France - Machine Gun attack on magazine Charlie Hebdo #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, FOX news isn't able to confirm, but word is trickling out they have two in custody and one is dead.

This is not confirmed, but from their reporter near the scene of today's horrible incident.

JMHO
fran
Thanks Fran. I so hope it is true. I have shed a lot of tears over this today.

Just saw your post Mrs G Norris- thank you. Good news.

France TV showing building surrounded, saying one terrorist dead. I don't have much more info as my translator keeps forgetting to translate but is just watching the tv instead.....

Camera shots of apartment in Reims don't look like there has been a shootout...

TV here has cut from live coverage to recaps now...:(

One of the men who was on his way to work at the office to day and witnessed the aftermath was just on CNN, he says that there was a police presence at the office until September, when it was removed as the officials decided the threat had passed and it was no longer necessary.

MSNBC is backing off very clearly on saying if anyone is dead or arrested or located. There deal is what has gotten out was from Frech govt to US govt - not for public. As of now nothing has been announced regrading arrest, locating them or shooting anyone.

This publication seems to have been deliberately provocative over a long period of time, what do we think about that?

I applaud them for it. SATIRE is our life's blood. It is the core of comedy/drama and human emotions.

And it is a perfect way to stand up to the extremists. If I told you that I would kill you and your family if you ever said my name in public, would you accept that threat and do as told? Or would you stand up to me and exclaim how ridiculous and uncalled for my threats were?

I realize they're saying on MSNBC that they caught the murderers, and FOX news has said the same thing, per the FOX guy in Paris, they are NOT confirming the perps have been caught. They just keep saying to the FOX reporter their is an OPERATION. I think they're probably going further into the area where they MAY HAVE caught these guys, to be sure there are no others involved. Just a guess, anyway.

JMHO
fran

it has been very strange all day 12 dead, but there also are 11 injurded 4 critical

I am finding the reporting of this incident very strange, as if there is some kind of media block in place .. do the Europeans on this thread feel that way too, or is coverage just better over there, and we're just getting facts that can be confirmed from a distance?

Total confusion on twitter now. Alledgedly, French Special Forces have left the centre of Reims and the hunt has moved to Charleville-Mézières, a town near the border with Belgium.
It is claimed that a family member of one of the terrorists has been arrested, if so and why is unclear.

The Guardian Live Blog has gone to bed in Britain, and in Sidney, Australia, Ben Doherty takes over. He has a lot to catch up an no real news.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...azine-shooting-france-police-manhunt-suspects

A local reporter:

Ali Benbournane @alibenbournane ·
#Charliehebdo opération de police terminée à #Charleville @France3CA

Translation:

Police operations in Charleville have been terminated.

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member