Found Deceased France - Maëlys De Araujo, 9, Pont-de-Beauvoisin, 27 Aug 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Reportage : Régis se bat pour retrouver Eric Foray disparu mystérieusement - Radio Capitole

Grand Reportage: Régis fights to recover Eric Foray who disappeared mysteriously

Listen on Radio Capitole to the testimony of Régis, who is fighting to find Eric Foray.

In Radio Capitole Grand Reportage, we wanted to highlight this mysterious disappearance.

Eric Foray, a tall, blue-eyed brown-haired man of 1.91 m, aged 46, disappeared on 16 September 2016 in Chatuzange-le-Goubet (Drôme), while he was out shopping in the village. As France Bleu pointed out at the time, we can see him on the surveillance camera images of the Super U of Chatuzange, a town near Valence. He makes a detour to the bakery at around 12:15 p.m., talks a little before getting back to his car, a 4×4 Suzuki Grand Vitara beige/gold color, registration number EA-858-RS.

According to the wanted notice, Eric Foray was wearing jeans and a white sleeved sweatshirt with geometric designs.

It was his companion, Régis Pique, who gave the alert the day he disappeared. He decides to file a report but, at the police station, his concerns cause nothing but mockery. Abused by the police, this totally helpless man is humiliated by the fact that he is homosexual. The other man will tell him that Eric probably went to see another man somewhere else. But for Régis, it's impossible.

He is alone and up against all odds, and he will fight to collect clues. During the investigation, which for him did not advance one inch, he tells that the gendarmes were looking for unnecessary leads, as search for Eric. Search of his home, witnesses who do not even know Eric will be questioned. In short, Régis is not a victim in the eyes of the gendarmes. He is devastated because in reality everyone in the judicial body thinks he is guilty.

In the end, nothing was found, no evidence, not even a shred of evidence that would make it possible to confirm that Régis was guilty of anything. Once again, as in many disappearances, the status of victim was not taken into account. So Eric fights alone, and searches for the slightest clue. The story is similar to that of the disappearance of Malik Boutvillain and that is what is curious. It's as if justice and his family don't want to find Eric.

"We are very close to the Swiss and Italian borders, but the toll cameras have not even been utilised," Philippe Folletet regrets to FranceInfo. Philippe is a retired commissioner who has returned to the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes branch of the Association d'assistance et recherche de personnes disparues (ARPD).

"Families who go to the police station to report the disappearance of an adult relative are often told to wait 48 hours," Bernard Boulloud, Régis Pique's lawyer also deplores.

"For me, there is no doubt about it. He didn't leave of his own free will. Everything was fine between us. Especially since he had nothing on him when he left that day: barely 70 euros in his pocket," Régis Pique explained at the end of March to Dauphiné Libéré (paid article). Eric Foray's bank account was never charged again.

In reality, the slowdown to allow families to find the relatives of the disappeared is there... These are the famous 48 hours one has to wait before officially declaring a missing person. Things can happen in 48 hours, especially with the opening of the borders. Helicopter, search dogs, video surveillance could have been triggered at the very moment Eric disappeared, as for the others, but everything was denied to Régis. Clearly and already at the investigation stage, no link with Nordhal Lelandais is established, but the hypothesis that he met with Eric has been considered.

The tunnel seems too far for him before he meets Eric, but for Régis, this tunnel is not endless, there is an explanation for the disappearance of his spouse, and according to him, he will not stop looking until he has found it. Fortunately, he was able to support himself and surround himself with people in the same situation as his own. The ARPD association is very active for Régis and other victims of disturbing disappearances. They aim to finally shed light on Eric's mysterious disappearance. This is what we all wish so Régis can to experience his greatest happiness with his companion at last, and finally pusue the projects they had decided to create together.

BBM

No progress on this disappearance, but I wasn't aware thet Régis Pique had been treated so horribly when he went to report Ëric missing .... shocking.

Le drame secret de Nordahl Lelandais

The man with a mysterious past assures psych experts that an event rocked his world in 2017. Revelations.

"A dark, intense, sustained, fixed, emotionless look." A look that "challenges" the person facing it. It is with these words that a psychologist expert describes Nordahl Lelandais in an unpublished report on this maze-like crime file in December 2018. One year after the former soldier's first confession in the Maëlys case, the darkness of this look still hides its share of secrets.

Four cases now involve the dog-handler. First, the murder in April 2017, near Chambéry, of Corporal Arthur Noyer, whom Lelandais reportedly gave a ride before hitting him with a fatal blow during a fight, according to his own confession. Then, in July, the filmed sexual assault of a four-year-old girl cousin. Then in August, the assault of another six-year-old little cousin, according to an identical procedure. And finally, a week later, the murder of little Maëlys, kidnapped during a wedding in Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère).

More than a year ago, the media coverage of the case made it possible to relaunch several cases of unsolved disappearances in his region, in the Rhône Alpes, with a haunting question in the background: Lelandais, how many victims? The gendarmerie has even set up a special cell called Ariane to trace the suspect's "life course" and to try to bring together or eliminate no fewer than 900 cases of disappearances, cold cases or those buried under X in relation to this course. One year later, the conclusions of this cell are still pending.

One thing is obvious for the moment: if we make an exception for the arson attack on a snack bar in Paladru (Isère) committed with accomplices in 2008, all the facts for which he is accused are concentrated on the year 2017. Two hypotheses remain: either the young man had not fallen into crime before that year. Or older victims remain unaccounted for at this stage.

Faced with the various psychologist experts who questioned him several times last year, Lelandais supported the first theory. He even identified a specific episode in February 2017 that caused him to lose his footing: the abortion of his ex-girlfriend A. who was expecting a child of his. "It's very hard to live without (...) I might have had a baby and I took a child's life," he lamented in front of the psychologist expert. To believe him, this impossible paternity would have plunged him into a deep depression: "I was limitless! A liter of rum and a gram of cocaine a day!" He also reportedly developed personality disorders: for example, "the feeling that everyone knew everything about me".

In a 2018 report by a psychiatrist expert, Lelandais had already described this strange feeling, but this time dating it from his childhood: that of being the hero of the film Truman Show, in which the actor Jim Carrey plays a man whose life is broadcast 24 hours a day on television, without him knowing it.

"Since February, March, I was no longer myself at all," says Lelandais. In fact, several disturbing events occurred in his daily life during this period. In February 2017, he found himself in the middle of an altercation with a motorist. To end the conflict, he waved a police badge that he kept in his car. He will be sentenced to four months' suspended imprisonment for this illegal arrest.

In March, a few weeks before Arthur Noyer's death, the young man held a temporary position in a syrup factory but was given a leave of absence from work. "I made a wrong move carrying boxes," he says. A detail that is not a detail: his professional life is marked by sick leave (about twenty between September 2001 and December 2005 alone). As if "Nordhal Lelandais' mental disorganization is expressed through his body," in the words of a psychologist expert.

This same expert paints a icy portrait of the character, depicted as an outstanding concealer. According to him, the personality of the thirty-year-old includes disorders "already found in serial criminals" with "a psychopathic, perverse narcissistic and psychotic triangle". The report also points out that Maëlys' murder is a "neat, methodical crime and it is only through the development of criminal investigation techniques that it will be unmasked. There is no doubt that it would never have been otherwise."

The expert develops a surprising analogy between the behaviour of Lelandais and that of a dog, whose suspect appreciates the company so much (he had two Malinois before his arrest): "He shares (...) with these animals common points which notably allowed him to find the trace and the remains of Maëlys". The alleged killer himself explains that he has a "very good sense of direction" and a "very very good sense of smell": "you put me in a place and ten years later, I go back there like that". The shrink notes a similarity between Lelandais' behaviour and that of an "animal that brings its dead prey back to its masters' homes". Before adding: "This man was able to identify himself, during pathological dissociations experiments, with his dogs, incorporating their animality, their instincts, thus losing part of his humanity. "

Are there other bodies hidden in nature? Nordhal Lelandais denies it: "I can't admit others, there are no others." To better dissipate the shadow of a serial killer who sticks to his skin, he also cites several high-profile cases for which he has been exonerated: Estelle Mouzin's disappeared in 2003 in Guermantes (he was in French Guiana), Lucas Tronche's disappeared in Gard in 2014 (according to the use of his telephone data, Lelandais was elsewhere) and Antoine Zoia's, also in Gard in 2016 (the teenager has since been found hanged in a wood).

According to a source close to the case, "it is more the sexual predator profile of Lelandais that should be explored rather than that of a serial killer." The same source wonders about other possible assaults on children in his family circle - a very large circle since his mother has 11 brothers and sisters. After initially denying his paedophile tendencies, the accused finally confessed, last December before the investigating judge, to the assaults of two little cousins. These tendencies would not be recent ("it happened to me when I was younger", he explained during his confession) but would have turned into an act in 2017. Still under the influence of drugs and alcohol, according to him. Defense strategy or sincere confessions? For investigators, the "challenge" now is to find the truth behind their "dark eyes".

BBM

I don't quite get how the alleged loss of a baby would lead to the murder of Arthur Noyer and of Maëlys. IMHO he acted like the sexual predator that he was since his younger years. His delusion that everybody knew everything about him apparently wasn't enough to stop him.

And this:
A detail that is not a detail: his professional life is marked by sick leave (about twenty between September 2001 and December 2005 alone). As if "Nordhal Lelandais' mental disorganization is expressed through his body," in the words of a psychologist expert.

Wouldn't substance abuse be the more logical explanation?

Le drame secret de Nordahl Lelandais

The man with a mysterious past assures psych experts that an event rocked his world in 2017. Revelations.

"A dark, intense, sustained, fixed, emotionless look." A look that "challenges" the person facing it. It is with these words that a psychologist expert describes Nordahl Lelandais in an unpublished report on this maze-like crime file in December 2018. One year after the former soldier's first confession in the Maëlys case, the darkness of this look still hides its share of secrets.

Four cases now involve the dog-handler. First, the murder in April 2017, near Chambéry, of Corporal Arthur Noyer, whom Lelandais reportedly gave a ride before hitting him with a fatal blow during a fight, according to his own confession. Then, in July, the filmed sexual assault of a four-year-old girl cousin. Then in August, the assault of another six-year-old little cousin, according to an identical procedure. And finally, a week later, the murder of little Maëlys, kidnapped during a wedding in Pont-de-Beauvoisin (Isère).

More than a year ago, the media coverage of the case made it possible to relaunch several cases of unsolved disappearances in his region, in the Rhône Alpes, with a haunting question in the background: Lelandais, how many victims? The gendarmerie has even set up a special cell called Ariane to trace the suspect's "life course" and to try to bring together or eliminate no fewer than 900 cases of disappearances, cold cases or those buried under X in relation to this course. One year later, the conclusions of this cell are still pending.

One thing is obvious for the moment: if we make an exception for the arson attack on a snack bar in Paladru (Isère) committed with accomplices in 2008, all the facts for which he is accused are concentrated on the year 2017. Two hypotheses remain: either the young man had not fallen into crime before that year. Or older victims remain unaccounted for at this stage.

Faced with the various psychologist experts who questioned him several times last year, Lelandais supported the first theory. He even identified a specific episode in February 2017 that caused him to lose his footing: the abortion of his ex-girlfriend A. who was expecting a child of his. "It's very hard to live without (...) I might have had a baby and I took a child's life," he lamented in front of the psychologist expert. To believe him, this impossible paternity would have plunged him into a deep depression: "I was limitless! A liter of rum and a gram of cocaine a day!" He also reportedly developed personality disorders: for example, "the feeling that everyone knew everything about me".

In a 2018 report by a psychiatrist expert, Lelandais had already described this strange feeling, but this time dating it from his childhood: that of being the hero of the film Truman Show, in which the actor Jim Carrey plays a man whose life is broadcast 24 hours a day on television, without him knowing it.

"Since February, March, I was no longer myself at all," says Lelandais. In fact, several disturbing events occurred in his daily life during this period. In February 2017, he found himself in the middle of an altercation with a motorist. To end the conflict, he waved a police badge that he kept in his car. He will be sentenced to four months' suspended imprisonment for this illegal arrest.

In March, a few weeks before Arthur Noyer's death, the young man held a temporary position in a syrup factory but was given a leave of absence from work. "I made a wrong move carrying boxes," he says. A detail that is not a detail: his professional life is marked by sick leave (about twenty between September 2001 and December 2005 alone). As if "Nordhal Lelandais' mental disorganization is expressed through his body," in the words of a psychologist expert.

This same expert paints a icy portrait of the character, depicted as an outstanding concealer. According to him, the personality of the thirty-year-old includes disorders "already found in serial criminals" with "a psychopathic, perverse narcissistic and psychotic triangle". The report also points out that Maëlys' murder is a "neat, methodical crime and it is only through the development of criminal investigation techniques that it will be unmasked. There is no doubt that it would never have been otherwise."

The expert develops a surprising analogy between the behaviour of Lelandais and that of a dog, whose suspect appreciates the company so much (he had two Malinois before his arrest): "He shares (...) with these animals common points which notably allowed him to find the trace and the remains of Maëlys". The alleged killer himself explains that he has a "very good sense of direction" and a "very very good sense of smell": "you put me in a place and ten years later, I go back there like that". The shrink notes a similarity between Lelandais' behaviour and that of an "animal that brings its dead prey back to its masters' homes". Before adding: "This man was able to identify himself, during pathological dissociations experiments, with his dogs, incorporating their animality, their instincts, thus losing part of his humanity. "

Are there other bodies hidden in nature? Nordhal Lelandais denies it: "I can't admit others, there are no others." To better dissipate the shadow of a serial killer who sticks to his skin, he also cites several high-profile cases for which he has been exonerated: Estelle Mouzin's disappeared in 2003 in Guermantes (he was in French Guiana), Lucas Tronche's disappeared in Gard in 2014 (according to the use of his telephone data, Lelandais was elsewhere) and Antoine Zoia's, also in Gard in 2016 (the teenager has since been found hanged in a wood).

According to a source close to the case, "it is more the sexual predator profile of Lelandais that should be explored rather than that of a serial killer." The same source wonders about other possible assaults on children in his family circle - a very large circle since his mother has 11 brothers and sisters. After initially denying his paedophile tendencies, the accused finally confessed, last December before the investigating judge, to the assaults of two little cousins. These tendencies would not be recent ("it happened to me when I was younger", he explained during his confession) but would have turned into an act in 2017. Still under the influence of drugs and alcohol, according to him. Defense strategy or sincere confessions? For investigators, the "challenge" now is to find the truth behind their "dark eyes".

BBM

I don't quite get how the alleged loss of a baby would lead to the murder of Arthur Noyer and of Maëlys. IMHO he acted like the sexual predator that he was since his younger years. His delusion that everybody knew everything about him apparently wasn't enough to stop him.

And this:

Wouldn't substance abuse be the more logical explanation?

Here we go. I dug deep into this thread and started reading from the beginning. I found this:

FORMER GIRLFRIENDS OF THE SUSPECT TELL CHILLING STORY

LeDauphine.com
Disparition de Maëlys : la voiture du suspect flashée par un radar le soir du mariage

Several young women, who have shared Nordahl Lelandais' life in the past, the number one suspect in the case of Maëlys' disappearance, were heard by the investigators of the Grenoble SR.

According to information from the Dauphiné Libéré, their statements are chilling. These young women describe him as "manipulative","liar" and "violent". The ex-military would have been very violent, especially during the romantic break-ups. "They all tell the same story: Nordahl tracked them down, harassed them, followed them in the car and tried to run into them."

According to the Dauphiné Libéré, one of these young women even confided that she had been taken into the woods by Nordahl,"to explain himself" according to him. "I thought I was living my last hour," the young woman told the gendarmes.

Asked about these new elements, the suspect's new lawyer, Alain Jakubowicz of the Lyon Bar, has refused to comment on the case.

BBM

These young women describe him as "manipulative","liar" and "violent". The ex-military would have been very violent, especially during the romantic break-ups. "They all tell the same story: Nordahl tracked them down, harassed them, followed them in the car and tried to run into them."

According to the Dauphiné Libéré, one of these young women even confided that she had been taken into the woods by Nordahl,"to explain herself*" according to her*. "I thought I was living my last hour," the young woman told the gendarmes.

*correction by me

Are we really to believe that this violent man lost his footing only after becoming aware that he would not be a father?

I don't think so! Apparently, harassment of ex-girlfriends does not count in his eyes, nor does trying to run into them with his car.

Well, eeeh. No. He simply went from bad to worse.

[VIDEO] Les enquêteurs vont rouvrir 40 dossiers de disparition ou de décès suspects dans lesquels Nordahl Lelandais pourrait être impliqué

Investigators will reopen 40 suspicious disappearance or death cases in which Nordahl Lelandais may be involved

Since the murder of little Maëlys and the murder of Corporal Arthur Noyer, for which Nordahl Lelandais has been indicted, the name of the former soldier has been mentioned in many cases. The gendarmerie has since created a dedicated cell, called Ariane, to investigate possible links between the former dog handler and unsolved disappearances. After a year of work, they have now completed their first report.

Is Nordahl Lelandais a serial killer? This question has been on everyone's lips for 18 months. Already indicted for the murder of little Maëlys and the murder of Corporal Arthur Noyer, as well as for sexual assaults on two of his 4 and 6-year-old second cousins, the 36-year-old former soldier could be involved in other criminal cases.

That is why the gendarmerie created a dedicated unit, called Ariane, in January 2018 to investigate possible links between the former dog handler and unsolved cases of disappearances. Seven Central Criminal Intelligence Service (CISC) investigators are employed full-time on 900 cases. This unit has already issued two further calls for witnesses concerning disturbing disappearances in 2011 and 2016 in the Drôme department. The first concerns the disappearance of Nelly Balmain, a 29-year-old woman who has not been seen since she left her home in Saint-Jean-en-Royans in the Drôme region on her red scooter in the early evening of August 8, 2011. The second call for witnesses concerns Eric Foray, 47 years old, who disappeared on 16 September 2016 near Chatuzange-le-Goubet (Drôme). Both disappeared when they were 1h30 from Nordalh Lelandais' home.

In some cases of the disappeared, the name of the former soldier has been excluded: Estelle Mouzin, disappeared on 9 January 2003 in Guermantes; Lucas Tronche, disappeared on 18 March 2015 in Bagnols-sur-Cèze or Adrien Mouralmié, disappeared on 5 July 2017 near Lake Annecy. In the latter case, the body of the 24-year-old man from Belgium was found and the criminal trail seems to have been ruled out.

Today, after more than a year of work, the Ariane cell has completed its first phase: the investigators have examined these 900 files, which may have had a potential link with the former dog-handler. They classified all these "cold cases" according to different criteria, such as the date of disappearance, the age and sex of the victims or the place where the person disappeared, to find out if it was more or less far from Domessin, in Savoy, where Nordahl Lelandais lived or if it corresponded to the one of the movements of the suspect, whose agenda was traced through the incredible efforts of the policemen. They relied on all the traces left by Lelandais to the administration, on his rental contracts, employment contracts, train or plane tickets to reconstruct his journey. A meticulous task that was forwarded to the investigators last fall.

Of the 900 cases studied, about a third were excluded because they did not correspond to Lelandais' life course or because they have since been resolved.
But about forty others have already caught the investigators' attention because they found elements concerning time (the most recent), geography (closest to the presumed killer's living places) or the profile of the victims (the most similar to Maëlys and Arthur Noyer). Even if no obvious link has been established with Lelandais at this stage, the gendarmes have decided to reopen these forty cases, which mainly concern unsolved disappearances. They will conduct much more in-depth research to formally establish whether Nordahl Lelandais is involved in one of these cold cases.

BBM

The first results of the ARIANE cell. Forty cases.
Unless Nordahl Lelandais was away at the time, I bet Lucy Roux and Jean-Christophe Morin made the list.

[VIDEO] Les enquêteurs vont rouvrir 40 dossiers de disparition ou de décès suspects dans lesquels Nordahl Lelandais pourrait être impliqué

Investigators will reopen 40 suspicious disappearance or death cases in which Nordahl Lelandais may be involved

--RSBM--

Today, after more than a year of work, the Ariane cell has completed its first phase: the investigators have examined these 900 files, which may have had a potential link with the former dog-handler. They classified all these "cold cases" according to different criteria, such as the date of disappearance, the age and sex of the victims or the place where the person disappeared, to find out if it was more or less far from Domessin, in Savoy, where Nordahl Lelandais lived or if it corresponded to the one of the movements of the suspect, whose agenda was traced through the incredible efforts of the policemen. They relied on all the traces left by Lelandais to the administration, on his rental contracts, employment contracts, train or plane tickets to reconstruct his journey. A meticulous task that was forwarded to the investigators last fall.

Of the 900 cases studied, about a third were excluded because they did not correspond to Lelandais' life course or because they have since been resolved.
But about forty others have already caught the investigators' attention because they found elements concerning time (the most recent), geography (closest to the presumed killer's living places) or the profile of the victims (the most similar to Maëlys and Arthur Noyer). Even if no obvious link has been established with Lelandais at this stage, the gendarmes have decided to reopen these forty cases, which mainly concern unsolved disappearances. They will conduct much more in-depth research to formally establish whether Nordahl Lelandais is involved in one of these cold cases.

BBM

The first results of the ARIANE cell. Forty cases.
Unless Nordahl Lelandais was away at the time, I bet Lucy Roux and Jean-Christophe Morin made the list.

Even if this investigation only finds one more victim, the world will always remember little Maëlys. She was the final victim of this monster. And I hope her family can take some comfort in knowing that she ended his reign of terror.

Everything in her heartbreaking story, will never happen to anyone else. The monster will (hopefully) die in a prison cell, with no one to mourn his passing.

Nordahl Lelandais: les gendarmes analysent une quarantaine de dossiers non résolus

Nordahl Lelandais: the gendarmes analyze forty unsolved cases

A national gendarmerie cell selected some 40 unsolved disappearances and homicides out of more than 900 cases studied for review in the light of the Nordahl Lelandais case. The latter confessed to murdering little Maëlys and Corporal Arthur Noyer.

Nordahl Lelandais' life journey continues to be scrutinized by investigators. A cell of the national gendarmerie announced, this Monday at a press conference, that it had selected some forty cases of disappearances and unsolved homicides to be reviewed in the light of the life of this man, the alleged killer of little Maëlys, 9 years old, and Corporal Arthur Noyer. Nordahl Lelandais confessed to both crimes.

This cell called "Ariane", composed of seven permanent gendarmes from the criminal intelligence service of the gendarmerie, assisted by the research sections involved in these cases, examined 900 unresolved cases on a quarter of the French departments and from a time frame of "about twenty years," according to General Jean-Philippe Lecouffe. "We eliminated almost a third of the 900 cases, either because Nordahl Lelandais was very far from there, or because the cases had finally been solved," he added.

From this first screening, a second "sieving" was carried out by the investigators based on four criteria: time, location, victim profile and media sensitivity of the case. "For example, we have set ourselves 2017 as the time criterion," he continued. "The closer we were to 2017, the higher the file was rated, the further away we went from it, the lower the file would be." Thus, the oldest file retained by this unit goes back "5 or 6 years."

"This led us to select about forty files that caught our full attention. At this stage, there is no formal or judicial case to implicate Nordahl Lelandais," General Lecouffe said. Of these forty or so cases, less than a dozen concern minors and a majority constitute disturbing disappearances.

The Ariane cell, created in 2018 to answer questions from the families of victims of homicides or unsolved disappearances about possible links with the Lelandais case, does not take over the investigation itself but instead turns over these forty selected cases to the investigators and judges in charge of them. Investigators will now take over these files according to the instructions of the magistrates. In addition, General Lecouffe announced that, as a continuation of the Ariane cell, a unit for unsolved cases is being created within the Gendarmerie's Central Criminal Intelligence Service. It will be made up of investigators who work within the Ariane cell.

BBM

Adrien Fiorello (2010) disappeared 8 years ago and would not have made it on the list.....His case has been reopened last year already though.
Rachid Rameche (2009) would not have made the list, and NL was excluded in the disappearance and death of Coralie Moussu (2009).
Nicholas Suppo disappeared in 2010. Not on the list (?)

I'm looking at Niner's list now. A dozen minors need to be added to that list, since NL is not suspected in the disappearance of Lucas Tronche, nor in the death of Antoine Zoia.

