Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there is also the matter of the recent arson, a huge fire, at the gendarmerie of Grenoble that might have destroyed some of the evidence, along with about fifty vehicles:

C’est l’une des conséquences de l’incendie qui a ravagé la gendarmerie de Grenoble ce jeudi. Plusieurs scellés contenant des éléments saisis dans le cadre de la disparition de Maëlys le 27 août à Pont-de-Beauvoisin ont été détruits. Cet incendie criminel, revendiqué par des anarchistes, a réduit en cendres une cinquantaine de véhicules.

http://www.20minutes.fr/lyon/213794...n-maelys-voiture-suspect-flashee-soir-mariage

A report on the original report of what supposedly did not happen:

Vendredi soir, Le Dauphiné libéré a révélé que l'Audi A3 du principal suspect avait été flashée par un radar automatique la nuit du mariage sur la route des gorges de Chailles (Savoie), où des recherches ont déjà été menées au début du mois. Le Parisien a même affirmé que les enquêteurs disposaient de ce cliché depuis une quinzaine de jours. La photo était, selon le quotidien, en cours d'analyse afin de déterminer si la fillette de 9 ans se trouvait à bord du véhicule.

http://www.lepoint.fr/faits-divers/...a-nuit-du-mariage-23-09-2017-2159234_2627.php

"THIS SITUATION IS UNBEARABLE FOR THE RELATIVES," ACCORDING TO THE LAWYER OF MAËLYS' PARENTS

20Minutes
http://www.20minutes.fr/lyon/213827...tenable-proches-selon-avocat-parents-fillette

A month ago, 9 year old Maëlys, disappeared in Pont-de-Beauvoisin in Isère, during a wedding she attended with her parents. Since that night from 26 to 27 August, the child has remained untraceable, despite important search operations to find her.

While there are many troubling elements surrounding the personality of Nordhal, the main suspect in this case, and his actions and gestures during the evening and in the days following the wedding celebrations, there is no formal evidence of his guilt. Fabien Rajon, the lawyer for Maëlys's parents, has agreed to answer 20 Minutes' questions about this mysterious disappearance.

Today, what's the status of the investigation? Have you heard anything new?

A judicial investigation is under way, involving three investigating magistrates and dozens of investigators. Very important investigative resources are deployed, both human and technical, to bring out the truth quickly. Why? Why? Because this case is unprecedented in our contemporary criminal history. Here is a case of the abduction of a girl, to which a man, quickly targeted because of disturbing elements, would hold the keys. Meanwhile, Maëlys' parents are waiting to find out what happened to their daughter... Such a situation is unbearable for Maëlys' relatives.

The prime suspect is still claiming his innocence and says nothing about the child. How do you feel about that?

Investigations conducted by investigators are confidential and covered by the secrecy of the investigation. Therefore, between the reality of the case, the permanent actuality of the investigation and the few revelations that may appear in the press, the difference is considerable. In other words, the relative calm in the media over the past few days does not mean that the investigation is not progressing.

How do Maëlys's parents cope with this long wait?

The ordeal inflicted on them is unbearable. They expect one thing: to know the truth and to know what happened to Maëlys.

A great deal of information, sometimes erroneous, revolves around this case. What could be the consequences for the investigation, the family?

Once again, it is important to distinguish the investigation, the real one, from the media noise surrounding this case. The investigation is not conducted by the media or continuous news channels, but by judicial police officers who are familiar with their profession. This work is covered by the secrecy of the investigation and the investigators are totally leakproof to all these pressures. As for Maëlys's family, they are trying to protect themselves from all this and to preserve a little of their intimacy in order to find the strength to remain on their feet.

BBM

France fears for girl Maelys missing since Isere wedding

_97582650_gettyimages-840197158.jpg

The girl, Maëlys De Araujo, was last seen in a children's room at about 03:00 on Sunday (01:00 GMT).

Extensive searches of the area around the wedding hall using a helicopter and police dogs have thus far failed to find a trace of the girl.
A kidnapping investigation has opened and police have issued an appeal for witnesses.

<RSBM>

This beautiful child, missing from her parent's arms, needs to come home. They need to find a way to make this happen. I hope, and pray, that she is found safe. And whoever has taken her, is dealt the swiftest justice possible. :rose:

"Il l'a jeté dans une poubelle publique en face de chez lui, soutient son ex-avocat, mais il n'a pas changé son tee-shirt ni ses chaussures. Et puis c'était bien avant 3 heures du matin et la disparition de l'enfant."

