is in tears.

BBM

Le Dauphiné Liveblog, Day 4 afternoon

20:08: Now Quentin, Arthur's brother, is speaking.

Quentin Noyer:

"When I hear that the Lelandais family is receiving threats, I find it unfair. Nordahl, you destroyed our lives. How could you look your best friend in the eye yesterday and deny it? You may have locked yourself in your reality but you know the truth. You're gonna have to man up and take charge of your business. I'm sorry I have to say all this.

8:13pm: "My parents instilled in me the best of what is human. Arthur was a simple, joyful person who liked to party. I spent my adolescence with him, with our band of friends, the pirates. He was our captain, he brought us up." [ Cécile Noyer supports her son on the stand.] "The pirates needed a captain and because of you Nordahl, I'm having to pick up the pieces of my mates, my parents and my grandparents. And when you say 'it's not easy', I can tell you it's not easy. You, your life is over, but we have to go on living."

8.22pm: Quentin Noyer asks the court to show the photos of his brother lying outside the nightclub. "Arthur could fall down when he was drunk, yes. It has happened many times that we had to carry one other. When I hear Mr Jakubowicz say that he fell to amuse the audience! Where is the audience in this photo?

The lawyer replies: "If I have offended you, I apologise."

Quentin: "I accept your apology."

20:30: Arthur's grandmother testifies. She wrote a letter to her missing grandson.

Arthur's Grandmother:

"My little Arthur, we had the joy of looking after you when you were a baby during your parents' trips. The day you graduated from high school, you came to tell us and I made noodles with butter that you liked so much. You used to say butter with noodles because I used more butter than your mother. You had many friends. Whenever you could, you came back to your Berry [region]. I remember the moped ride where you drove and I sat on the luggage carrier. And there was that day when you disappeared. Every day I thought you might give us a little sign until that day in December when your mother told us we wouldn't see you ever again. I kiss your picture every day."

To Nordahl Lelandais: "I would like you to tell us the truth. You have taken away someone who was so very dear to us."

8.35pm: The hearing is suspended until 09.00 am tomorrow.

BBM

Friday, May 7th:
*Trial Continues (Day 5) (@ 9am CET) - France – Arthur Noyer (24) (April 11-12, 2017, Chambéry (Savoie); skull found Sept. 7, 2017, id’d in Dec., 2017 & the rest of his bones found Jan. 2018) - *Nordahl Lelandais (34/now 38) questioned (12/18/17) & indicted (12/20/17) with “assassination” (voluntary manslaughter).
Trial began on 5/3/21& will continue thru 5/12/21. Court of Assizes of Savoy with 3 professional magistrates & 6 jurors.
Trial info from May 3 to May 5 (Day 1 thru 3 of trial) reference post #235 here:
Found Deceased - France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017 - #2

May 6th Thursday Day 4 of trial: The president invites Lelandais to speak about the testimony of his friend the previous evening. He does not say a word. Witness: former friend of NL's (met in 2008 ended 2016). She was a victim of revenge *advertiser censored* by NL. Next witness: fellow prisoner who claimed to have received NL's confessions in prison (Sept. 2018).
More info see post #236 here:
Found Deceased - France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017 - #2
Next witness: Former girlfriend of NL (met on dating site in March 2017 to June 2017). Next: NL's last girlfriend. She had an abortion in March, 2017.
More info see post #237 here:
Next witness: A forensic expert scientist will testify by video conference. Photo of Noyer's skull are projected in the courtroom. Two other forensic experts testify re skull & other bones that were found in January 2018. Photo of the skeleton projected in the room. Videos of Noyer on the evening of the events are shown. These are from the RDC & the town of Chambéry.
Photos of the scene in Saint-Baldoph, where Lelandais says the fight occurred, are projected. New videos are projected. The first is a video made in the context of the investigation. It is a professional montage of the investigation. The film mixes elements of the investigation, CCTV footage from the evening of the incident & video of the discovery of the body. Forensic expert on stand. Questioned by Mr. Jakubowicz, Me. Boulloud & Thérèse Brunisso.
More info see post #239 here:
Lelandais will not be heard today about his version of events. The civil parties will now speak. Didier Noyer, Arthur's father, takes the stand. The president questioned Noyer.
More info see post #240 here:
Cécile Noyer, Arthur's mother takes the stand.
More info see post #241 here:
Quentin Noyer, Arthur's brother on stand. And Arthur's grandmother on stand.
More info see post #242 here:
Trial will resume on Friday, May 7th at 9 am.

Also charged for:
*Maëlys De Araujo (9) (Aug. 27, 2017, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère; found Feb. 14, 2018) - *Nordahl Lelandais (34/now 38) arrested (9/3/17) & indicted with murder & kidnapping & forcible confinement of a minor younger than 15; being held in jail. Maleys' DNA found in his car.
*Charged (7/3/17) & indicted (2/27/20) with sexual assault of a minor under 15 yrs re sexual assault on his young cousin (14) during a visit for her father’s funeral, a month before Maëlys’ abduction.
*Indicted (12/7/18) for sexual assault on a minor & recording of child *advertiser censored* images. According to concurring sources, this indictment concerns the sexual touching of a little girl who was four years old at the time of the incident. Abusing his goddaughter, the daughter of a close friend. The video was taken in 2017 before the one where he was seen with his 6-year-old cousin. (NL admitted in particular that he had "for some time" been attracted to children & had pedophilic tendencies. "I didn't really make the difference between a woman and a child," he told the investigating judges).

@ZaZara - no hearing today? Or you are too busy to post what happened today?

:)

There was a hearing today, and I am busy and working on it.
animated-smileys-housekeeping-015.gif

After yesterday's hearing I took a little break during the day, because the testimonies of the family were heavy stuff and I needed to unwind a bit. This trial is so extraordinary, family and friends of the perp urge him to tell the truth, family of the victim goes a long way to protect the family of the perp... the mind boggles. Also, the snitch that no one believed, probably got very near the truth.

Spoiler alert: NL stuck to his story today.

Last edited:
Justice. Meurtre du caporal Noyer : Nordahl Lelandais campe sur sa version des faits

Le Dauphiné Liveblog, Day 5

6:05am: Thursday, for the fourth day of the trial of Nordahl Lelandais, the hearings of witnesses and experts continued for much of the day. But it was the words of the family members of Corporal Arthur Noyer, in the evening, which left their mark. "Sometimes you can run into a real bad guy," said the father. "One day I had a nightmare Arthur was calling me 'mummy come and save me I'm cold'. I woke up but there was no call," the mother said.

"Nordahl, you destroyed our lives. How can you look your best mate in the eye yesterday and deny it? You may have locked yourself in your reality but you know the truth," Quentin, Arthur's brother, asked the accused. You're going to have to man up and take charge of your situation. I'm sorry I have to say all this."

This Friday, Nordahl Lelandais will be questioned on his version of events.

8:25am: Nordahl Lelandais arrives at the court of Savoy in Chambéry, for the fifth day of his trial.

9:26: The hearing begins. Nordahl Lelandais will be questioned.

9:28am: The president François-Xavier Manteaux. "My goal is to make sure that we understand if everything is consistent or if there are elements of inconsistency."

9h31 : President: "Former companions have spoken of pathological liar, impulsiveness. Do you agree?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Pathological liar, I don't know what that means. Yes, sometimes I lied. Impulsivity? Yes, sometimes I got carried away but there was never any violence.

9h38 : President: "When one of them shows you unequivocal text messages about you cheating on her and that you had told her that they were lies..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes... I denied it at the time. I explained later why. I didn't dare tell her that I had deceived her."

President: "In custody you said 'I didn't kill anyone, there was no assassination'. Why?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "It was very hard. I know what an assassination is and Arthur Noyer I never wanted to kill him. Every day they talked about me on TV, everything came out in the press and it was distorted. It was complicated to say that I had killed a man.

President: "Between 12 April 2017 and the end of 2017 nobody talked about you on TV. But you didn't show up at the gendarmerie to say what you had done. Why? There was no media though."

Nordahl Lelandais: "I didn't have the courage. It was very complicated to explain. To come to say 'yes I killed a man'."

9h45 : President: "In police custody, you are asked if it is possible that you had physical contact with the victim? You answer 'I don't know'..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "At the time, I didn't want to admit to the fight.

President: "The evening of the events you contacted a girl..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes, to have a sexual relationship.

President: "You also contacted a man."

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes.... to have a sexual relationship."

President: "You then go to Chambéry. We see you on video walking through the streets. We see you driving around for two hours. What was the aim?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I often came to Chambéry, I had friends. I sometimes came for a drink without any other thought.

President: "Were you looking for friends or girlfriends?

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes, I wanted to continue my evening.

President: "And you know so many people that for two hours you are not seen with anyone?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "It's true that evening, I didn't see anyone.

President: "Need to be with your friends okay. And no need to tell them?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Of course that's what I should have done, I'm aware of that."

President: "This behaviour is consistent with a man who caused the death of a person 36 hours before?

9h52 : President: "In custody, you say 'I had nothing to do with Arthur Noyer and these human remains'. The gendarmes say that you were detached from the facts with a clear neutrality..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "I had difficulty expressing certain feelings, yes."

President: "In January 2018 you were questioned again, the investigating judge gave you new information..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "I came to the truth but I did not know how to explain myself."

President: "Your companion called you (in the visiting room), you said again that you had nothing to do with it. Was that lying again?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "On any channel on TV, they were talking about me, everything was spread out. It blocked me, I couldn't express myself."

President: "When you were in custody in the Maëlys case, there was nothing in the press..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "The press gave everything away immediately.

President: "And why didn't you give everything immediately?

Nordahl Lelandais: "It was too complicated... a bit of cowardice too."

9h59 : President: "In February 2018, you admit to having taken Mr Noyer in your car and you give a version where you had dropped him off before leaving. Was that the truth?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "No, I wanted to come to the truth but I didn't know how to do it."

President: "On 29 March 2018, new interrogation. Does that remind you of anything?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "The day I confessed."

President: "You say you were injured in the eyebrow..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "I wanted to inflate this attack, this fight. It's complicated to explain having taken the life of a young man.

President: "You understand that we wonder where the truth is in your different versions?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "It took me a long time to come to the truth... in stages."

10h02 : President: "His friends and witnesses said on the stand that that evening, Arthur Noyer's goal was to go back to the barracks to sleep. Where is the 13th BCA?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Barby."

President: "Where did you go?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Saint-Baldoph."

President: "Why?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "He asked me."

President: "Everyone said he wanted to go back to his bed. Why Saint-Baldoph?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "...he asked me."

President: "That's your answer... we're writing it down."

10h10 : President: "We have seen the videos of Mr Noyer in the discotheque. He was visibly drunk. Was this person vigorous to throw a punch?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "At that time no."

President: "Do we agree that his death comes quickly after your arrival in Saint-Baldoph?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes."

President: "You turn off your phones because he is dead?"

President: "You say you did CPR to save him. Why didn't you call the emergency services?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I would have liked to have a manual of emotions, I didn't know what to do."

President: "You really didn't know what to do, Mr Lelandais? Were you crying and running around in circles? Didn't you have the idea to call your best friend?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Of course I would have liked to know what to do..."

President: "You didn't know what to do but you still had the presence of mind to turn off your phones. Are we in a panic here?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I don't know... what should one do in a panic?"

10h18 : President: "You never turn off your phones for more than two hours usually. The only two times they stay off longer is that night and in the Maëlys case. Was the aim to go unnoticed to your home?"

President: "What did you do when you arrived at your home?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "From the Marocaz pass, I have no memory."

President: "And later in the evening?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "A movie."

Chairman: "And the film?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Fast and Furious."

President: "And the next day, the 13th?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "The nightclub."

President: "Did you have to go there?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Not an obligation but I had to see people. I was in denial."

President: "Mr Lelandais, can you explain what you did in Saint-Baldoph for two and a half hours on the night of the events?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I drove around in circles to try to drop off the body. I drove along small roads, small paths. I was looking for a discreet place.

President: "Where the body would not be found for a long time? that the cause of death could no longer be determined?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Not at all."

President: "Yet he was just as dead in Saint-Baldoph and in Marocaz. His body could have been found earlier. You heard from his mother yesterday about his last wishes. So why?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "It was too visible a place to dump a dead person."

President: "You wanted to escape your responsibilities?"

10h31 : President: "Why Marocaz?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I knew the road, I had ridden it on my motorbike. I knew that the place was appropriate to leave a body and that it would not be found."

President: "You leave him by the side of the road?"

President: "But you just said that in Saint-Baldoph he was too visible..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "There was a descent. The body slid all the way down."

- The president conducts an excellent interrogation and does not let any inconsistencies pass. -

10h43 : President: "The reconstructions with a dummy showed that he was still visible from the road if you just put him down..."

Nordahl Lelandais: "I was in a panic, I had just killed a man, I was not lucid."

President: "But you still have the lucidity to drive 30 km on a mountain road?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I didn't choose the precise location. At some point I had to put the body down."

President: "How did you place the body in your vehicle?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I took him under my arms. Afterwards I brought his legs in."

President: "How was he dressed?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Light jeans, a T-shirt and a jacket.

President: "We found his jacket with his bones in it. So he had it on him. Why did you say that you had taken his jacket off him?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "It's not an accurate description. It's perhaps incomprehensible. It was to say that I didn't want to dirty the car so I put the jacket over his head.

President: "Did you turn off Arthur Noyer's phone at 4am?

Nordahl Lelandais: "No."

President: "Did you consume cocaine that evening and in what quantity?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes, like every day, in significant quantities."

President: "You didn't admit it before the examining magistrate. Were you lying?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "It was completely stupid... talking about cocaine, there was nothing serious compared to the facts."

10h55 : Nordahl Lelandais: "It was hard to admit that I was a drug addict."

President: "What were the effects of cocaine on you?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "It made me feel good, joyful, it delayed the effects of alcohol."

President: "Did you have any weapons in your vehicle?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "At one time I had a brass knuckle. A Swiss Army knife. When I was 18 I had a telescopic baton."

President: "Mr. Lelandais in the Maëlys case, did you admit to the facts immediately?"

President: "What explanations did you give initially?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "That it was not me."

President: "What explanations did you give when you admitted being involved?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "That I had hit her."

President: "It's the same explanation as for Arthur Noyer."

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes, that I never wanted him dead.

President: "On the night of the Maëlys case, you turn off your phones?"

President: "You leave her in a discreet place where you were sure she would not be found?"

President: "Do you see any similarities in the modus operandi?"

...... President: "Why did you pick up Arthur Noyer that evening and not drop him off wherever he wanted in Barby?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "That evening, he was hitchhiking, I picked him up, I didn't say to myself that he was going to vomit or that his feet were dirty. And he wanted to go to Saint-Baldoph."

President: "Your former cellmate spoke of a sexual purpose."

Nordahl Lelandais: "No, never, not at all."

President: "There is no criminal motive in this case. And many testimonies speak of your heterosexual and homosexual needs. That evening, were you looking for the possibility of a sexual contact with someone?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "My relationships with men or women have always been consensual."

President: "Yes, but that evening, were you looking for a sexual encounter as they say?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "No, not that evening. I was looking for friends."

President: "You are accused of a sexual assault on the daughter of a friend."

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes, but I will explain myself before another court."

11h04 : President: "In 2017, your judicial journey begins in February with an altercation at a car wash and ends in August 2017 with the Maëlys case."

Nordahl Lelandais: "I lost myself in that year. I didn't know what I was doing anymore. My way of life was that, I had no goal. Everything I tried to do fell apart. At some point I just exploded. My life was all about failure."

11h09 : President: "You were the godfather of this girl. Do you know what the parents asked the parish?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "No, but I deduce that they must have asked that I no longer be the godfather."

President: "You have ruined everything, Mr Lelandais, even on a family level."

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes, I am aware of that. I would like to go back. I also ruined the lives of Arthur's family and friends."

11:17: Questioned by the court, Nordahl Lelandais maintains that the motive for the fight was indeed the fact that Arthur Noyer believed that the accused was the thief of his phone.

President: "Why does he blame you for this theft?

Nordahl Lelandais: "I think it's when he's with me and I say to him 'hey your phone'. That must have brought up something negative in him."

The hearing is suspended for 10 minutes.

BBM

11.40: The hearing resumes.

11:46: The president makes Nordahl Lelandais uncomfortable by asking him why, in the Maëlys case, he had told the investigating judge that he had seen Arthur Noyer in a hallucination at the moment when he hit the child. The accused is upset.

11:53: Me Boulloud now questions Nordahl Lelandais. "In September 2017 in the Maëlys case, you responded to the press. What did you say?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "That I had nothing to do with it."

Me Boulloud: "What destination did you give Arthur Noyer?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Saint-Baldoph".

Me Boulloud: "You spent two hours thinking about where you were going to leave the body on the Ronjoux road in Saint-Baldoph. Why?"

Nordahl Lelandais : "I never said that I stayed two hours in this track."

Me Boulloud: "Wouldn't you have put the body further up the pass in Marocaz and not on the side of the road?"

11:57: Me Boulloud: "Did you return to the scene later?"

Me Boulloud: "Yet your phone was in the area. Didn't you put it on aeroplane mode afterwards so that you wouldn't be spotted?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "No, tell me, did I put it on aeroplane mode?"

The lawyer now asks the accused how he put the body in the boot of his car. The exchanges are tense.

12:05: The public prosecutor, Thérèse Brunisso, now takes the floor. She returns to the sexual preferences of the accused and his multiple partners during the year 2017. She asks him to tell more.

Nordahl Lelandais: "With women, normal as a man with a woman. With men, it was an experiment, a game. I was very confused."

Thérèse Brunisso: "On the evening of the facts, you exchange numerous messages with a girlfriend to have a sexual relationship. What are you going to do afterwards in Chambéry? What are you looking for?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I went to a bar."

Thérèse Brunisso: "What do you continue to do afterwards, walking the streets between 1.30 and 3am?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Looking for friends to go for a drink."

12h09 : Therese Brunisso: "At the scene of the fight. There is no reason for him to have asked you to drop him off in Saint-Baldoph. He did not know anyone there."

Nordahl Lelandais: "I did not force him into my vehicle to take him to a place where he did not want to go".

Thérèse Brunisso: "What happens when he realises that you don't take the road to the barracks? That's the real question... but I don't expect an answer from you, otherwise you would have said so already".

12h18 : Thérèse Brunisso: "The car park in Saint-Baldoph where the fight took place is not very credible. This is my analysis.In the Col du Marocaz, the jacket with the bones was not found 5 metres away but behind a boxwood barrier. All the experiments showed that the boxwood barrier could not be passed by the dummy. And the animals did not move the jacket with the bones inside. Which leaves me to consider that the body, you have indeed deposited it in the place where it was found. Do you maintain that you simply deposited the body at the side of the road or did you hide it?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I don't see why I would lie for three metres. If I had pulled him behind the box trees, I would have said so. I made him slide down the slope, that's true."

BBM

12:27: Maître Jakubowicz now questions his client.

He starts with the relationship history of the accused. He emphasises once again that Nordahl Lelandais, although he could be impulsive, was not violent. He is on familiar terms with his client. "On the evening of the facts, it is said that you were prowling the town for a sexual partner."

In the afternoon he had exchanged with his lover: "It was a big sexual desire, we're here to say things as they are, and it doesn't work out. Then he had exchanged with a girlfriend: "An exchange that finally turns into a joke and in the end it's no. And it will be no?"

Me Jakubowicz: "If you have during this evening, a big impulse, and you look for a prey as the prosecution says, do you have any solutions?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes, I have solutions."

Mr Jakubowicz: "If you had a strong sexual urge that evening, could you call your lover or another girlfriend?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes of course."

12h42 : Me Jakubowicz: "On your changes of versions, can you explain the evolution, the progression?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "A desire to talk, I try to talk but there was the press harassing my family."

The lawyer intends to show that his client went through several phases before admitting the facts and giving his version.

Jakubowicz: "Why the Marocaz pass and not the Ronjoux path? Is there still a desire to conceal?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "Yes, counsellor."

Maître Jakubowicz: "In the car park where the fight took place, was there any light that evening?"

Mr Jakubowicz: "Didn't you choose the place to kill poor Arthur Noyer?"

The lawyer underlines the seriousness of the facts accused of his client (Noyer, Maëlys, sexual assaults) during the first half of 2017 but indicates that until then nothing predestined "the cataclysm for you and especially for others. Clearly Nordahl, this is the last opportunity, how could this Nordahl do this? What's going on?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I'm not moving on with my life."

Jakubowicz: "It's a bit light, Nordahl, for Arthur's parents. What is the real trigger? The descent into hell, how do you explain it? The people who are going to judge you must understand.

Nordahl Lelandais: "There is no particular event, it's a chain of events, I lost myself."

Mr Jakubowicz: "Should we be satisfied with that? Fine."

12:56pm: The lawyer now returns to his client's wanderings in the Curial square on the evening of the events. He takes up his back and forth minute by minute.

"Between 2.07am and 2.40am, we don't see you anymore... do you charge your nose?"

Mr Jakubowicz: "From 2 h 40 to 2 h 58 we see you again, what do you do?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I'm looking for friends."

The moment arrives when he comes across Arthur: "Unfortunately for him. Are you sure of where you took him because it's that kind of lies that do you no good?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "At the Rousseau roundabout I am positive" (The gendarmes' dog had sniffed out the trail to another roundabout).

Mr Jakubowicz: "What happens in this vehicle until Saint-Baldoph?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "When I pick him up, he is almost in the middle of the road and is waving at me. He says 'I'm going to Saint-Baldoph'. He's annoyed 'my evening started well but in the end it's a evening'. He even said to me, I remember, 'I would have ended up with a little chick'."

Me Jakubowicz: "There is no sign of the storm that will follow."

Mr Jakubowicz: "Why did you stop at the multipurpose hall?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "That's where he wanted to go."

1.05pm: Mr Jakubowicz takes the readings of the health application of his client's iPhone to try to show that the number of steps is consistent with his version.

Mr Jakubowicz: "Until then you were a good guy. After the fact, why don't you call for help?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "I made the wrong choice.

Me Jakubowicz: "And why do you turn off your phone? That's the choice of thugs. You've gone over the edge, you're in denial?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "That's it.