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...ritions-et-d-homicides-18-02-2019-8015028.php

(...) On the list appears, according to a source close to the investigation, the enigmatic case of the missing persons of the Fort of Tamié: two men who evaporated in 2011 and 2012 at the end of an electronic music festival in Savoy. But also that of Eric Foray, whose companion has had no news since he went shopping in a village in the Drôme in September 2016. At this stage, however, "no case formally and judicially leads to Nordahl Lelandais being implicated. These are cases that are considered interesting to investigate," warns General Lecouffe. Summarizing his working method: "We acted like a radar that detects a positive echo."

In these complex cases, however, the absence of bodies - and therefore of usable genetic traces - could complicate the task of investigators. Experience shows that Nordahl Lelandais only confessed when scientific or material evidence was brought against him. This was the case for both murders as well as for the sexual assaults he is suspected of having committed on two little cousins.

BBM

Last edited:
Hélas! & hélas! Il n'y a rien du tout.

so according to google translate:
Alas! & alas! There is nothing at all.

Darn...
impatient1.gif

Une famille de la Côte d'Azur inquiète après une disparition qui pourrait être liée à Nordahl Lelandais

The Ariane cell, created after the murders of Maëlys and Arthur Noyer in January 2018, identified some 40 cases of disappearances or homicides that could be linked to the alleged killer Nordahl Lelandais.

From Nice, Aïcha and Yamina Hamadou have been closely following the evolution of the work of the gendarmes investigating Nordahl Lelandais.

Since the night of 8 to 9 September 2012, they have been wondering about the disappearance of Ahmed, 44, their brother, near the Tamié fort near Albertville.

This case is one of forty cases in which the hypothesis of an involvement of Lelandais is a serious one. The suspect's phone pinged in the area that night.

"This does not imply any prejudgment, but it is disturbing," according to Corinne Hermann, lawyer for the Hamadou family. She requested the investigating judge for a whole series of documents.
"The family met the magistrate in November. We asked many questions. We are waiting for answers. Investigations are ongoing."

For Aïcha Hamadou, there is no doubt that Ahmed, who was always so concerned about his loved ones, has passed away.

His disappearance echoes that of Jean-Christophe Morin, a year earlier, in the same place.

He arrived by car to attend a music festival, he left on foot (like Ahmed), and never reappeared.

Ahmed Hamadou, a locksmith by training, but unemployed at the time of the events, lived in La Bridoire, west of Chambéry, five minutes from Pont-de-Beauvoisin, the town where little Maëlys disappeared. Did he get into Lelandais' car to go home? This question haunts his family.

BBM

.....The suspect's phone pinged in the area that night....

if true....

Une quarantaine de dossiers de disparitions vont être rouverts autour de la vie de Nordalh Lelandais

The conclusions of the gendarmes of the Ariane cell were communicated only to the prosecutors concerned, not to the families.

Adeline Morin is fighting to advance the investigation into the case of her brother Jean-Christophe who disappeared during the techno festival at the Fort de Tamié (Savoie) in 2011. Responding to France Bleu Pays de Savoie, Adeline Morin confided that she had not been contacted by the Ariane cell and therefore did not know if his file was among the forty cases. "We weren't waiting for the Ariane cell to take a map and see that my brother disappeared half an hour from where Corporal Noyer was found, also halfway to Lelandais' home. Whether or not we're part of these Ariane cell files doesn't change anything. We are counting on the investigating judge who received us in November."

Indeed, Jean-Christophe Morin's family, as well as that of Ahmed Hamadou, who disappeared at the same place a year later - in Tamié - were finally received last November by the Chambéry investigating judge in charge of the Lelandais case. The judge promised them that "new investigations will take place around the two unexplained disappearances."

When questioned by France Bleu Isère, Bernard Boulloud, lawyer for the family of Corporal Arthur Noyer, as well as for several missing persons in Isère, is of the opinion that " they are adding pain to the pain. Unfortunately, we do not know if we are one of the 40 files selected. We won't know anything about the conclusions of the Ariane cell for several months. We are waiting, frustrated and suffering. Justice doesn't take this enough into account."

The families know that being part of these cases does not imply Nordalh Lelandais' involvement. Adeline Morin believes that the families "are ready to hear that Nordalh Lelandais has nothing to do with it, that it is not him. But at least let's draw a final line on all the hypotheses. "

BBM

Nordahl Lelandais - Maître Bernard Boulloud au sujet affaires non résolues : « Le désarroi et la souffrance des familles sont immenses »

Counsel for the parents of Corporal Arthur Noyer from Bourges, for whose murder Nordahl Lelandais is under investigation, Me Bernard Boulloud also represents six families of potential victims of the former dog-handler.
"First of all, the work of the gendarmes should be commended," he said. "By screening some 800 files, they were able to select 40. The problem is that for the families and loved ones of the missing, this doesn't bring anything at the moment..."

"Beyond the fact of the announcement" of the Ariane cell officials, the lawyer deplores the fact that the families of potential victims of Nordahl Lelandais "are kept in the dark."

