France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
data=U4aSnIyhBFNIJ3A8fCzUmaVIwyWq6RtIfB4QKiGq_w,B_hDT68osbTc-dmhhchbIB4S-i7prCCch_e84ySTJkJpToZNIKlAsKNvaCGN0ipbuFUZT-WDzUl4_S6f10kI6Ak7tlt65_QI1qRUPvThLFitomlJD2qFGMyQO4DlYlOnMvdihdpvnd-vx9-x7qu8CKgJODDe0TeboL-Hp7idHWhZIgOr0hFSEyyx68y2e9cwrMhGvOtuMbBi0HVv

IN America no cooperate entity would let any of their employees, in the middle of the day take a moment of silence

Do you have a link to this statement? If not then it is your opinion, and I can say absolutely not true.

I forgot to hit the reply button. So sorry it was someone asking about our media over here. They have been reporting unsubstantiated things because none of them had reporters in Paris until late.

My apologies as I said not directed at you. Just the networks over here.

Thank you for pointing it out. I did not notice as it is 3:45am in Washington state and I have been watching the news coverage from Paris for over 24 hours with less than 5 hours sleep.

The murders, in Paris, have hurt my very soul. Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press are two fundamental beliefs to me. I was taught this as a child, by parents, and believe this whole-heartedly as an adult.

I forgot to hit the reply button. So sorry it was someone asking about our media over here. They have been reporting unsubstantiated things because none of them had reporters in Paris until late.

My apologies as I said not directed at you. Just the networks over here.

No worries! I didn't see it as directed at me or at the French press but I was wondering what it was referring too :)

How are you feeling today and how are your friends and family feeling after this horrific murder spree?

I know I felt... violated after 9/11 and very sad that the murderers , that day, were from the country I considered my home, country I grew up in and spent half of my life in had just attacked my new home.

I grew up and spent half my life in Saudi Arabia and still have many, many dear friends there.

Just know that we all stand by all of you.

How are you feeling today and how are your friends and family feeling after this horrific murder spree?

I know I felt... violated after 9/11 and very sad that the murderers , that day, were from the country I considered my home, country I grew up in and spent half of my life in had just attacked my new home.

I grew up and spent half my life in Saudi Arabia and still have many, many dear friends there.

Just know that we all stand by all of you.

Thank you, that's very kind of you. I can only imagine how it made you feel.
The atmosphere here is powerful, people are uniting and rising up like never before and the feeling of connection, of solidarity is so intense and palpable. A huge number of my FB friends and their friends have switched their profile pictures to "Je suis Charlie". I haven't seen this kind of emotion since everyone turned out into the streets to protest the sudden rise of the extreme right, many years ago. I think we all feel stronger and closer for this. France is not afraid.
Being at Place de la Republique last night with what felt like all of Paris is something I will never forget. It was very powerful. Anyone would be moved by experiencing that. I went there alone and felt like I was standing with friends and family. We were all together. It was so peaceful.
We won't stand for this. They were mega famous and very very well loved cartoonists and journalists. They were the epitome of democracy and freedom of speech.
I'm staying home today as is my mother, and my friends all say they can't focus on work. Today is a day of mourning.

I switched my Facebook to "Je suis Charlie," yesterday as well. Do not let them frighten you guys into silence. If I could be there I would stand beside all of you.

Who leaves their ID at the site where he murdered? How strange is that? Red herring?

just heard that on CNN. bah.

RIP

i saw something that said the suspect/s were wearing the same sort of garb as the people from yesterday, anyone else see that? (will go look for link)

*from link in above post - dark clothes, suspected bullet proof vest, automatic weapon, no mask

I wonder if the attack this morning in the south west of Paris was a diversion to allow the other group in the north east to enter the city ?

Two suspects cornered in a house in Crépy-en-Valois.

Creeps .... what's in a name?

The Local France @TheLocalFrance · 1m 1 minute ago
Two Puma troop transport helicopters flying above Crépy en Valois where the suspects are thought to be hiding out, @France3tv says

The Local France @TheLocalFrance · 17m 17 minutes ago
Unconfirmed reports say the suspects are barricaded in a house in Crépy en Valois surrounded by armed police

itele @itele · 6 min.

#CharlieHebdo > drapeaux jihadistes et cocktails Molotov retrouvés dans la voiture abandonnée mercredi à Paris ( proche dossier)

Translation:

#CharlieHebdo> Jihadist flags and petrol bombs found in car abandoned in Paris on Wednesday (source close to case)

BBM

Itele via FB
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fran...suspects-repérés-dans-laisne/1030037917013693

Translation:

Attack against Charlie Hebdo: suspects identified in the Aisne

The two brothers, one of them a jihadist known to anti-terrorist services, suspected of being the perpetrators of the massacre at Charlie Hebdo, were located this morning northeast of Paris.
Police forces inspect the scene, near Villers-Cotterets.

The two were seen at a gas station in the Aisne, on the RN2. The manager claims to have them "formally recognized" they were hooded and heavily armed, and they were traveling in a gray Clio.
The portraits of Sharif and Said Kouachi were widely circulated. The two brothers, aged 32 and 34 years, were born in Paris and have the French nationality.
The police lost track of them yesterday, Porte de Pantin.

The Boulevard Périphérique is under special vigilance. The authorities fear that the two men may attempt a suicide operation in the capital.

At noon, the two men were again spotted. Raid and GIGN [Special Forces] are deployed on site. The lawyer for the suspects calls on them to surrender.

BBM

Le Pointe is reporting (according to The Guardian) that a search of one suspect's browser history previously, revealed child *advertiser censored*. I can't confirm the original as Le Pointe has a paywall.

'As a teenager Kouachi was often in trouble with the police for a number of crimes. The most serious of which saw him imprisoned for three years in May 2008 after his involvement in the establishment of a network to send would-be Jihadis to Iraq.

In May 2010, police arrested Kouachi, Djamel Beghat and a number of other associates on suspicion of terrorist activity. The prosecution emphasised that Beghat had played an influential role in the radicalisation of Kouachi, who was characterised as a “pupil” who had gravitated towards Beghat.

Police raids at Kouachi’s home uncovered a number of Arabic texts, as well as videos of speeches from members of al-Qaida. Kouachi’s internet browsing history revealed a number of Islamic and Jihadi related sites, as well as child *advertiser censored*.'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...-arrests-in-manhunt-for-suspects-live-updates

French police could use one of those bulletproof personnel carriers that lots of US police depts have, at this time. Taking shelter behind an ordinary vehicle won't provide much protection against the weapons the suspects have.

I'm afraid they are going to invade someone's home for shelter, and hold them hostage....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry