Frustration!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What has you frustrated with trial so far?

• Total voters
Nothing frustrates me. I think the trial is going better than I expected. The state is amazing. She is going to be convicted. I don't see the death penalty, but she may very well get it. That baby had tape practically covering her face. I hope she was sedated but you never know and that is an aggravating factor that cannot be denied. Cruelty is definitely taken into account and there is no way this murder was an easy one on Caylee. There is too much chloroform and it had to be terrifying for her.

I believe that this was profound hate for the child and Cindy, Tony was secondary. Hate came first. She is dangerous and should be kept from the public. She is really a dangerous person to be out and about.

ok - new frustration today - took a vacation day to take mom to dr this morning and meet the satellite installer this afternoon - thought I could watch some of the trial this afternoon while I waited and they had to recess early

to add to that frustration - the satellite guy hasn't gotten here yet either

but regarding the trial itself - I agree with Solace - it seems to be going well for the state so far and I have no frustrations there

I'm frustrated foremost by Baez's lack of basic courtroom skills.

In my opinion, Baez tends to pull questions out of the air when questioning state witnesses, and I don't see how the questions further the discussion. Baez's poor use of English at times is also confusing. I don't have the transcripts so I can't give you a direct quote, but to me a typical Baez exchange goes like this:

witness A: yes, I collected that sample on July 20th, 2008.

Baez: So, you're telling us that in by that first order, July 20th. Rice crispies, hockey puck?

witness A: umm. can you repeat the question?

In my opinion, Baez tends to pull questions out of the air when questioning state witnesses, and I don't see how the questions further the discussion. Baez's poor use of English at times is also confusing. I don't have the transcripts so I can't give you a direct quote, but to me a typical Baez exchange goes like this:

Baez: So, you're telling us that in by that first order, July 20th. Rice crispies, hockey puck?

:floorlaugh::loser:

Only fhrustrations I had with this trial are:

1. Baez not understanding the word sustained the FIRST time. It takes HHJP at least two or more times for him to get it. AND then, he asks the same question with a word or two changed and gets HHJP to say once again, SUSTAINED. And continues to reword his question only to hear HHJP say SUSTAINED MOVE ON MR BAEZ.

2. On my treadmill while viewing my laptop with the volume turned up as high as it goes, I cannot hear every word when I speed up my runs. So what do I do about this. Think count, think. Hummmm, my iPhone 4 has bluetooth. But I don't use voice. I text. Hummmm, go to Best Buy and get a great bluetooth headset. Don't need one to talk, NO but I do to listen. :great: So missy ICA cost me $100.00 today so I can listen and run at the same time.

My frushtration stems from my tendency to fall for HLN's method of judging the success of each day by either a win or lose for the SA or defense. I would be far less frushtrated if I focused on the big picture and reminded myself that the evidence is being released by the SA in small pieces to create a total picture. Sometimes hard to remember when the DT tries to plant the seed of doubt with absolutely no basis whatsoever. I guess it all boils down to PATIENCE on my part!

Okay, I am about tired of people having to explain pictures to me. I know that in respect to Caylee, they wont release nothing. But, jeez, I'm tired of not being able to see. I can't go to the court room cause, well, I live hours away. Come on media, use your pixelation and show at least some of the video. At least show the pic that they used for the before shot.

And all these sidebars, jury in and out... ughhhh I am soo impatient...

Baez frustrates me. He doesn't "get" or understand the expert testimony -- it goes directly over his head. And because he does not understand it, he formulates questions that make no sense and that really cannot be answered properly. I think he bashes the experts over and over with these inane questions so many times that they end up giving a "yes" or "no" just to shut him up and move on. Dr. Vass had it exactly right when he told Baez that he (Baez) didn't understand what was going on.

Nothing frustrates me. I think the trial is going better than I expected. The state is amazing. She is going to be convicted. I don't see the death penalty, but she may very well get it. That baby had tape practically covering her face. I hope she was sedated but you never know and that is an aggravating factor that cannot be denied. Cruelty is definitely taken into account and there is no way this murder was an easy one on Caylee. There is too much chloroform and it had to be terrifying for her.

I believe that this was profound hate for the child and Cindy, Tony was secondary. Hate came first. She is dangerous and should be kept from the public. She is really a dangerous person to be out and about.

Was it shown that tape covered her entire face? I was watching the entire thing live and I never saw such pictures.

If she had overdosed on chloroform then she would have been comatose when the tape was applied over her head. Unless her hands were tied (which there is no indication of) then she could have grabbed at the tape with her fingers. So that suggests to me that she was not aware of her surroundings or experienced any great pain. What I don't understand is if she was most definitely dead after the chloroform then why was the tape put there unless KC wanted to stage a kidnapping and murder?

I think she was jealous of the affection Cindy and George showed to Caylee . Caylee looks a lot more like Cindy than she does KC.

OK, one more addition to MY list of frustrations!! What's with the "Easel" All this expert testimony, books, papers, pictures, CD's, etc. and JB brings out his "Easel" and colored markers and scribbles NONSENSE!!

What frustrates me is that the jury is not hearing all the evidence.
I have no idea how to make a forum on WS, but it would be nice to have one that tells and shows all the evidence the jury does not get to hear & see.The Jury stays out more than in because of the sidebar calls

Was it shown that tape covered her entire face? I was watching the entire thing live and I never saw such pictures.

If she had overdosed on chloroform then she would have been comatose when the tape was applied over her head. Unless her hands were tied (which there is no indication of) then she could have grabbed at the tape with her fingers. So that suggests to me that she was not aware of her surroundings or experienced any great pain. What I don't understand is if she was most definitely dead after the chloroform then why was the tape put there unless KC wanted to stage a kidnapping and murder?

I think she was jealous of the affection Cindy and George showed to Caylee . Caylee looks a lot more like Cindy than she does KC.

BBM. The pictures were pixelated or blurred over the skull area, so the skull and tape could not be seen. From what I've read on various discovery documents, tape was not over her entire face, just her mouth and nose area. As for her hands being "tied", they could have been duct taped, as an extra piece of duct tape was found near the remains.

I'll second that. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

OK, one more addition to MY list of frustrations!! What's with the "Easel" All this expert testimony, books, papers, pictures, CD's, etc. and JB brings out his "Easel" and colored markers and scribbles NONSENSE!!

Oh, DollyPardonMe, I loathe the easel. Every time it appears I die a little inside. There must be a special place in the underworld reserved for anyone who abuses otherwise potentially useful materials in such a manner.

JB's problem is that he thinks he's endearing himself to the jury via his attempts at "simplification." What he's really doing, of course, is insulting their intelligence. As a college professor, I can tell you, he is terrible at using visual aids and should cease and desist posthaste! Please! I am not entirely certain I can endure too much more easel time, and I know very well that the DT's case will feature a lot of it -- we haven't seen anything yet.... :gasp:

the most frustrating part for me is that I rarely get to see any of the trial live because of work and the 2nd most frustrating part is that when I do get to watch a little of it on In Session they talk thru one sidebar after another and then when questioning resumes they cut to a commercial :banghead:

Aafromaa, if you have a PC, just go to WFTV's coverage.I won't post a link (MODS?), but it's a simple search. You can either watch an isolated view of ICA and the DT or one with the witness and questioner. There are rarely commercials of any kind.

I'm getting frustrated with a little pattern we seen each day. Baez is overruled...or an objection against him is sustained...but it doesn't end there. He argues and tries to "explain" his way out of it. I wish HHJP would put a STOP to this.

Either he's hoping they'll teach him something or he's having a kindergarten flashback!

MY BIGGEST FRUSTRATION? the fact that the talking heads keep saying that the prosecution has no case and Casey could very well be aquitted or at least have a hung jury. I really don't know if I could handle that. I try not to get emotionally invested but this case gets to me. ALL THE LIVES SHE HAS RUINED! Her sweet baby is dead, every person who has come into contact with her during this time or trial has had to be investigated, interrogated or belittled. I mean are we really suppossed to believe she would open up her every lie to the world, have her family invaded and sit in jail for 3 years for an ACCIDENTAL DROWNING. I swear I will go nuts if the jury does not piece this all together. I am frustrated daily with worry of another OJ verdict and JB and CM waltzzing on every talk show discuss how awesome they are, Casey becoming a millionair selling her story ect. This is all about Caylee. Even if it was an "accident" the fact that she chose not to call 911 still makes it murder. Caylee could have been saved. Can the jury still get her for 1st or 2nd degree on that admittance alone?

sorry for the long rant. the talking heads really got to me today on how they see this case.

MY BIGGEST FRUSTRATION? the fact that the talking heads keep saying that the prosecution has no case and Casey could very well be aquitted or at least have a hung jury. I really don't know if I could handle that. I try not to get emotionally invested but this case gets to me. ALL THE LIVES SHE HAS RUINED! Her sweet baby is dead, every person who has come into contact with her during this time or trial has had to be investigated, interrogated or belittled. I mean are we really suppossed to believe she would open up her every lie to the world, have her family invaded and sit in jail for 3 years for an ACCIDENTAL DROWNING. I swear I will go nuts if the jury does not piece this all together. I am frustrated daily with worry of another OJ verdict and JB and CM waltzzing on every talk show discuss how awesome they are, Casey becoming a millionair selling her story ect. This is all about Caylee. Even if it was an "accident" the fact that she chose not to call 911 still makes it murder. Caylee could have been saved. Can the jury still get her for 1st or 2nd degree on that admittance alone?

sorry for the long rant. the talking heads really got to me today on how they see this case.

First, if she's found guilty she cannot make any money off of her crime. Second, it seems the talking heads are split because they are pandering to a specific audience.

Here's my biggest worry. That the DT's tactics are going to resonate with a juror or two and a mistrial will ensue. I'm really worried about the woman who said she can't judge only God can judge. Hopefully God sends her the right message. Also, there may be a juror who just thinks JB makes sense. Remember what George Carlin said; Think about how dumb the average American is and then realize half of them are dumber than that.

Oh, DollyPardonMe, I loathe the easel. Every time it appears I die a little inside. There must be a special place in the underworld reserved for anyone who abuses otherwise potentially useful materials in such a manner.

JB's problem is that he thinks he's endearing himself to the jury via his attempts at "simplification." What he's really doing, of course, is insulting their intelligence. As a college professor, I can tell you, he is terrible at using visual aids and should cease and desist posthaste! Please! I am not entirely certain I can endure too much more easel time, and I know very well that the DT's case will feature a lot of it -- we haven't seen anything yet.... :gasp:
He brings out the easel in an attempt to portray the Defence as the underdog...They don't have the big, mean technology and money to do much more than to buy paper and pens that don't work...Pathetic little tactic that may have worked 10-15 years ago but it makes him look deficient at best in 2011.

moo

ETA - I am by no means a "techie" but today, he even tried to belittle photoshop as being an inaccurate software. Baahahaaha. He does know that there are computer knowledgeable people on the jury, doesn't he?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller
Back