"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Guilty V Not Guilty & What Level

• Guilty 1st Degree Murder - Totally Premeditated

Votes: 530 79.3%
  • Guilty 2cnd Degree Murder

Votes: 58 8.7%
  • Guilty Manslaughter - Not premeditated but during a Rage attack or a snapped moment

Votes: 61 9.1%
  • Not Guilty - Complete Accident

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • Completely Innocent

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ripley, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of her actions yesterday. I believe we can now hone in on Casey's biggest fears. She is afraid that now her parents know the truth, will they abandon her and take away that love she was working hard to get in those jailhouse videos. She was their little girl again. Now they're going to know. Casey's fears aren't for what the law will do to her. It is what her parents will, and their damage has always been psychological and emotional. Her panic attack was the physical response to knowing her parents found out. I would predict that in the next days we see a complete emotional breakdown.

Dear Casey,
Everyone knows, Casey. EVERYONE. All your friends, all your family, all your boyfriends, the whole town of Orlando, the whole state of Florida, the rest of the United States, people in all countries on all continents have been following this case. WE ALL KNOW NOW, CASEY.

Good luck with that. Everyone DOESN'T lie, and Caylee didn't HAVE to die. Whatever happens to you now, that is your fate.

This post literally gave me chills. I believe you are right, and this whole thing is sad beyond belief, all the way around.

Casey's fears aren't for what the law will do to her. It is what her parents will, and their damage has always been psychological and emotional.

I agree with this view. I also think that Caylee's death was probably an accident but it was her fear of how her parents would react that led her on the path she took. I think that initially, in the first phase of shock and panic, her automatic response was to try to call her mother, and she may have told the truth then, but when she couldn't make contact her thoughts moved beyond the initial shock of what had happened to the consequences for HER. She then turned to her usual 'resource' - deceit!

This is just my opinion at the moment - I may be wrong!

I agree with this view. I also think that Caylee's death was probably an accident but it was her fear of how her parents would react that led her on the path she took. I think that initially, in the first phase of shock and panic, her automatic response was to try to call her mother, and she may have told the truth then, but when she couldn't make contact her thoughts moved beyond the initial shock of what had happened to the consequences for HER. She then turned to her usual 'resource' - deceit!

This is just my opinion at the moment - I may be wrong!

I would like to think so too...except for all those google searches.

Wudge, as of today we know of duct tape on the mouth of the skeleton. To me, a layman, that screams premeditation, as did the chloroform searches on the computer, and the ones about shovels, neck-breaking, and such...

Hi Linask, LTNS. I missed your post. Happy holidays to you and yours.

As you know, I'm not big on taking what is reported as being true or accurate.

I heard the bag was sealed with duct tape. Yet the skull allegedly rolled out of the bag. So we need to hear more on what tape was found where.

The plastic bag was allegedly placed on top of the ground. If that is true, the use of a shovel would not seem to naturally fit into things, in my mind at least. Moreover, I have doubts that anyone would really do a google search on how to use a shovel.

I haven't heard that tests show that the mechanics of Caylee's death (assuming it is her body) was chloroform related.

I would wait for corroboration on the alleged computer searches that you think might have been taken place before-the-fact. If any searches prove relevant, I would also wait to hear what the defense offers as an explanation.

I watch the video of Caylee singing "you are my sunshine" with the amended line "please don't take nana's sunshine away" and it makes me physically ill to even let the thought stir that KC may have intentionally killed that sweet baby for the sole purpose of taking "nana's sunshine" away. I can only hope that Caylee died accidently and that KC reacted maniacly. That is what I want to believe. I know the evidence continues to point toward a premeditated murder, but I hope with all my heart, for the A's peace of mind...or even for my selfish need to not have nightmares, that her demise was accidental. It would still mean KC's guilt out of neglect... and I would still see her as a monster for playing the victim and for taking such joy from her own mother's pain...but I could probably lose the sick feeling in my own stomach.....

Nana??? Nanny???? hmmmmmmmmm

I've been in court too many times ...(as a witness)... innocent until proven guilty. I do think the evidence is mounting, though.

I know alot of you want to see Casey Rot in jail/hell RIGHT NOW. But, if you are ever charged with anything, you will be glad we have this justice system of presumed innocence.

I thought this title meant:
Geraldo vs. Nancy Grace
and boy is there a difference. His show last night really showed the defense's side of everything.

I believe she is guilty.
Yes, I know presumed innocent, etc. but in this case with all the info that has been released already, most people have already made an educated guess.

Based on the forensic evidence, G as bloody h!

I've been in court too many times ...(as a witness)... innocent until proven guilty. I do think the evidence is mounting, though.

I know alot of you want to see Casey Rot in jail/hell RIGHT NOW. But, if you are ever charged with anything, you will be glad we have this justice system of presumed innocence.

My experience has taught me that a significant majority of the public jump to conclusions. You would make an excellent juror.

She's guilty! Guilty of being a bad liar, guilty of being a bad mother, guilty of being a bad daughter, guilty of being a bad sister, guilty of being a bad friend, and guilty of being a poor excuse for a human being!! "KC, what have you done?" You have destroyed everyone in your world, including yourself. The wreckage is not over-the future does not bode well for those who turn away from all that is right and just to preserve your lying :behind:!

My experience has taught me that a significant majority of the public jump to conclusions. You would make an excellent juror.

With our jury system I think it is a whole lot easier to find someone guilty rather than have them acquitted. So many people have that attitude of "well, if the person is on trial they must be guilty of something".

When ever a co-worker has ever been on jury duty, they are always enviably asked by someone, and usually in a joking manner, "did you convict em?"

I have never been on an official jury, but I did once participate on a mock jury for a local law school a few years ago. We heard maybe ten minutes of testimony, I don't recall exactly just that it was very short and in my mind raised more questions than it answered.

Once we got into the jury room, even before any discussion we went around the table and had everyone give their initial verdict. Ten people said guilty, myself and one other said undecided. I just about fell out of my chair that the majority would immediately say guilty like that. I mean the testimony was literally along the lines of, there was a crime committed north of here and the defendant was seen driving north, and nothing else. It just amazed me that people would say guilty after such little evidence.

LOL I thought the title of this thread referred to Greta vs Nancy G. duh!

I'm a G myself, but the NG's are well represented here.

*Bolded by me*

Don't worry, I thought the thread referred to George Anthony vs Nancy Grace. :doh:

There are a few similarities between this case and the Scott Peterson case. Number one that comes to mind is Scott making "flirtinis" and laughing at the vigil, then we have Casey partying her hot little buns off just days after her daughter is "kidnapped" by a nanny. Notice the difference between Casey and Natalee Holloway's mom. :mad:

But my question is, remember in the Peterson days, there were tumultuous online riots between the "Guilties" and the "Not Guilties"; (I myself was a "G"). Do we have that here in this case?

Anyone here an "NG", or do we all believe that Casey did it?

OMG do you remember LovelyPigeon? He/She was the most vocal NG out there... Used to drive me nuts! :)

With our jury system I think it is a whole lot easier to find someone guilty rather than have them acquitted. So many people have that attitude of "well, if the person is on trial they must be guilty of something".

When ever a co-worker has ever been on jury duty, they are always enviably asked by someone, and usually in a joking manner, "did you convict em?"

I have never been on an official jury, but I did once participate on a mock jury for a local law school a few years ago. We heard maybe ten minutes of testimony, I don't recall exactly just that it was very short and in my mind raised more questions than it answered.

Once we got into the jury room, even before any discussion we went around the table and had everyone give their initial verdict. Ten people said guilty, myself and one other said undecided. I just about fell out of my chair that the majority would immediately say guilty like that. I mean the testimony was literally along the lines of, there was a crime committed north of here and the defendant was seen driving north, and nothing else. It just amazed me that people would say guilty after such little evidence.

I'm familiar with hundreds of such mocks. Your experience does not surprise me.

Our society has turned tabloid. What I've witnessed over the years is that our presumption of innocence standard has become a novelty to most people.

Today, citizens feedback a crimetainment mentality. In crimetainment, guilty sells. It gets the ratings. "Guilty" is a crowd pleaser.

Ratings wise, "not guilty" is a loser.

guilty of course...
but we need a lot more tangible evidence in order to charge her with murder 1.

i don't see a jury convicting her on what little evidence they have :(

I'm familiar with hundreds of such mocks. Your experience does not surprise me.

Our society has turned tabloid. What I've witnessed over the years is that our presumption of innocence standard has become a novelty to most people.

Today, citizens feedback a crimetainment mentality. In crimetainment, guilty sells. It gets the ratings. "Guilty" is a crowd pleaser.

Ratings wise, "not guilty" is a loser.

There is also the "mob mentality", as you state people are conditioned towards the guilty being the norm/conforming mind set. So even if someone does have some doubts they become more likely to go along with what they perceive the majority will think/feel because there is the greater fear of being outcast.

Have you seen 12 Angry Men? It shows the power of one unrelenting juror to find the truth.

No, nothing is as it seems. Yes, it seems that Casey is Guilty. But I don't want her in jail just because she's a liar and narcissistic, I want the murder of the child in jail.

For the people that jump to conclusions - I hope you don't do the same in your personal life. You cant immediately accuse a SO of cheating just because you suspect something or a coincidence.

If you examine everything sensibly and with respect to facts, you will get the truth more often than not. It's a great justice system and a great way to deal with interpersonal relationships as well.

I've been passing over this thread because I, too, thought it was Nancy Grace vs. Greta! Duh! Does that mean I am sooo clueless I can't give my opinion??? I'll go ahead anyway--yes, she is presumed innocent. In normal circumstances I would wait to hear the evidence at trial. However, we have the benefit of her numerous statements to LE, family members, LP; the benefit of numerous pix of her in the aftermath of the "kidnapping"; the benefit of the statements of her friends and family as to her actions during the relevant time period; the evidence of decomp in the car; the evidence of her cell phone pings and text messages and, of course, computer searches. All evidence points to KC--and usually it is a family member and not a stranger. More significant to me, is what we don't have. That is, anyone else with a motive or the opportunity to commit this crime. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that this Zani existed. None. Not one iota. This woman supposedly had children and a sister and was a babysitter. Yet no one --not one person--has come forward with any information about this woman, her kids her sister or her car. It doesn't even matter if she was known by another name. Surely, someone would recognize the description, the car, the sister, the kids. For those of you who are tending toward NG on a basis other than the presumption of innoncence, how do you explain the complete lack of any evidence pointing toward the existence of this woman and her kids no less that she kidnapped Caylee?

Have you seen 12 Angry Men? It shows the power of one unrelenting juror to find the truth.

No, nothing is as it seems. Yes, it seems that Casey is Guilty. But I don't want her in jail just because she's a liar and narcissistic, I want the murder of the child in jail.

For the people that jump to conclusions - I hope you don't do the same in your personal life. You cant immediately accuse a SO of cheating just because you suspect something or a coincidence.

If you examine everything sensibly and with respect to facts, you will get the truth more often than not. It's a great justice system and a great way to deal with interpersonal relationships as well.

Yes, an excellent movie as well as the remake done a few years ago. It's all about standing up to ones principles. I think that is something that is fading in our society. Something I've also struggle with from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18