France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree although there is a big difference. People like Tim McVeigh (who was essentially a white supremist type who was against the Government) are very few in numbers as compared to muslim extremists who have huge numbers. Count the number of incidents of the Tim types VS the number of incidents of Muslim extremists.

I think it is safe to say that most all recent terrorist activity has been with crazy radical muslims.

McVeigh was a secular anti-government ideologue. The myth that religion drove him is just that - a myth. He rejected altogether his Catholic upbringing. And frankly, we can offload that claim entirely when we accept the premise that political Islam has nothing to do with religion either. But it does scare people, including the media, into referencing all things Islamic under religion, then reasoning that we should not offend. Look at the cowering media. Do they behave like this when reporting about tyrannical activities coming from North Korea or China or Russia?

Just an observation.

Christianity has a history that includes violence. But we can't argue that its prophet went on missions of imperialism or mass conversion, established a tax on non-believers who don't convert, wielded a sword, or took women as possessions. Nor can we say Jesus penned the Bible. And while some Christians might believe the US and Western democracy is rooted in Christianity, the US and Western democracies, though they may vary in how religion interfaces with their governments, do not mandate submission to a state religion.

Islam has a history of violence, it's governments under Islamic law are tyrannies that limit freedom and impose restriction on private behavior under the law, and deny democratic processes, viewing women as extensions of their husbands and male family members. Clerics and Imams are part of government and provide instruction as to how the masses shall behave under law, including non-Muslims. Islam's prophet is said to have delivered the Quran. Because scores of Muslims reject the tyranny established by Islamic governments and advanced by violence-promoting religious leadership, and because they do not embrace particular sections of Quran, or have adopted modern secular practices, does not change Islamic law, it's source, or the ongoing violence under the direction of religious leadership.

Modernity and secular principles of liberty advanced by the West, and implemented by democratic governments, is why elephant dung can be hung on the Virgin Mary, or Christ can be displayed in sexually provocative positions, and Christians don't take up arms and slaughter those engaging in the 'offensive' speech. In fact, the writings of Western political philosophers who informed the documents that frame our democracy stipulate that it is in fact the most offensive and provocative speech that must be protected and allowed a place in the marketplace of idea.

Charb said that of all the satires and all the ridicule of politicians and religions the publication printed, the only threats of violence came from the Islamic world.

At some point, that has to be considered. JMO

Excellent post.

The Egypt leader speech that was on some page further back in this thread was a good example of someone from that faith that is being honest. He recognizes the problems within the faith and is calling for the Imams to help correct things and not let their faith be hijacked. It was a great speech by him.

And for some unknown reason, our US president doesnt seem to want to work together with him nor the Israel president who should be good allies as the world is forced to deal with this.

It was shocking to watch that video of the final moments when the gunman tried to run out. Kudos to the French policeman who faced the danger and did their job. They did wonderful and with few innocent caught in crossfire casualties.

Im not even sure if any innocents were even hit by accidental crossfire as they killed him as he tried to run out. The policeman were great.

I keep going back to that video -that RAID french police officer who went in alone, what balls I keep saying, I mean it's incredible!

McVeigh was a secular anti-government ideologue. The myth that religion drove him is just that - a myth. He rejected altogether his Catholic upbringing. And frankly, we can offload that claim entirely when we accept the premise that political Islam has nothing to do with religion either. But it does scare people, including the media, into referencing all things Islamic under religion, then reasoning that we should not offend. Look at the cowering media. Do they behave like this when reporting about tyrannical activities coming from North Korea or China or Russia?

Just an observation.

Re: BBM
I agree. My understanding of him was he was a white supremist type who was against the Government. His main motivation was to take revenge for what the Government did in Waco when the government rushed in to stop a cult leader.

[video=youtube;1xpkRj99FH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xpkRj99FH0[/video]

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine
Et lux perpetua eis.

Stephane Charbonnier, editor
Jean Cabut, cartoonist
Georges Wolinski, cartoonist
Bernard Verlhac, cartoonist
Philippe Honore, cartoonist
Bernard Maris, economist
Elsa Cayat, psychoanalyst and columnist
Mustapha Ourrad, copy editor
Michel Renaud, visitor
Frederic Boisseau, caretaker
Ahmed Merabet, policeman
Brigadier Franck Brinsolaro, police bodyguard

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/Brigitte-Gabriel-Anjem-Choudary-Islam/2015/01/08/id/617344/

"Gabriel — whose non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots group promotes national security and the defeat of terrorism — said Wednesday's terror attack in Paris is tragic, but not unexpected thanks to Europe's long apathy on immigration.