13h11 : Maître Jakubowicz: "You will have the floor last as the law provides but not like now. You heard yesterday from Arthur's parents, his grandmother. If there is a moment, it is now. Your version is coherent but the prosecution does not believe it. If there is anything more to say, it is now. If there is a sexual motive, it doesn't change anything from a penal point of view. You killed Arthur Noyer, do you have anything else to say?"

Nordahl Lelandais: "What I said is what happened. There was nothing sexual."

The hearing is suspended until 2.30 pm.

BBM

Justice. Meurtre du caporal Noyer : la première semaine du procès de Nordahl Lelandais se termine

Le Dauphiné Liveblog, Day 5 afternoon

14:43: The hearing is resumed.

14:44: A witness is going to testify in court. It is a man who knew Arthur Noyer when he was in business college in Bourges. He came to Chambéry at the time of the disappearance in April 2017, when the family was organizing a search.

14:48: "He was festive as a young person. I come from the south-west. I know how to party". The president asks how he behaved when he was drunk. "I never saw him fight."

The chairman points out: "You said in the hearing 'Arthur drunk at parties is the kind of guy I would avoid'."

The witness: "I take back what I said, he really wasn't a fighter.

Me Boulloud: "The family is sending you a message 'it's not because you are quoted by the defence that you weould no longer be our buddy'."

The defence: "On 21 April 2017 you told the investigators that Arthur was a brawler with alcohol."

The witness: "I misspoke. But yes those were my words. I don't stand by them."

14:51: A soldier from the 13th BCA gives evidence. He was Corporal Noyer's section leader. He had him under his command for two years.

14:54: "He had three successive years Alpha1. That is to say exceptional. He was an extremely good soldier in his military career. He wanted to become a non-commissioned officer and his application was accepted. He had great military skills, he had the mindset. Arthur, he had the confidence of his leaders, the credibility with his leaders. He was part of the backbone and the cohesion of my section.

15:00: "He was not a military bum. He was transparent and that's what I liked about him. The section leader admits that his men on leave liked to party: but I told them 'the next day is dignified and operational'. And with Arthur I never had a problem, hence the concern we had when he didn't return.

3.13pm: The head of the section confirms to the lawyer of the civil parties that he never took his ratings lightly. "Otherwise they would be useless."

Mr Jakubowicz: "You spoke about the importance of ratings in the army.

The platoon leader: "Mine are. If other units do them lightly, it is not my case."

Mr Jakubowicz: "The accused spent time in the army and his ratings were good, whereas he is said to be a bad soldier."

The section leader: "I would have to read them and I will be honest, I will read between the lines."

Mr Jakubowicz: "It worries me about the functioning of our institutions. I take off my robe and I tell you that as a citizen I am worried."

15:15: A new witness takes the stand. He was one of Arthur Noyer's best friends.

15h18: "I knew Arthur at school. We became inseparable. I knew him really well. We were always boys who were not very academic but we were appreciated by the teachers because we had a zest for life.

15:31: "He was smiling, cheerful. We liked human contact. We talked to everyone. When we were partying, he was always joking around. He was very easy to talk to.

The president asked if alcohol changed him?

"He was a happy drunk."

The president asks if the army did him any good?

"Yes, I had never seen him so well in his boots. The army gave him a focus."

When the two friends were partying, they sometimes hitchhiked home.

The president asked the witness about his friend's love life.

"He had romances, it was the period when we were looking for each other. I never saw many girls parade around."

The president: "The term 'I would have liked to go home with a chick' as Mr Lelandais says?"

The witness: "No, that was not part of his vocabulary. He was very much the gentleman."

The witness explains that the period of Arthur Noyer's disappearance was very difficult to live with: "I came directly to Chambéry. At first we thought we would find him 'dead or alive' but I didn't think I would leave Chambéry without finding him. Afterwards you feel powerless. Until one day we found out... and it was like a hammer hitting your head."

"I still consider him a brother and my best friend."

The witness lives in French Polynesia. He came especially for the trial. He refused the video conference.

15:35: A new witness on the stand. A friend of Arthur Noyer.

15:41: "We were very much friends in high school, he was not very academic but he got along with everyone. He was someone with whom I felt good. I had a lot of confidence in him. He was a calm and soothing person." The witness confirms to the chair that the drinking did not make him aggressive or a fighter.

15:47: A new witness takes the stand. She is a girlfriend that Arthur Noyer had known in high school: "He was kind, jovial, put the joy of life everywhere he went. He was very gentle and tender." They dated for a little over two years.

16:05: Mrs Noyer returns to the stand. The president talks to her about her testimony from the previous day: "You regretted the lack of information from the justice system during the investigation. I understand that, but things have changed a lot in the last few years."

The victim's mother wishes to return to an event of 21 April 2017. "I don't want to make a polemic but I want to talk about the facts. At the Challes-les-Eaux gendarmerie, they took our testimonies. It lasted all day. I had indicated that the weekend before his disappearance, Arthur had been approached by a man calling himself a dog handler with his friends. He told me that he had told him off. This does not appear in her statement but she is certain that she told the gendarmes at the time. "I'm not saying it was Lelandais but there were similarities."

16:19: The gendarme who took the statement in Challes-les-Eaux is now giving evidence. "At the time of the events I was part of the Chambéry investigative brigade and now I am in the investigation section. Concerning the hearing of Mrs. Noyer. It was the most important hearing and I was the one who took charge of it. At the time, we had no leads. So we had to put the person at ease and gather as many details as possible (the interview lasted eight hours). We ask an open question so as not to direct the witness and to obtain a free account. Then we ask questions about the details. If I had heard this detail about a dog handler, I would have noted it. The gendarme took out the draft that he had used on the day of the hearing: "The word dog handler does not appear anywhere."

16:32: This first week of the trial of Nordahl Lelandais ends. It has been very intense. The hearing will resume Monday morning at 9 am.

BBM

Monday, May 10th:
*Trial Continues (Day 6) (@ 9am CET) - France – Arthur Noyer (24) (April 11-12, 2017, Chambéry (Savoie); skull found Sept. 7, 2017, id’d in Dec., 2017 & the rest of his bones found Jan. 2018) - *Nordahl Lelandais (34/now 38) questioned (Dec. 18, 2017) & indicted (Dec. 20, 2017) with “assassination” (voluntary manslaughter).
Trial began on May 3, 2021& will continue thru May 12, 2021. Court of Assizes of Savoy with 3 professional magistrates & 6 jurors.
Trial info from May 3 to May 6 (Day 1 thru 4 of trial) reference post #243 here:

May 7th Friday, Day 5 of trial: Lelandais will be questioned on his version of events. The president François-Xavier Manteaux. "My goal is to make sure that we understand if everything is consistent or if there are elements of inconsistency."
More info see post #246 here:
The president makes Lelandais uncomfortable by asking him why, in the Maëlys case, he had told the investigating judge that he had seen Noyer in a hallucination at the moment when he hit the child. The accused is upset. Me Boulloud now questions Lelandais. Now thehe public prosecutor, Thérèse Brunisso questions Lelandais.
More info see post #247 here:
Maître Jakubowicz now questions his client. The lawyer intends to show that his client went through several phases before admitting the facts & giving his version.
More info see post #248 here:
A witness is going to testify. It is a man who knew Noyer when he was in business college in Bourges. He came to Chambéry at the time of the disappearance in April 2017, when the family was organizing a search. Questioned by the president & Me Boulloud. Next witness: A soldier from the 13th BCA gives evidence. He was Corporal Noyer's section leader. He had him under his command for two years. Questioned by Mr. Jakubowicz. Next witness takes the stand. He was one of Noyer's best friends. Questioned by the president. Next witness on the stand. A friend of Noyer from high school. Next witness takes the stand. She is a girlfriend that Noyer had known in high school. Mrs. Noyer returns to the stand. Questioned by the president about her testimony from the previous day. Next witness: the gendarme who took the statement in Challes-les-Eaux from Mrs. Noyer.
More info see post #249 here:
Trial will resume on Monday, May 10th at 9 am.

Also charged/Indicted for:
*Maëlys De Araujo (9) (Aug. 27, 2017, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère; found Feb. 14, 2018) - *Nordahl Lelandais (34/now 38) arrested (Sept. 3, 2017) & indicted with murder & kidnapping & forcible confinement of a minor younger than 15; being held in jail. Maleys' DNA found in his car.
*Charged (July 3, 2017) & indicted (Feb. 27, 2020) with sexual assault of a minor under 15 yrs re sexual assault on his young cousin (14) during a visit for her father’s funeral, a month before Maëlys’ abduction.
*Indicted (Dec. 7, 2018) for sexual assault on a minor & recording of child *advertiser censored* images. According to concurring sources, this indictment concerns the sexual touching of a little girl who was four years old at the time of the incident. Abusing his goddaughter, the daughter of a close friend. The video was taken in 2017 before the one where he was seen with his 6-year-old cousin. (NL admitted in particular that he had "for some time" been attracted to children & had pedophilic tendencies. "I didn't really make the difference between a woman and a child," he told the investigating judges).

Meurtre du caporal Noyer. Procès de Nordahl Lelandais : "Il y a des éléments en faveur d’un acte colérique et d’autres en faveur d’un acte sadique"

Le Dauphiné, Liveblog, Day 6

6:05am: The first week of the Nordahl Lelandais trial ended on Friday. It was a very intense trial and ended with the accused sticking to his version of events. The former dog handler of Domessin has once again denied any intention to kill Arthur Noyer when he delivered the fatal blows in a " struggle ".

The second week of the trial begins this Monday morning with a hearing scheduled to resume today at 9am. A verdict is expected around May 12.

9.11am: The hearing begins this Monday morning.

9.15am: The expert psychologist takes the stand.

9:21: With a colleague, they met nine times Nordahl Lelandais. "At first, he was distant and cold. In command, in control. From the third interview on, he relaxed a little. But he handed out pieces of a puzzle and asked the other to put it together. I didn't speak to him about the facts at first. I spoke to him about his background. At the third interview, he spoke at greater length about the facts, recognising them first for Maëlys. For Arthur, he presented himself as a victim. He said he had been attacked, but he made the remark 'he defended himself well'.
He expresses himself by avoidance, digression, always wanting to give a good image of himself. He has a good relationship with his mother, who presents herself as an unwavering supporter. He says that they both hug each other. His father appears more withdrawn, more absent."

9H31: "The only links with the rest of the family that appear in the exchange, the communication, is with his uncle, also a dog handler. His schooling is mediocre, he has no diploma. He stopped his schooling to join the army. His dog Tyron, he calls him 'the love of his life'. There is something about identifying with the dog that is strong in him. His emotional journey has been difficult to trace. He has many relationships with multiple women. Before his arrest, he would switch from one to another. He recalls an initial anxiety attack in 2006/2007 when he was working in a tunnel. He describes himself as generous, sensitive to injustice and to animals. He has addictions to alcohol and drugs."

9:41: "Has he been assaulted himself? He remains rather evasive and says he has no identifiable trauma, including sexual trauma."

The second expert in the report states:

"After the reconstruction in the Maëlys case, he was assessing what had happened. He is very sensitive to loss and separation. He therefore has a 'secure' attachment to dogs. They are his emotional lifeline so that he never feels emotionally vulnerable. He has a feeling of unreality with the feeling of not being an actor in his life. He talked a lot about his dogs. They represent an unwavering presence. He has a muscular narcissistic cover. He is extremely diverse in his sexual behaviour. On 19 April 2019, he talks about acts of paedophilia on his little cousins. He talks about his attraction to everything new and discovery.

9:48: "On his sexual conduct, he talks about homosexual relations in 2016 for discovery but that he has more pleasure with women. On cross-dressing scenarios, he was quite evasive, he was embarrassed. There is talk of 'fist f*ck*ng' with a dynamic of penetration and destruction. On the act in the Maëlys affair, what is interesting is that he says he had a vision of Arthur Noyer who came back through her. There is a collusion and not a confusion. On the Rorschach (inkblot) test, he is pseudo-normative."

9:57: "He does not tolerate situations of separation where he is in great vulnerability. He presents no clinical evidence of any disorder. He experiences a wound in the narcissistic mode. He is sometimes in overdrive in order to maintain strong moments of tension. He is fusional and passionate and quickly feels disappointed and hurt. Abandonment = internal break-in = collapse."

10:06: "He scrutinises the effects his words may have on the expert. This is common but quite specific with Mr Lelandais."

The Chair: "You spoke of a narcissistic quest. Can you explain?"

Expert: "We all need to be loved. Our life course must allow us to cope with our narcissism. He needs to see himself in the other, to see the effect he has. He has narcissistic chasms that he sees in a more or less confused way.

The Chairman: "This is relatively common in the human race?

Expert: "Yes, but in him it is more risky."

BBM

Le Dauphiné Liveblog Day 6

10:22: President. "His mother told us that the father was absent in education and communication. Does this have an impact?"

Expert: "What appeared to me was that there was no discussion in this family. He doesn't talk about exchanges, discussions, arguments. The dogs are objects of consolation and reassurance. His break with the army is a big disappointment, a big narcissistic wound.

10:35: "This link to dogs is singular. There is an identification."

President: "This aspect of his personality, his sociability and his close ties with certain friends."

Expert: "Underneath this appearance, this veneer, there is a much less organised personality. He never built anything if you look at it carefully."

Chairman: "His quest for sexual relations?

Expert: "He always has to check that he is alive. He consumes women, men, children... well if it's proven.

Chairman: "What is narcissistic collapse?

Expert: "A world is collapsing. There is something of chaos. After the confession for Maëlys, he is overwhelmed by memories. Physically he is down, he cries. He told me he was touched by Maëlys' parents, by Arthur's parents. There are no more walls to hold on to".

President: "His total denial in the beginning. Was it because he was hiding or because of a desire to conceal?

Expert: "It's a bit of both. He tried to preserve himself as much as possible at the narcissistic level. It's on both registers that it was played out."

10:44: President. "When he turns off his phones after the fact, he is in command and control. Can you say that without being subjective?

Expert: "It's necessarily subjective, it depends on what he tells us."

President: During the investigation, he often said that he apologised to Maëlys and Arthur. He also did so during the trial. You also spoke of tears that came without warning?

Expert: "I found this episode very detached from affect. It was like pushing a button. He often speaks of the movie Truman Show where the character has a life that is not his own."

10H54 :

President: "In 2016/2017 he has sexual relationships with women, men and apparently of a paedophile nature."

Expert: "He says it because of the discovery. Perhaps he needs to confront experiences never before known."

President: "He often blames the media for blocking him from confessing while he was watching them in his cell."

Expert: "He thrived on it. He was at the centre of discussions, it was narcissistic."

Me Boulloud asks: "Is the recourse to sexual aggression a way of eradicating his emotional vulnerability?"

Expert: "The return to sex, yes. But sexual assault, I don't know. In the pieces I've seen, the relationships were consensual."

11H08 :

Me Boulloud: "He says he identifies with dogs. Is he dominant?"

Expert: "He is a permanent narcissistic rescue".

Me Boulloud: "Nordahl Lelandais says he panicked. How long does the state of panic generally last?"

Expert: "Panic situations are extreme situations. It all depends on the stress thresholds."

Me Boulloud: "When you admit that you are faced with an objective element, how can you explain it in psychology? Is it manipulation?"

Expert : "Lying is how he works. It is in the dissimulation. He plays and deceives himself. He waits for us to bring proof. He has a lot of trouble speaking on his own behalf."

Mr Boulloud: "Can someone who constructs a truth and continues to maintain it, one day get out of it?"

Expert: "Since he has acknowledged the facts, he is more likely to be telling the truth."

BBM

11H18 :

For the defence, Me Jakubowicz: "We finally hear professionals talking about the personality of the accused having met him, that changes. But when we hear you (the two experts) we sometimes have the impression that you are not in phase."

The lawyer points out that one of the two experts only met the accused when he was in the medical unit of the prison.

To one of the experts: "I'm sorry, we have the impression madam, that you do not like Nordahl Lelandais."

Response: "An expert is not there to like or dislike. I don't share your opinion at all."

Me Jakubowicz: "You indicate at one point that he seems to be slowed down by the drug treatment. What could be the consequences?"

Answer: "He was perfectly able to respond. If I had had the slightest doubt, I would have postponed the interview.

11H30 :

Me Jakubowicz: "When he cries (confession for Maëlys) is it fake or is it sincere?"

Expert: "He was in another place, full of anguish. He had to come to terms with it. He said he thought a lot about Maëlys' family and the Noyer family. I have the impression that it was sincere."

Jakubowicz: "Did the army suit his personality?"

Expert: "Yes, it allowed an organisation on a narcissistic level."

Mr Jakubowicz: "What is your opinion about his account of the facts and that he regretted it?

Expert: "It's true that he said it but I don't know if he meant it."

11H48 :

Mr Jakubowicz: "The question of the lie. There is his truth and there is the truth. And there is the path to the truth. Is there anything that corresponds to his narcissistic flaw? Because to acknowledge is to sink."

Expert: "I think he announces facts as the evidence is brought in. He can give information as high as he is able to bear."

Mr Jakubowicz: "In your opinion, does he have an asocial personality?

Expert: "I wouldn't say asocial, but as soon as he has a dependency, there is a great vulnerability."

Mr Jakubowicz: "Does he have a violent personality?"

Expert: "The facts are violent but he said he never got into a fight before the meeting with Arthur Noyer.

Mr Jakubowicz: "How do you see the difference with the presentation made by the media? Does it fit with the man you saw? Did you see a monster?

Expert: "Nordahl Lelandais, he is a human being. I try to listen to the subject. I didn't have my eyes and ears closed during the case, but I took some distance. The dogs bark, the carriages go by.

The hearing was suspended until 12.10 pm.

BBM

12:15: The hearing continues. A psychiatrist is giving evidence. He was referred to in the context of the Maëlys case. This involves a panel of experts.

12:19: The experts met him in three phases. The expert begins with the last interview, during which he no longer showed depressive symptoms. Mr Jakubowicz indicates that he does not agree. Only one of the pieces of this report, ordered for the Maëlys case, was added to the Noyer case. The expert indicates that he will take this into account when he takes the stand.

12:27: The psychiatrist returns to a passage where Nordahl Lelandais had spoken at length on the question of his supposed Viking origins. On the question of Tyron, his dog: "An interview had to be interrupted, because he was crying so much." The psychiatrist is currently detailing the biography of the accused.

12:37: "When we ask him about his emotional life, we get very smooth answers".'

On his criminal record, the accused explained to the expert that he was in no way an actor (in the case of the theft and burning of the restaurant where he had worked).

On his sexuality: "He says that until the age of 34 he had only heterosexuality. In 2016, he was attracted by the fact of receiving caresses from a man. But he does not describe any situation of coercion and violence."

On the facts: "On Arthur Noyer, he says that on 11 April 2017, he had picked him up (he then tells his version). 'I didn't want to kill him, then I panicked'. He never talks about sexual relations at the initiative of either of them."

The psychiatrist refers to the facts of the Maëlys case and draws a parallel with the Noyer case. Me Jakubowicz interrupts him: "You should not talk about this second report."

12H51 :

On the psychiatric condition: "He never expressed any reluctance to talk to us. But most of the answers are very uninformative. We are confronted with a succession of events on which there is no emotion. He does not present himself as antisocial. He does not describe any major emotional deficiency within the intrafamilial or extrafamilial environment. Nevertheless, there is a great deal of vulnerability."

On the depressive and suicidal state, the expert indicates that when the accused was in the prison medical unit, the risk was significant. "In his particular case, when he opens up, he risks collapsing. And if he closes, there is no way forward. He has a manipulative dimension, he guides the interview".

The expert explains that the accused has a tendency to conflict and instability.

12:55: "The stories about Corporal Noyer and Maëlys are quite similar and evoke an accident. He did not have a mental illness that could alter his judgement. His dangerousness is not psychiatric but criminological."

13:07: The president asks to explain the difference between mental pathologies and personality disorders.

Expert: "Mental illness can lead to delusions of persecution. And this delusion can be at the origin of the facts. The accused is not in this situation.

Cases of a balanced personality. The child will grow up capable of having sufficiently satisfying experiences to face the major challenges of life.

Cases of personality disorders. This man (Lelandais) does not show any signs of psychosis whatsoever."

13:17: "We did not think that Mr Lelandais was covering up for utilitarian purposes (lesser prison sentences) his covering up is narcissistic self-protection. He risks going too far wrong if he gives too much away. During childhood and adolescence, he developed strategies to try to be okay. But it never worked. There is a thrill-seeking nature to his attempts to feel good.

As far as the facts are concerned, he doesn't talk about his motivations. We don't know if there is a sexual motivation or not. We don't know if the death has a sexual purpose or not. We don't know if the beating is to relieve internal tension or is related to anger against him or her. We don't know if on top of the anger, there would be revenge."

13:25: "What is striking about him is that he does not talk about his emotional life. There are elements in favour of an angry act and others in favour of a sadistic act.

13:33: "Around 2016, there is a shift in thrill-seeking. There is an increase in three dimensions, frequency, intensity and duration".

The president: "On the day of the events, he has contacts with his lover, with a sexual partner, which do not lead to anything. We then see him in the streets of Chambéry. What do you see there?"

Answer: "We see a stressed person who has invasive experiences. But we have difficulty in understanding the objective reasons behind it.

1.52pm: The psychiatrist, who details the framework of the care order measures, mentions "the prospects of care limited by the strength of the conflict and the fact that talking about his feelings does not relieve him."

Mr Boulloud reiterated what Nordahl Lelandais had said to the psychiatric experts, mentioning hallucinations at the time of the events. The lawyer for the Noyer family asked the expert if these remarks were credible or if they were "manipulation."

The expert was categorical: "These words have no relation to the delusional words of someone who has presented an acute psychotic disorder."

"Manipulation exists insofar as he tries to control all the interviews we have had with him," the psychiatrist says. "But if there is manipulation, it is to avoid collapsing. Not to escape a sentence," the practitioner says.

14:02: The psychiatrist mentions the risk of suicide. "However, he did not commit suicide...", Me Boulloud reminds him.

The doctor's response: "He did not commit suicide because it simply stopped there. If evidence arrived for something else, the risk of collapse would be immense."

Me Boulloud: "When we offer him the opportunity to tell the truth, he doesn't take it...".

The psychiatrist: "Emotional disclosure is too dangerous for Mr Lelandais. Even if those close to him try to convince him. That is the power of the disconnect"

2.05pm: The psychiatrist regrets "that he did not take advantage of the opportunity he was given twice to meet a psychiatrist, an addictologist or a psychologist" when he left the army in 2005 or after his conviction for destruction by dangerous means in 2009. "We might not be there today," said the expert, who believes that "a real therapeutic encounter could have taken place."

2.11pm: On questioning by the prosecutor general Thérèse Brunisso, the psychiatrist, basing himself on the statements of the accused, affirms that Nordahl Lelandais "did not present depressive disorders" in 2017. "There was, however, a search for thrills that began to increase," he said.

14H27 :

Mr Jakubowicz: "Did you get the impression that he wanted to make himself look insane?"

Expert: "Yes, but we don't think that he was hiding for utilitarian purposes. There is a risk of depressive collapse."

Mr Jakubowicz: "You spoke of the difference between an angry act and a sadistic act.

The expert details again before the court, according to the medical literature, what is the origin of an angry act or a sadistic act. Me Jakubowicz ticks off boxes and grapples with the expert: "Excuse me, but we are only modest lawyers". For the expert, it is useless to put a quantitative figure on the situation.

14H34 :

Mr Jakubowicz: "Can you indicate the difference between psychiatric dangerousness and criminal dangerousness?

Expert: "Psychiatric dangerousness comes from a psychological illness. Mr Lelandais does not have a mental illness. His criminal dangerousness comes from his vulnerability and the facts."

Jakubowicz: "We will hear from a second panel of experts this afternoon, which concludes the opposite. This deserves an explanation. I would like the morning expert to be able to attend.

The expert who is currently testifying indicates that he will be present this afternoon.

14:40: Nordahl Lelandais is invited to react. "I have developed a lot about my life with the experts and when I listen to them, I say nothing. If I had known that by repeating my 4th year I had to go and see a shrink, I would have done it. About dogs, it's just a passion since I was a kid.

The hearing is suspended. It will continue at 4pm.

BBM

Procès de Nordahl Lelandais / En direct. Meurtre d'Arthur Noyer : un expert décrit un Lelandais sans remords, ni culpabilité, des images de la reconstitution projetées

Le Dauphiné Liveblog Day 6, afternoon

16:06: The hearing resumes

A new psychiatrist will give evidence.

This is a co-expertise with another psychiatrist. The expertise concerns only the Noyer case. He met N. Lelandais in 2018, in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier and at Vinatier.

16:22: "Mr. Lelandais is a normally intelligent man", according to the expert

The mission: to assess the mental state at the time of the facts and to assess the dangerousness and whether treatment would be useful.

"On his mental state, Mr Lelandais is a normally intelligent man."

"On mental illness, he is certainly not depressed and does not have bipolar disorder."

"When I see him the second time, he tells me that he is delirious and has hallucinations. That Maëlys had attacked him and that he had seen something monstrous in Arthur Noyer's eyes. But the schizophrenia does not hold.

"The dissociative state does not hold either. He couldn't have done all the things he did afterwards, like turning off his phone."

16:36: For the expert, the accused was indeed "capable of discerning good from evil".

On his personality: "There are mixed personality disorders. He has an intolerance to frustration, difficulties in having stable relationships, in having a stable job. As for his criminal record, he has no sense of guilt.

"On lying, on the practical level, he can lie".

"Affabulation means embellishing reality. And the mythomaniac ends up believing it. We can see this in Mr. Lelandais' way of telling his life story, such as when he talks about overseas operations in the army when he has not done any."

The feeling of emptiness in him: "He filled his life with very little".

On perversion: "We no longer speak of perversion but of paraphilia. It's pathological if you create harm and if there is non-consent. What we see is that he can have very fusional relationships but that he cannot bear abandonment. The other person is for him a sexual object or someone who allows him to exist.

"He was well able to discern good from evil."

16:47: "There is a very high risk of reoffending."

On his dangerousness: "There is an important factor on the clinical level. In order not to be subjective, we use statistical tools. There is a very high risk of recidivism."

His capacity to evolve: "In the context of a socio-judicial follow-up, care is justified. He seems to be able to have emotions but only when this leads him back to his own prejudice".

"We don't get the impression that he can access shame or guilt. This is due to his defence mechanisms. He is able to shield himself from the suffering of others.

16:57: According to the expert, the facts reproached to Lelandais "can not be related to a psychotic or dissociative element"

According to the expert, the facts of which Lelandais is accused "cannot be linked to a psychotic or dissociative factor."

A dissociative element is possible when he was at the Vinatier (Hospital of Bron where Lelandais was interned in the psychiatric department for several months), "he was talked about everywhere, he could have gone crazy," but not at the time of the events.

17:15: "There is an absence of empathy" in Lelandais

"He also has a psychopathic dimension when he gets angry at the Vinatier and when he breaks everything and threatens."

"I have only seen him twice but I have not seen him have genuine emotions when he talks about the facts. There is an absence of empathy."

The president spoke to him about the psychological collapse developed by the first expert this morning.

"The lack of empathy, I see it, and not only when he talks about Mr Noyer. Also when he talks about his former partners whom he may have made suffer. "

"He likes to give a good image of himself, even if it means falsifying some elements of reality. We see it in the testimonies that can be very good about him.

17:25: "No mental illness" but "a personality disorder"

- President: "You talk about psychiatric dangerousness while saying that he does not have a mental illness.

- Expert: "He doesn't have an illness in the sense of psychosis but he has a personality disorder."

- Mr Boulloud: "This morning, your colleague spoke of panic at the moment of the killing and that in the army, he had learned to reorganise himself. How long can this state of panic last? "

- Expert: "His behaviour is very appropriate for someone who panics. But how long it lasts I don't know.

- Advocate General Thérèse Brunisso: "Is there such a thing as criminal or psychotic dangerousness? "

- Expert: "Yes."

BBM

17:32: The defence lawyer questions the psychiatric expert

- Alain Jakubowicz: "How long does an examination last? "
- Expert: "On average 50 minutes. I take 1h30."
- Alain Jakubowicz: "So you saw him three times between 50 minutes and 1h30?
- Expert: "We also know the file. At Vinatier, it was complicated to see him.
- Alain Jakubowicz: "Is psychiatry a science? "
- Expert: "I won't answer this question, Counsellor. I am first and foremost a doctor, trained in psychiatry.

- Alain Jakubowicz: "Did you say that he had a problem with military adaptation? That he had been discharged from the army as a P4, can you confirm that? What was the result of this?" The lawyer does not have the same reading of Nordahl Lelandais' military file.

[ P4 indicates the current and prolonged presence of personality and adaptation disorders that are definitely incompatible with the continuation of military service. ]

17:40: Alain Jakubowicz tries to destabilise the expert

- Alain Jakubowicz: "Do you know why he left the army, it's you who wrote it? It is because he himself asked for the termination of his contract.
- Expert: "If I wrote it, it was in his file, but he was indeed a P4.

- Alain Jakubowicz: "On his inability to have a stable affective relationship. How would you describe a relationship between a man in his thirties and a woman for three years?
- Expert: "He has a borderline side, he needs the other to exist. He has two types of relationship. He can be fusional. He can also have very casual relationships."

- Alain Jakubowicz: "You suggest that he only has booty calls and that he cannot have a stable relationship. This is not the reality. "
- Expert: "It depends on what you call stability. What allows me to say that if there is instability, it's that it ends badly.".

- Alain Jakubowicz: "This is not a demolition job, Mr. Expert, but I try to take a step back.

17:46: Tense exchanges between Nordahl Lelandais' lawyer and the psychiatric expert

The exchanges are very tense between the lawyer of Nordahl Lelandais and the psychiatric expert: "You are peremptory, you know everything. What allows you to assert everything you say? "

17:58: The defence lawyer continues to question the expert

- Alain Jakubowicz: "Empathy, Mr Expert. You say that he is capable of feeling sadness as when he evokes his mother's accident or the death of his dogs. And you say that he has no bodily manifestation when evoking Maëlys or Corporal Noyer. Can you show us this bodily manifestation, I am looking at you! "

- Expert: "A feeling one has can be positive or negative. Nordahl Lelandais can have feelings. But the physical manifestations are something else. When he talks about his dogs with negative feelings, he has these physical manifestations. But I didn't see it during the three hours of interview about Maëlys and Artur Noyer."

18:05: The expert who testified this morning returns to the stand

The expert who testified this morning now returns to the bar next to the expert of the afternoon

- Alain Jakubowicz: "You draw conclusions, which in my opinion are opposite, on psychiatric dangerousness. I'm sorry, but there's nothing there."

- The morning expert: "I heard my colleague testify and I can say that we agree on the substance but not on the form. If we had been appointed co-experts, we would have agreed on the term psychiatric dangerousness and we would have come to the same conclusions."

- Alain Jakubowicz: "I don't mind being told that it's a problem of definition, but I'm told that it's a case-by-case issue and that we should agree on the terms first. We learn at all ages.

18:13: Jakubowicz returns to the confession of Nordahl Lelandais in the case of Arthur Noyer

- Me Jakubowicz: "Unlike the Maëlys case where there was evidence, in our case he made spontaneous confessions."

- The expert: "There were still evidences in the investigation emerging in the meantime. But perhaps he was advised by his counsel. Maybe he wanted to free himself from something. Or perhaps he wanted to adapt to the new evidence of the investigation."

18:18: The psychiatric report ordered in the Maëlys procedure is read

The reading of the psychiatric report commissioned in the Maëlys procedure again provokes a reaction from Mr Jakubowicz, who does not formalise any incident but reserves the right to react later.

18:25:
The hearing is suspended for 15 minutes.

BBM

18:40: "The experts are not in disagreement at all", according to the lawyer for the civil parties

For Me Boulloud, "the experts are not in discordance at all". This Tuesday, during his plea, he intends to expose the version of facts, according to the family Noyer. " In my opinion, he was not killed in Saint-Baldoph but just before."

18:46: The hearing has been resumed

18:50: Images of the reconstruction projected

Images of the reconstruction are projected at the request of the prosecution.

19:14: "What I told you is what happened. I apologise once again", Lelandais invited to speak

Nordahl Lelandais is invited to speak by the president of the court:

"For me, some things like the lack of empathy, it's not true. I will never have enough remorse for the family of Arthur Noyer. Every day I work with the health workers. I read a lot about Buddhist teachings. "

- The president: "Do you want to say one last thing? "

- Nordahl Lelandais: "What I told you is what happened. I apologise once again.

- Mr Boulloud: "Your apologies, the family hears them like big slaps in the face."

19:20: Lelandais must take an exam in June

On his conditions of incarceration, he has visits from his mother and his new girlfriend.

There have been no incidents since his incarceration three and a half years ago.

He is enrolled in correspondence courses. He is due to take the exam in June.

19:23: Lelandais receives the visit of a woman in prison

Jakubowicz said: "It is not a companion but an older woman who wrote to him and shows him her support.

Nordahl Lelandais: "We write to each other, we see each other, it takes me out of my isolation.

19:25: The hearing is suspended

The hearing is suspended. Court will resume tomorrow at 9 am with the pleas and the closing arguments of the attorney general.

Tuesday, May 11th:
*Trial Continues (Day 7) (@ 9am CET) - France – Arthur Noyer (24) (April 11-12, 2017, Chambéry (Savoie); skull found Sept. 7, 2017, id’d in Dec., 2017 & the rest of his bones found Jan. 2018) - *Nordahl Lelandais (34/now 38) questioned (Dec. 18, 2017) & indicted (Dec. 20, 2017) with “assassination” (voluntary manslaughter).
Trial began on May 3, 2021& will continue thru May 12, 2021. Court of Assizes of Savoy with 3 professional magistrates & 6 jurors.
Trial info from May 3 to May 7 (Day 1 thru 5 of trial) reference post #250 here:

May 10th Monday, Day 6 of trial: The expert psychologist takes the stand. Met Lelandais 9 times with his colleague. Also report read from second expert.
More info see post #251 here:
Experts continued testimony. The president, chairman & Me Boulloud do questioning.
More info see post #252 here:
Experts continue testimony. Me. Jakubowicz does questioning.
More info see post #253 here:
A psychiatrist gave evidence. He was referred to in the context of the Maëlys case. This involves a panel of experts. The experts met NL in three phases. Questioned by Mr. Jakubowicz, president, Mr. Boulloud & by the prosecutor general Thérèse Brunisso.
More info see post #254 here:
A new psychiatrist gave evidence. The expertise concerns only the Noyer case. Saw NL 3 times for about 1 hour & 30 mins. each time. Questioned by the president, Mr. Boulloud & Advocate General Thérèse Brunisso.
More info see post #255 here:
Psychiatrist continues testifying. Questioned by Mr. Jakubowicz, defense. The expert who testified this morning returns to the stand & questioned by Mr. Jakubowicz. The psychiatric report ordered in the Maëlys procedure are read.
More info see post #256 here:
Lelandais questioned. Images of the reconstruction are projected at the request of the prosecution. Questioned by president, Mr. Boulloud & Mr. Jakubowicz.
More info see post #257 here:
Court will resume tomorrow, May 11th at 9 am with the pleas & the closing arguments of the attorney general.

Also charged/Indicted for:
*Maëlys De Araujo (9) (Aug. 27, 2017, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, Isère; found Feb. 14, 2018) - *Nordahl Lelandais (34/now 38) arrested (Sept. 3, 2017) & indicted with murder & kidnapping & forcible confinement of a minor younger than 15; being held in jail. Maleys' DNA found in his car.
*Charged (July 3, 2017) & indicted (Feb. 27, 2020) with sexual assault of a minor under 15 yrs re sexual assault on his young cousin (14) during a visit for her father’s funeral, a month before Maëlys’ abduction.
*Indicted (Dec. 7, 2018) for sexual assault on a minor & recording of child *advertiser censored* images. According to concurring sources, this indictment concerns the sexual touching of a little girl who was four years old at the time of the incident. Abusing his goddaughter, the daughter of a close friend. The video was taken in 2017 before the one where he was seen with his 6-year-old cousin. (NL admitted in particular that he had "for some time" been attracted to children & had pedophilic tendencies. "I didn't really make the difference between a woman and a child," he told the investigating judges).

Trial against Nordahl Lelandais: “It is someone who consumes, men, women, children …”, explains a psychiatrist - ScoopCube

1620657495_image.jpg

May 10, 2021
The Basics The second week of the trial of Nordahl Lelandais, tried in 2017 for the murder of Arthur Noyer, began on Monday with a hearing from experienced psychologists who were able to try to build the defendant’s psychological profile. You describe a complex personality.

Oops, that is a big bowl full of word soup! Are you sure this is a serious source? 'able to try to build'..... eeh.... o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879
Back