B6x342_CMAAzZ4P.jpg
B6wymWdIAAAsqtY.jpg
B6xziz0IcAAd5zr.jpg
B6x4JU-CMAEIKc_.jpg
B6xusBmIcAABEcu.jpg
B6x_Z5yCQAEEI-k.jpg
B6x0g_KCIAANluY.jpg
B6x1KPGCUAA1lEk.jpg

http://www.poynter.org/news/mediawi...oting-at-charlie-hebdo-front-pages-push-back/

Gunmen attacked during a weekly meeting. Did they plan this attack to coincide with a time when the maximum number of staff would be in small confines?

Here are 5 facts you need to know. It is not up to date, as the story evolves, but yes, Cherif Kouachi is a convicted terrorist.
http://heavy.com/news/2015/01/cherif-said-kouachi-hamid-mourad-charlie-hebdo-terror-attack/

From your link!
B6yAEmpIYAADdzF.jpg:large

armed with assault rifles and rocket launchers

50 shots
THey might not be as sharp as some saying! Lost shoe, went to wrong door, left their id in car!

Charbonnier was quoted as saying, “I prefer to die standing than to live on my knees.” He had received numerous death threats in the past and had been living in police protection. The magazine’s editor-in-chief, Gerard Biard, was in London when the shooting occurred.
One of Cherif’s Alleged Comrades Just Graduated High School Since graduating he had been homeless. His nationality is unknown.

At least 15,000 gathered at the Place de la République for a vigil

there is only one time a month that many people are there. It was not a coincidence.

Gunmen attacked during a weekly meeting. Did they plan this attack to coincide with a time when the maximum number of staff would be in small confines?

How did they decide the 18 yr old was a suspect? Was his ID left behind? Maybe he was framed?

Big is beautiful, completely, merci tellement...

Ty, I was thinking oh god are some folks gonna be pissed casue I could not get it smaller! But it is interesting. I had to translate your last two words !!! It is an unreal story tho......................

But all day I am just frustrated with the headline 12 killed..........all day still being reported that way . That is not the story. The story is 12 killed (I think this number is correct!) 11 injured, 4 critical.

WHy all day have the other 11 been ignored, how are they, where were they taken, prognosis, any of them talked to press, to officials, anything -- its like they just went poof -- this is internet wide, its very bizaire First, here is where they went and asked

Masked gunmen burst into 6 rue Nicolas-Appert in Paris about 11.30am local time on Wednesday, shouting "Is this Charlie Hebdo?" before realising they had the wrong address.

image-data.jpg

The men then moved quickly down the road to number 10 and fired at reception staff before going to the second floor and opening fire on an editorial conference being attended by eight journalists, a policeman tasked with protecting the magazine's editor-in-chief and a guest.

image-data.jpg

Shortly after fleeing the scene, the gunmen had a violent crash with another vehicle, injuring the driver.
They tried to continue but were forced to abandon their damaged vehicle about 2.5 kilometres from the Charlie Hebdo office.
image-data.jpg

Supposelly this is what the killer said to cop on ground ."You were going to kill me," the gunman reportedly said
before pulling the trigger.

police source said they knocked over a pedestrian as they sped away.

All day long I have heard female at the front door ..... assailants killed a man at the entrance of the building to force entry.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-08/paris-newspaper-attack-mapped/6006110

other arrests had taken place in circles linked to the two brothers.

links to them had carried out searches in Reims, Strasbourg and Paris as part of the investigation.
A Reuters reporter in Reims saw anti-terrorism police secure a building before a forensics team entered an apartment there while dozens of residents looked on.

a witness quoted by 20 Minutes daily newspaper said one of the assailants cried out before getting into his car: "Tell the media that it is al Qaeda in Yemen!"Supporters of Islamic State and other jihadist groups hailed the attack on Internet sites.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/08/us-france-shooting-idUSKBN0KG0Y120150108

This is a terrible tragedy imagine going to work and seeing your colleagues shot in front of you wondering if you will be next. Thanks for all your updates hopefully they will find the other two terrorists ASAP.

I heard there were cartoonists in the office who don't even work for the newspaper but were there for the new year meeting to plan the year ahead. The terrorists must have known this.

Could a mod please update the thread title now 12 people are known to have died?

suspects said to have both escaped into metro and been arrested, unsure if that means multiple suspects or one suspect initially fled and later arrested...

Oh My. Paris is having a terrible time. My prayers and best wishes for them to have some peace soon. :candle: :candle:

'Police in France have made seven arrests as they hunt for two named suspects over the deadly attack in Paris on staff at a satirical magazine.

The seven, connected to the two main suspects, were detained in the towns of Reims and Charleville-Mezieres, as well as in the Paris area, police said.

Photos were released of two brothers suspected of involvement in the attack.'...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30721677

Hi everyone
Just popping in to say I was at Place de la République last night, I just couldn't stay away with what was going on out there, 15 minutes' walk from my home. It was an extremely powerful moment and I very much felt the air of solidarity, we were all together. I felt proud to be part of the community. At one stage there was a long moment of silent which was absolutely incredible. Not a voice, not a sound, no distant sound of cars, sirens, nothing, as if we were in the middle of a country field in the heart of Paris.

Attachments

• IMG_9476.jpg
    IMG_9476.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 145
It was truly a beautiful sight, Waddles. Very heartfelt. And that is what it is going to take. Everyone has to come together and say NO MORE KILLINGS.

Another attack this morning in Paris, two members of the police shot ..................same group.

Area sealed off, looks as if they got away, happened at 8.20 am French time........just pulled up and shot two police officers at the side of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan