Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHILE MAËLYS REMAINS UNTRACEABLE, THE SUSPECT'S BROTHER DENOUNCES "A PERSUCTION BY THE JUDICIARY AND THE MEDIA"

Le Dauphine
http://www.ledauphine.com/faits-divers/2017/09/15/sven-lelandais-mon-frere-est-innocent-a-100

While Nordahl Lelandais, 34, the main suspect in Maëlys' disappearance, has been in pre-trial detention since 3 September, his elder brother, Sven Lelandais, spoke in the columns of the Dauphiné Libéré. This 36-year-old man, who continues to claim the innocence of his younger brother, denounces what he considers to be a judicial and media hunt since the beginning of the case:"My brother is 100% innocent. One day, he will be cleared of all suspicions and I will take him away from here, to another continent if necessary. "

"He can't have taken the little girl in an hour, showered, changed and returned to the wedding. The gendarmes should also look elsewhere instead of chasing my brother. There were ten persons among the guests in this wedding who were registered as sexual offenders. And they weren't friends of Nordahl," he says.

BBM

More to come, the entire interview is published in the paper version first.

WHILE MAËLYS REMAINS UNTRACEABLE, THE SUSPECT'S BROTHER DENOUNCES "A PERSUCTION BY THE JUDICIARY AND THE MEDIA"

Le Dauphine
http://www.ledauphine.com/faits-divers/2017/09/15/sven-lelandais-mon-frere-est-innocent-a-100

While Nordahl Lelandais, 34, the main suspect in Maëlys' disappearance, has been in pre-trial detention since 3 September, his elder brother, Sven Lelandais, spoke in the columns of the Dauphiné Libéré. This 36-year-old man, who continues to claim the innocence of his younger brother, denounces what he considers to be a judicial and media hunt since the beginning of the case:"My brother is 100% innocent. One day, he will be cleared of all suspicions and I will take him away from here, to another continent if necessary. "

"He can't have taken the little girl in an hour, showered, changed and returned to the wedding. The gendarmes should also look elsewhere instead of chasing my brother. There were ten persons among the guests in this wedding who were registered as sexual offenders. And they weren't friends of Nordahl," he says.

BBM

Did I miss where LE claimed that NL had showered, changed, and returned? Or is this brother proclaiming things that only NL has told him?

Maybe I missed that and I'll feel silly if I did. Otherwise, NL had 5 days to shower. He did not need to shower before any of his 'returns.' Unless we are to believe that he took care of everything he was going to do, in such a short amount of time? IMO that is highly unlikely.

I'm just really concerned about that airplane mode (AM) he sparingly chose to initiate. Unless your technology lets your phones switch into AM at will? Is there a way to still triangulate whereabouts, when your phone goes into AM?

I really really hope that he had an accomplice, as we all need food, and water.

And I hope we will read about Maëlys' returning to her loving family's arms. I am eternally optimistic.

Just checking in.

I haven't abandoned Maelys & this thread, just haven't had/don't have time to do more than read at the moment.

I read a tweeted report on the internet by someone who was referring to the publication of Paris Match about the disappearance of Maëlys and the suspect in custody, Nordahl Lelandais.

Can't vouch for it 100% but IMHO it is interesting enough to become very curious about the original report of Paris Match. I hope someone can find it and post it here!

NB The author adds 'Paris Match' after each posting.

The suspect He gives answers as the evidence is brought to him,"according to a person close to the investigation. Paris Match

Apart from denying the accusations, he's not bringing any information. He plays the game of cat and mouse Paris Match

There's something perverse about his behavior, something vicious, which is strangely similar to that of Francis Heaulme Paris Match

An intimate friend of the dog-handler tells us that he's not the type to crack. What investigators had already predicted Paris Match

In the eyes of investigators The suspect made almost no mistakes. Paris Match

There's almost no trace, no residue. No witnesses, no body. It's exceptional in this kind of case, Paris Match.

To our source It would have been necessary therefore that he remained of an Olympian calm, to act coldly, keeping a clear mind Paris Match

If that's what it is, then her profile is very dangerous,"
she [ author Emilie Blachère ] continues. Paris Match

One of his friends even tries to reach him:"My client obviously called him four times," says Florent Girault Paris Match.

