GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this agent's facial expression while being cross examined by defense is priceless.

Q: Did neighborhood FB page contain racial slurs?
A: No.
EZrxJLzXYAgm4HP

Wright Gazaway
@wgazawayWTOC

·
3h

You’ve likely seen the :36 video showing Ahmaud Arbery getting killed. Dial confirms the video is longer, and the GBI has a copy of it. However, he says Bryan “put the phone down”, so you can’t see much, but you can see Arbery go around the truck, according to Dial.

During his opening statement, state prosecutor Jesse Evans said Arbery “was chased, hunted down an ultimately executed, we believe the evidence will show based on what’s about to be presented to the court.”

[snip]

Among the details shared, Dial said that Bryan told investigators he overheard Travis McMichael use an expletive along with a racial slur to describe Arbery following the fatal shooting. Dial said he has also seen “many” other examples of Travis McMichael using the “n-word” on social media.

[snip]

The defense attorney for Travis McMichael brought up the mental state of Arbery when questioning Dial. Arbery had been diagnosed with a mental illness, Dial said, but he was not sure of the particular name of the diagnosis. He added that Arbery was not, at the time, under treatment for any mental illness.

Defense attorney Jason Sheffield said it’s relevant because it could mean the difference between self-defense and felony murder.

“I don’t believe it was self-defense for Mr. McMichael, I believe it was self-defense for Mr. Arbery,” Dial said. “I think Mr. Arbery was trying to get away, he couldn’t, so he chose to fight.”

GBI investigator: Witness heard man who killed Ahmaud Arbery use racial slur following shooting

light cotton fiber and dents in Roddie's truck. He actually gunned the engine and hit AA during the "roundup"

:mad:
Did they say where on the truck the dent was?
To dent a truck with a clothed part of the body is virtually impossible, and hard with a shoe.

AA had every right to resist being forced to submit to them.
Not to mention they probably would have killed him anyway once he was in their control as no doubt GM knows how to lie up a storm of tried and true cover stories.

Last edited:
During his opening statement, state prosecutor Jesse Evans said Arbery “was chased, hunted down an ultimately executed, we believe the evidence will show based on what’s about to be presented to the court.”

[snip]

Among the details shared, Dial said that Bryan told investigators he overheard Travis McMichael use an expletive along with a racial slur to describe Arbery following the fatal shooting. Dial said he has also seen “many” other examples of Travis McMichael using the “n-word” on social media.

[snip]

The defense attorney for Travis McMichael brought up the mental state of Arbery when questioning Dial. Arbery had been diagnosed with a mental illness, Dial said, but he was not sure of the particular name of the diagnosis. He added that Arbery was not, at the time, under treatment for any mental illness.

Defense attorney Jason Sheffield said it’s relevant because it could mean the difference between self-defense and felony murder.

“I don’t believe it was self-defense for Mr. McMichael, I believe it was self-defense for Mr. Arbery,” Dial said. “I think Mr. Arbery was trying to get away, he couldn’t, so he chose to fight.”

GBI investigator: Witness heard man who killed Ahmaud Arbery use racial slur following shooting
thanks so much @tlcya - stellar work today - I've updated the media thread for him.

AA chose to fight with his bare hands when he tried and failed to run away. Defense is suggesting AA should have tried to run through yards to evade the vehicles. This is one of the saddest displays I have ever seen.
RSBM
Let me just say that if Mr. Arbery had run onto someone's property or yard, these monsters would have taken that as a trespass and would have killed him anyway. It is horrific to me that they hunted him and basically made those statements but now the only defense is that Mr. Arbery should have dodged the bullet or given up and let these men have their way with him. That is just infuriating.

Last edited:
RSBM
Let me just say that if Mr. Arbery had run onto someone's property or yard, these monsters would have taken that as a trespass and would have killed him anyway. It is horrific to me that they hunted him and basically made those statements but now the only defense is that Mr. Arbery should have dodged the bullet or given up and let these men have their way with him. That is just infuriating.

exactly my thought when the asinine defense question of why do you think Mr. Arbery didn't run though a side yard if his intent was to avoid and run away from the defendants? was asked. I spit my iced tea. When he asked that I was like, why on earth would you open that door? my response would have been similar to yours above if I were Special Agent Dial.

Defense is not scoring any points attempting to malign Dial's ability to determine what to charge Roddie with. Dial is clear that his investigation has determined Roddie was aiding and abetting.

This isn't a trick question, per defense, lol. Uh, yes it is dear, it just is not achieving the desired effect.

Prosecution objects, judge allows the questions to continue but defense was told to get to the point.

Last edited:
Testimony:

G McMichael said he would have shot Mr. Arbery if he had gotten the gun away from T McMichael.

IMO, Mr. Arbery was going to die either way if these monsters had his way.

Bryan's attorney just opened the door to have the GBI agent to call his client a racist. No racial stuff on his SM but he had it on his phone.

Now the attorney says that there are a lot of racists in the south. Possibly true but this is Bryan's lawyer getting confirmation of his client's racist posts.

Why would an attorney work to get an agent to call his client a racist? I don't like Bryan and think he is a murdering accomplice but the man needs a new lawyer.

Last edited:
Q: Did your investigation uncover any trash talk on social media by Mr. Bryan?

A: No.

Q: Was there any racial talk on there

A: Not on his social media but on his phone. (again, so not surprised)
Mr. Bryan used several racially derogatory terms about blacks that Dial felt show his attitudes and biases and how those may have colored how he perceived events of the day.

I cannot believe WB (Roddie's) attorney just tried to suggest "well, it is the south so it's not all that uncommon" to hear people regularly use racial epitaphs??? WTH? Is his defense really going to be

a) I didn't know they was gonna kill him
b) I might be a little racist but hey isn't everybody? It is the south ya know but
c) doesn't mean I intended to aid and abet a murder?

I repeat WTH??

defense attorney is pushing it. He is suggesting that Roddie was fearful that AA was trying to get into his truck.

That is the most ridiculous laughable bullcrap I have ever heard and boy howdy I have watched a lot of hearings and trials
A man I was chasing in my truck dented my truck with his hip?
Apparently
MOO white aggressors
are so used to lying and getting away with it.
MOO
Translated: "you know, wink, he was was black so you know ... Just clean up the report to give it the color of law."

OMG I literally CAN'T with Gough. he is one of the worst I have ever seen. I am bored with his line of questioning but it's a train wreck that keeps on giving. Keep digging your client's hole sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste