"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Guilty V Not Guilty & What Level

• Guilty 1st Degree Murder - Totally Premeditated

Votes: 530 79.3%
  • Guilty 2cnd Degree Murder

Votes: 58 8.7%
  • Guilty Manslaughter - Not premeditated but during a Rage attack or a snapped moment

Votes: 61 9.1%
  • Not Guilty - Complete Accident

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • Completely Innocent

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Guilty. The presumption of innocence prevails. Moreover, assuming the body is Caylee, without a cause of death or mechanics of death, we know of no new evidence that would support either manslaughter or premeditated murder.

Not guilty Wudge??? Now, that surprises me coming from you!!! :crazy:

While opinion is not necessarily evidentiary, there are two powerfully valid but seperate judiciaries at work, - the court of "Law" and the court of "Public Opinion". While the first is binding, the second is not bound. Condemning without substance is no more an inherent liability than is the adverse of legal complacency. While the "legality" of whether KC killed her daughter - maliciously or not, solely or not, actually or not - will be decided by jury's poll, the public's poll has long been in. A truth is self-evident and doesn't change by a verdict. Let's hope the one reflects the other.

Guilty for the poll. I still say George and Cindy should be charged with fraud. They used everyone, even .baby Caylee to help Casey. If that isn't a crime it should BE!

I'm most definitely a "G" for Guilty. Even without the body, IMHO there is enough evidence that overwhelmingly suggests Caylee died at the hands of her mother. Plus, I am sure there is evidence that LE has that we don't know about it. If the remains found are indeed Caylee, there is little to no hope of KC being found not guilty...again JMO.

She's presently innocent, but hopefully will be proven guilty, and then I will LOL.

On a serious note, I do fear that the defense is going to pull an 11th hour "accidental death" card, which may (or may not) be proven true. They will have trouble with the chloroform evidence though.

I personally hope that Caylee's death was a result of extreme negligence and not premeditated. I just can't imagine the level of evil that would be necessary to plan and then carry out the murder of a baby, but I do realize that it happens, sadly.

In my heart, I've believed all along that she was guilty. In my head, I've tried every way possible to see both sides. Since the beginning, I've been reading and researching right along with you all, trying to see and understand the "other side", but in the end, my heart won out.

Guilty. Her speaking in code to her family was an attempt to get them to find her first. Fortunately, they were too dumb to figure it out.

Guilty,morally,ethically, spiritually, physcially,l ("but we have to verify it Legally!!") to paraphrase the munchkins in the Wizard of Oz. I think we might see some obstruction of justice charges for certain of her "relatives"

All I can think of is the controversy surrounding the tape on Baby Conner's neck in the Laci case. i wonder if this duct tape will provide similar controversy.

Bags and tape or twine go together.

I have yet to see any evidence that would convince me (if I were a juror) that KC is guilty of the actual charges laid against her, i.e. 1st degree murder or aggravated manslaughter. Until I do, I will reserve judgement.

One thing I am sure of, is that it is a good job that civilised societies such as ours have a legal system that affords a presumption of innocence and a right to a fair trial. The lynch mob mentality I have witnessed on various blogs and forums (including this one) is truly frightening, IMO!

I do not deny for one minute that any unnecessary loss of life is a tragedy, particularly when it is an innocent child, but I am still appalled at the sheer number of people who appear to have already decided KC is deserving of the death penalty before she has been proven guilty of any crime that would warrant it!

If she has wilfully or recklessly caused the death of her child then she will deserve the punishment she receives. At the moment however, she is, and should be, presumed innocent of those acts.

I thank God that our judicial system gives every defendant the presumption of innocence. But private citizens are not the judicial system and we have a right to discuss cases and form our own opinions. Our personal opinions don't carry any weight in a court of law and that's the way it should be. Can you imagine a system where private citizens were not permitted to discuss criminal or legal cases? It certainly wouldn't happen in a free socieity.
By the way, I think it was appalling the way people congregated outside the Anthony home. I agree, those people certainly were demonstrating a "lynch mob" mentality.

I agree. Between the duct tape, the chloroform searches, the lies, the 31 days, her lack of concern for her daughter's whereabouts in the phone calls from jail, her smiling party pictures, etc., etc., I am convinced she's guilty.

Snipped....

Ditto!!!! :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Love every way you explain points. But I think she could only be found NG only if you represented her. Thank you, Wudge, for not doing that!

Casey might be guilty of an unlawful killing. She might be not guilty of an unlawful killing. Murder and manslaughter are very different animals, and prosecutors had previously indicted Casey on both charges. That told me me that the evidence they had -- prior to the discovery of a little girl's body -- was not dispositive of murder. So these legal panhandlers attempted to cover the bases by blindly tagging Casey with manslaughter too.

Assuming the body is Caylee, we need to see if the M.E. can determine the cause of death and the mechanics of death. Even if the M.E. determines both, the circumstances of death might well be remain wide open.

I watch the video of Caylee singing "you are my sunshine" with the amended line "please don't take nana's sunshine away" and it makes me physically ill to even let the thought stir that KC may have intentionally killed that sweet baby for the sole purpose of taking "nana's sunshine" away. I can only hope that Caylee died accidently and that KC reacted maniacly. That is what I want to believe. I know the evidence continues to point toward a premeditated murder, but I hope with all my heart, for the A's peace of mind...or even for my selfish need to not have nightmares, that her demise was accidental. It would still mean KC's guilt out of neglect... and I would still see her as a monster for playing the victim and for taking such joy from her own mother's pain...but I could probably lose the sick feeling in my own stomach.....

I SO AGREE!!! When she never took a "deal" I thought, gosh, it might not have been a "soft" death. She's acting like she fears discovery of TRAUMA to the body. We'll soon know the truth...

Ripley, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of her actions yesterday. I believe we can now hone in on Casey's biggest fears. She is afraid that now her parents know the truth, will they abandon her and take away that love she was working hard to get in those jailhouse videos. She was their little girl again. Now they're going to know. Casey's fears aren't for what the law will do to her. It is what her parents will, and their damage has always been psychological and emotional. Her panic attack was the physical response to knowing her parents found out. I would predict that in the next days we see a complete emotional breakdown.

Dear Casey,
Everyone knows, Casey. EVERYONE. All your friends, all your family, all your boyfriends, the whole town of Orlando, the whole state of Florida, the rest of the United States, people in all countries on all continents have been following this case. WE ALL KNOW NOW, CASEY.

Good luck with that. Everyone DOESN'T lie, and Caylee didn't HAVE to die. Whatever happens to you now, that is your fate.

Not Guilty. The presumption of innocence prevails. Moreover, assuming the body is Caylee, without a cause of death or mechanics of death, we know of no new evidence that would support either manslaughter or premeditated murder.

With all due respect, your opinion may change when the forensics come back and show evidence that this was premeditated. I still believe she didn't die as a result of accidential chlorform overdose, etc...

Can't LE use death searches on internet, statements regarding her being anchored down by having a child, her inability to explain how/where she kept her on nights prior to her death when she slept at friends without her, etc...as premediation?

In addition, the arguement of her pinning this on the nanny as she was in jail will be defeated when/if fingerprints/dna/etc is shown to exist INSIDE that bag.

guilty as sin.

and as for insanity...Casey is long past the point where she can claim voices told her to kill Caylee to save her from the devil....we will be talking about this case for years.

Shes a first degree killer...and the murder was henious and premeditated.

With all due respect, your opinion may change when the forensics come back and show evidence that this was premeditated. I still believe she didn't die as a result of accidential chlorform overdose, etc...

Can't LE use death searches on internet, statements regarding her being anchored down by having a child, her inability to explain how/where she kept her on nights prior to her death when she slept at friends without her, etc...as premediation?

In addition, the arguement of her pinning this on the nanny as she was in jail will be defeated when/if fingerprints/dna/etc is shown to exist INSIDE that bag.

Correct. My position might change. But at this time, we have two widely disparate charges and gondolas of rumor, innuendo and speculation.

After I've heard both sides, I assess evidence againt the elements required to prove the charge, nothing more. In cases where the evidence takes me up and over the hurdle of proof beyond a reasonable doubt, I hold "guilty".

You asked: "Can't LE use death searches on internet, statements regarding her being anchored down by having a child, her inability to explain how/where she kept her on nights prior to her death when she slept at friends without her, etc...as premediation?"

Yes. Prosecutors can use such things. But after-the-fact behavior can't prove before-the-fact actions. Corroborative evidence is not inculpatory evidence. Moreover, we don't know if the defense will offer a reasonable explanation for any of these potential items of evidence. If the defense does, then jurors can not use them to support a guilty verdict.

As to what the M.E. and forensic technicians might or might not find as regards the body, tape, bag et al., there's nothing to be gained by speculating that they assuredly will or won't find certain particulars.

guilty as sin.

and as for insanity...Casey is long past the point where she can claim voices told her to kill Caylee to save her from the devil....we will be talking about this case for years.

Shes a first degree killer...and the murder was henious and premeditated.
you said it
this will become a clasic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members