The next day, Nordahl called my client back. He asked her not to call him on this number anymore, but on his old. Paris Match.

On Sunday morning, while a call for witnesses is launched for the alarming disappearance. Paris Match

Nordahl seems little affected by the disappearance of #Maëlys whom the whole region is looking for
Paris Match.

He calls his clients to claim his drug money Paris Match.

According to one investigator, he explained "with astonishingly cold blood," having disappeared because he had gone to change clothes Paris Match.

His shorts were so dirty that he preferred to throw them in a public wastebasket Paris Match.

Then he says he's gonna sell his car. That's why, early in the afternoon of Sunday Paris Match

although he didn't come home until daybreak. Paris Match

in the early afternoon, he went to the washing station of the route des Abrets to clean it from top to bottom Paris Match.

BBM

I read a tweeted report on the internet by someone who was referring to the publication of Paris Match about the disappearance of Maëlys and the suspect in custody, Nordahl Lelandais.

Can't vouch for it 100% but IMHO it is interesting enough to become very curious about the original report of Paris Match. I hope someone can find it and post it here!

NB The author adds 'Paris Match' after each posting.

BBM

I believe this is the first part of the Paris Match report you're looking for (I mentioned it in post 305).
http://m.parismatch.com/Actu/Faits-...-Nordahl-un-suspect-aux-nerfs-d-acier-1346783

You'll need either a subscription, or to go buy the print edition for the rest.

Le Dauphine

BBM

The brother's interview just brings up more questions for me. Like why would he come home and shower and change and then return to the wedding? The party was almost over, he apparently was not hanging out with anyone special that he was planning to hang out with later---not if he was alone in the parking lot with 2 little kids. Why go back to a wedding party that was already almost over?

And of course, I have to ask, why does such a small wedding group have 10 registered sex offenders who were unknown to the groom? Who invited them?

And at the risk of sounding judgmental, why were the kids allowed to run around at 2 to 3 am, with no supervision, if there were so many unknown males hanging out with them? :eek:

I don't think the brother is very persuasive about the denial of his brother's guilt. Saying he didn't have time is not all that persuasive of an argument. There is always time to stash someone somewhere on the way to and from. I think it is always more persuasive to say that one's brother has never been violent and would never do such a thing---rather than 'he didn't have enough time.'

I thought someone said the suspect did not arrive back home until sunrise. If he left the party around 3 am, where did he go between that time?

They expand the article as they go!
When I first saw the report, BREAKING! there were only those two paragraphs about the car wash. The image of the suspect cleaning the same spots over and over again, one hour and a half.... creeps...

If you are just selling your car, you do not need to obsessively scrub and scrape and scour every inch of the vehicle. An hour and a half sounds more like trying to clean away DNA than just regular dirt. JMO

From the same article: he also cancelled his phone contract on Monday 28th August (that would be the phone he forgot to mention to LE). He cancelled because it wasn't working properly, according to his lawyer...

He was a very busy bee on Monday. Scrubbed down his car, inch by inch for an hour and a half. Cancelled his 2nd phone subscription, because it wasn't working properly.

Maybe things are different in France, but if my cell isn't working well, I take it to my subscriber, and try and get it fixed or replaced. Maybe he had a different kind of deal set up, who knows. But in my case, I would have to pay a penalty to cancel my subscription. I wonder if he did too?

I believe this is the first part of the Paris Match report you're looking for (I mentioned it in post 305).
http://m.parismatch.com/Actu/Faits-...-Nordahl-un-suspect-aux-nerfs-d-acier-1346783

You'll need either a subscription, or to go buy the print edition for the rest.

Indeed. That is the first part, and it stopped before the description of the nerves of steelof the suspect. So I assume that this person on the internet was quoting from the second part. If reporter Emilie Blachère has had access to sources near the investigators and especially those who question Nordahl, that would be very interesting.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...voisin-27-August-2017&p=13632982#post13632982
To our source It would have been necessary therefore that he remained of an Olympian calm, to act coldly, keeping a clear mind Paris Match

If that's what it is, then her profile is very dangerous," she [ author Emilie Blachère ] continues. Paris Match

I won't try the subscription, my sad experience with similiar subscriptions is that it is very hard to get rid of them.

:facepalm:

And of course, I have to ask, why does such a small wedding group have 10 registered sex offenders who were unknown to the groom? Who invited them?

And at the risk of sounding judgmental, why were the kids allowed to run around at 2 to 3 am, with no supervision, if there were so many unknown males hanging out with them? :eek:

He was a very busy bee on Monday. Scrubbed down his car, inch by inch for an hour and a half. Cancelled his 2nd phone subscription, because it wasn't working properly.

RSBM

Kids weren't running around. They were up and about for the first part of the evening when they had their own entertainment programme. They had a separate room where most of them were sleeping later in the evening. Maëlys was in the same room, but she was awake. She spoke with her grandmother at 2.45 hrs.

The suspect washed his car on Sunday, not Monday.

IMHO in Europe, registered sex offenders are generally known to police, not to the public.

Just catching up here....

ZaZara from article said:
Mr. Bernard Méraud is waiting for a confirmation about the boy who, according to his client, was in his car at the same time as Maëlys to see if his dogs were in the trunk. "Several media have reported that this boy doesn't exist, but I am not aware of that," the lawyer says.

I was thinking :thinking: well he should be reading here! LOL! He'll get ALL the info.

ZaZara from article said:
"He can't have taken the little girl in an hour, showered, changed and returned to the wedding. The gendarmes should also look elsewhere instead of chasing my brother. There were ten persons among the guests in this wedding who were registered as sexual offenders. And they weren't friends of Nordahl," he says

How does he know there were 10 reg. sex offenders there???

Thank you all who've get this thread updated! Very much appreciated! Hopefully, they will find this little SOON!!

:rose:

RSBM

Kids weren't running around. They were up and about for the first part of the evening when they had their own entertainment programme. They had a separate room where most of them were sleeping later in the evening. Maëlys was in the same room, but she was awake. She spoke with her grandmother at 2.45 hrs.

IMHO in Europe, registered sex offenders are generally known to police, not to the public.

Due to the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) , certainly in the U.K. The public are not allowed to be told the identities and locations of registered sex offenders . The only exception to this is if it is believed that someone NEEDS to know this but that decision can only be made by a very high ranking Police Officer in conjunction with senior management of other assisting agencies if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't quote at the moment :( but re "sex offenders":

- the register used and previously quoted in French media covers both sex and violent (not necessarily sexual) crimes. And it includes people who were never charged or convicted but only investigated. And yes, it's not available to the public.

I'll get back later with a link, if/when I can. While I'm not belittling the allegation(s) in any way, I think it's possible media & brother *might* be being disingenuous on that particular point. JMO.

This case makes my stomach turn. That you could take your child to a wedding and someone take them from you is the stuff of nightmares. To have no answers as to what became of your chip is beyond bearable. My heart breaks for Maelys and her family. I hope she is found soon.

Due to the lack of news about the investigation, this impostor gets more attention than he deserves, unfortunately.

I am still wondering about the timeline.

At 02.45 hrs the grandmother speaks with Maëlys.
At 03.00 hrs her mother cannot find her.
At 03.10 hrs the dj makes an announcement and the search starts.
At some moment after 03.00 hrs the mother goes outside and sees Nordahl.

Assuming the times are right, and the grandmother did speak with her, there was hardly any opportunity for NL to abduct Maëlys. He did NOT take her during the time he was absent and went home to change his short, because when he returned, she was still there. Between 02.45 and 03.00 hrs the girl somehow vanished from the room where the children were sleeping to the entrance of the parking lot where she got into a car and her trail ends.
All without being seen.

I would like to see a floorplan of the hall. It was said that the parking had only one entrance, but what about the building? Could she have gone to the bathroom? Did she have to pass through the room where the adults were dancing?

:thinking:

Dont they have proof she was in his car? didnt he say she was in his car?

RSBM

It really annoys me the sex offender register is not public here in the U.K we have a right to know.

this reminds me of Kayla Orozco in Texas.

I thought the same thing I just wish Maëlys had been found as quickly as Kayla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53