GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they know that Travis' training means nothing without authority? It's like me commanding a human to sit, stay, and roll over. Its like me telling someone else's child they are grounded. Need I go on?

What I'm hearing is he's playing cop without a badge. It's not reasonable to expect compliance, even if one did commit a crime.

All this training and leaving a weapon unsecured will totally work against him on cross.

He said that he showed the gun to the guys that came up to him and they left.

The argument here is that showing a gun or pointing it at someone de-escalates a situation. Therefore, by pointing the rifle at AA from 100 feet down the road, he expected AA to turn away, or not come towards him.

Travis yelling at AA to "get down on the ground" (bleep bleep) kinda leaves it's own impression....

Thinking how I can use this testimony - He went to the "homeless camp" thinking maybe some homeless people stole a purse or other items in the neighborhood. But why does he constantly seek out these situations? Why not just call the non-emergency number to have an officer look.

If TM did find their things, he can't do anything anyway! He had no authority.

Thinking how I can use this testimony - He went to the "homeless camp" thinking maybe some homeless people stole a purse or other items in the neighborhood. But why does he constantly seek out these situations? Why not just call the non-emergency number to have an officer look.

If TM did find their things, he can't do anything anyway! He had no authority.

He's Bruce Wayne. You didn't know? ;)

He doesn't know who left his car unlocked? I thought he did? And I thought you can't lock it?

He said that he showed the gun to the guys that came up to him and they left.

The argument here is that showing a gun or pointing it at someone de-escalates a situation. Therefore, by pointing the rifle at AA from 100 feet down the road, he expected AA to turn away, or not come towards him.
I also noted that both of his examples of when showing a gun protected him had occurred after Hurricane Katrina, in an area severely impacted by the storm. A reasonable person would consider travel in a hurricane-ravaged area unusual and more dangerous circumstances, which is a scenario that's nowhere close to the pursuit in that residential neighborhood on a normal weekend in February. Plus, AA had already tried to run off (de-escalate), and the accused had blocked him from de-escalation.

Also, why the heck didn't he report the ATM incident to the police? Didn't he consider that the next person who tried to use it could have been subject to the same risk of being held up? A reasonable person (particularly someone with law enforcement training) should have reported the hold-up attempt to police, if he cared about the safety of others.

So I take it that they want to paint him as a concerned citizen who has been in similar situations before and never hurt anyone but all I’m getting is that:

1-He’s incapable of minding his own business
2-Fancies himself a hero and an investigator
3-Actively seeks out these situations
4-Believes he’s entitled to answers when he sticks his nose in other people’s business

Why doesn’t he apply for a job with the police department if he wants to constantly confront people and “investigate”, instead of being some kind of unauthorised bargain bin detective

I also noted that both of his examples of when showing a gun protected him had occurred after Hurricane Katrina, in an area severely impacted by the storm. A reasonable person would consider travel in a hurricane-ravaged area unusual and more dangerous circumstances, which is a scenario that's nowhere close to the pursuit in that residential neighborhood on a normal weekend in February. Plus, AA had already tried to run off (de-escalate), and the accused had blocked him from de-escalation.

Also, why the heck didn't he report the ATM incident to the police? Didn't he consider that the next person who tried to use it could have been subject to the same risk of being held up? A reasonable person (particularly someone with law enforcement training) should have reported the hold-up attempt to police, if he cared about the safety of others.

Very good points.

So I take it that they want to paint him as a concerned citizen who has been in similar situations before and never hurt anyone but all I’m getting is that:

4-Believes he’s entitled to answers when he sticks his nose in other people’s business

Why doesn’t he apply for a job with the police department if he wants to constantly confront people and “investigate”, instead of being some kind of unauthorised bargain bin detective

All this.

Cameras galore in the neighborhood, according to Travis, and yet, his gun was supposedly stolen in broad daylight in the AM on New Year's day. And yet, not a single person has ever said they saw AA IN the neighborhood on that day- or any other except the day he was killed.

BBM - bravo - ALL of THIS!

Cameras galore in the neighborhood, according to Travis, and yet, his gun was supposedly stolen in broad daylight in the AM on New Year's day. And yet, not a single person has ever said they saw AA IN the neighborhood on that day- or any other except the day he was killed.

And it's daytime when people are out. He testified that neighbors stopped coming out at night, so they should have been out during the day.

ETA and that shadow chasing thing is absurd.

Veronica Waters
@MissVWaters
·
20m
Judge: State can get into it on cross-exam. Travis McMichael says he had a 1911, Army service pistol, in '08 & a carry license in Mississippi, after Katrina. He was getting cash at ATM. Saw 2 younger males; 1 asked for money. He showed gun, they ran off

Travis3.jpg

2nd time was also in MS. 2011 or '12. Stopped at a red light in truck, someone came up and popped his lock by reaching thru GMC's open window. Yelling and getting into truck. He pulled out pistol, pointed it, said "Get out of my truck" & guy ran off

Back to Satilla Shores. McMichael says in '19 he was trying to figure out if someone in particular was behind crimes. A neighbor in July had purse stolen from vehicle. Week or so later coming back with boat clients he saw a bunch of trash under bridge

T McMichael says it looked like a homeless encampment. Back home, he got his dad. TM says they went to go look; he carries his own concealed weapon everywhere. They go down a 4-wheeler trail to look around; wanted to talk to anyone he'd find

Shef.jpg

McMichael says he saw a "friendly guy" and asked if he was living there. Man said he wasn't, but TM was certain he was. Told him, Straight up stuff's being stolen in this neighborhood. Man said he hadn't seen anything. TM & GM looked around--saw nothing

Travis McMichael said they didn't see a purse, a tackle box, a boat motor--nothing out of place. His dad called police non-emergency number. They play GM's call for the jury. TM says he told a few neighbors about it.

attorneys.jpg

Over the next 5-6 months, folks on Facebook page would talk about people living under bridge--homeless person. Sheffield asks when Travis McMichael first hold about things missing from 220 Satilla. He says his mother told him 1st then he saw it on Facebook

T McMichael said he heard equipment was stolen off a boat in 220 Satilla Dr. TM didn't know anything about the homeowner. Met him once. Man would stay in camper out back when he was there.

1.1.2020 Travis McMichael discovered his gun stolen from truck. His dad had moved vehicle earlier that day; doesn't know if he or his dad had left it unlocked. Saw holster in driver's seat. Dad said he hadn't moved it. Looked for it realized it was stolen

Jurors hear Travis McMichael's 911 call reporting the stolen pistol. He testifies he was concerned about the theft. Who has it, how'll they use it, do they know how. Heard of other guns being taken from vehicles. "It was common talk around neighborhood"

He came to know the 220 Satilla owner had put up cameras--parents & Facebook told him. "Having 220 constantly being broken into and videos of people, starting to think somebody or a pair of people are coming into this neighborhood instead of random acts of burglary"

Travis4.jpg

2.11.2020 T McMichael made a late-night gas run. Sees someone run across street. Gets closer, sees "he is standing in the shadows. Creeping through the shadows. If there was a shadow he'd run with it and was staying close to the house"

Travis5.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/MissVWaters

"When I turned around he took off running into the house." Roddy, 911.

And he's out of breath because he had run home to get his daddy & gun before calling 911, not because he was scared.

I agree, but this is Travis, not Roddy. Unless I'm confused.

Eta, got it. See your edit. Thanks!

Last edited:
It's later in the call, after TRAVIS has already given one version of first seeing AA & after he said AA ran straight into the house, that he tells the dispatcher he saw AA reaching into his pocket.

PS. AA did not have a flashlight.

(Sorry. Roddy on the brain).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members