"My clients, and more broadly all families, loved ones, are in an unbearable situation of waiting," the lawyer insists. They still do not know if their case is among the 40 selected by the gendarmes. This way of not informing them, of not communicating, I find it exasperating!"

Me Boulloud criticizes both the attitude of the gendarmerie and that of the judiciary, who according to him "pass the ball back and forth."

That is why he says he wrote to the directors of the Ariane gendarmerie cell, "to express the immense distress and suffering of many families." He announced that this problem, which he called "crucial", would be discussed on Friday, March 1 in Chambéry, during a press conference held with the Association Assistance et Recherche de Personnes Disparues (ARPD).

BBM

I guess this cuts both ways: if Nordahl Lelandais could be involved, one must fear how it ended. Or, as Éric Foray's partner Régis Pique put it:

"At the same time it gives me hope,and it does not reassure me because if it is really Lelandais, alas, I become afraid. But I don't want to believe that Eric is no longer of this world and I still have hope."

Disparition d'Éric Foray, originaire de Nancy : la piste Nordahl Lelandais relancée ?

Disparition d'Adrien Fiorello à Firminy : entre espoir et incertitude | ACTIV Radio

Disappearance of Adrien Fiorello in Firminy: between hope and uncertainty

We found out earlier this week that forty disappearance cases will now be reopened by the Ariane cell of the national gendarmerie. The latter investigated for several months.

Unresolved disappearances, most of them in Rhône-Alpes, which could have a link with Nordahl Lelandais, the alleged murderer of little Maëlys in Isère and Arthur Noyer in Savoie... Cases that will now be investigated once again.

Something to question Marie-France Fiorello about in Firminy... Her son Adrien disappeared more than 8 years ago and the last time his mobile phone pinged was in Chambéry, a town that Lelandais used to live in. For the time being, it is too early to know if Adrien Fiorello's name is one of the forty cases listed by the investigators....

Marie France Fiorello:

We know that after little Maëlys, Adrien's case was investigated again, the investigations are not over yet, there are many things to investigate. It is with a great surprise that I learned about the search into those 40 disappeared. I, we the families do not know the names. Perhaps they will not tell us, for reasons of the secrecy of the investigation. I for one will do everything to find out, that goes without question. The developments have shocked me, we thought it was almost over, and all of a sudden this turn (...)

I want to know who these 40 persons are.
(*)

More than 8 years after the disappearance of her 22-year-old son at the time, Marie-France Fiorello still does not know if he is still alive.

BBM

* Oral transcript of the radio interview on Soundcloud, I haven't captured it literally nor all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Affaire Lelandais : 40 "cold cases" relancés par la cellule Ariane

Lelandais case: 40 "cold cases" relaunched by the Ariane cell

The Ariane cell of the Gendarmerie Nationale has forwarded to the courts 40 files of disturbing disappearances or unsolved homicides, out of a total of 900 that had been selected in January 2018, following Nordhal Lelandais' confession in the murder of Corporal Noyer and of little Maëlys.

(...)

This information has, of course, caused a stir in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region among the families of the disappeared, most of whom are grouped together within the ARPD, the association for the search for missing persons. In Isère, there are three families concerned: those of Nicolas Suppo who disappeared in 2010 in Échirolles, those of Malik Boutvillain, who disappeared in May 2012 in Échirolles and those of Stéphane Chemin, who disappeared in September 2012 in Bourg d'Oisans.

However, according to the lawyer of several of them, Bernard Boulloud, of the Bar in Grenoble, the justice system has not given them any information. "Is their file included in the 40 files selected or not? We don't know and it's very frustrating," the lawyer says.

This is the case with Yves Suppo. His son, Nicolas, employed in a company in Échirolles, near Grenoble, vanished one day in September 2010, during his lunch break. Initially the disappearance was filed without further action, but the case was reopened by the courts following the Lelandais case.

"It has been almost nine years that we don't know what happened to Nicolas. Our life consists of waiting and hoping that we will learn something. So, yes, his mother and I are ready to hear everything. But let us be told what is going on, if Nicolas' file is well within the remaining 40," Yves Suppo asks.

Justice, on the other hand, hides behind the secrecy of the investigation to explain its silence. "The secrecy of the investigation should not exist for cases of disappearance, especially when there is no suspect, if you would prefer so," according to Philippe Folletet, regional vice-president of the association for missing persons.

"We are in regular contact with these families, we know their pain. And this silence, which they experience as contempt on the part of justice, adds to their pain. The communication between magistrates and families must be improved."

BBM

Lelandais : des proches de disparus dénoncent un manque d'information

Lelandais: relatives of missing persons denounce a lack of information

The relatives of missing persons "demand" to know if "their case" is one of the 40 cases being investigated in which there could be a link with Nordhal Lelandais, indicted for the murder of little Maëlys and the murder of Corporal Noyer.

The Association for Assistance and Search for Missing Persons (ARPD) denounced in a statement "the lack of information for the families of missing persons during the search and investigation procedures". The association will participate on March 13th in Grenoble in a press conference organized by Maître Bernard Boulloud, the lawyer for families of the missing and the parents of Corporal Arthur Noyer.

According to the ARPD, "this lack of information manifests itself as soon as the disappearance has occurred, the family is being left to its own devices, not knowing what steps to take, especially when the disturbing nature of the disappearance is not acknowledged." The association also regrets that during the preliminary investigation "families must beg for information at the risk of being turned away by the investigating services or prosecutors."

"Finally, there is the problem of communicating important investigative information to relatives when it is publicized in the media, without families being informed in advance," the ARPD continues. This is the case for the announcement of the 40 files "selected" by the Ariane unit in which additional checks must make it possible to establish whether a link can be made with Nordhal Lelandais' activity. The families, left in ignorance of a possible link between "their disappearance" and the presence of Lelandais, are then plunged a little more into distress."

A fog that these families of the missing want to clear up. To do this, they now "demand" to know if "their case" is one of the 40 cases mentioned. Nordahl Lelandais is currently under investigation in four cases: the murder of Maëlys, the murder of Corporal Noyer and the sexual assault of two of his cousins.

BBM

Programme TV - Contre-enquête - Nordahl Lelandais : Maëlys et le mystère des disparus

Summary of "Contre-enquête": Nordahl Lelandais: Maëlys and the mystery of the missing persons

At the edges of the Bauges and Chartreuse massifs, in the Alps, 28 people mysteriously disappeared between 2007 and 2017. A sad record for the region, but above all, an unexplained record. An enigma that the investigators never tried to solve... Why is the disappearance rate so high in this area?

This question is the starting point of this "Counter-inquiry", that tells the story of one of the greatest neglects of the French justice.... This issue will lift the veil on the disorderly personality of Nordahl Lelandais, the one about whom many wonder if he might not be the "new French serial killer".

BBM

Contre-enquête will air coming Thursday at 21.00 hrs on M6.

From the article, this picture of 27 missing persons.

25447451.jpg

There are some names that are new to me.

First row, sixth: Adlène Kifani, 18, missing from Portes-Lès-Valence /Drôme since 16 04 2009. "Adlène wasn't used to getting up early, that day he was woken up by a phone call." And he left without his papers.
Six mois sans nouvelles de leur fils Adlène

First row, eighth: Ahmet Kocaksoy, 22, missing from Beaurepaire since 23.10.2009. Ahmet Kocaksoy disappeared, without warning, during the morning of 23 October 2009 from the family home. A departure that was not planned in advance because the young man left without spare clothing, without ID and almost without money.
Avis de recherche : disparu depuis trois mois

Third row, third: Sylvie Bogey, 57, missing from Chambéry since the evening of 03.04.2014, a Thursday. She was suffering from depression. Her car was found in the Tilleret car park in Saint-Alban-Leysse in Saturday morning. Saint-Alban-Leysse is the village next to Bassens, the car park is in the centre near the town hall.
Saint-Alban-Leysse: la famille de Sylvie Bogey poursuit les recherches

Third row, fourth: Patrick Convert, 50, missing from the hiking trail GR 54 le tour de l'Oisans et des Écrins since 12 - 27 06 2014. He started the trail in Bourg d'Oisans.
https://www.arpd.fr/galerie-1154-pa...ans-le-massif-des-ecrins-38-depuis-2-ans.html

Third row, fifth: Didier Petit-Imbert, 47, missing from Annecy since 31 10 2014.
His phone pinged last in Entrevernes. He has a little daughter aged 5 whom he visits every week, but that week he did not turn up. His family is very worried.
Disparition inquiétante à Annecy

Third row, eighth: Gabriel Guimet, 28, missing from Haute Savoie since 11 07 2007. Left without his medication, without means of payment and without his identity papers. May behave strangely and tired due to his psychiatric illness.
Gabriel GUIMET

Let's wait and see what the programme comes up with. I hope they do not blame all disappearances on Nordahl Lelandais. Accidents happen in the mountains, and so do suicides.

"There are many other cases." In the programme that M6 viewers will be able to see on Thursday, the Contre-enquête team raises in particular the case of around thirty persons who have gone missing, in a totally unexplained manner in the Alps region, and who could be linked to Nordahl Lelandais. "There was the case of Arthur Noyer, but there are many other cases," says Amandine Bégot. The programme refers in particular to the case of Lucie Roux, who was hospitalized in a psychiatric institute at the same time as Nordahl Lelandais, in Bassens, Savoy. In particular, the journalists took testimony from a person who "met them both in hospital and saw them having lunch together" several times.

Amandine Bégot : "'Contre-enquête' n'est pas juste une nouvelle émission de faits divers"

Amandine Bégot, anchor of the programme, tells in the interview (audio) that the mother of Lucie Roux retraced her daughter's last known movements with the help of Lucie's bank card. The Gendarmerie did not investigate, labelling the disappearance of Lucie 'voluntary' and she will turn up again.
Similar happened to Dalila Boutvillain when she tried to report her brother missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member