According to his lawyer at the time, NL threw his shorts away in a public trash bin across from his house. He did not change his shirt or his shoes. Additionally, that was much earlier than 3 a.m. and the child's disappearance.

This is an interesting article. It includes a map that shows where the car wash is located. It also mentions that NL has a new lawyer.

http://www.lejdd.fr/societe/faits-divers/maelys-letrange-silence-du-suspect-3444365

"Il l'a jeté dans une poubelle publique en face de chez lui, soutient son ex-avocat, mais il n'a pas changé son tee-shirt ni ses chaussures. Et puis c'était bien avant 3 heures du matin et la disparition de l'enfant."

According to his lawyer at the time, NL threw his shorts away in a public trash bin across from his house. He did not change his shirt or his shoes. Additionally, that was much earlier than 3 a.m. and the child's disappearance.

This is an interesting article. It includes a map that shows where the car wash is located. It also mentions that NL has a new lawyer.

http://www.lejdd.fr/societe/faits-divers/maelys-letrange-silence-du-suspect-3444365
Thanks for the link, interesting to see the red lines of connection, maybe M will be found in a space that is of equal distance between the red " spots."
speculation, imo.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Chronologie-des-evenements-et-perimetre-des-recherches.jpg
    Chronologie-des-evenements-et-perimetre-des-recherches.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 191
Just a thought as I sit with a glass of wine: NL doesn't seem like the brightest bulb on the tree. Unless he had planned an abduction (any child seeing as he doesn't seem to have known the family) meticulously beforehand, how could he have gotten away for so long if he had only been acting alone?

I keep going back to the idea that he gave her to someone else as he was being threatened by his dealer or perhaps someone higher up the drug chain, and Maelys had been trafficked somewhere. I hope to God not.... but I can't stop thinking it [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMPLOYERS OF NORDAHL L. PAINT A GRIM PICTURE OF THE SUSPECT WHO WAS ALREADY PORTRAYED AS VIOLENT BY HIS EX-GIRLFRIENDS

FranceSoir
http://www.francesoir.fr/societe-fa...pping-domessin-pont-de-beauvoisin-mort-prison

While there is no evidence to support the investigators' suspicions about Nordahl Lelandais, the main suspect in the case of the disappearance of Maëlys de Araujo (he denies his participation and remains presumed innocent), the portrait that is being revealed a little more every day is hardly flattering.

After his former girlfriends who describe a man willingly violent, manipulative, lying and fan of private *advertiser censored* videos broadcast without consent, several employers of the 34-year-old former military officer also paint a grim portrait of the man.

France Bleu quotes one of the thirty-something employers as describing "an aggressive, unmanageable man, and the relief he felt when he left the company." Nordahl was initially a soldier in the 132nd Canine Battalion of Suippes in the Marne. The man wanted to become a dog handler. However, he was fired from his regiment for "unstable psychological behaviour". Paris Match magazine also mentioned the drug consumption of the man that would have forced him to leave.

After this time in the army, and after legal problems following his conviction in 2009 for the arson of a restaurant in 2009, he tried to set up his own business as a dog trainer. Without success.

Back to living with his parents in Domessin (Savoie), and after a relationship break-up, Nordahl Lelandais was employed as a temporary worker and was on sick leave at the time of the girl's disappearance on the night of 26-27 August, during the wedding in the party hall of Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère) located close to his family home.

BBM

DISAPPEARANCE OF MAËLYS: IN PONT-DE-BEAUVOISIN, THE LOCAL PEOPLE 'STILL CANNOT COMPREHEND WHAT HAPPENED'

20Minutes
http://www.20minutes.fr/lyon/213900...-habitants-arrivent-toujours-comprendre-passe

One month since the investigators are trying to find out where little Maëlys is. One month since the girl was abducted at a wedding party she attended. In the small village of Pont-de-Beauvoisin, wedged between the departments of Isère and Savoie, where the drama happened, the child is still on everyone's mind. Her face still adorns shop windows. And the mystery surrounding her disappearance remains one of the main topics of conversation.

"The more the weeks go by, the less hope of finding her alive again," according to Olivier, manager of a restaurant-bar. His wife had noticed a few days ago that the search notice they had posted was no longer there. "We put it back on. It's more out of solidarity with her family than to move the investigation forward. It's a way of saying that we mustn't forget this child. We can't afford to become insensitive," Elizabeth adds.