"Because Europe ignored the Islamic cancer of terrorism and radicalism rising within its midst for the last 30 or 40 years, look at what they're dealing with today," Gabriel said.

"Europe could've dealt with the problem very early on in the 80s when the Islamists began organizing, especially after they brought in their family members … started multiplying … started using the government's welfare system to basically grow their families.

"The Europeans turned the blind eye thinking 'Well, we're uncomfortable with it, but we don't really care as long as we have cheap labor.' "

Prime Minister Manuel Valls declared Saturday that France was at war with radical Islam after the harrowing sieges that had led to the deaths of three gunmen and four hostages the day before, and as the authorities mounted a frantic hunt for a suspected accomplice.

“It is a war against terrorism, against jihadism, against radical Islam, against everything that is aimed at breaking fraternity, freedom, solidarity,” Mr. Valls said during a speech in Évry, south of Paris.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/world/europe/paris-terrorist-attacks.html

First posted by another poster on different thread..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

"Brigitte Gabriel gives FANTASTIC answer to Muslim woman claiming all Muslims are portrayed badly "

Thanks, I've seen that before. She ROCKS:rocker:

Don't think this has been posted:

Owner of printers who was held hostage in dramatic siege by Kouachi brothers dressed the terrorists' wounds and made them COFFEE, after ordering his employee to hide and save himself

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...veals-insists-s-sorry-died.html#ixzz3ORdgxYaI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

[video=youtube;1xpkRj99FH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xpkRj99FH0[/video]

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine
Et lux perpetua eis.

Stephane Charbonnier, editor
Jean Cabut, cartoonist
Georges Wolinski, cartoonist
Bernard Verlhac, cartoonist
Philippe Honore, cartoonist
Bernard Maris, economist
Elsa Cayat, psychoanalyst and columnist
Mustapha Ourrad, copy editor
Michel Renaud, visitor
Frederic Boisseau, caretaker
Ahmed Merabet, policeman
Brigadier Franck Brinsolaro, police bodyguard

Wow, thank you. That's just beautiful.

Sunday, a rally will be held in Paris where other European leaders, as well as foreign representatives, will stand in unity with the people of France.

bowed heads .jpg

Brigitte Gabriel congratulated Al Sisi this morning on Fox. Calling upon all Western leaders to support his push for reform of radical teaching by clerics.

He is a brave man. Hopefully other leaders will follow suit.

First posted by another poster on different thread..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

"Brigitte Gabriel gives FANTASTIC answer to Muslim woman claiming all Muslims are portrayed badly "

She has been on FOX a lot lately and she "gets it". She is very honest and not afraid to talk about the things that need to be talked about.

Another great FOX + CNN reporter that "gets it" is a scholar named = (Reza Aslan). He fully understands the issues and is not afraid to discuss them.

It takes courage and we have to get away from being so politically correct that we do not discuss what needs to be discussed and solved. The only way to solve issues is to discuss them openly and honestly.

Excellent post.

The Egypt leader speech that was on some page further back in this thread was a good example of someone from that faith that is being honest. He recognizes the problems within the faith and is calling for the Imams to help correct things and not let their faith be hijacked. It was a great speech by him.

And for some unknown reason, our US president doesnt seem to want to work together with him nor the Israel president who should be good allies as the world is forced to deal with this.

Where the issue goes off its rails for me is, when the faith that is predicated on a prophet's written instruction is said to have been distorted by people...who are following the instruction...where was there a hijacking? This is the dilemma that I see for those such as the new Egyptian leadership. It's one thing to oppose the Muslim Brotherhood. It's another to oppose the text that informs the establishment of non-democratic governments and denial of basic liberty, then claim that the text prohibits violence and oppression, and it was maligned in some way.

But I agree that this leader is a refreshing change from the usual leadership in that region.

On another note, why do US presidents feel a need to publicly designate Islam as a peaceful religion? George Bush launched that as a national narrative. Has any US president ever said "Christianity is a peaceful religion"? Have we had annual Communion activities at the White House? Yet we host Ramadan dinners.

The US is afraid of the Islamic world and our journos are official spokespersons for the marketing program of Islamic governments. JMO.

Re: BBM
I agree. My understanding of him was he was a white supremist type who was against the Government. His main motivation was to take revenge for what the Government did in Waco when the government rushed in to stop a cult leader.

Yes, I think the myth is promoted by those who like to do comparisons between the history of Islamic terrorism and the McVeigh terrorist act.

crystalgenie, you never offend, I find your posts informative. Waddles, you and others, I certainly don't know much on this topic, and between learning more, and having first hand accounts from people that live or have lived in France is fascinating. Thank-you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska