GA - 2 corrections officers killed on bus, 2 inmates on run, Putnam Co., June 2017 *CAPTURED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"FOX 5 Atlanta · 38 mins ·

UNCONFIRMED SIGHTING: Police are letting the public know there has been a reported, unconfirmed sighting, of the escaped Georgia prisoners in Switzerland, South... Carolina near exit 18. According to the Jasper County Sheriff's Office, they were both in camouflage pants and black shirts. They should be considered armed and dangerous.

MORE: http://bit.ly/2sE6KKh"

Heads up Hilton Head, Savannah!!!!

It's been a nerve racking couple of days. Praying they are caught quickly. I will be thankful for peaceful sleep tonight, but I know there are others on edge now!

Thank you CARIBOU for the info. Alas, 2 men with black t shirts and camouflage pants so close to 3 military bases....I'm thinking it might be two military men. http://snagfilms-a.akamaihd.net/df/...4ce494/635815538391301474-mar-recruiting-5jpg
(Hey, every Marine is a joy to view! OORAH!!! Semper Fi....)
After all, there is quite a large weight difference between Rowe & Du Bose....hard to imagine they were able to steal matching style and size pants and shirts from one house.
When I was getting work done yesterday (off base) I sat next to a young military man in full camo-fatigues. (Gosh I love our military, btw.)

hey WideOpen and Grasshopper, good to see ya' guys on here....but sure wouldn't want Margarita to sleep through this, if it has "some teeth." Poor M has got to be running on tons of caffeine and computer strained eyes

"FOX 5 Atlanta · 38 mins ·

UNCONFIRMED SIGHTING: Police are letting the public know there has been a reported, unconfirmed sighting, of the escaped Georgia prisoners in Switzerland, South... Carolina near exit 18. According to the Jasper County Sheriff's Office, they were both in camouflage pants and black shirts. They should be considered armed and dangerous.

MORE: http://bit.ly/2sE6KKh"

Heads up Hilton Head, Savannah!!!!

It's been a nerve racking couple of days. Praying they are caught quickly. I will be thankful for peaceful sleep tonight, but I know there are others on edge now!

Oh, for goodness sakes! This is NOT the news this SC resident wanted to hear.

I've been trying to stay positive and have kept my fingers crossed that their capture will be swift, by telling myself that ...

A) fugitives rarely make it past day three on the lam

B) traffic and security cameras, not to mention license tag readers, are EVERYWHERE these days. This often forces them to hide out in wooded areas and/or travel on desolate highways to avoid detection (which significantly slows them down)

C) BOLOS have gone out to every highway patrolman in the southeastern US and troopers are probably posted at every state border on all major highways or interstates right now

...I mean how far can they possibly get with all of these obstacles, right?

I'm not a map maker. (If anyone knows how to help here by adding any specific locations to track would be appreciated)
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Swi...05febaf79b7512!2m2!1d-83.4643551!2d33.5794186
View attachment 118383

Hi WideOpen. I don't know how to add markers to your map, however I have updated my map with the Switerland SC possible sighting and the location where the truck was stolen.

Here's the link again so it's handy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w7h1ttrigA617qjBFITMnpiGxxQ&usp=sharing

Awesome map - thanks! If SC sighting is accurate, it looks like they worked out a path to avoid population centers. Maybe now they turn back NW and head for "home" or the mountains.

Qmfr /my battery died so didn't get to finish posting about the PC:

Here’s the latest, including a recap of a noon press conference where Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills and other officials provided an update on their efforts:

"12:22 p.m.:*“We are not actively searching in any particular area,” Sills said.*

Authorities are looking for the pickup truck in a nationwide search.

12:20 p.m.:*There is evidence the two inmates ditched the first car they stole, ransacked a nearby house and walked about 9 miles to the pickup truck,*Sills said.

The truck was stolen between 11 p.m. and midnight Tuesday, Sills said.*

12:12 p.m.:*Authorities found evidence in a dark green 2004 Honda Civic, the first car stolen, letting them know the two inmates were in it. Sills said he wouldn’t say what that evidence was.

12:11 p.m.:*Sills said there’s an infinite number of people who could be helping the inmates.

*“These people have relatives,” he said. “These people have friends.”"

There is a $130,000 reward for their capture.

12:10 p.m.:*Police don’t believe the inmates are still in the Morgan County community.*

12:08 p.m.:*Other prisoners have been*“extremely helpful” in the course of this investigation, Sills.

Police believe both accused inmates were still together at the time a white pickup truck was stolen, Sills said.

12:01 p.m.:*A $130,000 reward is being offered in the search for two escaped inmates.

There has not in the time of his career been a reward this large, Sills said.

12:00 p.m.:*Putnam County Sheriff*Howard Sills began a noon press conference by expressing condolences to the families of two Georgia correctional officers shot and killed.

The search is still on for two inmates accused in the shooting.

11:54 a.m.:*The*FBI is going to roll out nationwide billboards to aid the search for two escaped inmates accused of shooting and killing two Georgia correctional officers, according to Channel 2 Action News.

"And rewards for information leading to the capture of fugitives Donnie Russell Rowe and Ricky Dubose are steadily increasing.

The FBI, the GBI and other agencies are offering a total of $130,000, which amounts to $65,000 for each escaped inmate. And that amount could increase as more people and organizations offer to help, GBI director Vernon Keenan said."

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...tes-reward-grows-130k/pbonXC045AByBlyNQN84vM/

Manhunt expands for 'vicious hoodlums' who killed Georgia prison guards
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...capture-killer-escapees-nears-100k/102881292/

""This is the greatest (search) effort I have ever seen, and it’s not just because of the crime. It’s because the public is in grave danger," Sills said. "These are dangerous, seriously dangerous, vicious hoodlums that need to be apprehended.""

Snip

"The FBI is leading the investigation. David LeValley, special agent in charge of the Atlanta office, said law enforcement was increasing the search effort — and is prepared to maintain a massive effort until the men are found.

"It has become a nationwide search," LeValley said. "We need the eyes and ears of everybody, really, in this country to be on the lookout."

Snip

""We are looking for them anywhere they might be on planet Earth," he said."

"Putnam County, Georgia, Sheriff Howard Sills today said the public is in "grave danger" and that authorities do not know where the dangerous inmates are. The*FBI*is asking for the public's help, calling the search expanding.

"We need the eyes and ears of everybody really in this country to be on the lookout for these two individuals," Sills said today. "We are looking for them anywhere they might be on planet Earth.""

Manhunt intensifies for 2 armed inmates on the run after killing Georgia corrections officers
http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunt-in...killing-georgia-corrections/story?id=48055236

WideOpen, how far is this from you?

This is about 80 mi from me. :sunshine:

I'm not surprised this isn't them. I cant see them going out together nor tattoo face going out in daylight or public, thats a scary face.
I was researching ways to get those tattoos off of his face and salt and a dremel-looks painful.

jmo

'The public is in grave danger': Search for escaped inmates expands nationwide
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/the...-escaped-inmates-expands-nationwide/533830759

"The effort includes a newly created tip line: 877-WANTED2 (926-8332).

We'll explain how the FBI plans to widen the search to other states on Channel 2 Action News starting at 4"

Snip

"I’ve worked in law enforcement in this state in some capacity for 44 years, and I can tell you today, there has never been a reward that large,” Sills said."

"In the news conference, Sills became emotional when speaking about Sgt. Christopher Monica and Sgt. Curtis Billue.

“This black stripe, it’s been on this badge more in the last year than ever before,” Sills said, fighting back tears. “We’ve grown to expect this. We expect to be assassinated at any time.”"

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/the...-escaped-inmates-expands-nationwide/533830759

I'm not surprised this isn't them. I cant see them going out together nor tattoo face going out in daylight or public, thats a scary face.
I was researching ways to get those tattoos off of his face and salt and a dremel-looks painful.

jmo

I have another idea/ way he could get these taken off, but dont want to give ideas...hopefully you can interpret, it involves a danger to certain working professionals.

I saw SC and was like, Oh no, they're heading right towards WideOpen :scared:

I have another idea/ way he could get these taken off, but dont want to give ideas...hopefully you can interpret, it involves a danger to certain working professionals.

I saw SC and was like, Oh no, they're heading right towards WideOpen :scared:

Those tattoos...:ghost:
Also, I hope Le has every member of the Ghost gang he is a member of under their radar. could it be possible they have outside help?

Im not too fearful of them coming my way, but I am so fearful for anyone who is in their path. Right now, thats everyone and anyone in the continental.
LE just have to wait this out and keep the public aware and alarmed.
I'm worried they could have made it as far as Colorado as well.

jmo
be back after dinner and all.

jmo

A high collar and a low brim on a hat and/or sunglasses could conceal the face/neck from a distance .... perhaps?

snipped from MARGARITA25 (Hi there kiddo...sorry we woke you up...but needed your energy)

"12:11 p.m.:*Sills said there’s an infinite number of people who could be helping the inmates.

*“These people have relatives,” he said. “These people have friends.”"

Uh, sure they do. But, a parent could easily reconcile/justify turning them in, ya' know for public safety and to also avoid a shoot out?? Come to think of it $130,000 just might make a lot of their friends, willing to help their old pals..,Uh huh ....$130,000 makes for a great relocation package!
I just don't think these guys are ready to contact anyone, yet. Although they are desperados, they are not desperate, yet. IMO. They are used to being together and sharing each other's secrets....they have formed a tight bond and I don't sense any dissension between them, this early on. The willingness to "go to a Family Dollar" together, right after, leads me towards that conclusion.

If my former BFF shows up with his new BFF and a pistol, and say to help, or he'll kill me, sounds like homie would be driving away in his brand new car.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

OMG .... I had not even considered this:

The shootings, Sills said, were caught on video. [Sills is a County Sheriff]
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/deal-orders-flags-half-staff-for-slain-officers-reward-grows-130k-inmate-search/pbonXC045AByBlyNQN84vM/

A high collar and a low brim on a hat and/or sunglasses could conceal the face/neck from a distance .... perhaps?

If I were him, I would be on a motorcycle with a super duper helmet that covered everything!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back