Nathalie, one of the village's shopkeepers, admits that she "often thinks about it at night". Today, she says she is "torn between the two", between "hope of finding her" and resignation. "When we first heard the helicopter above the house, we thought it was a fugitive. We never imagined for a moment that it could concern a child," she adds. The 50-year-old and her daughter spontaneously searched the woods near her house, sometimes lifting up the stacks of branches to check if the girl was not there.

Even if the weeks go by, Nathalie "stays on the lookout". "I still have the reflex to look at the slopes or the sides when I'm driving my car," she confesses. She says: "It's always on my mind. We still cannot understand what happened."

"You can feel that people are sad. It doesn't have an impact on their lives, but we can see that they are worried about it," Didier confirms. He is a stallholder from Lyon who has a stand once a week in the village market. "They talk about it a lot. This is a quiet place. In 30 years, they've never seen anything like it."

"It's a nasty affair," says Jean-Louis, manager of a coffee shop. He also keeps the search notices on the windows of his establishment. "Unfortunately, it doesn't change anything," the man continues. Nevertheless he cannot decide to remove them. "This story gives me the creeps. As for the suspect [Nordahl Lelandais], to know if it is him or not... a lot of things point at him but the investigators have nothing tangible against him."

"If it's him, he won't say anything. We will never know anything unless they find the child, alive or not," Jeremy joins in, sitting at a terrace. For Aïssa, Maëlys' disappearance is "a catastrophe". "We're all still in shock," he explains," because we know the suspect. We met him every day. We're in contact with him. He went to school with my kids. My wife was also looking after him at the school's daycare." But there's no question of taking his side. He too is convinced that NL is going to keep silent.

"We know his character. He didn't always have a good reputation. We heard about him as someone who had a changeable, sometimes aggressive mood. We could see him passing through the village. He didn't talk to anyone and he kept going.

"Knowing that the suspect comes from a small, neighboring village where everyone is inconspicuous is scary," according to Olivier. "The place has a peaceful and good-natured atmosphere. You can't imagine a monster like that coming out of it."

"He must be mentally strong. I don't think he will speak anytime soon either," Nathalie says with regret, she is convinced of Nordahl Lelandais's involvement: "If at least his relatives and his mother could encourage him to say what he knows. The hardest part is not knowing where Maëlys is today. We'd like to help her family so much. But in the end we feel totally powerless..."

BBM

SEARCH FOR TRACES OF DNA IN THE WASTE WATER OF THE CAR WASH

Europe1
http://www.europe1.fr/societe/maely...es-eaux-usees-de-la-station-de-lavage-3446282

The day after Maëlys' disappearance, the suspect meticulously washed his car in a car wash.

Now that Maëlys has not given any sign of life for a month, the investigators decided to take a closer look at the car wash where the suspect washed his car the day after the 9-year-old girl disappeared. They are actually analyzing the wastewater of the establishment, reports BFMTV Tuesday.

DNA evidence? The investigators' objective is to find out if not only this waste water but also the car greases contain Maëlys' DNA. "The results are not yet known," according to the news channel.

A car washed meticulously. In the night of August 26th to 27th during a wedding party in Isère Maëlys disappeared. The following day, the principal suspect, who was indicted on September 3, undertook a thorough cleaning operation on his vehicle. For an hour and a half, the surveillance cameras at a car wash filmed him shining his car from top to bottom, with a particular emphasis on the trunk. The 34-year-old explained to the gendarmerie that his vehicle was due to be sold. The investigators were able to identify the buyer.

BBM

Eeh.... that is a lot of water and a lot of car grease, left by heaven knows how many people.
I guess they are hoping to find a hair, or some. But even then....:gaah:

DISAPPEARANCE OF MAËLYS: THREE ROUND TRIPS AND A CAR WASH THAT STILL RAISE QUESTIONS

7SUR7.be
http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1505/Mon...-un-lavage-qui-posent-toujours-question.dhtml

One month after Maëlys disappeared at a wedding party in Isère, there is still no news of the girl. Despite the allegations against Nordahl L., the suspect continues to deny any involvement in the disappearance of the girl.

The investigation established with certainty that Nordahl, 34, was absent from the party in the time span that corresponds to the disappearance of the girl. Three times, he makes return trips to the wedding celebration:

At 9:30 pm, he goes to his parents' house, where he also lives, to make sure that his dogs are doing okay.

At around 10:30 pm, he leaves to buy beers that he drinks with a friend for an hour.
He returns to the party at 23:30.

At around 12:30 am, he returns home again to change the shorts he claims to have soiled by vomiting because of the ingested beers. He gets rid of the shorts in a public garbage can to prevent his mother from seeing the soiled garment.

Finally, around 3am, Maëlys has vanished from the evening, along with Nordahl L. The suspect's cell phone is cut off: "a network problem surely", the suspect says.

At about 3:30 am, his phone is located a few kilometres from the hall, when he is buying cocaine, according to him.

At 4 o' clock, when the gendarmes arrive, he is not present. He acknowledges his absence after having initially stated that he was involved in the searches to locate Maëlys.

Three weeks after the arrest of the 34-year-old former soldier, the investigators are looking again at the car wash where he thoroughly cleaned his vehicle after the wedding at around 5:30 in the afternoon. Nordahl L. justified this intensive cleaning by saying he had the intention of selling his vehicle. Wastewater and car grease are being analyzed for DNA traces of Maëlys.

BBM

If it quacks like a duck, it's usually a duck. JMO

If it quacks like a duck, it's usually a duck. JMO

Quack Quack. I so agree!

We know NL spent an hour and a half, thoroughly cleaning his car. Did I miss where the authorities went through the vehicle with a fine tooth comb? I thought the latest technology available could detect even trace amounts of blood, or DNA? I would hope he was not as thorough, as HE thought he was!

What did he do with this innocent, 9 year old child?

IMO and I am not related to this victimized family, but I would be willing to spend five (5) minutes in a room, alone, with him. My first question, of a few, would be, "Where is Maëlys?" I would walk out of the room with the answers. Wouldn't it be a dream come true?

http://www.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/video/l-enigme-maelys-985163.html

He went home to change. His shorts were stained with vomit from beer and wine. His mom was in front of the TV. He did not want to disturb her, he did not want her to see his stained shorts so he threw them away in the trash, and then went back to change, discreetly. The shorts were never found.

And without those shorts, IMO, no one can prove whose vomit it was. Hmmm. Perhaps another sweep of his car, looking for any evidence of all those drugs he was transporting?

ETA. I hope they were able to obtain that water from the car wash, faster than it appears! DNA is in there somewhere. Perhaps even fibers from clothing?

Please tell us where she is NL!

NORDAHL LELANDAIS ALLEGEDLY TOOK OVER TWO HOURS TO WASH HIS CAR

Internaute.com
http://www.linternaute.com/actualit...lys-la-faille-qui-pourrait-sauver-le-suspect/

According to the Dauphine Libéré, Nordahl Lelandeis has washed his car for more than two hours after Maëlys's disappearance. The newspaper quotes "a source close to the investigation" who describes a sequence of 2hours and 15 minutes, extracted from the video surveillance camera of the car wash. The Dauphiné indicates that in addition to the trunk of the car, washed with a rim stripper, images show how Nordahl Lelandeis repeatedly cleans "the exterior and interior door handles on the passenger side, the floor mat, the seat, always on the passenger side".

BBM

NORDAHL LELANDAIS ALLEGEDLY TOOK OVER TWO HOURS TO WASH HIS CAR

Internaute.com
http://www.linternaute.com/actualit...lys-la-faille-qui-pourrait-sauver-le-suspect/

According to the Dauphine Libéré, Nordahl Lelandeis has washed his car for more than two hours after Maëlys's disappearance. The newspaper quotes "a source close to the investigation" who describes a sequence of 2hours and 15 minutes, extracted from the video surveillance camera of the car wash. The Dauphiné indicates that in addition to the trunk of the car, washed with a rim stripper, images show how Nordahl Lelandeis repeatedly cleans "the exterior and interior door handles on the passenger side, the floor mat, the seat, always on the passenger side".

BBM

I wonder, can they see if he did the seat belt, and the internal mechanism for it?

I check this thread everyday to see if little Maelys has been found. :praying:

I find it odd that in his story, he says he went and drank beer for an hour with his friends, then vomited, and had to go throw away his shorts and shower and change.

What grown man drinks beer for an hour and then pukes? There must be something missing from that story that actually brought that on. If it was even his ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot